The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 31st, 2014, 01:31 AM
Airhead
Drop dead gorgeous

Nature: Brave
My brother preordered it and now we're waiting for EB Games to phone us and tell us if it's in stock yet. I wish it wasn't taking so long, i'm too excited! :3

Even though I'll never play it, haha, but I do enjoy watching games. C:

I could show you incredible things
Magic, madness, heaven, sin

Old January 31st, 2014, 08:44 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Speaking of the DS, I still don't get why Ninty is giving the Wii U a VC for it, but not the 3DS. The software switch is already there, and not to mention that my game library would grow tremendously with DD DS games.
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:45 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

It's probably because they want to push the Wii U's sales numbers higher and higher since it's starting to falter given that its competitors have been released. That or they already are there and we just didn't know it (this is doubtful, though).
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:51 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Yep, it's either that they're trying to give the Wii U a boost, or the fact that every DS game can already be played on the 3DS anyway... don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind DS Virtual Console for the 3DS but it would feel a little redundant.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:55 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyluigi2 View Post
Yep, it's either that they're trying to give the Wii U a boost, or the fact that every DS game can already be played on the 3DS anyway... don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind DS Virtual Console for the 3DS but it would feel a little redundant.
I'd see it more as allowing people to acquire the games digitally for the games where physical copies are no longer made or are very hard to come by, personally.
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:49 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
I would want it for the same reason that I like downloading digital 3DS titles, for the convenience of having all my games on one console. I think that having DS carts digitally would be an fantastic option.
Old January 31st, 2014, 02:54 PM
Ozymandias
we're just two lost souls
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Meh all this VC stuff doesn't really matter to me seeing that I don't own a Wii U and barely play my 3ds XD
Old February 1st, 2014, 07:18 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
The main reason for the DS VCs is so they can utilize the gamepad more often for the Wii U.
Old February 1st, 2014, 09:26 AM
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
The reason for the DS VC's is that the WiiU is selling very poorly, and Nintendo wants to try to add something to generate sales.

It's hard for the WiiU's sale number to falter though - They were terriable already so it's kind of hard for them to get even worse. Dec's numbers had it selling 5.86 million units. At the same time, the PS4 sold 4.2 million and the XB1 (Jam 6) 3 million. The WiiU was released a year before either of them, and in a little more then a month the PS4 almost outsold it. So no, it's not the PS4/XB1 making the WiiU's sales falter - It just didn't sell good.

Come play Runescape
Old February 1st, 2014, 09:38 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Sales aside, I still don't see the point of not giving it to both. Of course thats an issue for the Virtual Console in general, not just DS....
Old February 1st, 2014, 10:30 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Stud Muffin View Post
Sales aside, I still don't see the point of not giving it to both. Of course thats an issue for the Virtual Console in general, not just DS....
Yep, exactly. It's even the same with the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console...! The Wii Shopping Channel has so many VC games but Nintendo insist on releasing them very, very slowly over months and months on the Wii U eShop. I don't get it! What's wrong with just releasing everything on every system?

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old February 1st, 2014, 11:02 PM
Airhead
Drop dead gorgeous

Okay, I've just picked up Eternal Sonata, put it in the Xbox and i've been transported to the world I love once again.

One problem....

I'M STUCK ON A PIRATE SHIP!! D:

And worst of all, all of my healing herbs and reviving herbs have been eaten by the weakest of the bunch, which is Frederic, not Polka, surprisingly.

I'm on Dolce's ship and their are OP pirates everywhere and I need to get back to the main ship so i can buuuuuuuuy some damn herbs! :C HELP!! ;-;

Old February 2nd, 2014, 09:34 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyluigi2 View Post
Yep, exactly. It's even the same with the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console...! The Wii Shopping Channel has so many VC games but Nintendo insist on releasing them very, very slowly over months and months on the Wii U eShop. I don't get it! What's wrong with just releasing everything on every system?
Nothing at all, Nintendo's planning on that from what I can gather from the Investor meeting. Just we have till wait for the next platform which would also give us unified accounts, both things they can easily achieve now, but won't. \
Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:07 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ๖ۣۜTiara View Post
Okay, I've just picked up Eternal Sonata, put it in the Xbox and i've been transported to the world I love once again.

One problem....

I'M STUCK ON A PIRATE SHIP!! D:

And worst of all, all of my healing herbs and reviving herbs have been eaten by the weakest of the bunch, which is Frederic, not Polka, surprisingly.

I'm on Dolce's ship and their are OP pirates everywhere and I need to get back to the main ship so i can buuuuuuuuy some damn herbs! :C HELP!!
Pirate Ship? Damn, that's more popular in JRPGs than I thought =D
Hmm... Eternal Sonata, I always wanted to try it but the PS3 version simply doesn't exist in my country or on EU PSN =/

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 2nd, 2014, 08:05 PM
Airhead
Drop dead gorgeous

Eternal Sonata is such a magical game, it transports you into another world with fast-paced action, unforgettable characters and a head full of mystical lands! ^^

Honestly, it can get pretty hard tho. And some of the puzzling landscapes you have to get passed take up a lot of your time but it's pretty awesome! :D

Right now i'm stuck on a pirate ship run by OP pirates which must have anxiety issues, since they keep rocking back and forth. xD

Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:08 PM
Starfury
dear, only you don't know.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Luckily you quit, so now it should be easier to get back to the Captian's ship. You should let me help you out, I'm better at fighting those anxious pirates. xD

So, speaking of RPGs, I hear Xenoblade Chronicles is a game somewhat similar to ES, no? Has anyone played this game? I'd like to see everyone's opinion on it, because being the RPG fan that I am, I was thinking of giving it a go. :D

VMFAMILYPAIRCREDITPM
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:26 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
The reason for the DS VC's is that the WiiU is selling very poorly, and Nintendo wants to try to add something to generate sales.

It's hard for the WiiU's sale number to falter though - They were terriable already so it's kind of hard for them to get even worse. Dec's numbers had it selling 5.86 million units. At the same time, the PS4 sold 4.2 million and the XB1 (Jam 6) 3 million. The WiiU was released a year before either of them, and in a little more then a month the PS4 almost outsold it. So no, it's not the PS4/XB1 making the WiiU's sales falter - It just didn't sell good.
Nintendo making DS titles available on the Wii U VC is a sign they're desperate and don't know what to do. I mean, you have the 3DS for that...

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old February 5th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Bruce Banner
hi
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
Nintendo making DS titles available on the Wii U VC is a sign they're desperate and don't know what to do. I mean, you have the 3DS for that...
Agreed. Although Nintendo is still doing well on the Nintendo 3DS it is obvious to see that they are hurting on the console side. The Nintendo DS was probably Nintendo's best selling game platform period. Adding Nintendo DS games to the Wii U will boost sales a lot, but still probably won't be enough to get them out of the hole.
Old February 5th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

I doubt that it'd help Wii U sales a lot. If people really wanted to play DS games, they'd play it on their DS or 3DS. Having digital DS games available is nice, but it's hardly a good enough incentive to buy a Wii U.
Old February 5th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I think it'd be pretty sweet if they could make a mini version of Wii U, where you could play just play games and nothing else... y'know, sort of like Wii mini. It'd cost less; a lot more people would be able to purchase it.
Old February 5th, 2014, 01:21 AM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

As much as I'd like Nintendo to drop the social integration stuff, it's not going to ever go away. That's just the current state of the video game industry unfortunately.

The most they'll do with a Wii U Mini is the same thing they did with the Wii; axe the backwards compatibility to save a few bucks. It's really not worth it at all.
Old February 5th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
Many people said the same thing with the 2DS despite the 3DS's option to turn off the 3D, and look how well that's selling.

I blame people's lack of confidence in Nintendo for being spoiled by the AAA titles from the western media, even though the AAA market is currently unhealthy at the moment.
Old February 5th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

No, No, the 2DS was shunned by idiots because it simply did not fit their age group demographic/really short sighted. DS on Wii U though is much like the rest of the VC, in which it makes ABSOLUTELY NO GOD DAMN SENSE.
Old February 5th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Bruce Banner
hi
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora View Post
I think it'd be pretty sweet if they could make a mini version of Wii U, where you could play just play games and nothing else... y'know, sort of like Wii mini. It'd cost less; a lot more people would be able to purchase it.
They did that with the Nintendo Wii. I thin kit would be more of a hassle than anything if they decided to incorporate that right now.
Old February 5th, 2014, 09:49 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

The 2DS is actually a pretty brilliant iteration, I've found. The only awkwardness is that the triggers are all the way at the top while the Start, Select, and Power buttons are on the bottom right side of the system, as well as the sleep switch being on the very bottom right itself. Every other button is on the top half of the system. It fights into your hands quite well and there's very little fumbling with the top half of a clamshell since it's in a tablet form-factor.

Nintendo makes no sense with its VC decisions, other than creating it as a thing in the first place.

Sponsored Links