The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Daruda
Grinder

Well, I've found the game to be really laggy, so much that the script hanged and when I restarted the game I found myself freezed in the second gym.
Too bad, it's the second time that this happens, I won't restart it.
Old February 5th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Slaying Moon

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daruda View Post
Well, I've found the game to be really laggy, so much that the script hanged and when I restarted the game I found myself freezed in the second gym.
Too bad, it's the second time that this happens, I won't restart it.
If you haven't already, I suggest removing the files for the animated sprites from the Battlers folder under Graphics. Don't delete the whole folder, just the files with the extension .gif, if that doesn't work, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

Currently breeding: Custom starters (PM me if interested).
Old February 5th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Daruda
Grinder

The folder is alright.
I was just starting a battle with a trainer and then the script hanged and when I restarted the game I can't do anything, I'm fixed with that trainer in front of me and I can't even move or use the menu.
If I could somehow have my pokemons, even if not at the same point of the story, would be awesome.
Old February 8th, 2014, 11:50 AM
FangOfDrknss

Nature: Rash
Haven't gotten that far into the game, but would it be possible to have EV items available early on? Would make things easier.
Old February 11th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Slaying Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangOfDrknss View Post
Haven't gotten that far into the game, but would it be possible to have EV items available early on? Would make things easier.
That's the whole point of the game though, to make things challenging.

Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:11 PM
FangOfDrknss

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaying Moon View Post
That's the whole point of the game though, to make things challenging.
Nah, no EV items would just be prolonging things, considering most Pokemon are EV maxed around level 20. Plus, this game does use competitive battling tactics, so having the proper equipment would suffice.
Old March 10th, 2014, 04:26 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

HI! It's been a while. And guess what?

The first post has been updated with Episode 11's Release

A lot has changed!
If you're coming from a fresh Episode 10, this update features 6th Gen Pokemon, Fairies, New Protagonists, Field Effects, and a whole ton more! Check below for a full list of changes as listed in the Readme, but take care to note the important things (such as a note about updating, and controls) as listed on the game download page. Link is below the changelog

Notable Changes:
Spoiler:

* The city music is currently in the process of being re-done (8/9)...
* Field Effects have been added to the game! Field effects are location-specific and can change the flow or power of battles in various ways. More on this below!
* The following abilities have been 'fixed', added, altered for sixth gen, or technically improved in some way:
Stance Change Protean Mega Launcher Pixilate Refrigerate
Aerilate Synchronize Moxie Magic Guard Mold Breaker
Competitive Gooey Magician Grass Pelt Fur Coat
* The following moves have been 'fixed', added, altered for sixth gen, or technically improved in some way:
Sucker Punch Sleep Powder Poison Powder Stun Spore Spore
Freeze Dry Flying Press Trick Room King's Shield Cotton Spore
* IV and EV Values can now be viewed by pressing the Z key in the Pokemon stat Summary screen.
* You can now press D to Quick-Save.
* Many new animations exist, however many animations are currently displaying in strange places.
* Accordingly, the IV and EV judges in the Lapis Ward have perished in a terrible accident involving liquid nitrogen, a banana, and one or more unfortunately-placed rubber duckletts.
* The game's text speed has been given illegal amounts of performance-enhancing steroids.
This may have adverse affects. Weak computers should save often until it's confirmed to be stable.
* Sleep now lasts a maximum of 3 turns (Gen 5/6 mech) -- formerly was 6 turns (Gen 3 mech)
* Status moves once again properly hit targets when attacks would otherwise be ineffective (i.e Confuse Ray against a Normal type)
This reverts a previous change which attempted to fix the interaction of status moves with Lightning Rod and other absorption abilities. As a result, that error has returned.
* The trainer card has (finally) been updated to make room for all 18 badges. Accordingly, full size badges are now being used.
Season 1 leaders' badges have been retired in favour of their season 2 counterparts' designs. The given names of the badges have not changed.
* A pass has been made at fixing the random Apophyll Beach crash. Did it work? We'll find out...
* The Ability Capsule and Assault Vest (partial) have been implemented.
* Julia's Gym has been redecorated, including a new Electric Arena. Her team has been adjusted to compensate.
* Radomus now has a new team, fights in doubles, and awards the Trick Room TM (previously Calm Mind).
* Rivals now only use potions available to the player at that time.
* Battles that can or must be lost no longer cause the player to lose money
* The Lower Peridot Ward has been adjusted to reduce lag. When updating, make sure you are not saved outside in that ward.
This has the side effect of resetting some trainers in the Ward. Bear with it, sorry.
#-------------------------------- 10.5 changes --------------------------------#
* Some shiny Pokemon have been recoloured- this will be an ongoing process
Vulpix Growlithe Arcanine Vibrava Flygon Eevee
Vaporeon Jolteon Flareon Espeon Umbreon Leafeon
Glaceon Zubat Golbat Crobat Ghastly Haunter
Gengar Elekid Electabuzz Electivire
All 6th gen Pokemon
* Back sprites have been updated to a Gen 5 style and unified. However, non-6th-gen shiny back sprites have not been updated.
* The following abilities have been 'fixed', added, altered for sixth gen, or technically improved in some way:
Drizzle Snow Warning Drought Sand Stream Static
Water Absorb Oblivious Color Change Flash Fire Shield Dust
Suction Cups Sticky Hold Shadow Tag Arena Trap Effect Spore
Synchronize Magic Bounce Lightningrod Keen Eye Pickup
Magnet Pull Cute Charm Pressure Hustle Vital Spirit
Unburden Sheer Force Stall Contrary Defiant
Friend Guard Imposter Tinted Lens Tough Claws Volt Absorb
* The following moves have been 'fixed', added, altered for sixth gen, or technically improved in some way:
Fling Pursuit Transform Simple Beam
* In battles, the cursor will now always default to the FIGHT command after a move.
* The double battle item-use glitch has been fixed. >:c
* All DW abilities should now spawn properly on all pokemon including Trainers', Wild, Event and Eggs
* Mega Evolution has been added (although not yet implemented in-game)
* Many new animations have been added (however some of them display in the wrong place)
* A 'Large' screen size option has been added (however it seems to cause some issues, moving from Large mode into Full Screen mode)
* 6th gen Pokemon now exist~~~
* 6th gen starters have been added to the beginning of the game
* Soft-resetting for starters has been made easier
* TMs have been updated to Gen 6 and existing TMs have been reset (can be found again)
* Electric Types can no longer be paralyzed
* Ghost types can no longer be trapped
* Appropriate pokemon have received Gen 6 stat buffs
* FAIRIES!!!!!
* Steel type resistances have been updated
* Abilities, moves, types and stats of old Pokemon have been updated. However, Egg moves have not.
* A flower shop has been added to the Lapis Ward
* Several Pokesnax vendors have been added throughout the city. Many event Pokemon are now newly based around these (some other events have been changed too).
* Trainers and story battles have been updated to include Gen 6 Pokemon
* Florinia and Aya have had their overall power reduced. Aya has been given a new Ace. Serra now has a new team entirely and will fight in singles. Other leaders have changed slightly
* Several TMs can now be won as Arcade prizes
* Two new potential protagonists have been added to the game. Existing players may switch over to the new protagonists in the Grand Hall (top left). The option to switch will exist only until the E12 release.
* Teleport (and Fly) can no longer be used while riding a Tauros.
* HP bars now animate faster at higher levels.

As I mentioned in the massive changelog, we're also adding Field Effects to Reborn. What are those? This page has all the answers!

Our download page is right here!
Old March 11th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Lost Lore
From the Shadows

Nature: Sassy
Holy crap Luna was hard.

...Oh wait, this is Sparta Reborn.

On the plus side of things, 7th Street is awesome. Pure awesome. And I love the field effects, although they haven't been very helpful on my end as of yet...

Also, Iolia Valley is beautiful. Breathtakingly so. I really liked that crystal puzzle (minus the necessity for Rock Smash), will there maybe be anything like that in the future?

The other puzzle (I won't specify which because that's a spoiler, but) however... Pokemon Ranger war flashbacks ensued. There was much rage had. But stubborn Espy is stubborn and pressed onwards.

And obligatory team used to beat Luna, I guess:
Spiggy/Emboar (Lv. 63) @Quick Claw - Heat Crash, Hammer Arm, Flare Blitz, Head Smash
Sir Vale/Gardevoir (Lv. 60) @Brightpowder - Psychic, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Moonblast
Ruri/Azumarill (Lv. 60) @Mystic Water - Aqua Tail, Bounce, Superpower, Play Rough
Bayou/Swampert (Lv. 62) @Leftovers - Waterfall, Earthquake, Protect, Ice Beam
Fern/Roserade (Lv. 62) @Big Root - Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, Extrasensory, Leaf Storm
Blair/Skuntank (Lv. 62) @Black Sludge - Night Slash, Flamethrower, Rock Smash, Explosion

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)
~*~*~

~*~*~
Icon credits.
Old March 11th, 2014, 09:27 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Field Effects might end up to be more useful once they're in more casual places. That'll come with time since the few we have now are a sort of 'test drive'.

Glad you liked the crystal puzzle! When you mean, will there be more like it, in what sense exactly do you mean? Using that theme, those items, the blacklight caves, or--?
Old March 11th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Slaying Moon

Ame-chan, I have a question about the new episode. Why can't I get off of the Tauros anymore?

Old March 12th, 2014, 12:04 AM
abdi987

A buton is the new button to get of the Tauros
Old March 12th, 2014, 12:07 AM
abdi987

Oh yeah i will absolutely love if there was a fire field (fire s my absolute favorite type)
Old March 12th, 2014, 03:10 AM
Slaying Moon

Oh my Helix/Arceus, Luna's team was tough! I ended up going back and buying more Rare Candies and leveling up Blaziken far past the point where it stopped obeying me, then using some Common Candies to get it back to normal after the battle. I also gave Noctowl and Gloom (still looking for a Leaf or Sun Stone for it to evolve) new nicknames, taught Gardevoir a new move via the Move Reminder/Tutor, and fought against the former Aqua Leader again (that was a tough battle too).
My current team is:

RyujinJaka/Blaziken (F, Lv.65) @Quick Claw (Sky Uppercut, Brave Bird, Slash, Flare Blitz)
Nejibana/Gyarados (F, Lv.65) @Red Card (Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Strength, Rock Smash)
Gonryomaru/Emolga (F, Lv.65) (Discharge, Acrobatics, Electro Ball, Agility)
Kageyoshi/Gloom (F, Lv.65) @Miracle Seed (Petal Dance, Cut, Acid, Stun Spore)
Minazuki/Gardevoir (F, Lv.65) @Scope Lens (Moonblast, Psychic, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball)
Tachikaze/Noctowl (F, Lv.65, shiny) @Silk Scarf (Shadow Ball, Air Slash, Uproar, Extrasensory)

Last edited by Slaying Moon; March 12th, 2014 at 05:11 AM.
Old March 12th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Lost Lore
From the Shadows

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
Glad you liked the crystal puzzle! When you mean, will there be more like it, in what sense exactly do you mean? Using that theme, those items, the blacklight caves, or--?
I meant using those items, although I liked the blacklight caves quite a bit too. Took a while to figure out where to go once I'd solved pretty much all of the puzzle, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdi987 View Post
Oh yeah i will absolutely love if there was a fire field (fire s my absolute favorite type)
You have no idea how overjoyed I was to see the Pitch Black (was that what it was called, I think?) field, since Dark is mine. I didn't get much use out of it myself, but... maybe in a future mono-type?

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)
~*~*~

~*~*~
Icon credits.
Old March 13th, 2014, 05:42 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdi987 View Post
Oh, there will be, don't worry~ Waiting on a bit of tech to get that going though, since one way to get a Burning Field will be to set fire to the Grassy Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Lore View Post
I meant using those items, although I liked the blacklight caves quite a bit too. Took a while to figure out where to go once I'd solved pretty much all of the puzzle, though.

You have no idea how overjoyed I was to see the Pitch Black (was that what it was called, I think?) field, since Dark is mine. I didn't get much use out of it myself, but... maybe in a future mono-type?
With the items-- I wasn't planning on it but I do recognize there's not a whole lot of reason not to include some things here or there. It won't be nearly as in-depth as in the valley though. So, just maybe. We'll see.

As for the field, increasing Dark/Ghost moves against a Dark leader is not quite so helpful. But there are a few moves that it powers up that could potentially decimate Luna, should one choose to abuse them... Bennett certainly did.

One of my goals for E12 is to make the existing field effects more readable with their bonuses and such, so hopefully that'll become more clear.
Old March 13th, 2014, 09:34 AM
abdi987

Cool i have been wondering
What inspired you to make the server and this game
Old March 13th, 2014, 09:36 AM
abdi987

oh yeah to make florinia harder give her the grass field that will make people scream
Old March 14th, 2014, 09:56 AM
abdi987

Hey i have an idea The Royal field
1.5 x for all dragon type moves
Dragon dance gets its boost to 2x
Fairy type moves do 0.5x damage
Moonlights healing = 25%
Draco meteor does not make the user lose special attack instead the target loses speciall attack
Old March 16th, 2014, 04:31 AM
chuakiller

Hihi sorry i stopped playing for awhile and now im totally lost. What do i do at the start of episode 11?
Old March 16th, 2014, 06:18 AM
mydrago
Gen IV Hacker/SS Fan

Nature: Timid
Very great game
Great graphics/Sprites/Tiles Etc
This game is really amazing
AmethystRain You do amazing work for your Essential game
Love This game
Can't wait for more Updates

Old March 16th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Dedenne1
"You know, I find you intriguing. I could learn something from you."

Nature: Brave
Wanted to say I love your game!
What inspired you to make this?cause it's awesome!
I'm still on episode 9 I'll update eventually when I'm indoors but I've been stuck on the ghost gym leaders gym for a while I just can't get past it but that's the point it's supposed to be challenging!
Old March 17th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Slaying Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuakiller View Post
Hihi sorry i stopped playing for awhile and now im totally lost. What do i do at the start of episode 11?
Go back to the place where you fought Radomus.

Old March 19th, 2014, 10:25 PM
hanabluebird

I love this game, so much, though with the new control changes, is there any way to for someone to change them BACK to c - confirm/talk x - cancel, etc? I've been playing reborn for quite a long time so the new controls are to put simply are seriously messing with me.
Old March 24th, 2014, 01:01 PM
cianomahony

My screen has gone black... I can hear the sound, open all the menus and see grass move but nothing else.... Any solutions?
Attached Thumbnails
Reb prob.png‎  
Old March 25th, 2014, 05:46 PM
rickyt713

Nature: Jolly
anyone else having trouble downloading, everytime i try the link i get to a page that gives me a 403 error, it happens when i try to check the current pokemon in the version too, its saying im forbidden to access the page

Sponsored Links