Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Reload this Page Shipping Discussions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old January 19th, 2014 (06:34 PM). Edited January 19th, 2014 by Aquacorde.
♥ maraala ♥
Team Unova

Nature: Bold
Nahhh, more DiodeShipping. Hecka less one-sided than Amour, js ;3

but i mean if you want some amour...
Dwebble - #184
pairs - ama - gravity falls fc - minecraft
Old January 19th, 2014 (11:56 PM). Edited January 20th, 2014 by Famon.
Team Unova

Quote originally posted by Anna:

Honestly if You ask for my own opinion then I really don't support Yaoi !!!
But thats my opinion .
As for Clemont , I think a Hex Maniac would be good match for him .
Just think , ''Believer of Science Clemont'' and ''Believer of occult Hex maniac'' clashing against each other in a bitter argument to prove each other point .
She odesn't need to be ugly ! She could be one of those girl who looks insane but revert to cute girl when they have normal expression .
like Kuroki Tomoko from Watamote !!!

Quote originally posted by Master Trainer Empoleon:
This thread definitely needs more Amourshipping. Just saiyan.
No , We need more rival shipping !!!
We need a female rival who's complete opposite of Ash as a heroin .

Old January 20th, 2014 (12:48 AM).
Memento Mori
Team Hoenn
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm

Dat ass, she thought xD

That's dedication, or... something else? =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 22nd, 2014 (01:00 PM).
Team Unova

I found this in PixTv
Spoiler:

http://i1.pixiv.net/img121/img/bansoko-mayaka/41115835_p46.jpg

It seem serena trick Ash in believing in Tooth fairy in order to steal his tooth .

Old January 22nd, 2014 (02:07 PM).
♥ maraala ♥
Team Unova

You seem to be having trouble with links tbh. Might want to start checking them before posting. :x

So, so, guys! This is a good place to ask! What are some good shippy episodes (any ship) from before XY?
Dwebble - #184
Old January 24th, 2014 (07:49 AM). Edited January 24th, 2014 by Famon.
Team Unova

The main problem with Amourshipping is that Serena's too sweet , Normal and she's a nobody !
The only thing she has it that she's cute but there no point of her being cute if nobody in Anime acknowledge that she's cute .
Like how Giselle was acknowledge as a very beautiful girl by both Ash & Brock .
Truth to be told , I WISH THE ANIME HAS ANOTHER ''GISELLE'' AS A REFERRING RIVAL INSTATE OF ANOTHER GIGAR-MAN !!1
Honestly , It would be cool if Ash met a proud female rival with androphobia who's so beautiful that all the Boys fawn over her accept Ash .
Ash manage to earn her friend after a lot hardship even though she still act like a Jerk due to her shyness .
I think we already seen enough people with Pokephobia So a character with real phobia would be something new .
Serena's fine but her personality & relationship with Ash is too Normal . Serena is like a Shoujo heroin who crushing on a guy But Pokemon is not a Shoujo .
Pokemon may be a Kids Shouene but not Shoujo.
Plus , Shoujo heroin like Serena usually get over her crush and fall a guy tease her and bring out her Sassy Side.
Off course , it would cool if Serena's sweet attitude reveal to be an act in a sudden episode when in reality she's actually really hot-temper & Sassy girl like ''Y'' (Adventure) but decided to act sweet because Ash might not like her real personality.

Old January 24th, 2014 (06:49 PM).
Team Kanto

Episode 22 is named "A race back to childhood". Sounds promising.

Quote originally posted by Famon:

The main problem with Amourshipping is that Serena's too sweet , Normal and she's a nobody !
The only thing she has it that she's cute but there no point of her being cute if nobody in Anime acknowledge that she's cute .
Like how Giselle was acknowledge as a very beautiful girl by both Ash & Brock .
Truth to be told , I WISH THE ANIME HAS ANOTHER ''GISELLE'' AS A REFERRING RIVAL INSTATE OF ANOTHER GIGAR-MAN !!1
Honestly , It would be cool if Ash met a proud female rival with androphobia who's so beautiful that all the Boys fawn over her accept Ash .
Ash manage to earn her friend after a lot hardship even though she still act like a Jerk due to her shyness .
I think we already seen enough people with Pokephobia So a character with real phobia would be something new .
Serena's fine but her personality & relationship with Ash is too Normal . Serena is like a Shoujo heroin who crushing on a guy But Pokemon is not a Shoujo .
Pokemon may be a Kids Shouene but not Shoujo.
Plus , Shoujo heroin like Serena usually get over her crush and fall a guy tease her and bring out her Sassy Side.
Off course , it would cool if Serena's sweet attitude reveal to be an act in a sudden episode when in reality she's actually really hot-temper & Sassy girl like ''Y'' (Adventure) but decided to act sweet because Ash might not like her real personality.
I'd rather not see amother Misty or *shudders* Iris clone.

Old January 24th, 2014 (07:18 PM).
♥ maraala ♥
Team Unova

I honestly think Ash would go best with someone who a) respects him and his abilities/accomplishments and b) is not afraid to call him out when he's being a moron/doing something against their views but c) does not constantly put him down or act as if they are better than he is.
Dwebble - #184
Old January 28th, 2014 (07:33 PM). Edited January 29th, 2014 by ZeroX5.
Team Kanto

Nature: Modest
I honestly think Ash would go best with someone who a) respects him and his abilities/accomplishments and b) is not afraid to call him out when he's being a moron/doing something against their views but c) does not constantly put him down or act as if they are better than he is.
Heh, so is that your way of saying that May and Bonnie would be the best for Ash? Moreso than Misty, and Iris? Or Even Serena, since she so far, has done nothing but crush on him? XD
Old January 29th, 2014 (05:56 PM).
♥ maraala ♥
Team Unova

Nahh, that's just the kind of relationship I'd like him to have. Misty would work, especially since she mellowed out in Johto. I can't do AdvanceShipping because Contest is around. Bonnie's a little sister. Iris would be good if she stopped. Bashing. Him. I like their relationship beyond her constant verbal abuse and lack of actual development. I mean I could go with Pearl if they weren't almost constantly sickeningly happy BFFs. And I don't care about Amour at all because they don't really have a solid friendship yet. But really I don't have any serious Ash ship. Diode is the cutest mutual adoration ship ever and CaféMocha is a one-sided crush on Cilan's part and those are my OTPs but. Yeah. It's nothing I'd get into a ship war over. except for the time i did but let's ignore that
Dwebble - #184
Old February 2nd, 2014 (01:48 PM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Team Unova
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
So I only posted in this thread once, and while I don't really ship anybody in the Pokemon anime, I just had to chime in because Anna mentioned AG, and I'm really digging ContestShipping -- funny how I didn't even had to google those names even though I'm a newbie when it comes to this stuff, hehe. Thing is, I'm kinda marathoning AG right now, and I'm already liking Drew a lot and I'm really into the exchanges him and May have. I'm trying to steer away from spoilers, but I've heard that there are some strong canon hints too. It actually wouldn't surprise me, seeing how the series seems lot more open to romance than in the previous seasons, and May and Drew don't look clueless about it either.
Old February 3rd, 2014 (12:11 AM).
Team Unova

This is what will make amourshipping interesting -
Serena's current personality is an act ! She acting as a nice kind gentle girly girl to get close to Ash ! Her personality from the 1st episode was her real personality and she's actually a hot-temper Tom-boyish Sassy girl with Dominatrix personality . Her true personality finally reveal when Shauna appeared . However When Ash said he doesn't mind the real her , Serena start to show her true personality .
She also reveal that she never was excited about Clemont's invention , Instate she always doubted it.
She start bickering with Clemont & all other character expect Bonnie.
She will also be capable of physically abusing other like Misty & Jessie which make Bonnie admire her .
She will often hit Shauna & James.
Like Shinka Nibutani (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai!)

Just like I said , Serena's too normal ! Pokemon is an Anime So People need her to be more then Normal .

Old February 4th, 2014 (12:43 AM).
Memento Mori
Team Hoenn
Gold Tier

This is what will make amourshipping interesting -
Serena's current personality is an act ! She acting as a nice kind gentle girly girl to get close to Ash ! Her personality from the 1st episode was her real personality and she's actually a hot-temper Tom-boyish Sassy girl with Dominatrix personality . Her true personality finally reveal when Shauna appeared . However When Ash said he doesn't mind the real her , Serena start to show her true personality .
She also reveal that she never was excited about Clemont's invention , Instate she always doubted it.
She start bickering with Clemont & all other character expect Bonnie.
She will also be capable of physically abusing other like Misty & Jessie which make Bonnie admire her .
She will often hit Shauna & James.
Like Shinka Nibutani (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai!)

Just like I said , Serena's too normal ! Pokemon is an Anime So People need her to be more then Normal .
Cool, that's about 20th character Serena should transform into...
It really looks like you just randomly choose character from random anime you see and immediately want Serena to be like that one...
At least choose only one, man...

Oh and by the way... Shinka wouldn't be Shinka without Deko. So unless Eureka transformed into Deko, Serenka wouldn't have the same personality as Shinka.

Old February 5th, 2014 (08:13 AM). Edited February 5th, 2014 by Famon.
Team Unova

I'm more interest in hypothetical Ash X Korrina now .
People didn't bother with Premare and Korrina seem to be same-height as Misty .

Ash , Serena or Clemont battle some princess in XY018 !
I actually want to see the princess developing feeling for Ash and start her own Pokemon Journey to meet him while developing a rivalry with Serena .
I also love to see them fight like Iris & Gerogia But willing to work together if a third girl appear .
Quote originally posted by Satoshi Ookami:
Cool, that's about 20th character Serena should transform into...
It really looks like you just randomly choose character from random anime you see and immediately want Serena to be like that one...
At least choose only one, man...

Oh and by the way... Shinka wouldn't be Shinka without Deko. So unless Eureka transformed into Deko, Serenka wouldn't have the same personality as Shinka.
I simply just think of the most natural way to bring back Serena's Sassy side now that she turn into gentle boring girly type .
Nibutani simple a character who background is close to what I want .
A girl who appear to be really sweet until her real personality emerge.
Plus , This way is more is easier for me to explain .
Example : Rival .
I find Friendly rival boring but jerkish rival hardly has any relationship with the cast .
I want a rival who's not a jerk but sarcastically taunt Ash all the time .
But again , Berry & Morrison taunt Ash but I'm not talking about them . So how can I explain it ? I cant explain it in Bangle so forget about English .
So I simply do this-http://shokugekinosoma.wikia.com/wiki/Hayama_Akira
Considering Your knowledge in Anime & manga, You probably know this manga and this character .
So , now You realize what the difference between rival I want & Berry.
I'm just using them as reference
Plus , Too much ''Love'' make the group Chemistry Boring .
The show really need a Punchline character for Humor ! Kento series had Misty , Sgt frog has Natsumi , Shugo chara has Amu , Yakitate Japan has Kyousuke , Pokemon DPA has Mitsumi .
Ether Serena Or Clemont has to play the role unless Writer create a talking lucario to play the punchline character .
FYI : Iris sucks because her only Punchline ''Your such a Kid'' !

Old February 5th, 2014 (12:22 PM).
Memento Mori
Team Hoenn
Gold Tier

I'm more interest in hypothetical Ash X Korrina now .
People didn't bother with Premare and Korrina seem to be same-height as Misty .

Ash , Serena or Clemont battle some princess in XY018 !
I actually want to see the princess developing feeling for Ash and start her own Pokemon Journey to meet him while developing a rivalry with Serena .
I also love to see them fight like Iris & Gerogia But willing to work together if a third girl appear .

I simply just think of the most natural way to bring back Serena's Sassy side now that she turn into gentle boring girly type .
Nibutani simple a character who background is close to what I want .
A girl who appear to be really sweet until her real personality emerge.
Plus , This way is more is easier for me to explain .
Example : Rival .
I find Friendly rival boring but jerkish rival hardly has any relationship with the cast .
I want a rival who's not a jerk but sarcastically taunt Ash all the time .
But again , Berry & Morrison taunt Ash but I'm not talking about them . So how can I explain it ? I cant explain it in Bangle so forget about English .
So I simply do this-http://shokugekinosoma.wikia.com/wiki/Hayama_Akira
Considering Your knowledge in Anime & manga, You probably know this manga and this character .
So , now You realize what the difference between rival I want & Berry.
I'm just using them as reference
Plus , Too much ''Love'' make the group Chemistry Boring .
The show really need a Punchline character for Humor ! Kento series had Misty , Sgt frog has Natsumi , Shugo chara has Amu , Yakitate Japan has Kyousuke , Pokemon DPA has Mitsumi .
Ether Serena Or Clemont has to play the role unless Writer create a talking lucario to play the punchline character .
FYI : Iris sucks because her only Punchline ''Your such a Kid'' !
The point still stays, though =)
I understand your points but you also need to consider the supportive characters from anime you mention.
Unless it's a series about dominant protagonist who is the only main character of it, you always need to consider the other main chars as they also shape the protagonist.

Old February 5th, 2014 (10:55 PM).
Team Unova

There's an anime episode that is proof of PokéShipping, but I can't remember for the life of me which one it is. The scene I remember is somewhat specific:

Brock and Misty are talking about romance and such because Brock got rejected again and is depressed and all that. Misty says something along the lines of "Well, X likes Y because of this". Brock looks up and asks "How do you know?" and Misty goes all nervous and says (unconvincingly) "Uh, somebody told me, that's why". I'm fairly positive that this episode is in Master Quest, but after spending a while on Bulbapedia I'm starting to think that I might have imagined it (although my brother seems to remember it too).

I also seem to remember this scene happened on a boat, or a place with a railing.
Old February 5th, 2014 (11:23 PM).
♥ maraala ♥
Team Unova

Sounds like you're thinking of "The Hearbreak of Brock!" totally just scrolled through Bulba's PokéShipping hints list haha. Gotta know where to look for this stuff~
Dwebble - #184
Old February 6th, 2014 (04:03 PM).
Team Kanto

Amourshipping Valentine's day poster for the win!!

Old February 6th, 2014 (04:06 PM).
♥ maraala ♥
Team Unova

Man, they're really going for it. But tbh I haven't seen many things in the anime that could be considered "hints" toward a potential relationship beyond Serena's fascination that comes up once every few episodes. She needs more personal interaction with Ash tbh.
Dwebble - #184
Old February 6th, 2014 (04:54 PM).
Team Kanto

Man, they're really going for it. But tbh I haven't seen many things in the anime that could be considered "hints" toward a potential relationship beyond Serena's fascination that comes up once every few episodes. She needs more personal interaction with Ash tbh.
Don't you know? They need to cram the notion that Serena likes Ash down our throats, because it certainly wasn't already obvious enough. It's amusing the the poster can be seen as promoting them as a couple, when Ash has no interest in Serena whatsoever, at least in that way. The "romance" promotion for this pairing is starting to get a bit...silly.
Old February 6th, 2014 (04:59 PM).
♥ maraala ♥
Team Unova

I wonder if they're trying to resurrect shipping? Like, it was a big part of the fandom for a long time and then kind of... dropped off. But they're going about it the wrong way imo. I personally tend to reject what's shoved in my face. lol
Dwebble - #184
Old February 6th, 2014 (05:13 PM).
Team Kanto

I wonder if they're trying to resurrect shipping? Like, it was a big part of the fandom for a long time and then kind of... dropped off. But they're going about it the wrong way imo. I personally tend to reject what's shoved in my face. lol
Tbh, a part of me had a feeling that they were gonna force the idea of Serena x Ash down our throat the moment I heard about her knowing him in the past. Even though, they're not "childhood friends" per say, alot of times in anime/JRPG's childhood friends/acquaintances have romantic undertones. Whether it be one party like another, while the other remains oblivious or both having feelings for each other.

But at the same time, being Pokemon...I didn't really expect promotion, or the episodes in general to lay on the one-sidedness so thick (but hey Pokemon took alot of routes I didn't particularly like, especially during BW). Really, it's making me wonder if it'll actually lead to some development for one or both of them or will it just be treated as something to giggle about.
Old February 7th, 2014 (10:09 PM).
Team Kanto

I liked Contestshipping, but honestly, the ship has been dead in the water for years now. While the fanbase is still going strong on tumblr, most of the fans from the AG era either moved on or forgot about it.

it still surprises me to this day that May never got any specials in Johto with Drew/Harley. You would think with how tremendously popular the characters were they would have gotten at least 1-2 specials, but it never happened. I don't expect anything now since its far too late, but she should have gotten specials during the DP era...perhaps right before her Wallace Cup cameo.

It's a shame because it was the only close-to-canon ship the anime had, but its practically unknown now due to younger viewers and older fans drifting out of the series.
Old February 7th, 2014 (10:38 PM).
Team Kanto

Y'know Anna, people go their hands on the magazine that had that Ash/Serena poster in it. And you wouldn't believe...

THERE IS ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP CHART THAT SAYS SERENA IS VERY INTERESTED IN ASH. WHO WOULDA GUESSED?!

In addition the actual poster itself (or a smaller version of it in same said magazine the larger pin-up poster came in) has character bios on it for Ash and Serena. And in it it says she has "Strong special feelings for him."

I would post it, but at this point it be posting more of what we know already ad nauseum. smh
Old February 7th, 2014 (10:42 PM).
♥ maraala ♥
Team Unova

@precita I'm still hoping for AG cast cameos if WHEN RSEmakes come out. :P Maybe the writers will bring that whole travelling group in? Max would be left out though and that would be sad, but hey. Coordinators!

@Zero IM SO ANNOYED. I WOULD HAVE TOTALLY ACCEPTED THIS SHIP AND ADORED IT IF IT WASN'T IN MY FACE UGH
Dwebble - #184
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links