Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old February 4th, 2014 (10:50 AM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
I mean will any npc know that i became the champion and tell it his/her dialogue that im the champion

I just find it weird how you beat a league and become the champion and nobody knows your the champ

And it would be fun if after beating league instead of fighting all elite four and champion again and have them act the same as if you didnt beat the league already make it like your the champ and other trainers challenge you xD
Just a crazy suggestion :D
Old February 4th, 2014 (11:06 AM).
Goofball

Location: In my house, In my state, in my country, on my continent, on my planet
Nature: Calm
Played up to 3rd Gym so far. Loved the events that happened on the ship, great work.

There's a tiny overlay error with a tile in Cerulean Gym, specifically the tile above Jim Gai, the water goes over Red's hat. Just a tiny thing but I thought I'd point that out.

Will trainers be rematchable? Or just Gym Leaders and the Elite Four?
Old February 5th, 2014 (08:19 AM).
Kickin' it Retirement Style

Nature: Docile
Send a message via AIM to Iceman3k
Quote originally posted by ElitePokes:
I mean will any npc know that i became the champion and tell it his/her dialogue that im the champion

I just find it weird how you beat a league and become the champion and nobody knows your the champ

And it would be fun if after beating league instead of fighting all elite four and champion again and have them act the same as if you didnt beat the league already make it like your the champ and other trainers challenge you xD
Just a crazy suggestion :D
It wasn't like that, even in other games. Also, not being able to rematch the E4 basically removes any replay value of the game afterwards.
I'm officially retired from all competitive play due to my busy schedule. But I'm never going to lose the love that I have for the Pokemon game in general. I now spend my free time playing GBA Pokemon Hacks just for the enjoyment of it.
Old February 5th, 2014 (08:23 AM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Well atleast add a new dialogue for elite four and champion at the second time when you go to the pokemon league xD
Old February 5th, 2014 (10:36 AM).

this game looks very awesome but i would like the game even more it if you could add animated sprites like the ones from Pokemon Emerald
Old February 5th, 2014 (10:45 AM).
Kickin' it Retirement Style

Nature: Docile
Send a message via AIM to Iceman3k
Quote originally posted by yousef341:
this game looks very awesome but i would like the game even more it if you could add animated sprites like the ones from Pokemon Emerald
Um... that's ONLY if he were to use Emerald as a base...
I'm officially retired from all competitive play due to my busy schedule. But I'm never going to lose the love that I have for the Pokemon game in general. I now spend my free time playing GBA Pokemon Hacks just for the enjoyment of it.
Old February 5th, 2014 (07:32 PM).
Ammako the Crazy Cat Lady
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Iceman3k:
Um... that's ONLY if he were to use Emerald as a base...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=223078

Yeah, it'd be nifty, but it really isn't an important feature. Maybe have it added in if CR (or someone else related to the project) feels like it after the final version is out, but I don't really think it's worth bothering at the moment.
Old February 6th, 2014 (12:05 AM). Edited February 6th, 2014 by Chaos Rush.
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Pingouin7:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=223078

Yeah, it'd be nifty, but it really isn't an important feature. Maybe have it added in if CR (or someone else related to the project) feels like it after the final version is out, but I don't really think it's worth bothering at the moment.
The only people actively involved with DarkViolet is me and MrDollSteak (same with the 64x64 sprite project), and I can say that I have no plans to implement this feature. That method in the link you posted isn't even true Emerald-style animation, it's just two frames going back and forth (not to mention other side effects of that method, being that the Pokemon would animate at any instance it is drawn on the screen, even if you're just checking your bag during a battle and exit), while Emerald uses all kinds of effects like sprite rotation and even palette glowing (Milotic). It would be cool, but it's not really worth it IMO, not to mention that neither me nor MrDollSteak want to produce second frame Pokemon sprites. If we did, it would be a huge pain in the donkey for reasons I don't feel like going into detail right now.

EDIT: btw just thought I should mention that I have plans for a Beta 2.2 which should be coming sometime soon. It will be another bug fix release fixing Solar Power (already fixed by MrDollSteak) among other things.

If you guys encounter the level up freeze bug, please give me more details than just "it froze lol". Like, tell me what trainer and what Pokemon you were using, held item, level, etc. I still have not encountered it on VBA, but I believe you guys that the bug is there, and would like to fix it for Beta 2.2. So please, if it happens, give me as many details as you can so I can replicate it. In fact, it would be really helpful for me if someone could find a scenario in which it ALWAYS happens. So far from reports it seems that it only happens in levels 30+.
Old February 6th, 2014 (01:00 AM).

Nature: Modest
I think the level up bug happens randomly, i restarted the game from a previous point in Silph Co, and it didn't happen again. My pidgeot is holding a silk scarf. Also flash cannon messes up the display quite a lot but it doesn't freeze the game for me (i'm playing on gpsphone on iPad 4) hope this somewhat helps in fixing the bug, and i just finished the game today. :D
Old February 6th, 2014 (08:05 AM).

Where I can find Omega Stone???
Old February 6th, 2014 (03:50 PM).

Quote originally posted by Chaos Rush:
If you guys encounter the level up freeze bug, please give me more details than just "it froze lol". Like, tell me what trainer and what Pokemon you were using, held item, level, etc. I still have not encountered it on VBA, but I believe you guys that the bug is there, and would like to fix it for Beta 2.2. So please, if it happens, give me as many details as you can so I can replicate it. In fact, it would be really helpful for me if someone could find a scenario in which it ALWAYS happens. So far from reports it seems that it only happens in levels 30+.
This hasn't happened always, but it has happened consistently a few times, so this might be something to note. I have experienced the level up freeze bug two times. The first time was the rival battle with Green in the SS Anne (I wasn't using the correct rom dump this time). I was using my Porygon, which I got from the Scyther-Porygon trade, and the game would freeze every time I leveled up Porygon. This didn't happen with my other pokemon. The second time was against a trainer on route 13, this time with the correct rom dump. (sorry I forgot the trainer's name) Anyway, I was using a Lucky Egg to train my pokemon, and the game froze when my pokemon leveled up against that trainer. In my opinion, there could be a glitch in the experience boost that traded pokemon and pokemon that hold the lucky egg get. This hasn't happened always, but its something to note.
Old February 7th, 2014 (02:44 AM).

Sucker punch fails when the opponent uses the custom move 'brain freeze' otherwise it is working fine.
Old February 7th, 2014 (10:56 AM).

I experienced the freezing glitch just once when I was battling with my Steelix against a Weezing in Cycling Road. The game freezed when Steelix level up. Luckily i had a save state before defeating Weezing, so i switched into my Rapidash instead. Steelix leveled up though but the game did not freeze.
Old February 7th, 2014 (06:58 PM).

First off, Nice hack best by far(imo). But I was wondering if you can add shroomish/Breloom? Since you added technician Breloom would be perfect. and since there isn't really good (physical) grass types.
Old February 7th, 2014 (08:00 PM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to supanut2000 Send a message via Skype™ to supanut2000
Nice hack! BTW, how do I get into the second gym?
Old February 8th, 2014 (12:58 AM).

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Chaos Rush:
The only people actively involved with DarkViolet is me and MrDollSteak (same with the 64x64 sprite project), and I can say that I have no plans to implement this feature. That method in the link you posted isn't even true Emerald-style animation, it's just two frames going back and forth (not to mention other side effects of that method, being that the Pokemon would animate at any instance it is drawn on the screen, even if you're just checking your bag during a battle and exit), while Emerald uses all kinds of effects like sprite rotation and even palette glowing (Milotic). It would be cool, but it's not really worth it IMO, not to mention that neither me nor MrDollSteak want to produce second frame Pokemon sprites. If we did, it would be a huge pain in the donkey for reasons I don't feel like going into detail right now.

EDIT: btw just thought I should mention that I have plans for a Beta 2.2 which should be coming sometime soon. It will be another bug fix release fixing Solar Power (already fixed by MrDollSteak) among other things.

Well the freeze mostly happened when I was fighting Team Rocket grunts or executives. It is somewhere in the 40s and it happened with Electabuzz, Gengar and Scizor. Now do u get it?
Old February 9th, 2014 (02:54 AM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to supanut2000 Send a message via Skype™ to supanut2000
Are you planning to add a day/night system to this hack at some point, like in beta 3/final release?
Old February 9th, 2014 (11:39 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
Any idea when the final version will be released?
Old February 9th, 2014 (04:56 PM).

Since this beta goes up to Silph Co and Sabrina, I'm assuming that this beta goes up to the 7th gym, as Sabrina is now the 7th gym leader. Am I right?
Old February 9th, 2014 (09:38 PM).
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by RedUrsaring:
I experienced the freezing glitch just once when I was battling with my Steelix against a Weezing in Cycling Road. The game freezed when Steelix level up. Luckily i had a save state before defeating Weezing, so i switched into my Rapidash instead. Steelix leveled up though but the game did not freeze.
Mind telling me which specific trainer on Cycling Road? And what level was your Steelix?

Quote originally posted by Uzigunner:
Well the freeze mostly happened when I was fighting Team Rocket grunts or executives. It is somewhere in the 40s and it happened with Electabuzz, Gengar and Scizor. Now do u get it?
Um, no. I'm doing another playthrough and still haven't experienced it. Can you tell me the specific trainer that caused the freeze? Out of everyone that has reported the level-up freeze glitch, no one has said what specific trainer caused it.

Quote originally posted by supanut2000:
Are you planning to add a day/night system to this hack at some point, like in beta 3/final release?
Nope.

Quote originally posted by Ghost Down:
Any idea when the final version will be released?
I have absolutely no idea.

Quote originally posted by supanut2000:
Since this beta goes up to Silph Co and Sabrina, I'm assuming that this beta goes up to the 7th gym, as Sabrina is now the 7th gym leader. Am I right?
Yes, you can obtain seven Gym Badges in Beta 2.
Old February 9th, 2014 (09:42 PM).

Where and how can I get HM02 and the bicycle?
Old February 11th, 2014 (05:45 PM).

Could you help me? I don't know how to download the game, I read the whole thing but I still don't get it
Old February 11th, 2014 (06:00 PM).
STOP HIM SAM, HE'S GONNA TELL US A STORY!!!

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by UltimateGamers03:
Could you help me? I don't know how to download the game, I read the whole thing but I still don't get it
First you have to find a Fire Red ROM, which we aren't allowed to specifically say since it's legality is iffy and/or illegal depending on if you have the game. Then you need to download the IPS file, and use Lunar IPS to patch it to the Fire Red ROM you downloaded.

Old February 11th, 2014 (06:04 PM).

I'm up to the 6th gym now. I haven't beat the gym yet. I think I may just wait for the final, full game release and then I will continue. But...I wonder, do I have to start everything from scratch again when, let's say, another major release is out? Cuz I've been this far in the game and I can't afford to start everything over...
Old February 11th, 2014 (10:05 PM).
Kik: spazzyda59

Nature: Lonely
I just finished beta 2.0 and i must say i am completely impressed by the quality of this hack ! As you said : forget nostalgia and so i did .The music inserted into hack is phenomenal ! especially the trainer battle music ! it has extra zing to it.I love the fact that you have given Team rocket a more acceptable reason to be an evil team because in all official pokemon games they were just thugs with no real motive.The scripts in the game are kind of similar to red but still different.The tiling and the mapping if the game is wonderful.I love the fact that pokemon that have evolutins which did not exist originally like lefeon and glaceon still have their original cries ! I also love the in game jokes and humor about your rival blue.. especially the one about his Facebook account.There was never a ull moment playig this hack ! I wish you good luck chaos Rush and i hope you do complete this hack ! Cheers
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links