The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2014, 05:15 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
"The Mysterious Rain Shelter! Nyasper is Watching!!"
Airdate: 30 January 2014 [Japan]

YAY HAUNTED HOUSE EPISODE! It looks like a rehash of BW's, but I hope it's spookier tbh. Pokémon has a lack of properly scary episodes.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set

Last edited by Anna; February 1st, 2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 05:49 PM
Shadeh
KABOOM!

Nature: Jolly
Scariest episode(s)? All the banned ones. Omg those..... cri
Old January 22nd, 2014, 06:33 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nahh there have been scarier. Like, this list. Imagine getting an Origins-level scary episode.

I mean Espurr is creepy as it is but I think there's at least one friendly one in this episode? idk I hope there's some scary things going on. Like Scare at Litwick Mansion with straight up evil, soul-sucking Pokémon. yay ♥

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old January 30th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Gogoat Rocks!
GoGo Gogoat!

Nature: Timid
I've just watched it.
To me, they made Espurr look and sound SO CUTE :D

Pokemon Y: 1048-9262-1484
Friend Safari: Ground. Trapinch, Camerupt Gastrodon.
Old January 30th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Since I first heard about the episode, I knew it was going to be an instant favorite of mine, and I was right, it's my most favorite Kalos episode to date.

Just watching that cute Espurr move around, smile, and play just made me "die of cuteness overload". There wasn't a moment that made it boring in any way.

It was one of the few episodes that I actually liked the 'human characters' as well, it was funny to watch Clemont very scared, and Serena making worst at times (as in scaring the group even more) - (can't wait for a 'distant future' for this episode to be dubbed in Spanish).

The part that really made me laugh the most (as they say in text speak: lol) was Team Rocket saying their motto scared to death, near the end desparately screaming the motto of fright. One of the few times I actually loved hearing the motto!

To be honest, my only sad & disappointing moments: No cute Fennekin in this episode - and Espurr didn't go with Serena (I was really hoping for this to happen).

Loved how they made the title card opening - sort of spooky-white lettering, perfect episode to watch on Helloween night!

For me: perfect 11/10, #1 favorite episode in XY - #2 most favorite episode in the Pokemon Anime (all seasons combined - #1 is still "Pokemon Harbor Patrol"). This episode made me love Espurr much more than before. It's no longer "death-like stare" or "emotionless" I kept reading a lot in other forums - laughs, smiles, loves to play.

Not related to episode - when I watched the first time I was playing with Espurr in Amie!
Other thoughts while watching the episode:
Spoiler:
The only thing I don't get in most horror movies/tv show it always shows it anight and raining with thunder! I just got used to it, I'm expecting it now.

Sort of looks like an abandoned old mansion - ready to crumble! Love that view Espurr gives from the top stairs (first cute moment!) just before the theme song.

Loved the title card! behind the 'abandoned' mansion - I was expecting something scary to all-of-a-sudden get on screen to scare the viewers

For some reason the 3 main characters (Serena, Clemont, and Ash remind me of Scooby-Doo characters by their actions) - Clemont sort of reminds me of Shaggy's personality.

Typical scare portions of tv shows/movies, doors closing by themselves!! So much nostalgia for me! I'm a fan of horror movies.

Love how Serena tries to explain the ghost encounters!

Same with Team Rocket! Frighted when the window closes! More horror movie nostalgia.

Thunder - woman painting! Bonnie is the only one not scared the other three hitting the floor

Those screams echoing through the mansion - James trying to break the window!! Is it the move protect? - loud echoes of the thumping! Everyone getting scared = lots of horror movie nostalgia!

Team Rocket moving back to back!! Cute moment Espurr! just wants to play with! TRio running away scared!

More cuteness moments! Bonnie following Espurr! The 3 following and seem to loose her!

TRio hiding behind the bed!

Clemont screaming out loud - frighting TRio! more of those 'lol'moments, more horror movie nostalgia

More Cuteness overload moments - Bonnie & Espurr! playing with it's ball! Wish it was me istead of Bonnie at this moment!! That Espurr voice! so darn cute! Playing with the all the toys! Watching Espurr smile and having a good time, brings lots of smiles to me as well!

Best TRio motto for me!! Frighted to death while trying to say the motto! THUNDER!! almost screaming the motto!! I had to rewind the video many times just to hear it over and over!!

Ahhh! back to cuteness!! Espurr!! just watching it I can't control myself!

TO be honest - still hate the voice of the PokeDex, sounded a lot better in BW - which it could have kept that voice instead

Espurr telling it's story - Meowth translating!! It was the moment I almost cried! could feel the tears coming down my eyes especially near the end. Wish I could have been there to comfort it.

TRio trying to catch it! few moments I was actually mad at TRio! Cute Espurr freed itself and 'threw TRio out the window'!!

Wonder who's Lisa?

Saddened to see Espurr go away with Lisa! I wish it could have gone with Serena. Cute Espurr sitting the car, again, I wish it was me driving it.

I had to watch the episode at least 6 times in a row, watching a 7th while writing the review. No amount of negative comments will make me like the episode any less.
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

my 3DS XL FC is full - My 3DS Flame Red still needs friends - 3325-3310-5332 -
Normal Safari - Lilipup, Loudred, ??? - send me a quick message if you want to be added
Old January 30th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Kokocat
Burning Young Heart

Nature: Jolly
The episode gave me diabetes. They made espurr perfectly adorable despite its overly large eyes and ingame demeanor (Espurr looks into your soul meme insert here). I really wanted Ash or Serena to catch espurr though until I saw how over-powered it was.

Best Character of This Episode: Eureka. She was just perfect and makes Max from Hoenn seem like a pest more and more. She's young and annoying like any kid at that age but has such a happy-go-lucky attitude you have to love her. Unlike Max who was the biggest party pooper in Hoenn.

3DS - Friend Code: 1478-4296-0129
Black - Friend Code: 2452-7652-4136

[
Old February 2nd, 2014, 11:16 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I went into the episode thinking that it was going to start scary and turn cute because I've seen screencaps.

I did not expect to come out of the episode in tears. Just damn man. Most heartwrecking episode in a long time I s2g. I just wanted to hug the Espurr and take it hoooome. Just.. guh. Very sweet episode and very emotional and I hope to see more of that in later episodes. Maybe not to that extent but wow. Going to the Espurr tumblr tag hurts now guys.
Old February 5th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

I wanted a scary episode but wow I can not fault this one. Maybe we'll get a scary one once they hit Route 14.

Spoiler:
- trying not to panic lmao
- i love that serena has no filter
- *SCREAMS* "uh, that's a picture"
- bonnie is great
- clemont just shivering in the background
- YOU JUST SHRIEK WHEN YOU FIGURE SOMETHING OUT WHAT THE HECK LEMON BOY
- oh it's cute
- it's SO CUTE
- i want twelve
- and a shiny
- pffft rockets
- big brother clemont <3
- oh no it's sad :(
- james holding inkay awwww
- convenient timing tho right

That was a great episode to play with characterization tbh. I'm glad Serena got as many lines as she did and it turns out that she has no filter haha that's amazing.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old February 6th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
This has to be the most heart-wrenching episode in XY so far. I mean, dang, they killed off a character off-screen leaving that poor Espurr she befriended heart-broken. Speaking of Espurr, the way it gives more facial expressions outside of its stoic look only makes it look more creepy than cute, due to how said stoic expression fits it better. On the comedic side of this episode, Team Rocket and Serena's frightened moments was what sold me.
Old February 6th, 2014, 10:33 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
.........Holy wow was I not prepared for that! This episode controlled my emotions like a puppet master. Serena's ghost story moments and everyone's reactions to those were fun. But the main thing - I had to wipe away tears at one point! DX Espurr was so adorable, especially when playing with Bonnie and Dedenne. I already loved Espurr, but now even more so. That probably helped with feeling empathetic to it during the story about the old lady. And the music too! Such a beautiful version of the song that plays when AZ tells his story in the games. And then the Laverre City theme when everything was resolved. Then finally, the ending scene in the car with the flower feels like a fitting end. :)

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old February 15th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Seems like this is the traditional "scary" Pokemon episode for the region :P Don't know where this random mansion was supposed to be though, I remember the others were actual places in the games. Espurr was adorable. I have to wonder how the dub will handle the death and going to the grave. There is always the pessimistic part of me with the dub that makes me think they'll send her to the Shadow Realm say they're driving to visit her.

Oh, and that car looked so much like a Nissan Micra.
Old February 15th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

I was curious about the random mansion as well because they're on Route 5 right now and there ain't **** there except a skate park iirc. I hope we get an actually scary episode when we hit the actual (supposedly) haunted area.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old February 26th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
This was a really good episode. I also hope they have a real scary episode later on at the mansion going toward the 6th gym and the haunted woods if they go there. This episode actually made me like Espurr a bit more. I don't get scared easily, usually no movies or anything can scare me, but I have to say the Unova scary episode with the Litwick was by far the creepiest episode ever. I want a scary episode past that.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links