The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 7th, 2014, 11:05 PM
precita

Advertise here
I'm not really expecting to see the Hoenn coordinators again even if there are R/S remakes. The writers usually don't bring back the old female companion more than once after their next saga. It's the same reason Misty hasn't reappeared since Hoenn, the writers just bring back the older female lead once for the next saga and then they let them be forgotten. I'm sure we've seen the last of Dawn too for this reason.

As for Amourshipping, it just feels what people wanted Pearlshipping to be. So much of Serena's character reminds me of Dawn (just minus the Contests), and it reminds me of what they thought Ash/Dawn's interactions were.
Old February 12th, 2014, 04:37 AM
Famon

Am I the only one who want to see Serena Or any other girl making an expression like this toward Ash-
Spoiler:

A common expression usually made by Tsundere girl .

I just disappointed that Serena act more like a new girl instate of a childhood friend.
Childhood friends has a special relationship and thats what I wanted to see.
But Serena Formal chemistry with Ash is ruining it ! If she going to act like a new girl toward Ash then what is the point of making her a childhood friend .
To think , ''Childhood Friend'' Plot got ruin like this .
I have much better idea regarding ''Childhood Friend''-

Spoiler:
Prof Oak is interested in Kalo Pokemon But he can't leave his lad so he sent his best assistant to do the job who happen to be ''Leaf'' . But its could be dangerous So he ask Ash to accompany her Since he & Leaf happen to be Childhood friends .
However Ash & Leaf is in Bad Term ever since an unknown incident took place in their childhood So they been avoiding each other since then .
However They agree to travel with each other after Prof Oak beg them . But they still bicker & argue with each other .
But They will be proven to be a good team since Leaf has Vast knowledge and Ash has Ingenuity .
As They travel together , They slowly start to reconcile the friendship they once had.

Old February 12th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Honestly as far as I can tell, the crush on Ash is purely motivation to get her out of the house. They don't seem to have particularly bonded as friends as children; he just rescued her once and made a big impression. But since she doesn't have a goal and doesn't seem really interested in Pokémon training at all, she has to have some other reason to become a companion- that being that she has a crush on Ash. It's not really the standard childhood friends type relationship people keep interpreting it as.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old February 13th, 2014, 04:31 AM
Famon

Currently the Amourshipping need

-A referring female character who will fight against Serena Over Ash . Basically A Love rival .

-Serena to have an ability to attract males toward her ! Like a Popular school-idol who make all the guy fall for her.

-Serena start showing her Sassy side toward Ash

-Better chemistry then Pearlshipping.

-Other Males becoming jealous of Ash due to Serena's affection toward him .

Old February 15th, 2014, 05:12 PM
ZeroX5

Nature: Modest
Hey Anna, if I understood correctly (and this may not be entirely accurate)..at the beginning of the Pichu/Dedenne episode they were talking about food (and eating properly I believe?) And I think Ash said he eats whenever he is hungry, and Serena said that's because he (and Pikachu) are gluttons. She just called her white knight a glutton. THAT'S IMPROVEMENT!

Last edited by ZeroX5; February 15th, 2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old February 16th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

IF THAT'S CORRECT THEN I'M SO HAPPY. Somebody in this show needs to criticise him! I mean, Clemont has corrected him or suggested alternatives to whatever at times but nobody's calling Ash out yet and gosh. For one, he needs someone to bring him back to earth once in a while. And two, Serena's starting to see that he's a real person with real faults and merits. aaaaa

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old February 16th, 2014, 09:12 PM
ZeroX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
IF THAT'S CORRECT THEN I'M SO HAPPY. Somebody in this show needs to criticise him! I mean, Clemont has corrected him or suggested alternatives to whatever at times but nobody's calling Ash out yet and gosh. For one, he needs someone to bring him back to earth once in a while. And two, Serena's starting to see that he's a real person with real faults and merits. aaaaa
Well she also loudly said "Moouuuu..."(Japanese for "geez") while putting a hand on her hip while looking at him when Ash's stomach rumbled at the end of the episode. But laughed it off (along with everyone else, including the kids who were crying initially). So it's a bit unclear if it actually bothers her. She smiled about it when it happened in the bug Capturing/poaching episode, while Bonnie and Clemont were the ones that were kinda "....really man?" about it.
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Famon

I believe jealousy is the Best way for Serena to show her Sassy side toward Ash.
But it require a big group of girl who shows interest in Ash.

Old February 17th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
The more you love them the more you want to correct their errors =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 17th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Master Trainer Empoleon

Misty and Iris (as much as I don't care for her) are solid Type A tsuderes. May and Dawn are a mix of Type A and Type B. Serena on the other hand, is definitely a Type B.

We'll see more of her "Tsun" side fleshed out over time.

Old February 18th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Trainer Empoleon View Post
Misty and Iris (as much as I don't care for her) are solid Type A tsuderes. May and Dawn are a mix of Type A and Type B. Serena on the other hand, is definitely a Type B.

Since when archetype got... archetypes? o.O

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Famon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Trainer Empoleon View Post

Misty is a Tsundere , Iris isn't !
Iris happen to writer's failed attempt to create a Non-violent Misty.
Honestly , Ash fit much well with Tsundere due to his dense personality .
So , I believe a Tsundere rival is a good match for Ash .
Now that I think of it , This show doesn't have a single female Challenger around Ash's age who really really strong . Forget about rivals !
Most of the Female challenger are ether rookie and Comic relief .
Katie (AG) probably the strongest female Challenger while Maccy (Jotho) probably the strongest 10 year old challenger.

Last edited by Famon; February 18th, 2014 at 05:46 AM.
Old March 8th, 2014, 01:25 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Serena is soooo cute! It's like if she got a secret crush over Ash!
Did you see the look she gave to Ash when he borrowed her his handkerchief? ♥
Old March 11th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

GUYS ENOUGH ABOUT AMOUR

MARCH 12 IS CAFEMOCHA DAY
im so happy you dont understand this is my otp
just look at this

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old March 15th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Famon

Ayaka

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/poke...ra/chara04.png

Now , Thats the type of Girl should be the Heroin of this series .
Ya , I don't know anything about her personality .
But just look at her pose , Her cold stare and dominating aura .
I have been waiting for a girl like that.
she would be a perfect rival & Heroin for Ash !!!
Alan is just so lucky , He got a cool heroin , Mega Charizard and a chance to beat E4 member .
Poor Ash might not get a megamon because of some oversmart idiotic Writer/director.
Forget about Heroin.

Old March 15th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Hi yeah this is shipping discussions. You can totally make a thread about her or talk about her in the special ep discussion thread but unless you're talking shipping in some way it aint for here.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old March 16th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Famon

Upcoming episode-

Quote:
3. A Rival in Love for Serena?! [...]...?
While on the way, Serena hands out special PokePuffs to everyone. But then a girl named Milfy appears, and starts teasing Serena's PokePuffs. Sparks begin to fly between Serena and Milfy!!
Source :http://s.cyrill.lilect.net/uploader/...0123370000.jpg

I always wanted to know what would happened if Ursula fallen in love with Ash !
May be , I can learn that from Milfy .

Old March 18th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Sopheria
Your Favorite Senpai
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Ok, so I just started watching the English dub of X and Y today, and omigosh I love Serena. She's sooo cute. Her relationship with Ash is so positive and heartwarming. I'm definitely a fan of AmourShipping now!

She's such a likable character, and she brings out some really likable traits in Ash. In fact I like Ash a lot more just from his interactions with Serena in this series I'm really looking forward to seeing their relationship develop.
Old March 19th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Necrum
Professional Super Villain

Nature: Adamant
With Wobbuffet back, it would certainly be cool to see him get some romance. He was super adorable with Kirlia in that one episode. <3 BALERINASHIPPING 4 LYFE!
Old March 30th, 2014, 11:20 AM
ZeroX5

Hehe, I haven't posted here in a while. Heya :p

So...there was some minor Amour push in the recent Japanese episode. One when Serena got upset because she thought that Ash called the No. 1 Poke'idol cute (but was relieved when she found out he was referring to Elle's Pokemon), and her asking him what he thought of her video while blushing. It was cute sure, but..

You think Serena's crush on Ash is hampering her as a character overall?

I ask this to the entire thread.

Last edited by ZeroX5; March 30th, 2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old March 30th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

I kind of think it is tbh. because when the crush gets so much focus and push, other traits are neglected. Especially the way they're doing it- she's fawning over him rather than taking charge and showing him what she can do and impressing him.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old March 31st, 2014, 04:18 AM
Lizardo
Public Enemy

No. I think what’s hampering Serena as a character is that the show simply refuses to use her in any interesting way, unless absolutely forced to - i.e. her two focus episodes, and even then she’s had the climax of them both taken away from her. The result is that she comes across as a female Takeshi in her general inactivity - except at least Takeshi provided an essential service to the group, if not to the show as a whole (... and really, if Takeshi looks more active than you there’s a problem).

While I can fully agree with the common criticism of Serena’s inactivity amongst fans, I think Amourshipping is often unfairly used as a scapegoat for it, as if Serena would have been more active and empowered without it (there's really no evidence of that). It hasn’t been a significant feature of an episode or Serena’s character since XY007 and since then her main human relationship in the cast has been with Eureka, not Satoshi. Even when it did show up in the latest episode, the main point of XY021 was Serena and Fokko, with the two hints - Serena’s reaction when she though Satoshi called Elle “cute”; her asking him about the Pokevision video at the end - pretty inconsequential to the episode. And given what series this is, I honestly don’t worry about it developing into anything more than what it is now (Satoshi’s never going to notice, and Serena doesn’t seem interested in changing the status quo between them, so there’s nowhere else for it to go - especially since the latter will be written off in 2-3 years time).

As far as Amourshipping itself goes, I like it. It doesn’t rank as high as some of my other Satoshi ships (Abilityshipping, Morpheusshipping, Comashipping, Pearlshipping... poor Satoshi’s kind of my “shipping bicycle” :p), but it gives Satoshi a chance to showcase his tendency to be hopelessly, frustratingly oblivious to all things concerning romance, which is one of his more entertaining character traits. I do think the show could do more to develop Satoshi and Serena’s interactions outside of that, though.
Old April 1st, 2014, 09:29 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroX5 View Post
You think Serena's crush on Ash is hampering her as a character overall?

I ask this to the entire thread.
No, I think it's more that the writers seem to have no idea what to do with her when she's not making those comments. The main thing she does of significance (outside of the Saihorn racing, which I think they are dropping completely) is to have random 10 second hints about how much she likes Ash. It's not even as overt as Takeshi's crushes on every woman ever or Citron's science thing, so I don't feel like it really consumes her character...because she doesn't seem to have much of one in the first place. I feel like Eureka has more significance and personality than Serena so far, and she's not even old enough to be a proper trainer.

I fully agree with Lizardo's comments - even Takeshi seemed to do more than her, and at least he had some sort of goal. I hope they can come up with something for Serena. Maybe the PokeVision episode will come up with something.
Old April 6th, 2014, 01:33 AM
Famon

I was wondering , What a girl like Ursula become Ash's rival !!!
Difference--

-She's cutter
-She's Strong
-She later develop a crush on Ash but deny this like a True Tsundere
-Ash sometime sarcastically tease her and argue with her in a similar manner as Misty

If anyone does remember Ursula then here is her picture -

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ursula
If I know correctly then she was more popular then Zoey who was the main rival of Dawn.

Old April 7th, 2014, 09:37 AM
NeonicBeast
Shine bright like a Beast
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I just went through this entire thread, and saw no mention of unkNownshipping (Ash x N), and minimal mention of Palletshipping. My hopes have been dashed that I'd find others who like my ships it seems, haha. :'D I did see a lot of CafeMochashipping and Pokeshipping though, so that was nice.

Shipping in general in the newest bit of the anime seems pretty blah to me too, mostly because the character's don't seem like they have enough going on to make things viable. Serena in particular needs to have some sort of development for the ship to stay afloat as anything other than a one-sided gag-ship. They could potentially be a good ship, but it needs work from the writers. Of course, that's an opinion, so feel free to disagree.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here