The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 5th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
That was actually a pretty well-set up episode tbh. Well-paced, fairly interesting, and standard silliness for Pokémon. Master Hamm was a cool dude, Kyle was pretty cool, and Terri was rad. I mean the Hitmon trio was expected, as was the Terri-Kyle relationship. But I was impressed with how well May and Ash took up battling with Pokémon and styles they weren't used to. I liked the presence of other fighting types, but would have liked the dojo to be a little more populated than just Terri and Master Hamm.

I suppose Terri didn't really realize she could take over because she and the Hamms were so focused on Kyle being the successor that it pretty much became a fact in their minds.

What a "like-father-like-son" episode tho lmao.

Oh and I noticed Eric Stuart's old man voice it the same as his James-with-facial hair voice. I'm kind of amazed tho- as much as I can immediately identify actors, I'm still almost never confused at who is talking. Except in ONE CASE and that is Maylene and Misty. Who are separated by a bunch of seasons and a complete cast change, so I have no idea why I keep having to remind myself that it's Maylene and not Misty.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

So, I remember The Crystal Onix (OS 087) being a good episode. Let's see if I'm wrong idk. I know I enjoyed it but um things change, as I found out when looking at some ancient RocketShipping stuff with Pigg last month. That was an experience. NOT ALL THINGS ARE AS GOOD AS YOU REMEMBER GUYS.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Nature: Relaxed
Lmao don't worry, I think it's a pretty good episode. It's been a while since I've watched it but there're some traditional values in this episode that we don't see often. There's also a really cool crystal Onix :3

Elite Four Drake would like to battle!
Salamence (Lv. 55) - Intimidate - (Dragon Rush, Zen Headbutt)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: FINALE
November 21st and 28th / Staff Collab 2014
Old January 19th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Okay it was good and about artist inspiration and all but I was doing what I usually do and watching like three eps around there as well and was spoiled by Pikachu Re-Volts which is much better overall and we'll watch it sometime but HEY. Anyway Mateo was p cool but hecka angsty but the most memorable part for me was the neighboring shopkeeper. WHAT A DOUCHE OH MY GOD MARISSA IS LIKE FIVE WHY WAS HE YELLING AT HER AND INSULTING HER BROTHER AND HER SHOP LIKE ??? WOW DUDE
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old January 21st, 2014, 03:36 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Aight, Pikachu Re-Volts is our next episode (Jan 20 - 27) because damn son I really liked it. (feel free to throw in commentary about last week's tho because we're all lazy round here right)
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:05 AM
The Power of Pika

Well I'm going to get in on this since it look like fun.=)

Hope you don't mind me reviewing the one from last week aswell as this week.I watched them both today. The crystal Onix is actually a special episode to me due to the inspiration scene. I could relate so I just had to watch it since I hadn't watched it in a long time.^-^

The crystal Onix:
I thought it was funny when Team rocket got caught in their own traps. I also love it when everyone is wondering how they got out of it and they practically say even the writers can't work it out.XD

I always found it a bit odd that despite seeing the crystal Onix coming out of a lake of water that they even thought Cloyster would even be good against it in the first place.............

I love the scene when the inspiration happens. I just find it very memorable.=3

It's a good episode and I enjoyed it.^-^

Pikachu re-volts- Brilliant episode. That Drowzee was really powerful though I did smile a bit at points because it looked like it was dancing when controlling the Pokemon.=3

I enjoy seeing jessie, james and meowth switching to the good side for this episode. It was some nice team work at points.

Ash as usual puts his life on the line. Though he succeeded in freeing the pokemon doing so.

Loved the team rocket double motto.XP
Old January 25th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Hello hello welcome to Watch-Along Club! glad you could join us~ <3

Quote:
I thought it was funny when Team rocket got caught in their own traps. I also love it when everyone is wondering how they got out of it and they practically say even the writers can't work it out.XD
One of the best moments ever ngl. xD I mean seeing them caught was funny enough but then they just tripled that with the escape explanation.
Quote:
I always found it a bit odd that despite seeing the crystal Onix coming out of a lake of water that they even thought Cloyster would even be good against it in the first place.............
I KNOW RIGHT?? dang Mateo get your logic functioning

Like I said, Pikachu Re-Volts was really, really good. I love J&J being kind of in the grey area- we know they've got good hearts, but when they lean toward the good side they can help a lot. My favourite scene though was when they were all in the Pokémon Center and seeing J&J's internal conflict and being confronted by Ash like... whoa, that came across really well.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old January 26th, 2014, 09:25 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Pikachu Re-Volts always makes me thing that Jessie & James could always be such good persons but unfortunately they went into the wrong side ;~;
Old January 26th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

I KNOW RIGHT. They're just so good at heart. It's actually a really interesting place to put them- they're honestly good people, but a little naive and working for the bad guys. They're the "main villains", but they help more than they hurt, especially when actual villainous people come along. They're bad at being bad and good at being good, but they're under obligation and have been trained to try to be bad. I think it's pretty cool cause they're kind of showing kids "hey, people who do bad things aren't always bad. and people who do good things aren't always good." They're representative of the grey zone of morality.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old January 26th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

We all live in a Pokémon world~

Pikachu Re-Volts was a pretty good episode. Botch and Cassidy's hypnosis plan was really smart but I'm not sure about its originality -- there was another episode that involved a Drowzee or Hypno using mass hypnosis, whether or not it aired before is beyond my memory. But yeah it's nice to see TR working with the twerps and actually not attempting to steal Pikachu afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz View Post
Pikachu Re-Volts always makes me thing that Jessie & James could always be such good persons but unfortunately they went into the wrong side ;~;
All three were good people before they joined TR but they didn't like living that kind of life.

"Wrong is where we belong."
- Jessie

The Crystal Onix was okay but not as good as Pikachu Re-Volts. Besides the rude shop owner, there's not much to comment on until they start looking for the Onix. Tracy why did you not use Marill in the first place? Lol at TR in their own traps. At first I thought that the traps were made so people don't enter the cave. Mateo, you fool, what made you think that water would be super effective against an Onix that lives in a pond? That inspiration scene was so weird, not sure how that would inspire anyone haha.

Old January 26th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Ah, that'd be Hypno's Naptime, and it did air before that but that one was just an accidental side effect of using Hypno to help some old people sleep lmao.

I like to think that the TRio could run a legitimate business and be happy. They'd have fun working out how much they could charge people for stuff and still seem like they're being reasonable. :P

For Crystal Onix I know what you mean about the inspiration scene haha. The scene itself wasn't that inspiring but it got across that he was inspired by it well enough I guess. how much cooler would it be if they did it with XY's animation budget tho!
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old January 26th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I like to think that the TRio could run a legitimate business and be happy. They'd have fun working out how much they could charge people for stuff and still seem like they're being reasonable. :P

For Crystal Onix I know what you mean about the inspiration scene haha. The scene itself wasn't that inspiring but it got across that he was inspired by it well enough I guess. how much cooler would it be if they did it with XY's animation budget tho!
I remember that TR sometimes set up a fake ribbon shop during AG contest episodes and sell them at expensive prices. They need to make money for all of those contraptions somehow.

You could make an endless gif from that scene. Perhaps if Mateo's grandpa told him that all he had to do was look deep into his own pupil 100 times, he could've never ended up in a rut :P

Old January 26th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Especially since they don't get paid most of the time lmao. tbh they're both really impressive scammers and engineers- imagine what they could do!

pffft. But seriously I don't know why Mateo was even out to capture the thing- he knew his grandpa didn't so why did he think it was a necessary step?
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old January 26th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

I was also confused by that. I thought he was going to battle Onix to gather inspiration but nope, catching it is the only way!

Suggestion for next week's WAC episode: BW094 The Road to Humilau!

Last edited by Wobbu; January 26th, 2014 at 08:41 PM. Reason: next week not next month
Old January 27th, 2014, 04:59 AM
The Power of Pika

Quote:
Ah, that'd be Hypno's Naptime, and it did air before that but that one was just an accidental side effect of using Hypno to help some old people sleep lmao.

I like to think that the TRio could run a legitimate business and be happy. They'd have fun working out how much they could charge people for stuff and still seem like they're being reasonable.
I think TRio could run a legit business too. They did a amazing job in the sinnoh league for example. I was impressed at the steps they took to gain business despite the disadvantages they were put in. They definitely know a little bit about business.

Quote:
Especially since they don't get paid most of the time lmao. tbh they're both really impressive scammers and engineers- imagine what they could do!

pffft. But seriously I don't know why Mateo was even out to capture the thing- he knew his grandpa didn't so why did he think it was a necessary step?
Who knows. Maybe he thought that he'll need it to look at it constantly to remind him but once he got the inspiration he realised the inspiration will always be with him and that the onix gave him all the inspiration he needed for life thus not needing the Onix to be caught in the end.
Old January 27th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Power of Pika View Post
Who knows. Maybe he thought that he'll need it to look at it constantly to remind him but once he got the inspiration he realised the inspiration will always be with him and that the onix gave him all the inspiration he needed for life thus not needing the Onix to be caught in the end.
Fair point! It was a learning experience for a young man, after all.

So this week's episode will be Road to Humilau! Some late BW to contrast the early OS we've been watching~ This one will be open for discussion until February 3! (why the heck did I almost type November oh my god)
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old January 27th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Quote:
(why the heck did I almost type November oh my god)
Probably because the episode is so good that we could talk about it for months :P

Old January 27th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

boi don't tell me that I don't need more encouragement to get off-track.

By the way- if y'all haven't noticed, there's a list of eps on the first page marked [VDay]. We're gonna be having Valentine's events. Those episodes are shippy. Wobbu and I are going to be streaming them. They're all going to be fair discussion game in here from Feb 8-22. Suggest more, if you would! Any ship is cool.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old January 28th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Road to Humilau reminded me of how much I miss the Meloetta arc ;_;
So we were introduced to Cameron with this episode and HE IS SO UNORGANIZED.
Spoiler:
How he beat Ash in the Unova League is unfathomable.

The first half of this episode was okay. It took a lot of time away from the battle but we learned a lot about Cameron during the process. How did Ash and Cameron not notice those two cliffs? Cliffs are not Pokémon; they can't wildly appear. Lol at Meloetta when it just floated and did nothing while everyone struggled to save Cameron from falling off the second cliff.

I may or may not have picked this episode because of Wailord, but that's not important right now. What's important is that Cameron's battle with Marlon was really cool because of how it played out. Ferrothorn, though being at a huge field disadvantage, defeated Jellicent (a little too easily if you ask me) but fell prey to Cursed Body. I'm really glad that Jellicent's ability took affect because Cursed Body is a cool ability. We got to see Cameron's strategic side when he battled Mantine, which was a nice change of pace :P

Old January 29th, 2014, 03:40 AM
The Power of Pika

This was an okay episode. I laughed a few times. I couldn't help imagine the idea of how lost ash would be if his traveling companion was Cameron only for the entire region.^-^;;;;;

I mean seriously they both forgot to pack their lunches?

Thank goodness meloetta was there to help.=)

I enjoyed the battle in the gym. It was nice seeing Samurott in action.=3
Old January 29th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Power of Pika View Post
I enjoyed the battle in the gym. It was nice seeing Samurott in action.=3
My favorite part was when Mantine and Samurott dove underwater and Samurott used its speed to its advantage. It would've been really cool if Marlon used his Wailord. He would've won fo sho.

Old January 31st, 2014, 11:53 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
When Ash and Cameron almost fell off the cliff twice, I was looking at Meloetta like "Do something! Don't you have psychic powers!?"

Also, when Cameron forgot Riolu during the gym fight, that was so hilarious, hahaha!
Old February 8th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Clemont
Striving to be stronger!

Nature: Modest

Sixteen Days of Romance

Feb 8 - 23

Er, hello, everyone. I've been roped into this event by my sister and Serena. I guess I'm the only one who can figure out how to livestream from the Holo-Casters. Oh, um, I'm Clemont. The girls gave me a list of... "shippy" episodes to show over the sixteen days of events. I'm just the tech guy, though- your hosts will be Anna and Wobbu. They'll schedule streams on various days at various times and will announce them in the Streaming Thread, so keep an eye on that. They won't be showing them all at the same time, but every episode will be streamed at least once.

Let's see... all of the episode are fair game for discussion in this thread from February 8th to the 23rd. After that, the Watch-Along Club will resume as normal on Monday the 24th. Feel free to watch any or all of these on your own or join in the streams. The list is below, in broadcast order:
♥ Holy Matrimony! [OS048]
♥ Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon? [OS100]
♥ Misty Meets Her Match [OS103]
♥ The Stun Spore Detour [OS110]
♥ The Heartbreak of Brock [OS198]
♥ Love, Petalburg Style! [AG069]
♥ Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut? [AG113]
♥ Fear Factor Phony [AG146]
♥ Queen of the Serpentine [AG158]
♥ Spontaneous Combusken [AG162]
♥ The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing [AG187]
♥ Tag, We're It/Glory Blaze/Smells Like Team Spirit [DP050-052]
♥ Tanks for the Memories [DP062]
♥ The Path That Leads to Goodbye! [BW131]
♥ Training Daze [Chronicles 12]
♥ Pokémon Heroes [M05]
♥ The Rise of Darkrai [M10]
If you want to suggest a few, I'm told you're allowed to do so within the next few days. The girls said there were probably some big ones that they missed, so if you remember some then please speak up. You all can start chatting about the episode in here at any time, then. And make sure to check out the other events!

PokéAni Card Contest
Submissions: Feb 8 - 17 || Voting: Feb 17 - 22

Want to make a pretty, romantic card for your special someone? Or just make something silly for your friends to laugh at? You can enter either one into the contest, so get creative!

[Card Contest]
Shipping Debate
Feb 8 - 17

Make a case for your OTP and convince everyone that they're the perfect couple! Judges and other members might prompt you to solidify your argument, so keep an eye out!

[Debate Thread]

...thanks to science!

Last edited by Anna; February 11th, 2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old February 24th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Well, that sucked. B)

Back on schedule with A Venipede Stampede going from Feb 24 - March 3! Some early Unova fun for y'all. :D
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old February 25th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
omg this episode. like seriously i would freak out if I see all those Venipedes crawling over buildings and stuff in my town.
I did find the one that Ash rescued pretty adorable and also felt a little giddy when they were herding them all. That was pretty cool. Also Pidove evolving so cute aaaa

pairs!
wac!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links