Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page [Spoilers] XY 017 Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old January 21st, 2014 (06:40 AM). Edited January 21st, 2014 by Aquacorde.

"Froakie vs. Frogadier! The Ninja Battle!!"

Summary

Ash started undergoing strict training with a ninja Trainer named Sanpei in order to have his Keromatsu learn "Quick Attack."

My Opinion
Okay , I want Ash to lose here for Froakie's evolution's sake , But Strict training to learn a mare Quick attack !
Why Does Ash has to make simple thing look impossible ???
I mean if it was Extreme speed Or Blizzard Or Extrasensory then I would understand but a Quick attack !!!
If Froakie has to undergo strict training to learn an attack then it should be Powerfully rare attack , Not something simple as Quick attack that he can learn by leveling up .
I rather prefer him to be train to learn ''Shadow sneak'' .

Old January 21st, 2014 (06:57 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quick Attack... hmm... okay... this is kinda overkill.
With Quick Attack getting its episode, it will become OP as Pikachu's Thunderbolt.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 21st, 2014 (03:31 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Nature: Bold
Quick Attack? Really? How... mundane. I mean at least we're getting training episodes but I mean. Quick Attack. If they're doing an episode for that, I hope they give at significant amount of time to all other learned attacks. For everyone. I suppose it's going to focus a lot on speed and general ninja-esque skills but... Quick Attack. lmfao
Dwebble - #184
pairs - ama - gravity falls fc - minecraft
Old January 22nd, 2014 (11:58 AM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

Er, what. At least most of the training episode moves were new moves in previous generations. Quick Attack is just not exciting since I'm pretty sure we've already seen at least a few Pokemon using it so far.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old February 8th, 2014 (04:26 PM). Edited February 8th, 2014 by Xander Olivieri.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
I think its fitting. Ash's style has always been quick hitting Pokemon. Froakie really sets that mood though its never used a speedy attack. I can see Ash needing to teach Froakie the attack to give more options to their battle, like when Ash first used Froakie to catch his Fletchling.

In terms of training, Oshawott gained Aqua Jet before the Narcene Gym due to unorthodox training and had to be taught how to swim with its eyes open underwater despite it being a natural born swimmer.

In D/P Hoenn Ash had to teach Pikachu how to use Iron Tail. It wasn't a new move, but a move Pikachu showed knowledge of but could never fully utilize the attack. So they practiced through various episodes to master it.

Bullet Seed is arguably less impressive than Quick Attack, though Ash had to teach it to Treecko as well. Using Watermelon seeds at that.

There were a few other training episodes that I can't bring to mind right off, but they were all fairly uninteresting moves that the Pokemon either showed interest in learning or already could use but not to a mastered degree.

I'd say the most interesting moves Ash had to teach were Aerial Ace and Brave Bird, both times I believe Ash had to enlist the help of a Pokemon trainer who had a specialty with birds.

I can see Froakie expressing interest in an attack like Quick Attack and it really fits Ash's main battle motif.
Old February 17th, 2014 (04:20 AM).

Froakie was seen using an attack together with Frogadier at the end the trailer.
This probably canceled any of Froakie's hatred towards its evolution.
Old February 27th, 2014 (05:28 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
So, Froakie fails to learns Quick Attack and instead learns Double Team by accident; I'm absolutely ok with this. It's good have a dose of Team Rocket after two episodes of them missing in action. Also, Kunoichi Bonnie is too darn cute.
Old February 27th, 2014 (06:50 PM).
Throw caution to the wind.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
It's silly that there's an episode dedicated to Froakie learning a simple move as Quick Attack but I hope the episode provides more development on the relationship between Ash and Froakie. Perhaps there's a bigger focus than just gaining a move.
Old February 27th, 2014 (07:30 PM).
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Froakie and Ash's relationship remind me of Ash and Treecko's, but with a bit are old charizard. So far this season is starting to turn into a combination of Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Johto to me I like it lol.

To be honest, I don't think Froakie needs quick attack, it is good he got double team. I mean heck, Ash pretty much got Froakie to use quick attack in his own away during the battle with Fletchling.
Old March 3rd, 2014 (11:51 AM).

Hopefully , This episode is the end of Froakie's Losing streak .
Froakie lose 3 ''proper'' trainer battle in a row and haven't won any ''Proper'' trainer battle . (Team Rocket , Fat Chespin & Handicapped Battle doesn't count).
I almost starting to think that Froakie isn't as good as he seemed during 1st episode.
Please Froakie , Start winning already !!!

Old March 3rd, 2014 (01:51 PM).
Public Enemy

Personally, I was fine with Keromatsu losing again. For one thing the episode built off that loss and became about the Pokemon training and visibly getting stronger, so it had a purpose. And then there’s the fact that the second Gym specializes in Rock-types, so I don’t see any way Keromatsu doesn’t make an appearance there. I’m thinking that Gym will be where it redeems itself from these past few losses.

In the long run, Keromatsu is Satoshi’s only starter Pokemon for the Kalos region and is basically guaranteed to become a powerhouse for that reason alone.
Imagine now, big gold chains full of rocks
How you no see the whip, left scars pon' me back
But now we have a big whip parked pon' the block
All them say we doomed from the start, cah' we black
Remember this, every race start from the block, jus 'member dat
Old March 3rd, 2014 (02:03 PM).

Quote originally posted by Lizardo:
Personally, I was fine with Keromatsu losing again. For one thing the episode built off that loss and became about the Pokemon training and visibly getting stronger, so it had a purpose. And then there’s the fact that the second Gym specializes in Rock-types, so I don’t see any way Keromatsu doesn’t make an appearance there. I’m thinking that Gym will be where it redeems itself from these past few losses.

In the long run, Keromatsu is Satoshi’s only starter Pokemon for the Kalos region and is basically guaranteed to become a powerhouse for that reason alone.
But I'm not fine with Froakie wining only 1 battle after losing 5 battle all the time!!!
Or else , He would be as same as Ash's useless Oshawott .
Honestly , Froakie & Ash should only lose when they really need to lose .
But for Froakie to lose in order to learn ''Quick Attack'' ! Thats not a good reason.
Training a Pokemon and teaching a move is a job of a trainer .
But If Ash need someone else to do that for him then it just show him as a weak trainer.
Ash should create his own training style like DP series and start to teach new move to his Pokemon on his own rather then waiting for same stranger to appear and teach a new move to his Pokemon.

Old March 3rd, 2014 (02:10 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Nature: Bold
It's not that Froakie will just win one thing as a sort of redemption. It's that Froakie will start to show the benefits of training and losses and overcome that to become the powerhouse we know he's going to be. Admittedly, they could stagger the wins and losses a bit more, but it's a weaker Pokémon working its way up. That's how it's going to go.
Dwebble - #184
pairs - ama - gravity falls fc - minecraft
Old March 10th, 2014 (11:23 PM).
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
I actually liked this episode a lot. Accidentally learning Double Team was unexpected, but interesting. And it was good to see Froakie losing his cool with Frogadier laughing at him and all. Also, could Sanpei be a recurring character? I don't know the patterns of recurring characters in D/P and on.

But for me, the highlights of this episode are... the shenanigans of Bonnie, Dedenne, and Pikachu. Bwahahaha, their little intermissions between training sessions always made me laugh. Especially the leaf cloaking technique where Pikachu would throw leaves that would pile up to conceal her. :D These remind me of the Chespin episode where Bonnie recites Team Rocket's motto while doing ninja poses. :P I'm really loving Bonnie's character!

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links