The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 7th, 2014, 10:39 AM
HackPlayer123

Advertise here
Anybody know a good place to find a TEXT WALKTHROUGH? I'm kind of stuck right now and have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what the h*** to do next. Or even better, can CUTLERINE provide us a walkthrough? He/She made it, after all!

Anybody know where to find a good TEXT walkthrough? I seriously need to know. I'm a loooooooooo-ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way from not being stuck right now!

Last edited by HackPlayer123; January 7th, 2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 8th, 2014, 11:19 AM
kuudere94

Hello everyone, I have a few general questions about Snakewood.

1) What is the completion status of the game? I did read Cutlerine's first post which was updated sometime in 2013 but I just want to double-check.

2) I'm not sure if I have the latest version installed on my GBA4iOS emulator. I downloaded Snakewood from the website coolrom.com. I would post a direct link, but I do not have 15 posts yet.

In the version of Snakewood that I downloaded, I noticed that the overworld sprite for the female protagonist is exactly the same as May's sprite from the original Ruby/Sapphire. However, in many youtube videos for Snakewood, I see that the female protagonist has her own custom sprite which makes me wonder if I have an earlier version of the game. Do I? If so, where can I find the latest version of the game?

3) If I don't have the most recent version of Snakewood, would downloading the most recent one erase all the progress I made in my current save file? I'm fairly far in the game right now (preparing to fight the Elite 4) and it would be a huge shame if the time I put into it was all for naught.
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:46 AM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuudere94 View Post
Hello everyone, I have a few general questions about Snakewood.

1) What is the completion status of the game? I did read Cutlerine's first post which was updated sometime in 2013 but I just want to double-check.
I can't answer the rest of your question but I can answer this part.

The main game is completely done, but there is supposed to be a story mode after you beat the game which is only 90% done, it has been stated that Cutlerine is extremely unlikely to ever finish the last part.

Old January 11th, 2014, 12:51 AM
raghavendraxxx

The only thing stopping me from playing this hack is fakemons.
Old January 11th, 2014, 07:00 PM
kuudere94

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
I can't answer the rest of your question but I can answer this part.

The main game is completely done, but there is supposed to be a story mode after you beat the game which is only 90% done, it has been stated that Cutlerine is extremely unlikely to ever finish the last part.
Thank you very much for the info, my friend. I didn't even know there was even more stuff after you beat the game.

If anyone can answer my second question from my previous post, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old January 16th, 2014, 06:53 AM
charizardXY

i defeated the elite four but now there is nothing to do. wat shud i do
Old January 16th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Rata
Pokemon Terra Firma Creator.

I like it, but im think the grapichs can be change.
And, nothing more to say.

Good luck!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 20th, 2014, 11:06 AM
waltypain

I have a question. Long story short, I accidentally picked the berries on route 114, and now my game is frozen. Is there any way to fix this?
Old January 24th, 2014, 03:13 PM
waltypain

Heh. Traded a Torchic from a Pokemon Sapphire ROM, evolved it, and now I have a Blaziken with Friction Kick (80% accurate bug type double edge, pretty much) :D
Old January 27th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Arashiyouko
Team Dominion

Nature: Careful
After a long history of glitches getting me insurmountably stuck in this game - first being no Ditto appearing on the sub, after which I spent two hours learning to use cheats on gpSPhone to make one appear, second being the stench of death stopping me in the Film University no matter what, which I used the trusty wall walking hax to pass, and finally my game getting stuck whenever I in-game save - discovered after I beat the Champion, and raged over for quite some time until I used cheats to walk around the logic breaking swimmer zombies guarding Lilycove Sewers - I have finally found one that is game breaking. For whatever reason, after killing Esau and talking with Birch and Blackthorn, the currents east of Pacifilog haven't disappeared and the Abandoned Mines haven't appeared. Is there any other way into the mines, like how Victory Road connects to Fort Draco, or alternatively is there any other way into Sootopolis? Hacks or not in either case. I have spent thirty six hours playing this game, and at least four or five looking up tutorials, cheats, and how to use said cheats to dodge otherwise insurmountable glitches, and I really don't want to stop playing this damned game unless there's no other way.

Hmm... I wonder if occasionally playing as the female character on games like these makes me, a male, count as a cross-dresser... probably not. Better safe than sorry though - RUN, SMALL [MINDED] CHILDREN, RUN!

Last edited by Arashiyouko; January 27th, 2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old January 30th, 2014, 07:44 PM
ryano9929

I've patched the game but it won't run on gpsphone on my iphone. No idea why considering most of the others work just fine. Any ideas how to fix this?
Old January 31st, 2014, 01:58 AM
Jonkbob

Hey there! PkMn Snakewood is a dope game with a nice story!

But I'm stuck somewhere...

I went down a waterfall (I think it was at route 115 or somewhere) and ends at the beginning near Oldale Town at Route 103... I can't go back to were I was before, to the other site of the waterfall. I went walking around the whole map and talking to everyone, but I'm still stuck.

Is there anything I can do? Or can someone tell me where I can get FLY or WATERFALL? That would be great.

Greets
Old February 2nd, 2014, 11:05 AM
Arashiyouko
Team Dominion

Does... does Cutlerine even still respond to posts here? O.o I've been forced to move on to other games and I really want to find out what happens in Snakewood. T.T

Hmm... I wonder if occasionally playing as the female character on games like these makes me, a male, count as a cross-dresser... probably not. Better safe than sorry though - RUN, SMALL [MINDED] CHILDREN, RUN!
Old February 2nd, 2014, 06:40 PM
obliviousOctavian

Hey there! PkMn Snakewood is a dope game with a nice story!

But I'm stuck somewhere...

I went down a waterfall (I think it was at route 115 or somewhere) and ends at the beginning near Oldale Town at Route 103... I can't go back to were I was before, to the other site of the waterfall. I went walking around the whole map and talking to everyone, but I'm still stuck.

Is there anything I can do? Or can someone tell me where I can get FLY or WATERFALL? That would be great.

Greets
As far as I can tell, you have to Surf all the way back around to Dewford, then Slateport, then Mauville...
Yep... alllll the way back around. :[

Quote:
After a long history of glitches getting me insurmountably stuck in this game - first being no Ditto appearing on the sub, after which I spent two hours learning to use cheats on gpSPhone to make one appear, second being the stench of death stopping me in the Film University no matter what, which I used the trusty wall walking hax to pass, and finally my game getting stuck whenever I in-game save - discovered after I beat the Champion, and raged over for quite some time until I used cheats to walk around the logic breaking swimmer zombies guarding Lilycove Sewers - I have finally found one that is game breaking. For whatever reason, after killing Esau and talking with Birch and Blackthorn, the currents east of Pacifilog haven't disappeared and the Abandoned Mines haven't appeared. Is there any other way into the mines, like how Victory Road connects to Fort Draco, or alternatively is there any other way into Sootopolis? Hacks or not in either case. I have spent thirty six hours playing this game, and at least four or five looking up tutorials, cheats, and how to use said cheats to dodge otherwise insurmountable glitches, and I really don't want to stop playing this damned game unless there's no other way.
There are never any currents where the Mines show up. My guess would be you're looking in the wrong location- go right from Pacifidlog, rather than left, and hug the top rock wall. At one point you'll hit a gap in the rocks where you can head back down and to the left a ways before going back up- it's really hard to spot. Before killing Esau, there's a swimmer there blocking the way, but he should have disappeared now. Hope this helps!

Last edited by obliviousOctavian; February 2nd, 2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old February 7th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Arashiyouko
Team Dominion

But to the right/east of Pacifilog there ARE currents, right below who I assume is the swimmer you're talking about, and when I used the walk through walls hack to go along the entire north side of routes 131 and 130, there was only a large spot that would be normally inaccessible of dark blue (nonfunctional) dive tiles. Is it in the code the Sky Pillar not appear until the Champion is beaten? It's been too long since I played Ruby, I can't remember.

Old February 8th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Pheonixking1994

It's a great game but i have ran into a serious issue that may make me stop playing. i am in lilycove at the market place run with all the zombies. well i beat it and it sent me to the dragon place and beat all that. only to realize he did not give me HM08 dive. and every now and then the zombies will show up again but ill beat like 2 levels and all the people dissapear. and the whole market is empty.long story short i cannot get the Hm08. i am stuck here and have been for a week. No matter what i do i cannot get the people at the top to reappear. is there anything that can fix this problem or what am i supposed to do??????
Old February 9th, 2014, 04:58 PM
blueskies555

I'm using this hack on my iPad2(using GBA) and when ever I have a battle with a trainer/zombie, it crashes. I have to save right before I battle or I would lose all my data...

Besides that, it's really really fun!
Old February 10th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Watcher

I don't normally post, but since I'm really loving this hack I thought I'd report a bug that has me literally stuck.

On the route between Fallarbor and the Falls there is a row of three berry bushes to the right of the house, just below an inquisition duo. After picking the middle berries and replanting one of them I have lost control of the character and - in hindsight quite foolishly - I saved the game there to see whether a restart would fix it.

Once again, though, great hack. I'm loving that you've managed to make a Pokemon game where the pokemon are almost incidental to the main storyline. The storyline itself is great too - really complex but perfect pacing, good balance of humour and seriousness and some really good NPCs.
Old February 10th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Aj Harold
The champ

Nature: Calm
Well, i like the idea and try to add more Unova pokemon to make it more exiting and what do you think about adding Mega Evolutions! We currently don't have any in GBA!
Old February 10th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Pheonixking1994

Honesty this could be a actual game. the "Sierra" hack isnt bad either. but seems like snakewood has some work to be done on it. great game i love it. but if i dont get some help i cant play it. Cant go on without HM08 Dive but game wont let me get it
Old February 11th, 2014, 06:37 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
I played through this hack again and the stroyline never ceases to blow me away ! i love the hidden evolutions ! especially poochyennas XD.It was a lot of fun ! i just wish this hack had DP/HGSS tiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj Harold View Post
Well, i like the idea and try to add more Unova pokemon to make it more exiting and what do you think about adding Mega Evolutions! We currently don't have any in GBA!
We have then in pokemon resolute and victory fire

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by slim spazzy; February 11th, 2014 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 19th, 2014, 07:50 AM
heather1992

Hello, first of all pokemon snakewood is a awesome hack

But...

Yeah I'm really stuck, I'm in fortree university and I got the visitor pass but professor Vercity is not in his office, and now I don't know what to do!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello, first of all pokemon snakewood is a awesome hack

But...

Yeah I'm really stuck, I'm in fortree university and I got the visitor pass but professor Vercity is not in his office, and now I don't know what to do!! PLEASE HELP!!!
Old February 28th, 2014, 08:54 PM
rivai

This game looks great! I found out about it via Tumblr and made an account here just to check it out. Wasn't sure if you specified in your original post, but is this game compatible on Mac, or should I open it up on Windows?

---
currently playing: pokemon x
「 friend code: 1392 • 5900 • 3309 」

Old March 3rd, 2014, 05:46 AM
Fewtger

Hey all,

Love the rom hack, can't stop playing! But I've encountered a problem I've encountered earlier in other GBA roms and rom hacks. In every gba rom, there is a certain area of the game where there is no background. My character appears to be walking on clouds (?). For this game, I just encountered it in the cave after beating Alicia in the desert.

In Fire Red it was Lavender Tower, as it was in the Pokemon My Ass-rom hack. In Pokemon emerald, it was the cavern underneath the eight gym's city.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Many thanks!
Old March 14th, 2014, 12:01 PM
godfather99x

I lost to dark lord senex and the zombies were gone and I found the cave thing where I fought Alicia and found the sub again and now im stuck in it what do I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here