The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2014, 12:40 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitelaserkhalif View Post
Yes, that's great.By the way The City which has lot of slowpokes around it is AZALEA TOWN.
Hehe
Thanks, but that was fixed a while ago :D

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old February 7th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Poke_Spirit

Very nice from you!, well I think you should make BW music for gba since it has the best pokemon soundtrack so far.
Old February 7th, 2014, 12:17 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke_Spirit View Post
Very nice from you!, well I think you should make BW music for gba since it has the best pokemon soundtrack so far.
It's really not the best but way ahead of you: http://www.romhack.me/black-patch

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old February 8th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Poke_Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
It's really not the best but way ahead of you: http://www.romhack.me/black-patch
Great!, I'm looking forward to it.
Old February 12th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
But where is Download Link for BW patch? I like them. And it can be good base for making great music.
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:13 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
I just posted the link

Old February 12th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
But there is not download link for it. Can you share it with me? I try make Pokemon XY Demake for GBA. So the Instrument from BW is much close for XY set.
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:49 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
But there is not download link for it. Can you share it with me? I try make Pokemon XY Demake for GBA. So the Instrument from BW is much close for XY set.
It's not ready yet for release to anyone. There are only a few songs in it, since the instruments take up lots of time and space.

Old April 9th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Durkadurk
Former lurker

Nature: Serious
A big thanks for this. ☺
Old April 9th, 2014, 11:48 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkadurk View Post
A big thanks for this. ☺
lol no problem at all
:D

Old May 21st, 2014, 01:29 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

MAJOR UPDATE
As you all know it's been a long time since there was an update. But the project is far from dead.
Today I announce that sometime this weekend (hopefully Friday) I will release the BIGGEST update ever.
Update includes:
  1. New songs ~ Including your beloved Team Rocket Battle
  2. Fixed instruments ~ No more bad looping
  3. Fixed Songs ~ No more crackling
  4. Extended Songtable ~ For more space and support
  5. 100% sound alikes ~ Songs you previously couldn't get much out of you now can
  6. No wasted space. 0. ~ All assembled in one click, from SoulSilver to FireRed. All automated, so no space is wasted at all.
  7. Compatibility for ROMs in progress

So if you can wait that long, I advise you do :D
Happy music everyone

Old May 21st, 2014, 02:53 PM
VV
ブラック

Send a message via Skype™ to VV
Quote:
MAJOR UPDATE
As you all know it's been a long time since there was an update. But the project is far from dead.
Today I announce that sometime this weekend (hopefully Friday) I will release the BIGGEST update ever.
Update includes:
  1. New songs ~ Including your beloved Team Rocket Battle
  2. Fixed instruments ~ No more bad looping
  3. Fixed Songs ~ No more crackling
  4. Extended Songtable ~ For more space and support
  5. 100% sound alikes ~ Songs you previously couldn't get much out of you now can
  6. No wasted space. 0. ~ All assembled in one click, from SoulSilver to FireRed. All automated, so no space is wasted at all.
  7. Compatibility for ROMs in progress

So if you can wait that long, I advise you do :D
Happy music everyone
Oh. Yes.. I'm counting on it Nice update! :o Good to know you're still working on this one as well (:
Old May 21st, 2014, 05:25 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.V View Post
Oh. Yes.. I'm counting on it Nice update! :o Good to know you're still working on this one as well (:
I was trying to finish this while I was sick.. Then I got better and boom Poketch was like "Hey work on me" so I did, and now I'm getting back to it.

Old May 23rd, 2014, 10:15 AM
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
Sounds great(lol, no word play intended). Especially compability with hacks in progress is really important to me :D

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old May 23rd, 2014, 01:42 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingCharizard View Post
Sounds great(lol, no word play intended). Especially compability with hacks in progress is really important to me :D
Stay tuned, expect the release in a few hours.

Last edited by GoGoJJTech; May 23rd, 2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2014, 07:30 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

LIVE BETA OUT
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u4jpafwev...ive%20Beta.rar
V5 is now out, feel free to test it out, let me know if you hear that dreaded crackling, or errors. The only thing that's wrong with it now is the intro theme, but that's something I'd have to leave for later ;D

Old May 25th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Mikekillkill
Musket Marine

Nature: Hasty
This is the best hack i've ever seen... you deserve a medal...
Old May 25th, 2014, 10:06 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekillkill View Post
This is the best hack i've ever seen... you deserve a medal...
lol it's not really a hack. It's a rombase that you can make a hack on top of.

Old May 26th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Kakarot1212
Awesome as always...

Nature: Naughty
This...is..GREAT! LOL
I've been waiting for so long for this since I suck at music hacking. :D
Good job on this gogo!
Anyway, is it near to completion?

楓 弘詩
“ Programs must be written for people
to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute. ”
Pair Pair | Facebook | Showdown | PHO | Twitter
| The Prediction Game |
Old May 26th, 2014, 06:43 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakarot1212 View Post
This...is..GREAT! LOL
I've been waiting for so long for this since I suck at music hacking. :D
Good job on this gogo!
Anyway, is it near to completion?
Yes it is :D
V5 is basically a few songs short, but you can use it since there's really no battle themes left or anything important. Some areas such as caves aren't done, because I don't really find much time anymore with full blown hacks going :D

Old June 6th, 2014, 05:13 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

yissssssssssssssssssssssss GB PLAYER IS IN

Old June 11th, 2014, 01:59 PM
RioluFan4000

I don't get how to do this. In the text file it says copy the contents of build.bin to pokemon fire red to offset 1000000 but how am i going to put the WHOLE bin file into ONE offset
Im new to hex editing
Old June 11th, 2014, 02:01 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioluFan4000 View Post
I don't get how to do this. In the text file it says copy the contents of build.bin to pokemon fire red to offset 1000000 but how am i going to put the WHOLE bin file into ONE offset
Im new to hex editing
You copy it
you put it at 1000000
the build.bin isn't 1 byte, it's a ton so you put them there.

Old June 12th, 2014, 07:45 AM
RioluFan4000

yes it worked, but a theme you forgot to change is the oak theme, also the intro has no music

two problems with emerald version
1. rival theme is missing
2. littleroot towns theme turns into the champion theme when outside but new bark inside

Last edited by hashtag; June 12th, 2014 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Double post
Old June 12th, 2014, 11:28 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
yes it worked, but a theme you forgot to change is the oak theme, also the intro has no music

two problems with emerald version
1. rival theme is missing
2. littleroot towns theme turns into the champion theme when outside but new bark inside
I'm not in charge of Emerald, hopefully I can get in touch with the creator and take over using the new method lol
And this:
Quote:
but a theme you forgot to change is the oak theme
Not all songs are in.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links