The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 6th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Hell this gallery is freakin awesome. Just everything about it is awesome. My god you're professional at this stuff. You should sell these as prints and you'll be minting money XD. That's how awesome they look.

Honestly man, I'm at a loss of words. Your inking style just bombs through everything and your digitals aren't much too far away. You've been doing this for... what, architectural design? Your skills have really shown good taste and I suppose you'll be doing this for more time? I simply wuv your art and the detail you've put in your inks is awesome. You seem to be really good at lineworks, too! I don't see any place where you fall behind, either.

I see that you make fakemon designs as well! Skipping from the fire starter to the latest one you've made, I see a lot of variety in your designs and honestly the colours and lineart are stunning.
Old January 30th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Nature: Modest
THREAD REVIVAL!

Whew! It's been a while. Due to a certain typhoon that hit my country last november I haven't been able to update, so yeah here's a digital painting I made so I could necrobump lol

I got PHP350 (around $8) for making this. Cheap eh?
Old January 30th, 2014, 02:39 PM
21Seth21

Nature: Jolly
Cool, so we are in the same country, eh? Anyways, liked your arts especially in the first page that has many pokemons such as Happy LC Friends, made me laugh while its still early

[/sig-reason]
Old January 31st, 2014, 02:21 AM
derozio
My ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
This. ****. Is. SO. COOL.

You know why I hadn't posted in this gallery before now? Because any comment I'd have made would've been useless. There's so many good works in there and I have so much to say on each one of them but being tied to my mobile prevents me from doing so. This gallery deserves more than a simple comment like the one I'm typing now, I know, but screw it. Can't hold back anymore.

Big, big fan of the artwork of the girl in your avatar and most of your ragnarok art. They look so damn great, wow. And I really, really wouldn't blame those fellow players of yours. Your illustration of your in game chara is just drop dead gorgeous - would easily sway some hearts.

What I like the most about your works is that you have a distinct style. It stands out a lot from the generic stuff I see around the net and that's just impressive. Also, your knowledge on anatomy and creativity when it comes to fakémon is just sugoi. ;____; I'm envious of your skills, man. Really.

Also, great idea about photocopying works. I have seen that inking/marking sometimes end up making my original work look worse if I mess up on it. And makes my time spent futile. Photocopying would solve that problem, give me multiple attempts to do a perfect job and help me practise as well. Thank you for that!

Really looking forward to seeing more of your non-pokémon works. Because as excellent and creative your fakémon are, I personally prefer seeing artwork of people. :p
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:29 AM
Sider

Nature: Timid
The region itself you've created is absolutely beautiful. The fakemon on top of it makes it all the more better. You're truely blessed with an undeniable gift. Thanks for sharing!

3DS Friend Code: 3668-9185-5171 Add and send PM please!

Native Vivillon Pattern:

Certified "Keeper of TRUTH" see post #5 in my shop

Elements and Sider's Ultimate Trade Shop

Sider's Trader Review =]
Old February 4th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Seth21 View Post
Cool, so we are in the same country, eh? Anyways, liked your arts especially in the first page that has many pokemons such as Happy LC Friends, made me laugh while its still early
Oh hi there kababayan! Glad that you enjoyed my artwork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sider View Post
The region itself you've created is absolutely beautiful. The fakemon on top of it makes it all the more better. You're truly blessed with an undeniable gift. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! If only I could draw as fast as I could think up the fakemons though... I currently have planned a fakedex composed of 154 fakemons but I've only drawn like 13 of them lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
This. ****. Is. SO. COOL.

You know why I hadn't posted in this gallery before now? Because any comment I'd have made would've been useless. There's so many good works in there and I have so much to say on each one of them but being tied to my mobile prevents me from doing so. This gallery deserves more than a simple comment like the one I'm typing now, I know, but screw it. Can't hold back anymore.

Big, big fan of the artwork of the girl in your avatar and most of your ragnarok art. They look so damn great, wow. And I really, really wouldn't blame those fellow players of yours. Your illustration of your in game chara is just drop dead gorgeous - would easily sway some hearts.

What I like the most about your works is that you have a distinct style. It stands out a lot from the generic stuff I see around the net and that's just impressive. Also, your knowledge on anatomy and creativity when it comes to fakémon is just sugoi. ;____; I'm envious of your skills, man. Really.

Also, great idea about photocopying works. I have seen that inking/marking sometimes end up making my original work look worse if I mess up on it. And makes my time spent futile. Photocopying would solve that problem, give me multiple attempts to do a perfect job and help me practise as well. Thank you for that!

Really looking forward to seeing more of your non-pokémon works. Because as excellent and creative your fakémon are, I personally prefer seeing artwork of people. :p
Oh my. Thanks for the wonderful comments! I really appreciate it. I kinda miss drawing anime-style humans too since the most recent works I've done are either pokémon or realism. Next time I'll probably draw some OC's for a change
Old February 13th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Here's an attempt on a pseudolegend fakemon line. Introducing Aspoxin, Galviper and Drasilikos!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old February 17th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Incursio

Nature: Sassy
Dear lord. That Ludicolo piece is absolutely stunning :O
And that Cloyster with the rape face is damn badass.
And dat region. Too much detail :O This is game-worthy already.

Seriously man, you got some mad talent. *drools*

P.S. Poison/Steel with Levitate? That's like, only fire weakness :O
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:11 AM
21Seth21

Wow, great artwork especially the recent one.. Mmmmmm <3

[/sig-reason]
Old February 21st, 2014, 06:35 AM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Thanks Incursio and 21Seth21! :D

I finally completed all my starter pokemon and put them in templates

Presenting
Lillibud, Felotus and Sacreflora
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Crotyke, Lavatara and Komolten
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Dolfby, Fervorca and Valorca
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old February 23rd, 2014, 11:35 PM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

So uh, here's another fakemon that I drew a while ago. Some of you might recognize it as the winning fakemon entry in PC's 1st fakemon contest

Reintroducing Devlux :D
Old February 24th, 2014, 03:44 AM
21Seth21

Wow
Such....
No words can express my feelings from those arts.. Make me jealous but still. GJ

[/sig-reason]
Old February 25th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Quote:
Wow
Such....
No words can express my feelings from those arts.. Make me jealous but still. GJ
You don't have to be jealous lol, I'm sure you can do these too ^__^b
------------------------------------
Another update of fakemon. (Oh dear, all I've done lately is fakemon @_@)
These are my fakedex project's cutemon legendaries

Presenting Sahrafi
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old February 25th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Fairy
believe

Gosh Magistrum, I love the different mythologies and lore you pull into your fakemon. I just adore your style. It's not "Sugimori" at all, but it's so uniquely you and it reads so, so well.
pixel joint x friend code x dream address
Old February 27th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
Gosh Magistrum, I love the different mythologies and lore you pull into your fakemon. I just adore your style. It's not "Sugimori" at all, but it's so uniquely you and it reads so, so well.
Thanks Fairy! I dunno, maybe because I did a higher 120ish character limit for pokedex entries compared to the standard pokedex entries? I could explain plenty with that limit after all

I'll lay off from the cutemons for a bit. Time for a creepy mon >:D
Inspired by the Iron Maiden torture device, I present to you Virgrim!
Spoiler:

Last edited by Magistrum; March 10th, 2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 11:16 PM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Aaaand back to cutemons again

Introducing Sylphleece!
Spoiler:
Old March 4th, 2014, 12:44 AM
21Seth21

GJ! Hey, I know, you should put a tutorial :0

[/sig-reason]
Old March 4th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Quote:
GJ! Hey, I know, you should put a tutorial :0
Thanks Seth! Hmm I dunno about that... I kinda deviate, even if a little bit, between my artworks. (and am too lazy to make a tutorial, not to mention I suck at explaining lol) I do flats, digital painting, cellshade, and in-between, so... >.<
--------------------------------------------------------
Here's my mandatory rock-type cavemons based upon the Pawn, Rook, and King Chess pieces
Introducing Stalacrumb, Stalacore and Stalakarn!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old March 4th, 2014, 09:45 PM
The Dark Avenger
The Flyest Avenger

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrum View Post
Thanks Seth! Hmm I dunno about that... I kinda deviate, even if a little bit, between my artworks. (and am too lazy to make a tutorial, not to mention I suck at explaining lol) I do flats, digital painting, cellshade, and in-between, so... >.<
--------------------------------------------------------
Here's my mandatory rock-type cavemons based upon the Pawn, Rook, and King Chess pieces
Introducing Stalacrumb, Stalacore and Stalakarn!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
These sure are elegant and interesting designs with the chesspiece cave-dwelling species. The color choice is excellent as well. I get a hint of charade from Soul Caliber with the eye; very ominous! I am doing a card-suit and chess motif, ie, queen of hearts. But, where I am taking two common concepts as inspiration, you really have tested out a theme of your own creation!

That grass starter final evolution is to die for.
Old March 6th, 2014, 11:10 PM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Thanks The Dark Avenger! Hmm i haven't played Soul Caliber, but I actually thought Stalakarn kinda resembles Senketsu from Kill La Kill lol Also yeah I really like Sacreflora :D
--------------------------------------
Next up is a cassowary line :D
First up is kind of a parody to a certain game Introducing Grouchick!
Spoiler:

Its evolution is inspired by Mel Gibson's facepaint in his Braveheart movie Here's Cass-o-war!
Spoiler:
Old March 6th, 2014, 11:26 PM
21Seth21

I like how you make the fakemons but the first one is weird lmao the feet is too big, 2big4me but the 2nd one is gorgeous, bravo!

[/sig-reason]
Old March 7th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Well I wanted to give emphasis on it being a "kicker" bird, since kicks are the only fighting moves it'll be able to use. And considering we have disproportionate weirdos like diggersby, I think it's not much of a problem lol
Old June 20th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Pokemon Regulus Spreadsheet

^ I decided to encode the fakemon data that I'm planning on this link. So far most of these are still incomplete and/or subject to change, but the spreadsheet mostly includes:
- 154 planned fakemon (165 if different formes are included) with movepool data in-progress
- 10 proposed mega evos
- A separate spreadsheet with info on potential location/catch methods in accordance with the Tervari Map
- "Trainerdex" that has the team rosters of the main characters of the story
- Over 20 custom abilities
- Over 50 custom moves, 20 of which are available in TM-like items called NM's (Native Machines)
- Over 60 custom items

And of course, a few fakemons to go with it:
Flaschemy, a fakemon based on the alchemical being, Homunculus:
Spoiler:

and Cellectro, a fakemon based on batteries!
Spoiler:

Old June 20th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Peter Quill
Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw

Nature: Quiet
Wow. I've checked your dA since some of the pics on the thread won't load. Everything I've seen is awesome.

Your Ragnarok artwork looks awesome. I really liked the style you used for the characters. That Warlock girl is awesome.

Your Fakemon designs are also awesome. The style you used for them is distinct. I also loved reading the Dex entries, some have really great lore incorporated into them. Drasilikos, Cellectro, Flaschemy, Sylphleece, Virgrim and Sahrafi are just some of my favorites in terms of design. But they all look awesome.

More power to you and your art! Mabuhay!

Louiecario in Miiverse | Click Kyogre to visit my gallery!
Old June 20th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Oh, right... For some reason, Imageshack thought it was fun to dick around and my account had its images corrupted. I'm gonna upload them to my imgur instead once I got time.

Thanks for the comments, kababayan!

Last edited by Magistrum; June 20th, 2014 at 10:02 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links