Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page Sparkling Gems: The Hoenn Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 24th, 2014 (05:04 PM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
Do you prefer Beautifly or Dustox? Why?

I probably don't have to explain myself much. :) Dustox isn't too bad but not only am I not a fan of moths but I think Beautifly has a much more appealing design. I adore the butterfly Pokemon and loved her ever since her debut in the Hoenn saga of the anime.

Tried training one several times across my playthroughs in R/S/E, too. Was hard since she isn't the strongest (and no STAB for her draining moves sigh) but still fun.
Old February 2nd, 2014 (09:40 AM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Sheep:
Do you prefer Beautifly or Dustox? Why?

I probably don't have to explain myself much. Dustox isn't too bad but not only am I not a fan of moths but I think Beautifly has a much more appealing design. I adore the butterfly Pokemon and loved her ever since her debut in the Hoenn saga of the anime.

Tried training one several times across my playthroughs in R/S/E, too. Was hard since she isn't the strongest (and no STAB for her draining moves sigh) but still fun.
I totally agree, Beautifly looks quite elegant. It's colorful patterns bring life to any team you may have. It doesn't have much use beside contests though.......... It does absolutely no extreme damage, due to which it has siimply no use on my team. But Dustox is even more unappealing. Call me anything you want but I DO judge Pokemon by their appearance..........

By XVaporeon!
Click on the banner above to be redirected to the Dragon Pokemon Club!
All lovers of Dragon Pokemon welcome

Old February 2nd, 2014 (04:01 PM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

The club has been pretty inactive lately, so I'm starting off a new topic to give it a boost. :] When playing R/S/E, which character did you choose? May or Brendan? Why did you choose them? What did you name them? Go wild, guys!
Old February 3rd, 2014 (09:58 AM).
The One and Only

Quote originally posted by Nymphadora:
The club has been pretty inactive lately, so I'm starting off a new topic to give it a boost. :] When playing R/S/E, which character did you choose? May or Brendan? Why did you choose them? What did you name them? Go wild, guys!
Brenden, cause im a guy. and i named him after myself, which is what i usually do.

Ongoing Challenges:

SoulSilver(8/16)
Old February 16th, 2014 (12:12 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Username: Purplefire
Nickname: purple
Partner Pokémon: shuppet
Why do you want to join?: emerald was my first pokemon game and its region will all way have a special place in my heart
Answer a topic: treeko is my favorite. Its not the most hyped of the three and I am a fan of the grass starters. I also like its move set and the way the pokemon and its evos where in the anime
Old February 16th, 2014 (03:57 PM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

When playing R/S/E, which character did you choose? May or Brendan?
I chose May in Ruby, and named her after myself, Ashley. In Pokémon Emerald, though, I chose Brendan. Not really sure what I ended up naming him, but I think it started with the letter L. I'm guessing it could be Landon. d:
Old March 16th, 2014 (04:45 PM).
Because reasons.

Nature: Quiet
Username: (Your Pokecommunity username.): Merak
Nickname: (Do you want to be called by another name in the club? Leave blank if not.)
Partner Pokémon: (Pick one Basic, non-legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation III.): Mudkip.
Why do you want to join?: (Why do you want to join this club?): Hoenn is my favorite region, plus its got things no other region has.
Answer a topic: Answer one of our current topics.
To answer a recent topic: I chose Brendan because I'm male. I remember seeing that the rival from my sister's Sapphire was the same person that could be chosen as the player character, so I chose to name him Brendon(spelled it wrong, I mistook the 'a' for 'o' haha). The name's stuck ever since, so I've named all my (main) playthrough characters Brendon.
Also my favorite Hoenn pokemon is swampert. I've got a nice level100 swampert from my very first Ruby playthrough. X)

Also I hope I didn't have a math error when checking this thread, its been inactive for about 28 or 29 days, and if I remember right the limit is 30. lol Didn't wanna revive an dead thread.

Credit for the userbar goes to xVaporeon; credit for the avatar goes to Snakeyem12.
Old March 17th, 2014 (09:27 PM).
It has to be this way

Nature: Lax
Oh my gosh gen 3 club. Totally in!

Username: Lil MuDkiP849
Nickname: (blank)
Partner Pokémon: Ahh, mudkips claimed ;( Hmm...guess I'll go with Beldum ;P

Why do you want to join?: I love Hoenn! I never thought I would before playing Emerald, but it's really an amazing game to pass time with. Talking to others who share the same love for these games is a real treat in my book.

Answer a topic: Of all places in the Hoenn region, which is your most favorite?- The Battle Frontier! Gonna try and go for all the gold medals in my Emerald once I finish up my Leaf Green file to give more Kanto pokes to my Emerald =)
Old March 18th, 2014 (04:55 PM).
Because reasons.

I never had Emerald, only Ruby. But hey, that's enough for me(for now). I still wish I had Emerald though haha.
Also wish I had two GBAs and a link cable to use, then I could trade and stuff. :) That'd be great.

Credit for the userbar goes to xVaporeon; credit for the avatar goes to Snakeyem12.
Old March 18th, 2014 (07:11 PM).
It has to be this way

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Merak:
I never had Emerald, only Ruby. But hey, that's enough for me(for now). I still wish I had Emerald though haha.
Also wish I had two GBAs and a link cable to use, then I could trade and stuff. That'd be great.
I have Link Cables, as well as GBA -> Gamecube cables to transfer pokes over to Colosseum/XD...it is so satisfying doing that since those games offer *lots* of play options with transferred pokes =)
Old March 18th, 2014 (07:46 PM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
Nono! Don't die, beautiful club!

When playing R/S/E, which character did you choose? May or Brendan?

May. :D I was a girl and liked her design so yeah. Though I'm still not the biggest fan of her overworld sprite since it looks like her pouch is her behind and it's curved upwards, haha. But I play as my own gender as it's most comfortable for me so I wouldn't let a small sprite oddity convince me otherwise.
Old March 19th, 2014 (02:21 PM).
Because reasons.

I remember how one time a few years back, my sister and I got into this random little debate on whether Brendan had white hair or If that was just a hat. lol
We settled on 'hat', haha.

Also I agree, May's design was good, though I never noticed that little pouch oddity you mentioned(then agai I never paid too much attention to small details like that XD )

Old March 20th, 2014 (04:15 PM).

Nature: Calm
Username: AoTora
Nickname: Ao
Partner Pokémon: Zangoose
Why do you want to join?: Gen 3 was my first pokemon game I played (Emerald) so therefor it's one of my top three gens

Do you prefer Beautifly or dustox? I like Beautifly a little bit more because I like it's design- I am not really big fan of moths in real life so therefor I don't really like Dustox.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old March 27th, 2014 (05:21 PM).
Because reasons.

Welcome to the club, Ao~

I think it might be time for a new topic(if its not, then somebody should probably let me know. lol)

There was originally supposed to be a feature in the daycare that would allow a pokemon to receive mail from a traded pokemon while in the daycare.(Link here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Ruby_and_Sapphire_beta)
So what do you guys think? Should this feature have made it through into the final release instead of being scrapped?

Old March 27th, 2014 (10:26 PM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

I don't know, probably not. I mean, not many people actually use these stuff, do they? So what would be the point? d: If you're wanting to communicate with whoever you're trading with, you could do it face-to-face. You're using a link cable, so they're right next to you. Haha.
Old March 28th, 2014 (01:56 PM).
Because reasons.

Hmm, good point.
Still, I just think it would have been a neat feature. Nothing really too significant but it wouldn't have hurt to have it in.

Old March 29th, 2014 (05:44 PM). Edited March 29th, 2014 by Ascendashogun.

Nature: Calm
Username: AscendaShogun

Nickname: Benji

Partner Pokémon: Lotad Lotad_NB.gif

Why do you want to join?: My first pokemon game was Ruby and to this day i still own my OG copy. When I rediscovered my SP and Ruby, I found I had WELL over 400 hours logged...somewhere near 460...and a 100% pokedex and National dex (thanks to my brother 100%ing FireRed and HOURS of trade logging!) Hoenn

Answer a topic: Out of all the Pokemon introduced in Gen 3, which types do you think had the best Pokemon? I'm torn between the dark and grass/water types...I loooooove Poochyena as much as i love Lotad...but demons like Sharpedo and Absol...unf!

FINALLY GOT A 3DS! 1650-3226-1535

www.ThatNismoKid.tumblr.com
www.youtube.com/0synysterboy0
Old April 4th, 2014 (02:02 PM).
Because reasons.

Welcome AscendaShogun!

I've still got my original Ruby, I think. (if its not mine then its probably a copy that belonged to my brother or sister). Unfortunately, my original save file is looong gone. :(
But at least I've still got like 11 or so of my pokemon from that first file. :D

And I was never a big fan of pokemon like lotad or seedot. I really like ralts though--I remember encountering my first ralts just after the capture event/tutorial. Alas, that ralts was not one of my transferred pokemon. Ah well. :P

Old April 4th, 2014 (05:27 PM).
You can do it! ☆彡

Nature: Jolly
Hello!

Username: sweets
Nickname:
Partner Pokémon: Mawile
Why do you want to join?: Gen 3 is very special to me, I think I might have raved about it here before (or another forum), but I love the music, the region itself, the Pokemon, the unique quirks of towns like Fortree or Pacifidlog Town. It rules.
Answer a topic: Dustox or Beautifly? Well I think Beautifly is cuter, but I had a Dustox on my team once that I grew attached to. It wasn't the most powerful but it surprised me and helped me out when I found myself in touch spots. So Dustox was an acquired taste for me.
Old April 4th, 2014 (05:36 PM).
Because reasons.

Quote originally posted by sweets:
Hello!

Username: sweets
Nickname:
Partner Pokémon: Mawile
Why do you want to join?: Gen 3 is very special to me, I think I might have raved about it here before (or another forum), but I love the music, the region itself, the Pokemon, the unique quirks of towns like Fortree or Pacifidlog Town. It rules.
Answer a topic: Dustox or Beautifly? Well I think Beautifly is cuter, but I had a Dustox on my team once that I grew attached to. It wasn't the most powerful but it surprised me and helped me out when I found myself in touch spots. So Dustox was an acquired taste for me.
Hey!

I forget if I said this when I joined but gen III is special to me too. I always loved the Hoenn region the most. :D
If anybody says it wasn't unique I'll defend the Hoenn region(that region was pretty dang unique, haha!).

Also nice choice of partner pokemon. ^^ I've always found mawile pretty appealing(by which I mean both cool and cute~(especially cute)).

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links