The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 14th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Sheep
foxy foxy whats it gonna be

Nature: Timid
Username: Sheep
What is the Pokemon that you've bred that you are most proud of?: My modest 31/x/31/31/31/31 Manectric, probably. Oh, and the shiny Gastly I hatched a few weeks ago!
Partner Pokemon (Up to three, nicknames permitted): Whimsicott, Mareep, Emolga

Trophy Pokemon (Read introduction for details): My Manectric! He may not be shiny but he is strong and awesome. He's my mega evolution in X and packs a punch when I use him.. him having the ability to learn Flamethrower sure helps out a lot too.

What is the Pokemon that you've bred that took the longest time/most effort?
I'm trying to breed nicely-IVed Litleos and am still not done. :( It's been taking weeks but that's because I want a male one with Unnerve and the chances of a boy hatching are 25%.. agh. Well, eventually I'll get there and it gives me things to do.

Not sure if I have time to participate in the breeding project yet but we'll see when my exams end!
Old December 14th, 2013, 12:18 PM
kanakinz.
- - just another pokébreeder

Hi Sheep! Wow, congrats on hatching a shiny gastly! I'm absolutely in love with mega shiny gengar. The white looks crazy incredible.

Thanks Miau Ooh, I watched that as well! It's so adorably cute. Haha, and I do that so many times as well! I'm distracted so easily. d: Wow, congrats! That's pretty lucky for your first hatch! I ended up doing my little Inkay/Malamar Project. I used a Froakie with 5ivs as the father and it took me less than 10 minutes to get a female Adamant Inkay with Contrary with 5ivs as well. I tried breeding them together for the next few hours in hopes of getting a flawless inkay, but that didn't work. I'll probably throw the parents back in later, after I've done other breeding projects. But I took some offspring from the froakie/inkay and got my 31|31|31|x|31|31 female inkay with contrary.

Thanks YZN! Congrats on the Psyduck! Cool egg moves. Lol.

I like the blue/pink idea. I would try for a shiny dratini. I love how its pink! It bothers me so much that shiny dragonite is green -___- Personally, I would like to do a project thats kind of holiday-winter related. Maybe I'll try breeding some type of ice pokemon. Any suggestions?

Kanakinz3625-9205-2604
[ Clubs: breeders club & trainers association ]

Old December 14th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Tek
Pokéggs and Bacon
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by _espeon View Post
I used a Froakie with 5ivs as the father and it took me less than 10 minutes to get a female Adamant Inkay with Contrary with 5ivs as well.
Arrgh... So jealous of gen 6 breeding mechanics. 4v is the best I can hope for even with a full on ditto ranch and hours of time. But I like this idea of breeding an ice type. I've decided to devote my Saturday mornings to breeding since I want to spend less time playing video games in my life generally.

And welcome to sheep. I don't have admitting privileges but welcome anyhow :]

Old December 14th, 2013, 04:00 PM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
YZN, Psyduck definitely fits the bill (pun intended). My boyfriend was asking me the other day how come Psyduck isn't a Psychic-type, and I just told him that he doesn't have native psychic powers, he just has headaches

Jokes aside, yeah, breeding got a lot easier in gen 6, so I have to say that you did a great job with your Psyduck, congrats!

Sheep, welcome to the club! Wow, Mega Manectric looks so cool, I really need to go hunt for the mega stones, I don't know if I'll ever use even a few of them, but I wanna collect them all because they look like marbles. Oh but I didn't know Litleo was a mostly female species, what gives?

Kana, thanks, and congrats on your Inkay as well! It's one of my favorite gen 6 Pokemon, I used Baudelaire the Malamar♂ in my playthrough, and he was great! Now, there aren't any official sources, these are just my calculations, but if you're going for flawless, I think you're looking at a 1/192 rate with both parents with 5 perfect IVs and missing the same IV, a.i. 1/6 rate to have the undesired stat not passed down, and 1/32 rate to get a perfect IV in that stat. So about 6-7 boxes, but it could take less or more than that of course.

So guys, I kept breeding some Helioptile this afternoon, and well, let me introduce you to my very first MM shiny !!1!one!

sorry for bad quality, oh and for the record, I can't wink my left eye
so he was so sad after this, and it kinda breaks my heart, that's why I hate the stupid face game

His name is Heinz - yeah, like the ketchup. Timid, Dry Skin, x/x/31/31/31/31, HP Dragon. I can't believe I got so lucky today, I'm probably going to have horrible luck for while

Oh and I also have an extra 5IV male, missing Atk, Timid, Dry Skin if anyone wants to take him, yup.

Last edited by MIAU; December 15th, 2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old December 14th, 2013, 09:04 PM
kanakinz.

I didn't breed in any of the other gens I guess I waited until it got easy lol. I'm gonna go back and restart some old games that I've had, so maybe I can attempt? Might be difficult this it is easier in gen vi. Lol.

So the parents need to be missing the same iv? Oops, see. I was doing parents with different spreads. I'll definitely give it a try later on, looks to me like it takes some patience and luck. But not impossible. So that's good.

Oh my goodness! OuO I'm super jealous!! Congrats on Heinz, hes really cute! Hehe. And pretty good ivs, you are sooo lucky. I'm not as lucky when it comes to MM. I spent ageeeeees on trying for a shiny mawile through MM. I gave up.

By the way I completely know what you mean with that game. It frustrates me when it doesn't recognize my face. My pokes get so sad and its so heartbreaking and after I tried literally 15 times in a row and it wouldnt recognize my face tilted I gave up on that game forever.

Now working on Goodra/Goomy. Not feeling too lucky as I keep getting 1-2 ivs when the parents have 4 and 3. Wah.

Kanakinz3625-9205-2604

Old December 15th, 2013, 01:47 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

I started breeding in gen 5, just as an experiment when I found out about the mechanics. I actually was lucky enough to get 3 perfect IVs on one of my very first babies, a Bashful Growlithe, 00/26/31/31/27/31 - well, awful HP, but this little guy made me think, hey, this isn't so hard... I never got past 2 perfect IVs afterwards

Thank you! I always try to use parents from different languages, just in case I get that lucky. This time I didn't even know what shiny Helioptile looked like, so it was such a nice surprise, I'm glad he isn't alien green like other shinies o.O

Good luck with your Goomy! Try Wonder Trading those babies, people often WT theirs too, so you can get some nice Pokemon. I still have a box of 3-4 IVs Helioptile, and two boxes of 3-4 IVs Staryu, but I think I'll put Rare Candy and stones and stuff on those and WT them closer to Christmas, since they kinda fit with them being stars, hehe.
Old December 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
PhantomWolf

Username: PhantomWolf

What is the Pokemon that you've bred that you are most proud of?: I have not bred any pokemon that im proud of...yet
Partner Pokemon (Up to three, nicknames permitted): Bluey (Shiny Nidoking), Pumpkin Pie (Shiny Zigzagoon
Trophy Pokemon (Read introduction for details): none
Answer to the Current Topic:
Will you participate in the current Pokemon Group Breeding Project? If so, give details if details for project are required: no

I am new to breeding so... hi!
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:02 PM
kanakinz.

Hi Phantomwolf! I'm Kana. Welcome! Breeding has become an addiction for me, lol. What kind of pokemons have you bred so far?

My projects right now are:
- Trying again to MM a Shiny Mawile. (I did about 2 boxes but I'm taking another break becuase it took me almost forever to get a male with 5ivs and I'm tired of mawiles lol)
- Careful Trevenant with Natural Cure
- Calm Flabebe (that male 5iv mawile should help here lol).

Kanakinz3625-9205-2604

Old December 30th, 2013, 01:46 PM
PhantomWolf

I have bred a nearly flawless gastly....multiple times. Right now I'm not sure what to breed next...

Edited because I don't like how the bergmites are doing...

ALSO! I found a iv probability calculator here: http://destinyknot.tk

Last edited by PhantomWolf; December 30th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM
kanakinz.

Congrats on your gastly

That probability calculator looks like it'll be useful, thanks! I'm going to bookmark it lol.

My Phantump is pretty close to being done. I have a 4iv father and 3iv mother in the daycare. 2 of the IVs are the same so I'm just hoping that one with 5iv pops out of one of these eggs. Or at least a female with 4iv's that'll give me the desired spread I need in the babies. Lol

Kanakinz3625-9205-2604

Old January 10th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Tek
Pokéggs and Bacon
Community Supporter

I've fallen behind on my weekly breeding project (as well as a number of other things). However, tonight I will breed a Swablu.
I will post the results when I'm finished. Which may be as late as tomorrow evening, so don't hold your breath. You will lose consciousness and fall down.

UPDATE: the Swablu is nearly ready! The mother has been bred and I'm leveling up the father right now. It may be a couple days until the father is ready since I've got to get it to Lv 49. I'm attaching an image of the breeding chain now. No incest this time, woohoo!

So, are there any breeding projects that y'all are working on? Did you hatch a shiny Mawile yet, kanakinz?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg‎ (868.2 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Tek; January 12th, 2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old January 11th, 2014, 04:54 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Good luck with your Swablu! I've fallen behind on breeding as well, nothing new since the Helioptile project sadly.

I do want to breed a Pokemon for a friend's birthday though; apart from favorites, what do you guys think would make a good gift to breed for? Like what would you like to receive?
Old January 11th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Tek
Pokéggs and Bacon
Community Supporter

Starters would be a solid choice, either just one or a set of three from a region. Depending on how much time you wanna spend, you could add in egg moves or shinies.

Old January 14th, 2014, 05:46 PM
kanakinz.

I've been a little busy, so my projects have also (lol) been on hold. I finished my Trevenant actually. Careful with 5IVs (forgot if I left out attack or sp.attack). During this process I got really lucky and hatched a shiny! Not sure if I'll use him though.

My shiny mawile refuses to come out, YZN. Lol. But some of the males are perfect for breeding my flabebe. My hours at work are slowing down, so I should be able to find the time.

As for what to breed Miau, I also agree on the starters idea. Who doesn't love at least one of the starters? Depending on who you're sending to, cute pokemon could be an idea too. I for one love my cute pokemon ^-^ But thats just me lol

Kanakinz3625-9205-2604

Old January 15th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Tek
Pokéggs and Bacon
Community Supporter

Hm yeah shinies are tough to hatch. I haven't hatched one since gen II LOL.

I have an idea for a new topic! Which pokemon do you use to keep your eggs warm and why? I use a Magby in HG that I got from the pokewalker. Why? So I didn't have to go and catch another pokemon! :] Also I think it's neater to have a Magby follow me around rather than a Slugma.

Old January 16th, 2014, 09:25 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

I'm on the Talonflame bandwagon. Flame Body + Fly = WIN. My Talonflame, Fournier, is male though, so it's pretty funny when you think about it, I don't know if there are any bird species in real life where the male hatches eggs too

I didn't breed much in gen 5, but I remember using Litwick, which is rather odd now that I think about it, since they're supposed so leech off the life force of those around it, so...

And thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll see what I can think of and post about how it went afterwards
Old January 24th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Tek
Pokéggs and Bacon
Community Supporter

Talonflame is winning as an egg hatcher, for sure. And I didn't know that about Litwick, makes me worried about my eggs on White version

I'm still leveling up that Hoothoot, but the dream-eating Swablu IS on its way...

Also I maed a breeding challenge! It's in the challenges forum lol.

Old January 25th, 2014, 04:33 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Your challenge looks great, YZN, I actually never used a bred Pokemon before the E4, so it would definitely be something new for me to try! I won't be signing up right away though, as I have a couple of challenges in progress right now.

Anyway, I think I should share my latest project: I'm breeding for shiny right now! It's the first time I'm trying the MM deliberately, not just IV breeding with foreign parents for that odd chance, so wish me luck! I kinda need it too, I have 6 full boxes right now, and still no shiny...

I won't reveal what the mother is, since it's supposed to be a surprise, but the father is a 5IV Italian Bulbasaur -- well, now a level 50+ Venusaur from all the time spent it the daycare! The person I got it from wanted a 5IV Storm Drain male Shellos that I bred for him from a Friend Safari Gastrodon and a 3IV Froakie. The full process in the spoiler, I had fun making that pic~
Spoiler:

Old January 25th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Tek
Pokéggs and Bacon
Community Supporter

Good luck on the shiny! MM odds are better but not great. And those are nice IVs on that Shellos, too.

You don't have to tell me if I'm right, but I'm going to guess who the mother is for your current project. Bulbasaur is in the monster and grass groups. So my poke-breeding intuition tells me... It's either Abamasnow (winter poke) or Cherrim (cutie pie).

Old February 1st, 2014, 12:09 PM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Hehe, it's Petilil that I'm breeding actually. And did I say 6 boxes? Well, make that double and then some; I'm sitting on 13 boxes and still no shiny Petilil

Sooo, I'm taking a break and decided to breed a doubles team that I have planned. My first goal: Adamant Dry Skin Croagunk with Fake Out and Drain Punch passed down from Mienfoo. Since three of my planned Pokemon will need to be Adamant, and it's a popular nature anyway, I first bred a Sync Ralts with a random Adamant Pokemon and got an Adamant Ralts with Synchronize, that I planned to use to catch some nice females in the Friend Safari.

The bad news is that afterwards I realized that I'm don't have anyone with Croagunk or Mienfoo in their FS

The good news is that I managed to get a few Mienfoo and then a Croagunk off the GTS. And lo and behold, the Croagunk was a 5IV Adamant male, with all egg moves: Quick Guard, Bullet Punch, Fake Out and Drain Punch! So after breeding with Ditto first and then swapping it with a 4IV female, I managed to get an identical male with my OT/ID in just 10 eggs
Old February 17th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Club closed due to a long period of inactivity from the owner.

Sponsored Links