• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokemon PinkXY (pink-see)

Pinta77

PLOT: You're parents are out of the picture, and the rest of your family hasn't been a part of your life. You currently live in Pacifidlog town and want to become a Pokemon trainer. However, you're nowhere near any proffesors who can get you started. When Professor Birch finally comes to Pacifidlog, he doesn't support you at all and gives you a Kakuna out of pity. From there, you can wander to Slateport City where you will meet Meeka who says you should try to get become the best trainer you can be to prove a point.

This is Pokemon PinkXY version. Why the name? Pokemon Pink version was my original ROM hack I was working on, but I quit because I screwed up so many things and forgot to back up too many times. And I think someone else made a Pink Version since then. So this is PinkXY. The "XY" is just because there are some X & Y references inside my hack aswell as just to mark the period of time this game is being developed.

Basically, you play through Hoenn as a different character. It's not as lazy as it sounds. You go through the region a completely different direction. You start in Pacifidlog town. All the scripts are new, so it shouldn't be identical to Ruby, even though the map is the same, although new areas have been added(Route 135). Some of the gym leaders are the same, some are different. Brendan takes over Norman's gym. New trainer classes. You get to battle a fake groudon. And the entire region floods at one point. Fun stuff.

It's still in progress. I'm about 2 gyms into it. Just wanted to share :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2015
Now this is interesting ! I think it'll be good whens the beta coming?

Pinta77

No fairy type, but I will be adding some originally fairy type pokemon from kalos and the move moonblast. I'll just make it a different type.

Just Hoenn towns. I will add some new areas though, for example, route 135. you go right in Oldale town to get there

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
This hack is looking good and will you be adding all X and Y pokemon? I am going to play it, anyway.

Pinta77

Yeah there's some X & Y Pokemon. So far I have Espurr, Meowstic, Froakie, frogadier and Greninja. Oh and speed boost torchic :P I plan to add a few more like swirlix and that thing it evolves into. And probably all the eevee evolutions. But I'm not gonna add fairy type. I'll just give them different types. And I think I made Moonblast a dragon type move.

I also have Victini, Sewaddle, swadloon, and Leavanny. And the Fake Groudon from the Jirachi movie(It can learn Doom Desire). I wish i could make the sprite look better... but it kept freezing. I'll mess with it later.

I also added a fakemon named Lastic as a tribute to the person who made the sprite I used for Pikachu. Unfortunately he didn't make a backsprite that I could find so I made one and it looks atrocious. But here's the scoop on Lastic

Lastic - Normal Type

Ability 1: Wonder Guard
Ability 2: Battle Armor

Base Stats
HP: 250
ATT: 100
DEF: 20
SP. ATT: 110
SP. DEF: 20
SPEED: 230

OPSdoesLPs, I'll let you know as soon as I release a playable version. Maybe when there's 4 gyms I'll release a patch.

So yeah graphically this isn't amazing. It's not much different at all from R/S graphics. But I just wanna switch things up so much that it's fun. Hope this turns out well

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Well this is certainly an unusual spin on the Oak family. The new sprites look like they're been inserted pretty well.

Is the Pink-Gary sprite permanent or will it be tweaked further?

I'm also a bit unsure of the story (aside from the family drama). So far all you've mentioned is a lot of rain and a fake Groudon. Are these connected to the Oaks or something completely different?

Pinta77

PLOT: You're parents are out of the picture, and the rest of your family hasn't been a part of your life. You currently live in Pacifidlog town and want to become a Pokemon trainer. However, you're nowhere near any proffesors who can get you started. When Professor Birch finally comes to Pacifidlog, he doesn't support you at all and gives you a Kakuna out of pity. From there, you can wander to Slateport City where you will meet Meeka who says you should try to get become the best trainer you can be to prove a point.

An example of new areas within the same map.

Pinta77

Why do you get a Kakuna, and not its pre-evolution, Weedle?

It's like a slap in the face to the main character to emphasize how no one believes in him. There is an NPC who offers to trade your Kakuna for a Speed Boost Torchic. You are not intended to keep Kakuna as your starter Pokemon.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
It's like a slap in the face to the main character to emphasize how no one believes in him. There is an NPC who offers to trade your Kakuna for a Speed Boost Torchic. You are not intended to keep Kakuna as your starter Pokemon.
Okay, I see. But will Weedle be catchable?

It's not that I love it so much, it's because it doesn't make sense to me that Kakuna is obtainable whereas Weedle isn't.

Pinta77

Yes weedle will be catchable. A lot of Pokemon that were not available in Ruby and Saphire will be obtainable.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tfBs66q-ys[/ame]

Just a little clip from a bonus area I made. One of my references to X & Y version.

Back