• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My UU Team

CertainlyNotKori

Volcarona The Sun Pokemon
Years
Hey Guys, i decided to start competitive battling about a week ago and have made both an OU rain team and a UU team on Pokemon Online, I was wondering if you could tell me what you think about my UU team and maybe some help on improving it

Cofagrigus (The Walking Dead)

Ability: Mummy Item: Leftovers
Nature: Quiet EV's: 200 HP, 230 SAtk, 82 SDef

Moves: Hidden Power (Fighting), Shadow Ball, Trick Room, Nasty Plot

The lead and my bulky special attacker, He can wall quite a lot of special attackers and is resistant to quite a lot of types. Also he is able to go completely unharmed against many of the tier's fighting types.

Swampert (Captain Kipper)

Ability: Damp Item: Lum Berry
Nature: Modest EV's: 240 HP, 252 SAtk, 8 SDef, 8 Def

Moves: Surf, Stealth Rock, Ice Beam, Earth Power

Another bulky special attacker with great typing, his damp ability can stop any explosions and he is capable of setting up stealth rocks, his moves have great type coverage even being able to take out grass types if trick room has been set up by cofagrigus before.

Flygon (Goggles)

Ability: Levitate Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant EV's: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd

Moves: Earthquake, Outrage, Fire Punch, U-turn

A great physical sweeper that can OHKO many pokemon whilst he is holding a choice band and can make use of U-turn to become a scout.

Raikou (Shere Khan)

Ability: Pressure Item: Life Orb
Nature: Naive EV's: 4 HP, 200 SAtk, 54 Atk, 252 Speed

Moves: Aura Sphere, Thunderbolt, Roar, Extremespeed

My speedy mixed sweeper with STAB thunderbolt and the never-miss aura sphere. Extremespeed is often used to finish the job of a previously fallen pokemon and take out pokemon with low remaining HP. I like to include roar in case of sticky situations like when i come across a ground type but don't want to switch out.

Darmanitan (Tarzan)
Ability: Sheer Force Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly EV's: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd

Moves: Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Superpower, U-turn

The main physical powerhouse jolly nature and choice scarf can make Darmanitan one of the fastest pokemon in it's tier. It can OHKO many pokemon with it's flare blitz and a sheer force earthquake is deadly.

Virizion (Venison)

Ability: Justified Item: Grass Gem
Nature: Jolly EV's: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd

Moves: Leaf Blade, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Swords Dance

One of best pokemon on this team, it's grass gem boosted leaf blade can 2HKO many defensive walls and has been able to sweep an entire OU team with swords dance + stone edge and close combat. A deadly revenge killer and a force to be reckoned with.

Thanks For The Help In Advance

-CNK

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
First off, the EVs of your Pokemon have to be divisible by 4. Because every 4 EVs, that Pokemon gets 1 point in the appropriate stat at level 100.

Anyways:

Cofagrigus should use max HP and max Special Attack to give it the most optimal special bulk and attacking power.

Special Swampert is out of the equation because while 85 Special Attack is decent, it's not going to hit anything hard that way. What's the point of the 8 EVs in each of the defenses? Explosion and Self-Destruct are also not very common, so Damp is worthless:
-Stealth Rock
-Scald/Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Toxic/Roar
Nature: Relaxed/Impish
EVs: 240 HP/16 Atk/252 Def
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Torrent

or
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Superpower/Stone Edge
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 208 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef/44 Spe
Item: Choice Band

or
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Stealth Rock/Roar/Toxic
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 240 HP/252 Atk/16 Def

The only nature that Raikou can use with Aura Sphere is Rash because the Zoroark movie event around 4 years ago set it that way. It also has to be shiny, but that's a different story. Moving on, Aura Sphere only sees use on Choice Scarf because the forced Rash nature will cause Raikou to be outsped by base 101 Pokemon and above with +Speed natures (Jolly, Timid, Hasty, Naive). Extreme Speed is also very weak coming off of uninvested 85 Attack:
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe

or
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Grass/Ice)
-Extrasensory
-Calm Mind/Volt Switch
Item: Life Orb

or
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Extrasensory
Item: Choice Specs

or
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Extrasensory/Aura Sphere
Nature: Timid/Rash
Item: Choice Scarf

Earthquake and Superpower have redundant coverage on Darmanitan. Replace one of them with Rock Slide; that move benefits from Sheer Force as well.

Why are you even using a Gem on Virizion? The only Gems you should be using here is the Flying Gem (on Pokemon that know Acrobatics) or Normal Gem (on Fake Out + Unburden Hitmonlee). Life Orb or Lum Berry are the preferred items because the former compensates for Virizion's mediocre power on all its moves, while the latter lets Virizion shrug off crippling status once.

Back