Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 19th, 2014 (04:33 PM).
Arlyn Aquos
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Water Gym Leader
Quote originally posted by Eat me.:
Username/Nickname: Eat me.
Partner Pokemon: Crawdaunt (did i spell that right?)
Reason for Joining the Club: i really really freakin' love water types. They're like, if not the best, the second best type out there. They've got a huge variety of Pokemon, and, to be honest, i really had a hard time choosing my partner pokemon 'cause many of them are just almost as good as another. mehhehe
Welcome to Diving Deep. And yes you did spell Crawdaunt correctly.

Quote originally posted by Nymphadora:
It's been a while since we've had a new topic here, so I'm just going to throw one in. :] If you were to give an evolution to any water-type Pokémon, which would it be? What would its characteristics be?
I think the 2 forms of Basculin should get evolutions. Red should be Attack orientated and Blue should be Defense orientated. They should evolve into 2 different Pokemon. Also Luvdisc and Alomomola need a common pre-evolution.

3DS FC: 0903-4056-8403
3DS XL FC: 0404-6887-6558
~~DIVING DEEP~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)
Old January 21st, 2014 (01:50 PM).
Student Linguist

Nature: Quirky
It's been a while since we've had a new topic here, so I'm just going to throw one in. :] If you were to give an evolution to any water-type Pokémon, which would it be? What would its characteristics be?
An evolution for Clampearl would be interesting. It's prime stats would probably be Defense and HP, but then again I don't know very much about this Pokemon . Clampearl just seems a little....undeveloped to me.
Old January 21st, 2014 (03:56 PM).
& having to receive it

Going to answer my own question here. If I were to give an evolution to a water-type, it'd be Seaking. The Pokémon would look pretty much the same; only differences would be its body size and the length of its horn. Its horn would be much, much longer, and its body would be more fat. Stats-wise, I think it could have more Attack, Defense, and Special Defense. Its Speed would be lowered though, because big Pokémon are usually not that fast.
Old January 21st, 2014 (05:49 PM).
Arlyn Aquos
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Normal Spirit:
An evolution for Clampearl would be interesting. It's prime stats would probably be Defense and HP, but then again I don't know very much about this Pokemon . Clampearl just seems a little....undeveloped to me.
Um...Clamperl Evolves into Huntail and Gorebyss...why would it need a third?

Old January 22nd, 2014 (01:18 PM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
If you were to give an evolution to any water-type Pokémon, which would it be? What would its characteristics be?

Hmm, I'd give Lombre another evolution, a more feminine look inspired by water lilies. Only female Lombre (or even Lotad?) can evolve into this new Pokemon, similar to how only male Kirlia can evolve into Gallade. She would keep her dual typing as Water/Grass. Not sure about her stats, but I imagine she would be faster than Ludicolo, and I'd give her Hydration or Natural Cure as her ability.

And since you mentioned it, I don't understand how Alomomola is not Luvdisc's evolution. I know that they wanted completely new Pokemon for gen 5, but they could have revealed it after becoming champion, make it like a mini-plot for you to explore in the post-game area.
Old January 22nd, 2014 (02:40 PM).
Student Linguist

Quote originally posted by Water Gym Leader:
Um...Clamperl Evolves into Huntail and Gorebyss...why would it need a third?
Whoops I guess I proved my point with Clampearl haha. I thought that luvdisc evolved into Gorbyss? And thanks for telling me where Huntail comes from! I've been wondering that for a long time and always forgot to look it up haha .
Old January 23rd, 2014 (06:53 AM).
Cascade Charmer

Nature: Hasty
I'd love to give Sharpedo one, a second stage. Water/dark is a fairly good combination and needs more love

Old January 23rd, 2014 (07:01 AM).
space dorito
Crystal Tier

If you were to give an evolution to any water-type Pokémon, which would it be? What would its characteristics be?

Probably Golduck, its stats aren't really that stunning (decent but yeah) and giving it an evo would finally give the Psyduck line the love it needs. It would probably focus on Special Attack and Speed, and maybe evolve through some new evolution method, and keeping the abilities Psyduck and Golduck have.
Old January 23rd, 2014 (07:58 PM).
Student Linguist

Quote originally posted by Hikamaru:

Probably Golduck, its stats aren't really that stunning (decent but yeah) and giving it an evo would finally give the Psyduck line the love it needs. It would probably focus on Special Attack and Speed, and maybe evolve through some new evolution method, and keeping the abilities Psyduck and Golduck have.
That would be nice. I think that adding more of the Psychic background to the Psyduck line would be interesting. After all, the first pokemon in line is called a PSYduck and neither it nor Golduck have the psychic type.

But in terms of strength, I would like the third evolution of Psyduck to have the psychic type and not have stats that would exceed Golduck's too significantly. I would want it to be more of a choice of style, just like for Porygon2 and Porygon-Z.
Old January 24th, 2014 (03:23 AM). Edited January 24th, 2014 by Snow Bunny.
Bianca

Nature: Sassy
Username: Bianca
Partner: Seadra
Reason for joining: I just love water pokemon ever so much. They are so beautiful, and yet are also so magnificent in battle. Nothing compares, the way they can tag team with almost every other type to balance out their weaknesses is just remarkable. They're designs are the most diverse & creative, and the whole thought of water pokemon brings me to happiness.
Old February 1st, 2014 (12:39 PM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Snow Bunny:
Username: Bianca
Partner: Seadra
Reason for joining: I just love water pokemon ever so much. They are so beautiful, and yet are also so magnificent in battle. Nothing compares, the way they can tag team with almost every other type to balance out their weaknesses is just remarkable. They're designs are the most diverse & creative, and the whole thought of water pokemon brings me to happiness.
Hi Bianca, welcome to the club! That's true, Water-type Pokemon make great teammates, and there are so many of them, there's bound to be one that will fit your team.

Hey guys, I was wondering do you use rain for your Water teams? Think about it, it boosts the power of Water-type attacks, and triggers abilities that are common among Water-type Pokemon, like Swift Swim, Hydration or Rain Dish. I'm currently testing out a Rain Dance team, and it's looking good so far, with Starmie and three Swift Swimmers (and a couple of Pokemon with Dry Skin).
Old February 1st, 2014 (04:10 PM).
& having to receive it

Do you use rain for your Water teams?
I do. Well, at least most of the time. :p Rain makes it much easier to utilize water-based teams. Whenever you're using them, though, you have to be very careful; your team could be countered pretty easily if your opponent has a Pokémon with Swift Swim, such as Kingdra.
Old February 1st, 2014 (06:10 PM).
Arlyn Aquos
Gold Tier

I'm sorry I'm being so distant on this forum, my personal life is a bit erratic, so I'm asking if anyone would like to take the mantle of Captain. If yes PM me. Also Welcome to Diving Deep, Bianca.

Old February 1st, 2014 (09:29 PM).
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus

I'd say Mantine. It could evolve into a water/poison type (or keep its original type) and have a large stinger, and possibly have 2 of its regular tail on each side of the stinger but shorter.

Idk. That's the best I can come up with. I was trying to think of one for Quilfish bit couldn't come up with anything.
Current Challenges:Shiny Badge Quest
Old February 7th, 2014 (02:40 PM).
Student Linguist

Quote originally posted by MIAU:
Hi Bianca, welcome to the club! That's true, Water-type Pokemon make great teammates, and there are so many of them, there's bound to be one that will fit your team.

Hey guys, I was wondering do you use rain for your Water teams? Think about it, it boosts the power of Water-type attacks, and triggers abilities that are common among Water-type Pokemon, like Swift Swim, Hydration or Rain Dish. I'm currently testing out a Rain Dance team, and it's looking good so far, with Starmie and three Swift Swimmers (and a couple of Pokemon with Dry Skin).
I currently don't use the rain in my team, although my team isn't purely water types. I have thought about it though because I love the rain in real life. So maybe in the future
Old February 7th, 2014 (04:06 PM).
& having to receive it

MIAU's question gave me another topic idea, haha. What are some good Pokémon to have on rain teams? What makes them good, and why do you like them?
Old February 9th, 2014 (09:03 AM).
Student Linguist

MIAU's question gave me another topic idea, haha. What are some good Pokémon to have on rain teams? What makes them good, and why do you like them?
Quagsire would be a great Pokemon to learn Rain dance on a team. If he has water absorb that would get rid of his regular damage from water attacks (which would probably hurt him greatly when rain dance is activated). He can also learn curse and Amnesia which strengthens his defenses nicely. Quagsire is a huge wall I love him.

But the greatest reason of all to why you should use him; he is just a huge derp.
Old February 9th, 2014 (04:25 PM).
& having to receive it

What are some good Pokémon to have on rain teams?
There's a lot, and Ludicolo would definitely have to be one of them. It's got access to Rain Dish ability, which heals 1/6 of its health every turn while it rains. Have it learn Leech Seed, Giga Drain, and Synthesis and give it a set of Leftovers, and it'd be able to annoy your opponent greatly. Haha. Another would be Scizor. It's got four-times weakness against fire attacks, but thanks to rain, all damage that it takes from fire-type hits get halved. Thanks to that, it could survive more. (:
Old February 9th, 2014 (09:32 PM).
space dorito
Crystal Tier

Thanks to my experience using one in a Random Battle on the server, Swanna. This thing seems to learn quite a good amount of moves that really get major benefits in the rain. I used one that knew Hurricane, Ice Beam, Rain Dance and Scald coupled with its hidden ability Hydration. You could easily tell that moveset is destined for rainy conditions and yeah I ended up destroying my opponent's entire team with it, even the infamous Prankster Liepard whose Thunder Wave was kinda worthless because I'd heal from it at the end of the turn with the rain up.
Old February 13th, 2014 (02:18 AM).
Water Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Venks Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venks Send a message via Yahoo to Venks
Username/Nickname: Venks
Partner Pokemon: Ludicolo
Reason for Joining the Club: I'm an avid fan of water type Poke'mon. Misty was my favorite character in the anime back when I watched it and well I've been using water-only teams since the new millennium.

I agree with earlier mentions such as Swanna and Ludicolo. Though I play them a bit differently. My Swanna is HP/DEF and I make use of Tail Wind to support my team and Rest along with Hydration to stay in the game for the long run.

My Ludicolo I run with Swift Swim. I put enough speed in him so he can outspeed most threats in the rain, then I max his Special Attack and put the rest in HP. He generally can survive that first hit and set up Rain Dance which then allows him to sweep.

I make games and write gaming discussion articles. Check them out!
Old February 13th, 2014 (04:09 PM).
& having to receive it

Quote originally posted by Hikamaru:

Thanks to my experience using one in a Random Battle on the server, Swanna. This thing seems to learn quite a good amount of moves that really get major benefits in the rain. I used one that knew Hurricane, Ice Beam, Rain Dance and Scald coupled with its hidden ability Hydration. You could easily tell that moveset is destined for rainy conditions and yeah I ended up destroying my opponent's entire team with it, even the infamous Prankster Liepard whose Thunder Wave was kinda worthless because I'd heal from it at the end of the turn with the rain up.
I've never used Swanna before, personally. Its stats seem to be a bit low, so I didn't really consider it. XD" Your description does make it sound great, though; would definitely have to give it a go someday.
Old February 15th, 2014 (01:06 PM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Venks:
I agree with earlier mentions such as Swanna and Ludicolo. Though I play them a bit differently. My Swanna is HP/DEF and I make use of Tail Wind to support my team and Rest along with Hydration to stay in the game for the long run.

My Ludicolo I run with Swift Swim. I put enough speed in him so he can outspeed most threats in the rain, then I max his Special Attack and put the rest in HP. He generally can survive that first hit and set up Rain Dance which then allows him to sweep.
I use a Modest HP/Sp. Atk. Ludicolo with Swift Swim on my doubles rain team, with the exact same purpose. I've battled quite a few Mega Charizard Y in the battle spot these past few days, and I can say that my Ludicolo is able to survive a Flamethrower under intense sunlight or an Air Slash and set up rain. He can then recover with Giga Drain and stay in the game longer. Surf is also great and benefits from the boost in power under rain, and in double battles it also hits both opponents and heals Toxicroak or Heliolisk that I use alongside Ludicolo. So yeah, he's very versatile and a lot of fun to use, especially with that dance he does

I'm very pleased to hear about Swanna. I actually thought about adding her to this team, but I remember her being quite frail from that time I used her in-game in White 2. Rest + Hydration sounds great in theory, but I'm afraid that she'd be easy to 1HKO; does the investment in HP and Defense really help that much?
Old February 19th, 2014 (05:26 PM).
Arlyn Aquos
Gold Tier

Guys I can't up keep this club anymore. I am going to have some very sparse internet use for a few months so if anyone would like to take over for a while please pm me.

Old February 22nd, 2014 (07:18 PM).
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Silver Tier

Can't believe I didn't join this one earlier, Water types are some of my favourites! Looks like I joined at a bad time though :(

Username/Nickname: Olli, despite what my postbit says at the moment haha.
Partner Pokemon: A bit of a battle between Lapras and Suicune, since both of them have always been two of my favourite, but in the end I think I'll settle with Suicune, just because I treasure my memories and experiences with it more than what I have with Lapras D:

Reason for Joining the Club: Apart from my latest playthrough of Black 2, simply because I couldn't find one suitable enough for my team, Water types have always reserved a spot somewhere on my team. It's largely because of how essential they are to the progress of the games, with the amount of Water type HM's there are, but I also really like a lot of them. Their designs usually scream beauty and elegance, and they're generally just some of the best designed Pokemon imo :D On the plus side, a lot of them are also really powerful, and considering how accessible an all-around useful move like Surf is, I can't see why people wouldn't be getting at least one :p Definitely will be the second mono-type I ever try out (Flying type is first, duh :D)

While I wouldn't want it to have an evolution, I'd to see a pre-evolution to Lapras. It just looks like another stage could suit it a lot, but since it already looks the closest to a final-stage evolution, I'd rather it was a 2-stage Pokemon with a baby-esque looking pre-evolution :D It'd be adorable ;o;

Old March 16th, 2014 (05:40 AM).
space dorito
Crystal Tier

I would have definitely given Golduck an evolution. I always felt like its evolution line was "incomplete" and I'd imagine a possible evolution would have its head look like a crown shape or something, but design aside it's one I'd really want them to do in the future.

Yeah and sad to hear you go, Water Gym Leader. I hope the club can be taken over by some capable hands!

Sponsored Links