The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 13th, 2014 (04:02 PM). Edited February 19th, 2014 by Nerdy Mojo.
Nerdy Mojo
No Lifer

Nature: Serious
Right now i'm playing: Terraria,Sacred 2 Fallen Angel,Defiance,Harvest Moon Back to Nature, and Final Fantasy VII, all on PS3.

I'm just getting into Terraria, and really like it so far. I've only been sporadically messing around before today, but tonight i've read a good beginner's guide and am ready to take the plunge.

Defiance isn't the most polished MMO, and really feels less like an MMO than i'm used to (nowhere near WoW,FFXIV, or even MapleStory). However, it is still pretty fun and engaging when you temper your expectations.....if the critical error message doesn't get you in the middle of a mission.

I actually haven't beaten FFVII yet, as I bought it used back in the day and the 3rd disc was damaged. Now I have it on PSN and am ready for the experience. I haven't even allowed myself to look at the ending or anything beyond the end of the 2nd disc for all these years.

Sacred I play pretty much because the game has always resonated with me. I already played hundreds of hours when I used to be on Xbox Live, now i've already put over 150 again.

I have a 3DS XL coming in the mail, along with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Pokemon X, and am very excited to see what the new (at least new to me) handheld has to offer. I might pick up Etrian Odyssey and that MegaTen game also

*update*
I'm currently playing Pokemon X and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

I haven't gotten far in Pokemon X yet (my last save was after getting the first badge), as Monster Hunter is just too good to put down! There is a whole world of difference in how well you play in this game,and the subsequent enjoyment of it, when you take your time and study the situation more than what is normally necessary in a game. In the past 24 hours i've put in 11 hours and 15 minutes, i'm that hooked!

I also downloaded Retro City Rampage DX from the Eshop, but haven't played it yet.

I always liked Monster Hunter, but i'm really becoming a fan at this point

Old February 21st, 2014 (12:50 PM).
ShadowE
Competitive RTS gamer, also drunk
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Right now I'm playing StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, practising a bit before my tournament game against the TCG mod of PC: donavannj :P
Old February 21st, 2014 (02:05 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Lately I've been trying to pare down how much I'm playing at once. So as of now, the only games I have on the go are:

Tales of Xillia 2
I'm about to start chapter 11, I think? I'm getting sort of close to the end, I think, because a lot of important things are starting to happen. I'm really hoping I can beat it before Tuesday when Symphonia HD comes out here but I don't think that's going to happen because I have a lot of homework to do by then too and I've been playing through this game really slowly. :( It's a lot of fun and I love ALL OF THE CHARACTERS TO PIECES but some of the mechanics in this game (the constant re-exploring of maps you explored to death in the first game, the CONSTANT DEBT, always having to have Ludger in your battle party even though there are 9 characters, etc.) are really frustrating.

Persona 4 Golden
I've gotten more spoilers for this game on Tumblr in the last month than I had in the whole time since the original PS2 game came out so I figured it was time to give it another try. I got stuck last time I played this in.... Rise's dungeon? (I forget names! D:) I really don't like the battle system in Persona much so I decided to restart it on Very Easy so I can just get the story and not have to worry about fighting at all. I haven't actually gotten to any fighting yet but I imagine I'll have a lot more fun with the game once I do. Hopefully I'll finish it this time so I don't have to worry so much about getting spoilt.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old February 22nd, 2014 (08:09 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
I've been playing Jak III. Is anyone even actually surprised by that? lmao Just did the middle part of the game pretty much, so moving into the final parts. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I finish cause that'll be it. ;___; Jak X doesn't count. js.

Play the game to change the game
Old February 22nd, 2014 (09:25 PM).
El Héroe Oscuro
The Mad Gold Seeker

Nature: Calm
Dark Souls.... ;____;

I NEED to beat it by the time the next game comes out in a month. However, the game is so bloody difficult that I just want to cry everytime I play it.

Gamerscore: 65,663 - Current Video Game Playing/Theme
Old February 22nd, 2014 (10:58 PM).
Raine
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Bravely Default
Finally made some progress today, but everything's being thrown towards me all at once it's starting to become confusing @.@ Nevertheless, already spent some time over levelling the characters; apparently I'm supposed to be at level 5, according to Ringabel, but I'm double that XD

— レイン · wonderland · love · achievements · appreciation
Old February 22nd, 2014 (11:01 PM).
Juno
o christmas troy, o christmas troy ♩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanille Sky View Post
Bravely Default
Finally made some progress today, but everything's being thrown towards me all at once it's starting to become confusing @.@ Nevertheless, already spent some time over levelling the characters; apparently I'm supposed to be at level 5, according to Ringabel, but I'm double that XD
What the heck, you're really my PC doppelganger, we're even playing the same game. XD Just started it today.
Old February 23rd, 2014 (08:34 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
Finished Jak 3 tonight so...I'm gonna play through the trilogy again, starting with Jak and Daxter, obviously. I'm also playing Tales of the Abyss. Gonna try to get as much done before my copy of Bravely Default arrives...which will be soon, so I need to hurry.

Play the game to change the game
Old February 23rd, 2014 (08:35 PM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Just Beat Link Between Worlds

Moving on to Luigi's Mansion
Old February 24th, 2014 (09:50 AM).
ShadowE
Community Supporter

Currently I am playing Far Cry 2 on Steam since the Far Cry series were on sale yesterday and I adore playing this game sooooo much <3
Old February 24th, 2014 (10:10 AM).
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
Right now it's Infamous for the PS3 where I'm living my childhood dream as an outlaw to the stars.

Gotta love the high life.
Old February 24th, 2014 (10:19 AM).
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter

Right now I'm jumping in between Pokemon Pearl and Professor Layton and the Curious Village. I've still never beaten Pearl, so I'm finally just gonna push my way through it. It's always been the most boring entry for me. Also this if the first time I've played any if the Layton games, and I'm really enjoying it. Some of the puzzles are frustrating, but you feel really accomplished when you solve a tough one.
Old February 25th, 2014 (09:40 AM).
ShadowE
Community Supporter

Playing Borderlands 1 on PS3, just for the sake of reliving the old dream of hunting for rare loot xP
Old February 25th, 2014 (10:08 AM).
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
At the minute I'm playing a few games... these include Retro City Rampage DX, Steel Diver: Sub Wars, Pokemon Platinum and Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'm playing RCR DX on my 3DS so yes, they're all DS/3DS games. The 3DS is my favourite system, after all!

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old February 25th, 2014 (10:16 AM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I've been playing games of Civ 4 Beyond the Sword, lately. Won a space race with the Aztecs of all Civs, and am currently going for either a conquest or culture victory with Spain, whichever comes first. Shouldn't be too hard with the most cities ahead in the race culturally and while currently winning the naval battle with Hannibal and his vassal, Washington, while using my vassal, Suryavarman II, as a buffer between me and the two of them.

Kinda went at India in a war earlier in this same game over the weekend and was in the process of wiping them out (had only managed to take his capital, Delhi) when the greedy AI decided to jump in and try to take their pick of cities. I almost wiped Gandhi out before their ships got to Indian shores, though, but Hannibal managed to take a single city and made Gandhi his vassal, ending my war of conquest with the Indians briefly.

20 turns later, Hannibal thought it would be a brilliant idea to try to start a war with me, which gave me a chance to use my ICBMs and tactical nukes I had built not long before, and I ended up crippling him enough (I kinda nuked his initial stack of units and his capital city of Carthage) to be able to swoop in and finish off India with their 3 remaining cities and take the lone Indian city Hannibal had. My next move was to fend off his naval stacks of "doom" that he had deployed, which for some silly reason had only 2 transports between them, yet 6 destroyers and 3 carriers each. After initially struggling to get enough of my navy over to my vassal's corner of the continent, I managed to fend off his initial stacks and all of his subsequent attempted stacks, completely obliterating them by the sheer number of modern ships I now have.

And now I've started invading America as a way to start making some headway and drastically weaken Hannibal's position in the war, given that he has not demonstrated nuclear capabilities (he probably doesn't have access to aluminum). I should be able to romp my way to victory over Washington since Hannibal hasn't been very helpful to him since they're on separate continents from each other, and then either conquer Hannibal or make him my vassal, and go to war with one of his neighbors next (either Saladin or Joao II).

First order of business is to finish off Washington before moving onto anyone else, though. Not his fault he was at war with me, but he was going to be targeted either way eventually.
Old February 25th, 2014 (10:20 AM).
ShadowE
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
I've been playing games of Civ 4 Beyond the Sword, lately. Won a space race with the Aztecs of all Civs, and am currently going for either a conquest or culture victory with Spain, whichever comes first. Shouldn't be too hard with the most cities ahead in the race culturally and while currently winning the naval battle with Hannibal and his vassal, Washington, while using my vassal, Suryavarman II, as a buffer between me and the two of them.

Kinda went at India in a war earlier in this same game over the weekend and was in the process of wiping them out (had only managed to take his capital, Delhi) when the greedy AI decided to jump in and try to take their pick of cities. I almost wiped Gandhi out before their ships got to Indian shores, though, but Hannibal managed to take a single city and made Gandhi his vassal, ending my war of conquest with the Indians briefly.

20 turns later, Hannibal thought it would be a brilliant idea to try to start a war with me, which gave me a chance to use my ICBMs and tactical nukes I had built not long before, and I ended up crippling him enough (I kinda nuked his initial stack of units and his capital city of Carthage) to be able to swoop in and finish off India with their 3 remaining cities and take the lone Indian city Hannibal had. My next move was to fend off his naval stacks of "doom" that he had deployed, which for some silly reason had only 2 transports between them, yet 6 destroyers and 3 carriers each. After initially struggling to get enough of my navy over to my vassal's corner of the continent, I managed to fend off his initial stacks and all of his subsequent attempted stacks, completely obliterating them by the sheer number of modern ships I now have.

And now I've started invading America as a way to start making some headway and drastically weaken Hannibal's position in the war, given that he has not demonstrated nuclear capabilities (he probably doesn't have access to aluminum). I should be able to romp my way to victory over Washington since Hannibal hasn't been very helpful to him since they're on separate continents from each other, and then either conquer Hannibal or make him my vassal, and go to war with one of his neighbors next (either Saladin or Joao II).

First order of business is to finish off Washington before moving onto anyone else, though. Not his fault he was at war with me, but he was going to be targeted either way eventually.
Donavannj for warlord 2014! xD

So i stopped playing Borderlands and went back to the one and only game i would always play: StarCraft II C&C Tiberian Sun. Haven't finished the Firestorm campaign yet :P
Old February 25th, 2014 (10:21 AM).
Nerdy Mojo
No Lifer

Nature: Serious
I'm playing Skyrim and Oblivion again. No matter how many hours I put into these games I keep coming back for more, and STILL have things to do in them.

i just finished the Dark Brotherhood questline, and am working on building a house in Skyrim. In Oblivion i'm working through the arena on a fresh character, as i've found that an easy way to level up my skills and get some startup gold.

I recently bought Mercenaries 2 and Socom 4 but haven't even started them yet

Old February 25th, 2014 (10:22 AM).
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Pokemon X and Link Between Worlds. My 3DS has already warranted the purchase price.

Planning to start a favorite RPG of mine - either Tales of the Abyss or Persona 4 - again soon. Because they're that awesome.

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old February 25th, 2014 (11:33 AM).
winchester67

Assassin's creed 4 and gta 5 on ps3
Mark of the ninja,Dark souls & deus ex human revolution on pc
Old February 25th, 2014 (11:38 AM).
Cinderella
Ooh, she's a little runaway~

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Cinderella
Playing through Pokemon Y and Bravely Default currently. Ahhh I've been spending so many hours on my 3DS!!
Old February 25th, 2014 (12:09 PM).
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
Lots of Team Fortress 2, particularly Sniper, Demoman, Soldier, and Spy lately. (Those were some of my least played classes, and I thought I'd get better acquainted with them.)

I'll say something unpopular among the TF2 community: I don't think Soldier is that good. All of his weapons, while highly damaging, are slow to use and slow to reload. Unless you're really good as him, you won't be able to take out the average Scout, for example. I see all these threads about how he's obviously the best class in TF2 and everyone knows so and I'm just... no.
Old February 25th, 2014 (07:22 PM).
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade

Only play this one on the weekends, so getting through it has taken some time. On the second year of summer, with one child (married Anissa) but still have one bell left to be rung.

Dangan Ronpa

Just bought a Vita last week, and this game my main reason for purchasing it. Very fun game, and I never pass up on a chance to support localizing visual novels. I do have a feeling that the game might end up being rather short with not much replay value. Let's see though.

Super Robot Wars UX

Always need a fix for SRW, and this game is my current one. A lot of strange series included in this one (Heroman, SD Gundam, Demonbane) but it's a nice change from the usual Getter, Mazinger, and Zeta Gundam.
Old February 26th, 2014 (12:47 AM).
ShadowE
Community Supporter

Playing Renegade X as soon as it came out today, this game is amazingly good and is a worthy remake of the original <3
Old February 26th, 2014 (04:34 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Ive been addicted to Tomb Raider for quite a few days now, really enjoying the game. Then i got Ni No Kuni though, and maaan thats a great game! Having a blast with it, so im switching around between those two (:

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old February 27th, 2014 (01:52 AM).
ShadowE
Community Supporter

Been playing some StarCraft II and Renegade X lately... these two games keep me busy for hours xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links