The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 6th, 2014, 06:41 PM
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
Quick question: as Lance took Alice away from the Rocket base, should I have her wake up in one of the beds of the infirmary or something?
Old February 6th, 2014, 08:16 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@Brainstorm: Yup! Sounds about right. Nurse Joy is probably attending to her.
Old February 9th, 2014, 02:41 PM
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

My next post is delayed as my wifi antenna broke and I have to either fix it or buy a new one.
Old February 13th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Nillemi
Under my Rock

Nature: Impish
This is Great.
I wanna keep my pink name.
Old February 14th, 2014, 01:05 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

I would not mind having an eternally pink name. Not at all.

In other news, I have this gut feeling Ellie is going to take that bracelet off and some random student is just going to be all like "...Who's that pokemon?" and then cue chase scene with pokeballs being tossed all over the place because horrible misunderstandings. ;o
Old February 14th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Nillemi
Under my Rock

Nature: Impish
Hey... It wasn't on purpose!

Have you seen her arms? They're all stubby and short! It fell off, And a necklace doesn't work all that well without a neck.
At least Azumarill's catch rate is rather low.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:04 AM
DADICE
I like American Dad

Nature: Modest
Name: Iris Traver

Nickname: None

Sex: Female

Dorm: Suicune dorm

Appearance: In attachments.

Personality: Iris is often quiet yet cheerful. She is somewhat optimistic, and looks at the better side
to things, leading her to have a positive attitude. However, her more reserved nature means that her
optimistic views are rarely spoken. She doesn't often go out to meet new people, and instead prefers to go places on her own. Iris can often find fun things to do just by herself, but most often with her
Breloom, Deixo Omi. She says that she feels much more at peace by herself. She does try to get to know a few people, but Iris doesn't value friendship as much as other people. She is independent, so Iris doesn't need anyone to guide her or help her through most situations. Iris is known to have a lot of decorum, as she rarely acts up or makes a show of herself. Because she doesn't make herself known, many people simply pass by her, which Iris doesn't mind. She's often a little too formal to other people that she doesn't know.

Iris is generally calm, and isn't stressed as often as other people. Her sereneness can make her
underestimate some challenges, but she can cope with the difficult challenge, through patience and
skill. Other challenges she takes on are met with thorough planning, as Iris often thinks over her
actions. She doesn't make many goals, therefore Iris often accomplishes her goals without setting them. Iris isn't one to get angry often, and is very even-tempered. What makes her so tranquil is that she gets into few arguments because of her quiet personality.

History: For all her life, Iris had been living in Jubilife City, Sinnoh. Her family lived in an apartment, like almost all of the other residents of the city. The apartment building was actually one of the most expensive to live in, but Iris had only discovered this after she'd seen the rest of the city. Her family actually had a lot of money, not enough to be considered rich but enough to make them live quite comfortably. She lived with her mother and father, two very caring parents, but it didn't actually matter, seeing as Iris was much more interested in reading about and sketching Pokemon than going to the city park. Her family had a collection of books on Pokemon of every type. Iris found hereself liking Grass types the most, as they were fascinating with the way they created their own poisons and spores. Iris did have a sister, but she only occasionaly visited home. That was because Iris's sister was a Pokemon trainer. Iris would always look up to her older sister, since she seemed so courageous and prideful. Iris was somewhat jealous every time her sister came home to tell her tales of battling and exploration.

Iris's deep interest in Pokemon didn't go unnoticed by her parents. A month or so before her 8th birthday, Iris was asked what her favorite Pokemon was. She quietly answered with, "Breloom. An amazing species." As Iris simply continued dreaming about what it would be like to have her own Pokemon, her parents were actually contacting her sister. For her 8th birthday, Iris was astounded to wake up and be presented with a Dusk Ball. After opening it in the same fasion as her sister, Iris was even more shocked to see a Breloom, her favorite Pokemon. It was her Breloom, so Iris chose the nickname Deixo Omi.

After a few years of enjoying herself with her Pokemon, Iris heard about the elite Pokemon Trainer Academy. She was instantly excited, and asked her mother the first chance she got if she could go. Her mother agreed, but only if Iris truly wanted to. Because she did, Iris started studying for the examinations. She did whatever she could: training Deixo on her own, reading any books she could find, and eventually Iris very carefully performed her examinations. She was unsure of how she did, but one morning, she woke up, delighted to find that she'd been accepted. She traveled to the island, bought a new TM for Deixo, and prepared for her first day at the Academy.

Pokémon:

Species: Breloom

Nickname: Dexio Omi

Personality: Deixo longs to be with anyone else. He's very outgoing, and seems to want to see as many people as he can. Deixo is sometimes frightened when alone, and is much less independent than his trainer. He can be a little childish at times, therefore he can occasionaly get himself into trouble. His trainer is alwats there for him, though, although Iris can get a little ticked off after a while. Deixo actually is very curious, and yearns to explore. Iris often has to hold him back, but it's just because she cares deeply about her Pokemon. Deixo is also quite caring of Iris, and the two share a seemingly unbreakable bond.

Lvl: 26

Moves: Mach Punch, Leech Seed, Seed Bomb, Swords Dance
Attached Images
File Type: png large.png‎ (264.4 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:34 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Dadice: Welcome to the RP! Glad to have you and Iris with us. Let me know if you need anything, or if you're looking for a partner to RP with.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 11:16 AM
The1mm0rt41One
Dovahkiin

Name: Sebastian Bourne
Nickname: Seb
Sex: Male
Dorm: Riakou

Appearance: (See attachments for clothing and physical appearance) Seb stands 5’10 and weighs 140 pounds.

Personality: Sebastian loves Pokémon battling. He may not be very good at it but hey, that’s why he’s at the Academy. Even with Sebastian’s ditsy partner Chimecho who has next to no drive for battling, he still loves it. Seb is a very quiet and too himself. Growing up with his only friends being his Chimecho and his grandparents, Seb doesn’t really know what having friends is like. You could say he has a hard time relating to people since his parents don’t pay much attention to him. Despite this, he isn’t shy. He just doesn’t really speak unless he is spoken to. He doesn’t really open up to people unless you are close to him. Really, the only person he spends time with isn’t even a person, it’s his trusted partner Chimecho. All and all, Seb is just a good kid with a big heart who wants to learn how to become a good Pokémon trainer and maybe make a couple good friends.

History: Sebastian Bourne was born in Mauville City, Hoenn to Pokémon paleontologists Heath and Janice Bourne. Sebastian, or Seb as he likes to be called, was sort of a forgotten child. His parents were so caught up in their work that half the time they forgot they even had a son. As a result, Seb spent a lot of time with his grandparents who lived in Verdanturf Town just a short distance away. Seb grew increasingly close to his grandparents who showered him with the affection he craved from his own parents. There were times where Seb’s parents would be gone for weeks or months at a time on an expedition and forget to tell Seb that they were going somewhere. There was one time where his parents went on a year and a half expedition to find a lost relic in Unova and they forgot to tell anyone. Seb was left home alone for three days before Seb’s grandfather checked up on him and realized Seb’s parents were gone. None the less, Seb loves them anyway. But at this point, it’s only because they are his parents.

Because Seb’s parents were gone a lot. Seb spent a lot of time with his grandparents who lived in Verdanturf Town. Seb looked at them as if they were his real parents. For the lack of affection Seb got from his own parents, his grandparents made up for it. Seb’s parents didn’t know much of what he was up to when he was with his grandparents. Which is good because most of it they would not have approved of. His grandparents did a lot of things his parents wouldn’t do or wouldn’t let him do, including letting him get a Pokémon.

Seb’s grandparents are friends with the day-care couple in between Verdanturf Town and Mauville City. As payment for a delivery Seb’s grandfather did for the Day-Care Man, he was given an egg. Seb’s grandfather, being too old to care for a Pokémon egg, gave it to Seb for a birthday present. Seb was devoted to the egg and cared for it every hour of the day. When the egg hatched, out popped what is now Seb’s best friend, a Chingling. Finally, Seb had a friend other than his grandparents. The only issue was, he had to hide Chingling from his parents. So Seb’s grandfather agreed to keep Chingling at their house whenever Seb was in Mauville with his parents. But Seb was rarely home by then, so he got to spend a lot of time with his new friend. So much time that one night when they were playing in the flower fields, Chingling evolved into a Chimecho.

Now the question stands, how did Seb get into the Pokémon Trainer Academy? Well, that’s easy to answer. Seb’s parents had set out on a three year expedition in the Kanto region. Seb’s grandparents were tasked to take care of him but they sensed how Verdanturf was getting to dull for the young Seb to thrive and enjoy himself. Seb’s grandmother caught wind of a Pokémon Trainer Academy that was accepting new students. She quickly pitched the idea to her grandson who willing accepted the offer to attend. It had been Seb’s dream to be a Pokémon trainer since he watched the Pokémon World Cup when he was younger. His parents never would have allowed it, but they were on a three year expedition and didn’t need to find out. So Seb took both of the examinations for admittance into the Academy. On his battle exam, Chimecho grew distracted and thus Seb failed the exam. On the written exam, Seb didn’t know a lot of the answers and had failed with only a 49%. The Academy declined him as a student. But after his grandmother explained that the boy’s parents were gone and Seb was a very lonely boy trying to find his place, they accepted him into the Academy.

Pokémon

Chimecho Lv. 10
Personality: Chimecho is a very happy-go-lucky Pokémon who is never in a bad mood. She is always there to cheer up Seb when he’s upset because she cares a great deal for him. Chimecho doesn’t quite care for battling, but for the world around her. She loves nature, people, well, she loves everything. However because of this, she becomes distracted when battling because she becomes too busy admiring the opponents move, the flowers, the sun or even the thought of battling.
Moves: Calm Mind, Hidden Power, Recover, Wrap, Attract, Protect
Old February 23rd, 2014, 07:02 PM
DADICE
I like American Dad

Nature: Modest
Okay, how far into this RP day are we?
Old February 25th, 2014, 03:18 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@The1mm0rt41One: Hmm... I feel like I know very little about your character's history in spite of how much you wrote. I think I'm going to let that slide, though... You're accepted! I hope you enjoy your new character. I look forward to seeing what you have planned for him.

@Dadice: The length of IC days isn't particularly consistent and tends to last a long time. We've still got quite a ways to go for this one. I'd estimate it's not even quite half way over. Maybe close to it though.
Old February 25th, 2014, 05:13 AM
The1mm0rt41One
Dovahkiin

Thanks for accepting Yellow

How far are we in the IC day?
Old February 27th, 2014, 04:19 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@The1mm0rt41One: As I totally just finished with Dadice, the length of IC days isn't particularly consistent and tends to last a long time. We've still got quite a ways to go for this one. I'd estimate it's not even quite half way over. Maybe close to it though.
Old March 1st, 2014, 09:36 AM
The1mm0rt41One
Dovahkiin

Okay thanks Yellow. If anyone is looking for someone to RP with. Seb's Chimecho just ran off towards the campus buildings and he's frantically trying to catch up.
Old March 8th, 2014, 06:02 AM
pokefan9900
The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!

Nature: Serious
Well, seems like I've missed a lot...

Pokemon: Squirts the Wartortle: level 35
Fang the Golbat: level 36
Porkchop the Primeape: level 32
Powder the Swinub: Level 16
Old March 8th, 2014, 02:52 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@pokefan9900: Verily! Where'd ya vanish off to? =o

@Everyone: Can I get a status check? I'm working on a joint post right now but am wondering where others are and how they're feeling. If you're not feeling u to posting that's a thing we can work on fixing!
Old March 8th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

I'm here! :3 And I also have cookies cause cookies are awesome.
Old March 8th, 2014, 03:50 PM
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

I might be posting within the next few days, more issues at work keep on stabbing my muse D: I'm also unsure of where I should send Alice to. Any suggestions?
Old March 8th, 2014, 09:19 PM
pokefan9900
The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!

@Yellow Eh, ya know, just entered high school, got like 3 other sites I'm not only working at one I'm managing a main thing, another I'm the main guy, or close to it, and another I created, so been very busy as I like to put it. Gonna have trouble umping right back in, glad I was missed, though!

Pokemon: Squirts the Wartortle: level 35
Fang the Golbat: level 36
Porkchop the Primeape: level 32
Powder the Swinub: Level 16
Old March 10th, 2014, 04:01 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Brainstorm: Plot plot plot!~ If you feel the need to shove your character into another group there's nothing quite like a conflict or a threat to drive them there. Wild pokemon, rocket spies, school bullies...

One lousy battle could have them running straight into an unexpected new ally.

@pokefan9900: Hmmm... Well, if I can help make it easier let me know!
Old March 10th, 2014, 04:01 PM
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Brainstorm: Plot plot plot!~ If you feel the need to shove your character into another group there's nothing quite like a conflict or a threat to drive them there. Wild pokemon, rocket spies, school bullies...

One lousy battle could have them running straight into an unexpected new ally.
She's currently in bed after having passed out during the raid, but I think I may be able to shove her someone's way someway, someday soon. My schedule this week got very busy with college starting on Wednesday.

Perhaps somebody that's still in the Pokémon Center?
Old March 10th, 2014, 09:02 PM
MurkMire
Vile, Venomous Villain
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Name: Mauve Banzett

Nickname: N/A

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicune

Appearance: Mauve Banzett also wears a pair of black rings, one on each middle finger.

This image was made possible by Joy-Ling of DeviantArt.

Personality: Mauve, having grown up with only his mother, would seem to appear that he doesn't have many social skills. In actuality, he can be quite sociable, but only when he wants to be. But, when it comes to his Pokemon, he treats each and every one of them with love and care. Especially his first two Pokemon, Venin and Toxy. His Seviper and Cascoon, respectively. He is very education oriented, and loves to show off his Pokemon. Mauve enjoys a good battle, and will become quite the adversary if provoked. He's very confident in his abilities, and can be a bit silly at times.

Though a big flaw of his is not only a disdain for Zangoose, but also for Fire-type Pokemon, due to his reluctance towards "fiery" natured individuals. He is actually quite knowledgeable of Pokemon, and not a bad battler. Mauve wants to become a top coordinator, as he will always want to do battle in style. His love of artistic moves, and the beauty of Pokemon is something he never tires of. He will never back down from a fight if provoked enough times, despite any failure. He never gives up, regardless of any failure or mistakes made. Mauve also has a passion for battling, the drive of the battle helps him and his Pokemon become closer, along with the quality time he spends with them.

History: Having grown up in the beautiful city of Lumiose of the Kalos region, Mauve was born into a world of beauty and partnership between people and Pokemon. His mother, Sevreen Banzett, gave birth to him a few years after she retired from a successful career in Pokemon Coordinating. She had fallen in love with a fellow Coordinator, and the two were very fierce adversaries at the time, before they began dating.

But, after three months of Sevreen's pregnancy with Mauve, his father had left without a word. So, she had to pull all of her resources together when moving to the Kalos region. She wanted to raise him in an environment of art and beauty, when the world itself doesn't seem to have a similar view.

Mauve was raised in a strictly homeschooled environment up until she sent him to the PTA, to develop better social skills. During the fifteen years of homeschooling, she had shown her son as much love and compassion as possible while delivering a strict schedule in his learning years. She bought a complete set of encyclopedia regarding Pokemon. History, typing, attacks, and so on and so forth.

During the age of ten, she had allowed him to make the choice of going on a Pokemon journey of his own, or to continue his homeschooling. Of course, Mauve wanting to further his education, chose to stay. That's when Sevreen decided to give him his first Pokemon, a Pokemon that she knew her son was very interested in.

On his eleventh birthday, she had given Mauve a Seviper, and Mauve was overjoyed. Most children would be frightened by such a Pokemon, but this Seviper also felt ecstatic about having a trainer that loved him. The two became an inseparable team, as he trained with Venin vigorously.

During that month of training, he had come across a lone Wurmple, in Route 14. It was being bullied by a Carnivine. When trying to stop it with Venin, he succeeded in drawing the Carnivine's attention, but that Wurmple wasn't happy with Mauve stepping in. She tackled the Carnivine, then unleashed a flurry of Poison Sting. That had helped to get rid of the Bug Catcher Pokemon, but the Wurmple was gravely hurt.

Mauve rushed her to a Pokemon center, despite her vicious resistance. After she was healed, Nurse Joy informed him that Wurmple weren't native to Route 14, but had heard of a trainer abandoning a Pokemon there that bullied other Pokemon. Hearing this, Mauve tried his best to show Wurmple his love and care. When she saw that, despite her hateful attitude, he still stood by her side and never gave up on her. She eventually grew close to Mauve, and wanted to join him. She had evolved into a Cascoon shortly afterwards, which is when Mauve dubbed her, "Toxy."

While Mauve and his Pokemon were learning and training, Sevreen had realized he needed a new environment to learn and grow from other kids around his age. She had signed him up for PTA, in the hopes he could grow even farther, and faster than where he is now. Of course, he accepted any choice his mother thought of for him. Before he was sent off, his mother had gifted Mauve one last Pokemon, a happy Maractus that could dance the night away. Of course, she was welcomed into Mauve's team warmly.

Pokémon:
Species: Seviper
Nickname: Venin
Personality: A loyal Pokemon to Mauve, and a fierce battler. He also shares his trainer's passion for battling, and a very serious fighter.
Lvl: 27
Moves: Poison Fang, Poison Tail, Wrap, Dark Pulse, Glare, Venoshock

Species: Cascoon
Nickname: Toxy
Personality: A very loving Pokemon, she is constantly babied by her trainer, thus her not wanting to ever be in her Pokeball. Though she understands Venin is his first, and his partner, she is like a sister to Venin.
Lvl: 9
Moves: Poison Sting, Tackle, Harden, String Shot

Species: Maractus
Nickname: Mira
Personality: Very happy and outgoing, she enjoys dancing, and tries her best to cheer up her trainer or her fellow Pokemon when down. She can be a tough cookie, though, as she is quite a battler.
Lvl: 24
Moves: Cotton Guard, Sweet Scent, Pin Missile, Needle Arm, Cotton Spore

Last edited by MurkMire; March 24th, 2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old March 12th, 2014, 01:46 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Murkmire: Can I just say that I peaked at your character's appearance, took one look that hairdo and immediately wondered if you took inspiration from the Super Nerd class?

Also, you're totally accepted. I definitely picture him not getting along all that well with Valorie.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. >.o
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:52 AM
MurkMire
Vile, Venomous Villain
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Murkmire: Can I just say that I peaked at your character's appearance, took one look that hairdo and immediately wondered if you took inspiration from the Super Nerd class?

Also, you're totally accepted. I definitely picture him not getting along all that well with Valorie.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. >.o
Lol, no. I like the hairstyle. ;P

Also, YES. Glad to be here.
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Synthet

Nature: Careful
Welcome to PTA! Looking forward to roleplaying with you in the future.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links