The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 24th, 2014, 01:09 PM
ShantyTown
Forever Young

Hack Name: Pokémon Red: Battle Factory
Hack of: Pokémon Red
(.ips patch download at the bottom of this post)

This hack was made entirely with the pokered disassembly project. No hex editing was involved. Here's a a link to the github repository:
Pokémon Red: Battle Factory Github Repository

This project is a recreation of the Battle Factory from the Battle Frontiers in Gen 3 and Gen 4 games. Most of the features are present, but I'll describe the main components of the game, anyway. You are presented with 6 initial pokemon, from which you pick 3. You then use these 3 pokemon to battle 7 consecutive trainers. After every trainer you defeat, you are given the option to switch one of your pokemon with one of their pokemon. After defeating 7 trainers in a row, you advance to the next class, and each subsequent class has more powerful pokemon to choose from. There are a total of 9 classes in this hack, and there are Factory Heads, which are like bosses, that will challenge you once you get past the first 2 classes.

All of the available pokemon have custom-defined movesets, so it's very possible that this is not a completely balanced game. But then again, pokemon is not a completely balanced game, so I think we're good.

Also, if it's not clear, this is a standalone game, so the only part of this hack is the Battle Factory. You cannot leave the Battle Factory to pursue a normal pokemon master's destiny. Sorry!

Here are some screenshots to give you an idea of how it looks:

Release Info
Version 1.1 (Released January 27, 2014)
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0q...actory-1.1.ips
This version is complete!

Known Bugs
  • The move sets of some of the late-game Starmie and Alakazam are wrong. They have Double Kick.
  • The sprite of the enemy trainer gets jumbled after battles if you trade pokemon. This has no effect on gameplay, though. I didn't even notice it for a long time.

Credits
Huge credits go to everyone involved in the pokered disassembly project. I also used Danny-E 33's Gen II Graphics Patch to spice up the graphics.

Last edited by ShantyTown; April 17th, 2014 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Updated patch
Old January 24th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

This is really interesting. I'm so trying this out when I get the chance!
Old January 25th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Mochorro

Nature: Adamant
This is good! I've been playing for a while now, and I have managed to get to Lorelei! Let's see if I can keep on going on my run.

A challenging Pokémon Black hack!

Hacks I support:
Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon Adventure: Green Chapter, Pokémon RD LoG, and Pokémon Resolute Version.
Old January 25th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Clemstar

Awesome concept and awesome game to go with it but for some reason the game oddly freezes every now and then. Is this just my computer/ rom or is this a problem for everybody?
Old January 25th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Brendon McCullum
Making johto anime hack.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Brendon McCullum
Means this hack doesn't involves any journey? Just a factory where you battle many trainers in a row!
Old January 25th, 2014, 07:55 AM
ShantyTown
Forever Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemstar View Post
Awesome concept and awesome game to go with it but for some reason the game oddly freezes every now and then. Is this just my computer/ rom or is this a problem for everybody?
Unfortunately, there have been a few reports of this. It freezes sometimes when you are swapping pokemon. I do have a save state that let's me reproduce the bug, so I'll be able to fix this hopefully by tomorrow!

I'm glad that people are enjoying this!
Old January 27th, 2014, 12:56 PM
ShantyTown
Forever Young

I just released an updated version 1.1 in the first post. Here are the changes that were made:
1. Fixed bug that occasionally crashed the game when swapping pokemon
2. Fixed bug that occured when you defeated the seventh trainer in a challenge after you've beaten all of the factory heads
3. Added new menus to the swapping interface after you defeat a trainer. You can now view the stats of both the opponent's and your pokemon when swapping.
Old January 27th, 2014, 10:08 PM
bcrobert
Lazy Antagonist

Nature: Quirky
This looks fun. I love the battle factory but I never even considered what it would be like in older generations. Can't wait to see the movesets you used.
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Brendon McCullum
Making johto anime hack.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Brendon McCullum
You're the best gen 1 game hacker, i have ever seen, shanty.
Old February 1st, 2014, 10:31 PM
The Zororoaster

This is totally awesome, I really love the move sets, clearly you have some experience with competitive 1st gen. I always thought this would be a really cool idea for a hack, glad to see someone actually did it!
Old February 2nd, 2014, 02:34 AM
Aashutosh Kumar
The Friend of Friends

Nature: Relaxed
A battle Factory! Looks good! I'll try it out!
Old February 2nd, 2014, 07:27 AM
ShantyTown
Forever Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zororoaster View Post
This is totally awesome, I really love the move sets, clearly you have some experience with competitive 1st gen. I always thought this would be a really cool idea for a hack, glad to see someone actually did it!
Thanks! I actually have no experience with competitive gen 1 battling... I just kind of made up the movesets as I went! I'm glad they turned out well.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 07:37 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Wow i! i love the idea of this hack I was always a fan of the battle factory in emerald ! Great work shanty town

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:29 PM
jstolze

For me, I have trainers with level 0 pokemon after the 14th consecutive victory... Maybe you could look into this?

It wasn't just one trainer, either. When I went to swap a PKMN, the Lv:0 PKMN had 10 HP and 5 of every other stat. (Typical Level 0 pokemon stats.)

If you need me to take a screenie, I will. I'm playing it on an android emulator.

I love this hack, but this just kills the fun of it.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 04:48 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

It will be interesting to see this Battle Factory after beating the Elite Four in the original game, Good hack through.

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old February 23rd, 2014, 06:45 AM
jstolze

Is there a limit on how many trainers you can face, or is it never ending, like in Emerald?
Old April 16th, 2014, 07:17 PM
zackcat
Battle Frontier

hey Shanty I really enjoy this romhack. I sent you a PM regarding some things I found in the game I think aren't intentional. I started speedrunning this for fun and just wanted to say thanks! High quality RB hack.

Current streak is 112!
Old April 17th, 2014, 07:42 AM
ShantyTown
Forever Young

I updated the first post to list those bugs. I completely forgot to add those a long time ago. 112 isn't too shabby, however you've more than beaten the game at that point!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links