• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lights, Camera, Action! ☆ Movie Watchers' Club

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Lights, Camera, Action!
the PC movie watchers' club

Welcome! This is the place where we could all get-together and discuss all related to movies, including actors, actresses, genres, etc. etc. Now, before we begin, let's quickly skim through our guidelines.

☆ When posting here, try to stick with to the current topic.
☆ Everyone's allowed to start topics here, but before we do, though, we first have to make sure that at least three people have answered the current one.
☆ You may submit movie reviews here, but please place them in spoiler tags.
☆ If you're embedding media, put them in a spoiler.
☆ Respect others' opinion; be friendly toward each other, and don't bash or flame.
☆ All other PokeCommunity rules apply.

If you'd like to sign-up here, simply fill out the following form and post reply!

[B]Username[/B]:
[B]Favorite movie(s)[/B]:
[B]Answer a topic[/B]:

Topics
These are the topics that have either been discussed or are currently discussing. When posting, you're free to answer any of them!

~ How often do you watch movies?
~ What are you favorite movie genre(s)?
~ What are some of your favorite moment in movies?

Featured
This is our current featured movie, with a video of its official trailer. This will change once every week or two; if you'd like to leave suggestions here, then feel free to do so!

Members
- Peitharchia (owner)
- Denny Hamlin
- Sheep
- Leijon
- LilJz
- Judge Mandolore Shephard
- Adventure

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
FROZEN. I LOVE THAT MOVIE <333

Anyways, you know I'm joining this, gurl.

Username: Axeliira
Favorite movie(s): I'm more of a classic movie gal. The Breakfast Club is my all-time favorite. Alongside that I like Mr. Deeds, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Grease 1 & 2, Sixteen Candles, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Mean Girls, Days of Thunder, The Green Hornet, The Avengers (ok woah that's a lot of movies I like haha).

Whenever I'm in the mood, tbh. If there's a good movie out in theatres, I'll jump ahead and go see it either by myself or with someone. Redbox has good movies to rent out, and Netflix houses the classics, and then there's also PAY PER VIEW. I have so many options to choose from when it comes to moovies. :)

Adventure, science fiction, and sprinkle it with a little romance and sappiness. I also love me some action and gal powah.

May I present to you...THIS. Defines every college class I've been in. xD

Spoiler:

Years
Username: Sheep
Favorite movie(s): I love Pixar and other 3D movies mainly, but those aren't my only favorites. Love Up!, Frozen, Tangled, Toy Story, but also superhero films like Thor and The Avengers.

What are some of your favorite moment in movies?
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Glad you two signed-up, Megan and Janna. Welcome to the club! <3

How often do you watch movies?
As a kid, I used to watch movies a lot. Two - three times per week, maybe, depending on how much free time I had. My cousins used to live downstairs, so they were mainly the people I used to watch them with. xD" Nowadays, though, it's only once or twice per month.

What are you favorite movie genre(s)?
I like almost everything, aside from horror. Last time I had actually watched a horror film was about seven years ago. Long time, huh?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Okay, joining in!

Username: [supporter]Queen of Shipping[/supporter]
Favorite movie(s): Either if it is a musical, a sci-fi-ish movie, or basically anything that is dystopic, teenage drama, has songs, has really great effects, or novels that have been turned to movies is already my fave :]

Usually when I'm bored and need to kill some time :)

Uhm, Romance, Sci-Fi, Musical and combinations of those three :] And maybe put some Comedy in there :33

I sometimes hate those cliched endings or parts like "the guy gets the girl" or "darth vader is luke's father" or something like that.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome, Gunner! Yeah, I'm a fan of comedy, too. :] From last year, one of my favorites of this genre would be This Is The End. It had me laughing from the get-go. The Wolf of Wall Street wasn't too bad, either.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
If anyone hasn't seen The Lego Movie, you definitely should. It's got a big plot twist that isn't what you expect. xD It's also random in so many ways too. Also a huge recommendation if you played/collected Legos when you were younger.

Frozen Spoiler.
Spoiler:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
OMFG MOVIES!

Username: LilJz
Favorite movie(s): Way too much... :C Star Wars trilogy, Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Avengers, Dawn of the Dead, The Mummy Returns, Nightmare on Elm Street series, Chuckie series, etc etc etc :)
Answer a topic: How often do you watch movies? Practically everyday?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome Jz! :) I really adore the Star Wars series. When I was younger, I dressed up as Queen Amidala. I adored her so much. She's still my favorite from the first part, and I also loved when she just Padme. I own the last 3 movies (4, 5 and 6). They were all really good classics!~

Now I'm craving for a movie to watch sometime this weekend. I'm still waiting for March to roll around. I want to watch Divergent so badly!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I actually own all 6 movies in Blu-Ray! :D

100$ werf :3

I got the light saber of Darth Maul since I was a kid and I STILL HAVE IT. Although I never did put batteries in it so it would light up....it's been like 13 years I got it also... =/

The movie I really wanna watch in March is 300: Rise of an Empire and Need for Speed :)

There's still movies released in February I have yet to see tho >.<

SO MUCH MOVIES I WANNA SEE THIS YEAR, OMG!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I actually love the cartoon series, but I've never got to see any of its movies, though, aside from just one. Can't recall what it was called, but it was very fun to watch; almost had me crying at one point. Star Wars: Episode 7 should begin filming sometime this year, and when it's all done, I will definitely give it a go. :) Also, welcome to the club, LilJz!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Haven't seen the cartoon version of Star Wars either, just the live action series. Although I heard the cartoon version is really good and I heard that it should be praised at the same level as the original versions. Probably because it's cartoon? :/

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah; regardless of where you are, cartoon seems to be looked down people. Well, at least in most cases. Anyway, if you're Transformers fan, are any of you looking forward to the new movie--Age of Extinction? I've heard that it's set to be released in June this year.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Speaking of cartoon movies, I'm about to take my sister to the movies right now. She wants to go see Mr. Peabody & Sherman. I saw the previews the other day and it looks to be a pretty cool movie. I'll give you guys a brief review when I return!~

In the meantime, mind if I bring in a new topic?

Do you rent movies? How often do you do?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Not sure if I've ever heard of that one before, haha. Judging from the title, is it comedy?

Do you rent movies? How often do you do?
I used to rent movies from Netflix before, but stopped doing it, as it was quite a hassle to constantly send and receive them and whatnot. Instead, it's a lot better to just buy subscription and watch them over Internet. :]

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Me and my dad used to rent movies from Videotron a lot, I even rented the whole Nightmare on Elm Street series in one take, LOL. But now we just seemed to stopped. Now I'm the only one buying movies :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I used to rent a ton of movies when Blockbuster was around, but now with Redbox and Netflix around the corner, it's not the same anymore and we don't do it as often. It'd be nice if we just rent them at a store because Redbox always runs out of the newer movies and Netflix doesn't have them until a few months later (and that sucks lol).

also a brief review on Mr. Peabody & Sherman!~ It's spoilered, but it does not contain any spoilers from the movie. No worries :)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh, wow, that sounds pretty interesting! I've watched a movie like this before, but can't exactly remember what it was called, though, unfortunately. :( Anyway, starting-up a new topic! What are some movies you're looking forward to watching? Have they been released yet? If not, then when would they be releasing?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I actually watched Non Stop last night and it's breath taking. Absolutely must see! :)

I'll just give you the premise!
It's a Air Marshall who boards on a plane to do his usual job (protecting the citizens and stop anyone who will try to hijack the plane) and then he gets a text message from someone asking for a large sum of money anyways each 20 minutes someone on the plane dies. Worst part? The eprson threatening him is one of the passengers. So he must find out who the person is while trying to protect someone every 20 minutes :)

Also for movies coming out, I'll list the ones that out during the month of May that I wanna see.

300: Rise of an Empire
Need For Speed
Sabotage

Back