The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Battling & Team Building > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Well then, this is your place! Ask for team help concerning in-game play. Any teams meant for battling other people must be posted in the Battle Center's main forum instead.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:48 PM
happynewyear001

Hey there, I was wondering if you could rate my team/give advice

Honchkrow:

Fly
Aerial Ace
Night Slash
Dark Pulse

Blastoise (with Blastoisinite):

Surf
Bite
Ice Beam
Hydro Beam

Gardevioir:

Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic
Moonblast

Vileplume (with Black Sludge):

Giga Drain
Moonlight
Sleep Powder
Acid

Tyranitar:

Crunch
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Arcanine:

Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Dig
Solar Beam
Old February 18th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I think you should consider replacing Vileplume with Breloom. You could catch one at Friend Safari. As far as its moveset goes, try Low Sweep, Mach Punch, Bullet Seed, and either Spore or Stone Edge. For EVs, go with 252 Attack, 4 HP, and put all the rest on Speed. Its item would depend on its last move. If you go with Spore, then you should make it hold Life Orb. If Stone Edge, then it'd be wise to use Choice Band. :] Hope this helps!
Old February 19th, 2014, 10:54 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Blastoise can learn Dark Pulse by TM now, which also gets boosted by Mega Launcher, so it doesn't need Bite anymore. Also, Hydro Pump is terrible. You should replace it with something like Flash Cannon.

As for your Gardevoir, you should replace Hypnosis and Dream Eater with coverage moves like Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, and Energy Ball.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old February 21st, 2014, 08:16 PM
TonyPajamas

Hi!

My recommendation is, if you keep the vileplume, it can probably learn something other than acid. Do you have access to sludge bomb yet? I don't know if it is available pre-elite 4, though.

Poison is rarely an offensive type, and with the weak base power of acid--it just struck me as odd.

I also recommend ditching the fire blast-- I mean you already have flamethrower, which is better imho. If arcane can learn sunny beam, that might be useful?
Old February 22nd, 2014, 03:43 AM
Mr155555

Nature: Adamant
but the thing is arcanine is mostly used as a physical attacker it can be special too but physical is much better breed close combat into him and give him flare blitz thunder fang and extremespeed note that i said thunder fang since you can't get wild charge for a while
Old February 24th, 2014, 06:49 PM
happynewyear001

Thanks for the advice everyone, I haven't played a Pokemon game since Red so I guess I'm stuck in my old way way of thinking

There's a Generation II now?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links