Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page Watch-Along Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old February 26th, 2014 (03:33 PM).
banana-flavored

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by Roxanne Rosie:
omg this episode. like seriously i would freak out if I see all those Venipedes crawling over buildings and stuff in my town.
I did find the one that Ash rescued pretty adorable and also felt a little giddy when they were herding them all. That was pretty cool. Also Pidove evolving so cute aaaa
i actually didn't even think of how creepy that would be when I first watched this lmao. I was more captured by how weirdly adorable Venipede are and Cilan feeding Ash medicine uehehehe
Old March 2nd, 2014 (06:19 AM). Edited March 2nd, 2014 by Wobbu.
ffet

Nature: Relaxed
If this was real life, the Venipede would have had me like:

But I actually thought they were cute, crawling all over the city like they own the place :3

I'm surprised that Trip started to help everyone out. That's why I like him more as a person than Paul; he realized that his original actions weren't the best and started doing the right thing rather than leaving or being like "this is pathetic." I'm even more surprised that Pidove evolved :o That was the last thing that I expected to happen. What happened after the Venipede were gathered in the center, was it carried on to the next episode?
Old March 2nd, 2014 (06:25 AM). Edited March 3rd, 2014 by Aquacorde.
banana-flavored

We-eeell, we don't know what happened. Because the next two episodes were supposed to be Rocket vs Plasma, but then hasty retcon job happened and ??? suddenly gym battle!

sorry im sleepy
Old March 3rd, 2014 (02:02 PM).
banana-flavored

Okay it's Monday, new episode time! We're going to be watching some mid-DP- Arriving in Style! From today the 3rd to next Monday the 10th. It's a good one. Trust me.
Old March 5th, 2014 (02:46 PM).
a fiery passion
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
Haven't watched any DP eps in a looooong time and this one is perfect since I just got to Hearthome in my Easter challenge.

First off, I really don't remember Dawn's voice sounding like that and holy cow Brock's voice
Second, wow Lady Cocoa was so stuck-up jesus christ
Third, i forgot how clever coordnators are in contests. seriously why can't we have that in the game
also lmao james and brock

Overall, it was a decent episode. tbh i wasn't really a fan of the contest eps, but I do love how dorky Jessie looks in her contest attire.

Old March 6th, 2014 (08:43 PM).
banana-flavored

My favourite part of this was absolutely James and Brock as stylists. Especially James, because that boy is so artistic and creative and passionate about what he does and I love when he gets focus time. <3
Old March 9th, 2014 (09:43 PM).
ffet

The James and Brock bromance was by far my favorite part of the episode. They became good friends so fast and they are so perfect for each other lol. Also Brock did such a great job explaining why Wobbuffet is beautiful ;P Another lol at James's pouting during the motto.

Leave it to Hax Ketchum to do good at something that he knows little about -_- but I do agree, he and Pikachu were definitely unique. I'm glad that Dawn won, though. I'm not sure how her performance was any different than the others' but I guess she made Buneary stand out the most.
Old March 9th, 2014 (10:16 PM).
banana-flavored

Well, I wouldn't say Ash was good, just more unique and the most interesting thing the judges had seen in a while. I mean, from the way they were talking it was a stagnating field and Ash's unconventional (or just weird/dumb) approach was... impressive, in a way.

I feel like they certainly could have done a better job of showing us more people that were going all-out with frills and accessories and ignoring the Pokémon. Dawn didn't seem to stand out imo because there was so little to compare her performance to- some filler peeps, Ash, the rude lady, and Jess. Ash was just out there; no comparison could really be made lol. Lady Cocoa was obviously meant to be the representative of the stagnation in Pokémon fashion. And Jess... would have probably won if she went James' way (Dawn's way), but she personally favoured Cocoa's way and attempted to imitate that but ended up being comparable to Ash. If they had given us a better view of people actually in that field, it would have been more noticeable how Dawn stood out imo.
Old March 10th, 2014 (08:34 AM). Edited March 10th, 2014 by Wobbu.
ffet

Showing the other contestants' entire turns instead of just action shots would've made the episode better. I think this was more suited as a two-parter. I expected a second round that only featured Dawn, Cocoa, and Ash facing off for the grand prize because what was the point of singling them out?

I also want to suggest adding Hassle in the Castle to the list of future eps :D it seems like we haven't watched Johto in a while.
Old March 10th, 2014 (12:39 PM).
banana-flavored

Hmm, I'm not sure they could have done a second round. Like, this is showing off specific fashion, yeah? Rather than a two-part contest with appeal + battle. I don't really know how it would work?

((also screw the rules and continue the discussion if you have more to say like who even cares lol))

BUT HEY LET'S DO IT! This week can be Hassle in the Castle, March 10-17th~
Old March 10th, 2014 (01:30 PM).
ffet

Lmao sorry about that. I should probably stop waiting until Sunday to watch the episode. I'll stop after this one :P

The goal was to show off how fabulous you can make your Pokémon look while wearing a stylish attire, right? The second round could have been based on how well the Trainer coordinated their outfit with their Pokémon's outfit. A second round isn't necessary but why did they advance Dawn, Cocoa, and Ash in the first place? Just so they could stand there and be like "we're better than all the other contestants!"? I bet Cocoa had something to do with that rule :P
Old March 10th, 2014 (02:03 PM).
banana-flavored

nah dont worry we're all lame and that rule does not facilitate conversation anyway

I didn't think they "advanced" per se? It was just they picked the finalists and then told them what award they each won. They could have just called them up and delivered the awards at that time, but then there wouldn't have been the timeframe allowing the Rockets to get their plan together. It was just a one-round contest. But speaking of the Rockets, their little plot could have been sacrificed to give us active filler contestants.
Old March 10th, 2014 (08:57 PM).
ffet

Well in that case I'll post on. But didn't Cocoa not win anything? I think it would have been better if Ash was given his unique reward then Dawn and Cocoa were announced as the top two contestants (with Dawn earning her reward soon after). I understand that the producers used that time for Team Rocket's plot but it wasn't necessary. I actually liked their antagonistic presence after Jessie was eliminated because of James's little spur of apathy mixed with Jessie's tantrum. It would've been nice to see James having a stronger rebuttal after Jessie disregarded his plan but he soon gave up against Jessie's ego :\
Old March 10th, 2014 (09:03 PM).
banana-flavored

Yeah I did like their interactions and I love any TR character-based screentime but idk. Something could have been sacrificed for more people in the competition.

Cocoa did win, though- there were three things to win. Overall Winner (best style/presentation/etc) was Dawn. Most Unique (most spirited/interesting but not really best) was Ash. And Cocoa got what she deserved- best costume. That was all she was interested in, after all. Essentially she got runner-up and Ash got honorable mention. So it was pretty much tiered and announced like a normal system.
Old March 11th, 2014 (04:14 AM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
I'm starting with Hassle In The Castle. :)))

It's not the best episode, I must admit. There were some funny moments from Team Rocket. Wobbuffet again proves why it's the funniest character in the anime. It was nice having an episode centered around Brock and his Pokemon for once and seeing an evolution. Apart from the Zubat evolving and Wobbuffet though it was quite boring.
it'll keep you up all night

boy you belong to me
i got the recipe
and it's called black magic

1349 6159 4149 // black magic
Old March 11th, 2014 (08:19 AM).
ffet

Quote originally posted by Naya Rivera:
Wobbuffet again proves why it's the funniest character in the anime.
That was actually the only reason why I suggested this episode :x The scenes when Jessie used Wobbuffet as a pawn, only to end up being caught in the traps herself, are hilarious. But outside of that and Zubat's evolution, there's nothing special. Just the usual Johto humor that I miss.
Old March 17th, 2014 (05:29 PM).
banana-flavored

So, fun fact: I actually had a nightmare based on this episode when I was like 11. It was really really scary and I mean I remember it to this day and that's saying something because my memory is awful. But like, I was sort-of Ash and I had Misty and Brock with me and we were headed toward that castle but we started getting chased by really vicious wolves and they caught my leg and we barely made it into the castle and like. Damn, guys, that was scary. The episode isn't really scary but that dream was lmao.

Speaking of dreams, let's go back to BW for some fun~ Beheeyem, Duosion, and the Dream Thief will be our next episode! From March 17th to 24th, have fun!
Old March 17th, 2014 (08:58 PM).
ffet

Well, first of all, who gives up a creepy castle to a doctor to use as their clinic? Especially one rigged with traps. Like that doesn't seem very safe, I'm sure Jessie would back me up on that.
Old March 19th, 2014 (04:24 PM).
Sage Ghetsis
ModeratorCS

Nature: Adamant
I streamed this week's Watch Along earlier, and all I can say is wow, that was repetitive as hell. It just seemed super boring to me because they were just doing the same thing over and over. The coolest part of the episode was the foreshadowing that had nothing to do with the rest of the episode at the very end.

Also that's not Officer Jenny someone fire the writers.

I would really like to watch Clefairy Tales next, as it's one of the most vivid episodes I have in my memory, mostly because I had it on tape. It's a really fun old school episode, and that even means I can stream it off Netflix so win/win.

Staff Antagonist Collab 2015
Old March 24th, 2014 (06:04 PM). Edited April 1st, 2014 by Aquacorde.
banana-flavored

Awww I liked that one. It's silly and cute and Meowth really is a fun addition to Team Twerp.

We can do Clefairy Tales now! March 24 - April 7, aight?
Old April 1st, 2014 (12:53 AM).
ffet

The anime was so silly back then haha. If it weren't for future episodes reinforcing that alien species exists and that they have advanced technology, then this episode would've been really strange. Good thing I watched this way after its airdate. So the scene when the spaceship drove from the ground onto the building, did anyone else notice how the ship bent 90 degrees like it was made of rubber?
Old April 5th, 2014 (07:28 AM). Edited April 5th, 2014 by Azazel.
Sage Ghetsis
ModeratorCS

Nature: Adamant
It really is interesting how the series has changed since back then, and even between the earliest episodes and that. I remember when we watched episode 2 and that was considerably more to the tune of newer episodes than Clefairy Tales was. I rather liked how goofy it was, I found myself legitimately laughing which is weird because I thought for sure I wouldn't. Oswald was a total dork, lmao, my favorite moment was when he was scanning everyone to see that they were an alien, including Misty! XD

If no one has any problem with it, I'd like to watch BW120, Ash and N: A Clash of Ideals, next. I haven't seen any of the N saga but it was the one part of BW that actually seemed interesting to me. Scratch that, I vote The Wayward Wobbuffet because aww yeah Wobbuffet! But put BW120 on hold for me if you could.

Staff Antagonist Collab 2015
Old April 5th, 2014 (04:27 PM).
banana-flavored

I kind of think Pokémon has almost lost some of the freedom to be silly like that now. Like, now that it's huge everywhere people expect more out of it and the writers are ever more careful about the stories they choose. But they kind of lose out on the pure silly entertainment that they started out with.
Old April 5th, 2014 (04:51 PM).
ffet

I've noticed that the human characters have become serious and have almost completely lost their senses of humor over the years. Most of the comedy is produced by the Pokémon, usually by some sort of physical comedy since they can't tell jokes. Like compare Leon from the Dream Thief episode to Oswald. Oswald didn't really add anything to the plot but he provided a laugh every now and then, whereas Leon was more used as a plot dummy.

But I support Sage Ghetsis's vote for Wayward Wobbuffet next week :D
Old April 5th, 2014 (05:05 PM).
banana-flavored

That's very true. I'd like to see more actual jokes and human reactions that make me laugh as opposed to Pokémon just around for being cute dumb animals. Like they used to be pretty good at portraying Pokémon as individuals; now they're all pretty... dumbed down. XY is getting there I think, but I don't know if it could ever be as silly as Kanto. Pokémon was just a lot more free back then.

Fav part of the ep was Team Twerps having absolutely no reaction to TR as they took Pikachu and left. That was a lovely "beat" moment.

All you Wobbuffet lovers jeez. :P We can totally do that tho haha.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)