The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old March 2nd, 2014, 04:25 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Smiley Yum Yum View Post
I have a question - on Egyptian Era, do nostrils count as a nose?
Pretty much o.o
Nostrils are part of a nose, so they count

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old March 5th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Happy Smiley Yum Yum

Another question. Can we use banned type pokemon that are mandatory in other eras? Like could I use Crobat in Mobster Mania in Hoenn?
Jurassic Jam ¦ Ice Age ¦ Stone Age ¦ Egyptian Era ¦ Medieval Era ¦ Renaissance Era ¦ The Pirate Golden Age ¦ Industrial Revolution ¦ Westward Expansion ¦ The Progressive Era ¦ Mobster Mania ¦ The Sci-Fi Like Future ¦ The Post-Apocalyptic Scenario ¦ Time Rift
Old March 7th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Smiley Yum Yum View Post
Another question. Can we use banned type pokemon that are mandatory in other eras? Like could I use Crobat in Mobster Mania in Hoenn?
You can only use the mandatory Pokemon of an era in the era they belong to. And each generation of an era has different mandatory pokemon. So, unless Crobat is listed as a mandatory pokemon in Hoenn's mobster maia (which I'm pretty sure isn't xD) you can't use it, even if it might be mandatory for a different region of the same era.

Old March 11th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Svien
The cool guy

Nature: Relaxed
I thought I might post an update on my progres:
Team:
Torterra, level 44
Moves: Earthquake, Bite, Synthesis, Razor Leaf
Basiodon, level 36
Moves: Taunt, AncientPower, Take Down, Iron Defense
Yanma, level 27
Moves: SonicBoom, Detect, Supersonic, Uproar
Badges: 5

Is it right that the only pokemon that is allowed in your team that can learn fly Aerodactyl?
Old March 11th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

You could use an HM slave for Fly or Aerodactyl since it comes from a fossil.

Old March 19th, 2014, 02:22 PM
YC12182001

Nature: Calm
Username: YC12182001
Game: Emerald
Era: The Pirate Golden Age
Old March 20th, 2014, 04:51 PM
~Justified~
~Working On A New Rom Hack~

Nature: Brave
Username: ShadowGreninja
Game: Soul Silver
Era: Post-Apocalyptic Era
John 15:13

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Looking For:
Anyone willing to help with the game.
Pokemon Team Building Guide
Old March 20th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
I have an idea for a time.. "Rise of Communism"

Era Types: Dark, Fighting, Fire, Ground, Normal, Poison, Electric

Mandatory:
If you can, use a Pokemon that can learn moves that represent the Hammer, Sickle, and Red Star. Ursaring, Beartic, and Pangoro may also be used as bears are symbolic of the Russian people.
Avoid Pokemon associated with enemies of Mother Russia, including money (like Meowth [Greed] and Sharpedo [Loan sharks]), our American adversaries (like Snorlax, Slaking, and Braviary), and the Czar (any Pokemon associated with royalty and the bourgeoisie, such as Honchkrow, Pyroar etc.), and any Pig-like Pokemon ("Capitalist pigs" Primeape, Mamoswine, Emboar)

Banned Types: Fairy, Dragon, Ghost, Psychic, Grass, Bug

Era Rules: You must NEVER use the Poke Mart (unless you need TMs), as it represents the tyranny of capitalism! However... Other stores, those are run by working class comrades, are the only places you may buy from or sell to. Also.. NO HM SLAVES!
Johto game rules: Once you reach Kanto, you may Rock(excluding fossils), Ice (excluding Swinub line and Delibird), and Steel-types.
(Optional Rules: "Stalin Mode; Add two non-banned types to the list, because Russia has entered World War II! Also, churches are open for wartime, so any "Holy" Pokemon may be used (but still no Legendaries)."
"Gorbachev Mode; You may use ONE Pokemon associated with our old enemies and ONE banned type during this period of Glasnost! And buy whatever you'd like, the market is free!")

If you accept this as a Time, I will take the challenge.
Username: Digimon Kaiser
Game: Soul Silver (or Sapphire if my Rise of Communism is not accepted)
Era: Rise of Communism ( or The Pirate Golden Age if RoC is not accepted)
-Vladimir Lenin

Last edited by Digimon Kaiser; March 20th, 2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old March 20th, 2014, 07:47 PM
blademaa
Dragon-Type Trainer

Nature: Bold

Username: blademaa
Game: Emerald
Era: Time Rift

I do have a question though, and I'd like it if you could PM it the answer to me. Anyways, this is regarding the types that are allowed. What about the Starters? Do they not fall under the typing ban, or do they? Also, for the Lost rule, do you get to pick an Era in the beginning before you go to a gym, or no?Those are all my questions. I'll leave a Log of what I have done every day, along with a link to a video of it that I will be recording for Youtube. I will be using the Pokemon Emerald ROM since I no longer own a gameboy to play it on. Plus, this will help you legitimize my team and Era rules.

I'd also like to make a Era recommendation.

Great Depression Era:
Era Types: BugIC.gifGroundIC.gifNormalIC.gifPoisonIC.gif
Mandatory:
Kanto: Venomoth or Venonat
Johto: Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, or Muk
Hoenn: Linoone or a pokemon with Pick-up
Sinnoh: Croagunk or Toxicroak
Unova: Trubbish
Kalos: Furfrou (No styling allowed. Must remain the same style throughout.)
Banned: Electric, Psychic, Fairy, Dragon, Dark.
Era Rules: You must follow the first two rules, and choose a bonus rule at the bottom.
>Stock Market Crash: You may only purchase lower-grade items. Period. You may NOT sell any items until you have gotten the 4th Gym Badge.
>The Dust Bowl: One of your pokemon must learn Sandstorm.
>>The New Deal: The New Deal has been put in place, and the CCC has just been authorized. You may pick any one banned type and use it after you obtain the 2nd Badge. You must have one pokemon remain at the Evolution you get it at, and that pokemon must be, at most, 5 levels higher than any other Pokemon on your team.
>>WWII Industrial Boom: The Great Depression has just hit a turning point. Electric-Types are now authorized for use. Also, you must have one Pokemon that can learn a Projectile-move (Fling, Bullet Seed, Razor Leaf, Rollout, Rockblast, etc.).

Johto Game Rule: The Odd One Out: Looks like you are a cut above the rest. Once you can access Kanto, you may use Dragon-Types. Also, your Youngest Pokemon has just retired. You are now allowed to evolve the pokemon that you used for the New Deal Rule (If you chose to.).

Last edited by Sydian; March 20th, 2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Please don't double post!
Old March 24th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Tek
Pokéggs and Bacon
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I've got a bit of a good news, bad news update. The bad: I don't have a GBC or Silver version anymore, so I have to drop my Medieval challenge. The good news is that I'm ready to challenge the E4 in my Jurassic Jam challenge. Here's the update:

Spoiler:

BELLAHBUZZ wrecked Sabrina and her gym members. BELLAHBUZZ took a Psybeam from Sabrina's Venomoth and a Future Sight from Alakazam, and still had almost half of her health left. I'm really proud of my bugs.

I surfed to the Seafoam Islands to do some training and gather items. After that I took Diglett's tunnel to Viridian City (nobody knows Fly yet). I started surfing towards Cinnabar but realized I forgot to get the Old Amber, so I turned around and went to Pewter City.

Upon arriving in Cinnabar, I gave my Helix Fossil to the weird scientist and started wandering around the burned mansion. When I stepped out to heal, I went to grab my Omanyte. I soft reset about twenty times before I got one I liked, and named her Ohleveeyah. Was hopin for a male to name Oregon, but oh well. I then gave the scientist the Old Amber and finished exploring the burned mansion. I retrieved my Aerodactyl and named him Alan. No soft resets this time since Alan is just going to be an HM buddy.

Before entering the Cinnabar Gym, I boxed Thrashella so that I could have both Alan and Ohleveeyah in my party. I plan on going to the islands with Bill after the gym (where the PC system will be unavailable), so I want to be ready to rock.

I battled all the trainers I could at the Sevii Islands, and then paid a visit to the Viridian City Gym. Ohleveeyah and Tidus cleared the path to Giovanni with Surf. During the badge battle, Ohleveeyah, at level 38, took down two Rhyhorn (levels 47 and 50), as well as a Dugtrio, using a single Surf attack for each. Stunner took down the Nidos.

I pretty well wiped the floor with Rival Kite's team, with the exception of his Blastoise, which actually put up a fight before going down. Then came Victory Road, about which I need only say 'ugh'.

And so it was that I began my final preparations for the Elite 4. I grinded Tidus two levels to Lv 51, and used five of my six Rare Candies so that he would learn Outrage. The last Rare Candy is an insurance policy - if I get stuck during the E4 challenge, I can use it to evolve Tidus, boosting his stats to an enormous degree. I replaced Tidus' Thunder Wave with Thunder, and replaced his Slam with Double-Edge. I used the move deleter to have both Tidus and Ohleveeyah forget Surf. I then used my only two Ultra Balls to catch a pair of Paras. I took the Tinymushrooms to the Move Relearner, who taught Ohleveeyah Bite. I then taught Ohleveeyah Blizzard, Double Team, and Toxic via TM. I taught Charizard Focus Punch via TM, and the crazy lady in the Sevii Islands taught him Blast Burn. Finally, the sleepy guy taught Stunner Dream Eater. I've purchased my 10 Revives and Full Restores, and I feel ready!

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Bellahbuzz the Beedrill
Jolly Female Lv 48
Aerial Ace/Twineedle/Focus Energy/Cut

Stunner the Butterfree
Timid Male Lv 47
Dream Eater/Sleep Powder/Supersonic/Flash

Tyrant the Shiny Charizard
Adamant Male Lv 52
Flamethrower/Focus Punch/Blast Burn/Smokescreen

Tidus the Dragonair
Quiet Male Lv 56
Double-Edge/Outrage/Thunder/-

Ohleveeyah the Omastar
Sassy Female Lv 43
Bite/Blizzard/Double Team/Toxic

Alan the Aerodactyl
Rash Male Lv 5
Wing Attack/Fly/Strength/Rock Smash

EDIT: attempted to beat E4 just for grins, accidentally won.

Final update:
Spoiler:

Stopped to grab my healing items from the PC. Would've been sorry without those!

Lorelei's battle is the one I was most worried about, and is the reason that Ohleveeyah was taught Double Team, Toxic, and Bite. I had to use all three of my hyper potions against her first Dewgong, but after that, the rest fell like dominoes.

Bruno's match was a little rocky, metaphorically and literally. Ohleveeyah took down the first Onix with a Blizzard. Tyrant downed a Hitmonchan but was KO'd by Machamp. Machamp also KO'd Bellahbuzz, and then Stunner cleaned up the rest.

Ohleveeyah basically solo'd against Agatha. I used my only x-accuracy against her first Gengar, since it likes to use Double Team. I also had to use a Full Restore on Ohleveeyah due to that Gengar's Toxic. Ohleveeyah froze Agatha's Golbat with a Blizzard, and took down the rest of the ghosts with Bite. The second Gengar forced me to use three chesto berries, an awakening, and a full heal with its stupid Hypnosis that was way more accurate than it should have been. Stunner took down the Arbok, and Agatha was beaten.

I forgot to teach Tyrant the Dragon Claw TM, but it didn't matter; Lance went down much easier than expected. His first Dragonair did manage to KO both Ohleveeyah and Stunner, forcing me to use two of my three max revives. I was some kind of lucky, though: I used Thunder twice and Blizzard about five times and none of those missed! I decided to teach Tidus Rain Dance before moving on.

The final battle was a bit of a doozy due to all the full restores my rival used as well as the fact that nobody knew a water type move to use against Rhydon >.< but after many revives, full restores, Sleep Powders and Flashes, I prevailed. Rain Dance was also helpful in reducing the damage his Arcanine dished out.

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Bellahbuzz the Beedrill
Jolly Female Lv 48
Aerial Ace/Twineedle/Focus Energy/Cut

Stunner the Butterfree
Timid Male Lv 48
Dream Eater/Sleep Powder/Supersonic/Flash

Tyrant the Shiny Charizard
Adamant Male Lv 53
Flamethrower/Focus Punch/Blast Burn/Smokescreen

Tidus the Dragonair
Quiet Male Lv 56
Double-Edge/Outrage/Thunder/Rain Dance

Alan the Aerodactyl
Rash Male Lv 5
Wing Attack/Fly/Strength/Rock Smash

Ohleveeyah the Omastar
Sassy Female Lv 47
Bite/Blizzard/Double Team/Toxic

Closing Remarks:
I really enjoyed this challenge. I've used a Butterfree before, but I've never kept it to the end, and never bothered with Beedrill at all. I'll probably take another Time Warp journey eventually, but I'm going to avoid the ones where you can't use Pokemarts. It makes perfect sense why they were unavailable, and I did volunteer for the restriction, but it just took way more time than I would've liked with the constant running back to the Poke center (this was a 60-hour challenge).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg‎ (493.8 KB, 18 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Tek; March 25th, 2014 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old April 20th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Happy Smiley Yum Yum

Finished Stone Age (again - for screenshot).

Torkoal was surprisingly good, though I used him less later in the game. Bellossom was my star - she was a total powerhouse with Petal Dance. Swampert was Swampert - same as normal. Relicanth was there out of necessity and because Double Edge. Exploud was just to carry the type moves that were forbidden (like electric ones) and did that well. Aggron was brill - I'm very glad I caught him early on.

Finished Egyptian Era.

Ninjask was amazing. Altaria was very good too. Xatu was a surprise because it was great. Rhydon was good, though if I made him physical he'd have been stronger. Sandslash was amazing because he was fast. Delcatty was good too, albeit very fragile.
Jurassic Jam ¦ Ice Age ¦ Stone Age ¦ Egyptian Era ¦ Medieval Era ¦ Renaissance Era ¦ The Pirate Golden Age ¦ Industrial Revolution ¦ Westward Expansion ¦ The Progressive Era ¦ Mobster Mania ¦ The Sci-Fi Like Future ¦ The Post-Apocalyptic Scenario ¦ Time Rift

Last edited by Sydian; April 20th, 2014 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Please don't double post!
Old April 23rd, 2014, 01:49 PM
HeroesAndCons

I would be interested in joining up but I have two issues:
1) I'm confused by what the noted era types and banned types mean for the types that are not mentioned in each era.
2) Why are there mandatory Pokemon that conflict with banned types / colours / whatever (specifically: Lucario and Heliolisk in Egyptian Era, Malamar in Pirate Age, Scyther/Scizor in Progressive Era, Crobat and Honchkrow in Mobster Mania, Miltank and Rotom in Westward Expansion, and Trevenant and Gourgeist in Time Rift)?
Old April 23rd, 2014, 02:05 PM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
I would be interested in joining up but I have two issues:
1) I'm confused by what the noted era types and banned types mean for the types that are not mentioned in each era.
2) Why are there mandatory Pokemon that conflict with banned types / colours / whatever (specifically: Lucario and Heliolisk in Egyptian Era, Malamar in Pirate Age, Scyther/Scizor in Progressive Era, Crobat and Honchkrow in Mobster Mania, Miltank and Rotom in Westward Expansion, and Trevenant and Gourgeist in Time Rift)?
Banned types means that even if the Pokemon has an Era type, if it has a banned type it can never be used.

Pokemon with only types not mentioned cannot be used.

And mandatory Pokemon override any type requirements of the era.
Old April 26th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Nevron

Sounds fun!

Username: Nevron
Game: Black 2
Era: Medieval Era
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:48 AM
okoloto

Username:okoloto
Game:fire red
Era: Jurasic Jam but i made up one of the ways that i play. When i complete a era i get a bit of the energy to travel to the next era so when i complete one i will do the next one
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Someday
Patriots 1-1

Nature: Modest
Username: GucciMeme
Game: Blue, Black
Era: Jurrassic Jam

No money, no problems.

FINISHED BLACK:
Spoiler:

My team was: Seismitoad, Oshawott, Leavanny, Galvantula, Darmanitan and Simisage.

I wanted to post a Hall Of Fame pic, but save issues would not permit me to do so.

Team:
Seismitoad Lv.53
Oshawott Lv.53
Leavanny Lv.52
Galvantula Lv.51
Darmanitan Lv.56
Simisage Lv.50

Last edited by Someday; June 10th, 2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old June 10th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Someday
Patriots 1-1

Nature: Modest
I'm double-posting to continue this thread, and to announce that I am dropping out of my Blue Challenge.
Old June 11th, 2014, 06:19 AM
lukesk1

Username: lukesk1
Game: Pearl
Era: Sci-Fi like Era

Quick question, If there are no pure poison types in Pearl, and it's mandatory for my era to at least have one, then what do I do?

Kanto 8/8, Johto 11/16, Hoenn 0/8, Sinnoh 0/8, Unova 0/8

Last edited by Sydian; June 16th, 2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Please don't double post!
Old June 12th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesk1 View Post
Quick question, If there are no pure poison types in Pearl, and it's mandatory for my era to at least have one, then what do I do?

You can use a poison type of your choice then.
I should go over that rule again c.c

Old June 15th, 2014, 08:46 AM
AoTora

Nature: Calm
And we just came back from traveling to egyptian era with these pals:

Venusaur, Pidgeot, Swoobat, Scolipede, Nidoqueen and Espeon.. Weird looking team for Emerald right? Well it wasn't emerald.. it was Flora Sky C. Dex version~

Here is the hall of fame:

Spoiler:

Here is the final team:

Nira|Female|Sassy Nature|Synchronize|Lvl 63|@Lucky Egg
Calm Mind
Morning Sun
Bite
Psychic

Pilot|Male|Naive Nature|Keen Eye|Lvl 56|@Lucky Egg
Fly
Tackle
Quick Attack
Wing Attack

Ivy|Male|Lax Nature|Overgrow|Lvl 67|@Lucky Egg
Flash
Outrage
Giga Drain
Frenzy Plant

Eliza|Female|Jolly Nature|Poison Point|Lvl 68|@Lucky Egg
Strength
Poison Fang
AuraSphere
Earthquake

Tyana|Female|Mild Nature|Swarm|Lvl 61|@Lucky Egg
Poison Tail
Signal Beam
Toxic
Rock Smash

Kokoro|Male|Docile Nature|Insomnia|Lvl 60|@Lucky Egg
Confusion
Air Slash
Fly
Aerial Ace

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old June 22nd, 2014, 02:25 PM
Farthumm

Finished my Black run of the Egyptian Era comment #369.

Also starting up a new challenge

Username: Farthumm
Game: HeartGold
Era: The Pirate Golden Age

Also going to switch Ghost with Rock types.

Update #1
Spoiler:

Picked Totodile as my starter
Captured Lvl 3 Spearow on Route 46
Captured Lvl 3 Geodude on Route 46
Captured Lvl 6 Wooper on Route 32
Defeated Faulkner for Zephyr Badge

Spoiler:

Spearow Lvl 11
Modest - Keen Eye
Fury Attack
Peck
Leer
Growl

Geodude Lvl 10
Naughty - Sturdy
Tackle
Defense Curl
Mud Sport
Rock Polish

Wooper Lvl 6
Naughty - Damp
Water Gun
Tail Whip
Mud Sport

Totodile Lvl 11
Docile - Torrent
Water Gun
Scratch
Rage
Leer

Last edited by Farthumm; August 1st, 2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old June 24th, 2014, 01:13 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Congratulations to all those that finished their runs <3
I'm gonna get around to updating soon

Old June 24th, 2014, 03:38 AM
Pendraflare
I'm a...fireball.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
This does look cool, but a few questions I have before I consider signing up:

1. Just to clarify for the Emergency Supplies rule, you can buy 10 Full Restores and Revives before the Elite Four regardless of your other rules, but that's it? Also, you can use Poké Balls to catch your normal team members, correct?
2. For Black and White, do you have any intention of changing the end point to Ghetsis instead of Alder?

Sorry if this shouldn't be asked here, but thanks!
Old June 24th, 2014, 09:22 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Can you add a Viking Era?
Types:Electric Steel Fire Ice Normal Water and Phychc?
An Odin/Thor/Loki kind of thing.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old June 24th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
This does look cool, but a few questions I have before I consider signing up:

1. Just to clarify for the Emergency Supplies rule, you can buy 10 Full Restores and Revives before the Elite Four regardless of your other rules, but that's it? Also, you can use Poké Balls to catch your normal team members, correct?
2. For Black and White, do you have any intention of changing the end point to Ghetsis instead of Alder?

Sorry if this shouldn't be asked here, but thanks!
Yeah. 10 Full Restores and Revives. That's it. You use that and whatever else you've safekept for he E4
As for the B/W ending, I never really finished B/W so I dunno which is shorter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
Can you add a Viking Era?
Types:Electric Steel Fire Ice Normal Water and Phychc?
An Odin/Thor/Loki kind of thing.
I'll see what I can do with that Feel free to VM me if you have any rules ideas and stuff,

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here