Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Battling & Team Building > In-Game Team Help
Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Well then, this is your place! Ask for team help concerning in-game play. Any teams meant for battling other people must be posted in the Battle Center's main forum instead.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 24th, 2014, 10:30 AM
glaceon21

Doing a challenge vs sister,
race to beat elite four and battle each other at the end.

Atm i have a charmeleon and nidoran. I'm thinking charzard, nidoking, gyarados, jolteon but dno for other two. Any ideas or change in plans? I kinda wanted vaporean has a tank but im thinking of laprace cause jolteon seems good.

Thanks, I haven't played in years
Old March 3rd, 2014, 12:07 PM
wolf

Jolteon and Lapras sounds fine.

I wouldn't recommend using Gyarados. It can't use either of its STABs effectively. Water moves use Gyarados' poor SAtk, and it doesn't learn any good Flying moves aside from Hidden Power. I suggest using Psychic Pokemon like Alakazam or Kadabra, Starmie, Jynx, and Exeggutor to help with all the Poison Pokemon in the game.

As for the last team slot, I'd go for a Normal or Fighting Pokemon to round things off. Preferably something that can deal with Psychic Pokemon easily, like Snorlax. Magneton would be useful too, but you're already using Jolteon so it might be redundant.
pc battle server • skype: awolffromspace
Old July 18th, 2014, 08:35 AM
MasterMedicham
A Medicham full of wisdom

Choose Starmie instead of Gyarados and Lapras. It has better s. attack and speed, and with its psychical powers it can take down Weezing very easy.
There is no good grass type in Firered so if you want a grass type I would go on Vileplume. It isn't so strong but if it learns Petal dance it becomes strong.
For the last Pokemon I would recommend Hitmonlee. A strong fighting type Pokemon
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:30 PM
MathewCS

Nature: Relaxed
if you can trade i would recommend you an Alakazam, he tan take down almost ever pokemon in the game. Also instead of a Gyarados, a Vaporeon is better. And for the additional slot a Snorlax is always a good choice, or having a fighting tipe like Hitmonchan.

COUNTER STRIKE 1.6 REPRESENT!
CHILE <3 <3
Old July 31st, 2014, 03:21 AM
dresden_88
Warden

Nature: Modest
this might sound a bit risky and rewarding, but one of my favourites to use against the E4's Bruno in particular, also fairly effective against agatha; none other than, Butterfree!
now, the real surprise is the moveset to use.
i've found running butterfree with Sleep Powder, Dreameater, Shadow Ball and Giga Drain, to be alarmingly effective. even more remarkable that such an early-game pokemon can turn into quite a problem situationally.

i hope that helps offer up some interesting ideas
It is a wizard's prerogative, to be perpetually grumpy.
Old July 31st, 2014, 08:14 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

The person who started this thread hasn't been on the forums since February. I think five months is a little too late for advice.

Please don't post in threads that are over a month old.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links