Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner > Trade Shops
Reload this Page
X
Y
Hack/Scam Report Mega Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Trade Shops Need a very specific Pokémon bred or trained for your team? In this forum you can browse the vast collections of our most established traders!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 13th, 2014 (09:25 AM).
Crystal Tier
FC:
IGN:

Quote originally posted by Everlark:
Another cloning request...I need to learn how to do this ugh.

Pokemon: Landorus
Copies: 3 copies + original (cloner may clone one for themselves if they'd like)
Availability: Varies, usually late nights and all day Mondays
FC: 1478-4258-2513, gen VI, IGN: Allison

Oh nooo. :( That sucks. My non-shiny WSHMKR Jirachi made it through, so it's likely the latter reason if I had to guess. I didn't even know that Jirachi could be shiny.
From what I remember there are only a certain number of possible PIDs that could be shiny. For future reference non of them had good IVs so any 6 IV shiny Jirachis are automatic hacks.
Quote originally posted by Sebastian_Sommer:
I'd like to report a hacked pokemon I got from the GTS.
species: Ho-oh
nature:Bold
OT: SER
ID no. 44539
Not a shiny.

Reason: It's a lvl 37 Italian Ho-oh in a masterball that originates from the Hoenn region which is a complete lie cause all of the Ho-ohs there are lvl 73. It also got the recover move which could only be learnt at lvl 71.

BTW, could someone give me some pointers on how to put the jpeg image from my desktop into this thread? sorry about the inconvenience
You can upload the image to a file sharing site such as imgur or photobucket.
Quote originally posted by 루기아:
That is the case, unfortunately. Shiny WISHMKR was an oversight by Game Freak; WISHMKR Jirachi was intended to be shiny locked but it wasn't.
So no shiny Jirachi can be transferred even if it's legit?
Old February 13th, 2014 (09:34 AM).
Claptrap Directive 3: DANCE!
ModeratorCSGTEO
FC: 1435-4289-9306
IGN: Wilhelm

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by EV♥:
That likely seems to be the case, but I'm hoping I can find someone with a confirmed legit one so we can confirm this ourselves.

Old February 13th, 2014 (06:17 PM).
Platinum Tier
FC:
IGN:

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by EV♥:
Yup, shiny Jirachi is completely blocked from Bank regardless of whether or not if it is legit/legal and it will probably be until there is a shiny event giveaway which is less than likely. Considering shiny 6IV Deoxys can get through, I don't see any other explanation.
Old March 6th, 2014 (10:32 PM). Edited March 6th, 2014 by RedPhxOriginal.
FC:
IGN:

I have a question. If I get say a female Snivy using an action replay and then breed that Snivy with a much easier to obtain male Snivy that I got at the beginning of the game, will the offspring be illegitimate because of its obtained by device mom?

Also wanted to ask if pokemon obtained through the cloning glitch on Emerald are illegitimate?
Old March 8th, 2014 (05:46 PM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier
FC: 0946 2243 9665
IGN: Tabor

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by RedPhxOriginal:
I have a question. If I get say a female Snivy using an action replay and then breed that Snivy with a much easier to obtain male Snivy that I got at the beginning of the game, will the offspring be illegitimate because of its obtained by device mom?

Also wanted to ask if pokemon obtained through the cloning glitch on Emerald are illegitimate?
It gets really really technical because of people's differing opinions. But what I'm trying to say is, for things like this, it's up to you. Some people say they're hacked, some don't.

However, I can suggest that you catch a Ditto in at Giant Chasm after you beat the game if you can wait that long.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 28th, 2014 (06:02 AM). Edited April 28th, 2014 by LuckyLucario2000.
FC: 0190-0231-5358
IGN: Jon

Nature: Calm
EDIT: The problem has been resolved, all traded Pokemon were returned to their original owners and Ricky has released all of his known hacked Pokemon. He's new to Pokemon so he didn't know about event Pokemon coming in the red event balls.
Old April 28th, 2014 (06:18 AM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

Going to PM you right now asking for for more details.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old April 28th, 2014 (07:08 AM).
FC: 0963-1145-3631
IGN: Ricky

Is it possible to get shiny shaymin or are they hacked?
Old April 28th, 2014 (07:40 AM).
FC: 0190-0231-5358
IGN: Jon

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by tabor62:

It gets really really technical because of people's differing opinions. But what I'm trying to say is, for things like this, it's up to you. Some people say they're hacked, some don't.

However, I can suggest that you catch a Ditto in at Giant Chasm after you beat the game if you can wait that long.
If someone has a problem with cloned Pokemon, they should have a little chat with Mewtwo.
Old April 28th, 2014 (07:52 AM).
This is a Sailor's Prayer
Crystal Tier
FC: 1048-9068-0349
IGN: Dylicious/Mayweather

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrael
Quote originally posted by RickyMeister:
Is it possible to get shiny shaymin or are they hacked?
It /is/ possible to get one, but legit ones are quite rare. At the time of the event for Shaymin, it wasn't known they could be shiny. I'd assume that most of the shiny Shaymin you get are a result of someone hacking the Wondercard for the event into their game and the RNG'ing/SR'ing the Shaymin to be shiny.
Old April 29th, 2014 (05:13 PM).
Mother Of All Pokemon!!
FC: 4012 5688 9276
IGN: ~RNC~

Nature: Quirky
Ok I would not normally do this but a friend (janejane6178) that has been scammed, I think she a little scared to post here, but she traded a vivillion in a trade from overdid for a pokemon (don't remember which) that was supposed to be a 5 or 6 IV poke and turned out to be only 2 IV poke, some thing need to be done as she was messaged with no response back and no solution.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old April 30th, 2014 (07:22 AM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by ~RNC~:
Ok I would not normally do this but a friend (janejane6178) that has been scammed, I think she a little scared to post here, but she traded a vivillion in a trade from overdid for a pokemon (don't remember which) that was supposed to be a 5 or 6 IV poke and turned out to be only 2 IV poke, some thing need to be done as she was messaged with no response back and no solution.
I'll be handling this initially, but I'll also be talking to my partners too. If possible, she should PM me or another TC staff member directly as it will make much easier to communicate.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old April 30th, 2014 (10:55 AM).
Mother Of All Pokemon!!
FC: 4012 5688 9276
IGN: ~RNC~

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by tabor62:
I'll be handling this initially, but I'll also be talking to my partners too. If possible, she should PM me or another TC staff member directly as it will make much easier to communicate.
Thanks Tabor, I will tell her to PM you, I think she would be more comfortable with a PM that posting here, Cordelia deleted the post out of overdid shop so hopefully she'll remember where janejane posted to get her poke back.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old April 30th, 2014 (11:12 AM).
Moshtradamus
FC: 0705-3333-7308
IGN: Ranulf / Mogwai

Nature: Careful
Have her report any PM conversations as well so that we may review them.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old May 2nd, 2014 (04:02 AM). Edited May 2nd, 2014 by Sebastian_Sommer.
Rocket grunt
FC: 3625-8591-5063
IGN: Sebastian

Nature: Relaxed
I'd like to check on another Ho-oh that I received through the gts, everything about it checks out as a legitimately caught legendary from pokemon HGSS (stats, moves, pokeball and region). However, there's one minor problem with its IV. It's apparently a flawless legendary.
Does anyone think that it's a hacked pokemon?
Old May 2nd, 2014 (05:26 AM).
FireRed Nuzlocke
FC:
IGN:

Nature: Naughty
I'd like to check on another Ho-oh that I received through the gts, everything about it checks out as a legitimately caught legendary from pokemon HGSS (stats, moves, pokeball and region). However, there's one minor problem with its IV. It's apparently a flawless legendary.
Does anyone think that it's a hacked pokemon?
I'm not experienced with this but it seems like a lucky encounter or it was made, I don't think I remember hearing about a ho-oh giveaway for hg-ss.

Also I would like to ask if external event Pokémon with a premier ball are fake or not?
Blaziken, Primal Groudon, Diancie, Mightyena, Rayquaza

Walking down the path I know. Banning Pokémon just because you don't know how to beat them is just plain wrong. It's like banning alcohol because it makes ugly people pretty.
Old May 2nd, 2014 (05:34 AM).
Rocket grunt

Quote originally posted by Hatsune Mika:
I'm not experienced with this but it seems like a lucky encounter or it was made, I don't think I remember hearing about a ho-oh giveaway for hg-ss.

Also I would like to ask if external event Pokémon with a premier ball are fake or not?
It's a japanese Ho-oh that originates from the Johto region which gives me the reason to believe that it was either caught purely through RNG encounter within the HG game or it was generated. But I already checked the ID of the trainer and I couldn't find them in the pokecheck website. So I'm confused whether it's legit or not.

btw, Ho-oh can be caught in the HG game at lvl 45, it can also be caught at SS but it's lvl will be 70
Old May 3rd, 2014 (02:43 PM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Hatsune Mika:
External event? You mean like an event distribution? Where you directly get the Pokemon and there's no need to catch it?

In which case, I'd say fake. I cannot recall or find any event Pokemon distributed in a Premier Ball

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old May 4th, 2014 (07:47 PM).
Rocket grunt

could I assume that the Ho-oh I received is legit?
Old May 5th, 2014 (04:51 AM).
FireRed Nuzlocke
FC:
IGN:

Nature: Naughty
could I assume that the Ho-oh I received is legit?
I believe so but have someone check for sure if they have too.
Blaziken, Primal Groudon, Diancie, Mightyena, Rayquaza

Walking down the path I know. Banning Pokémon just because you don't know how to beat them is just plain wrong. It's like banning alcohol because it makes ugly people pretty.
Old May 28th, 2014 (10:59 AM).
FC: 1907-8814-0182
IGN: Anna-Marie

Nature: Lonely
Okay. So today I received a shiny mew among many other shiny legends. I'm fairly worried about it, but the trainer is a hardcore pokemon gamer and has been so for years. I believe there is a very slim possibility that they got it from the event (they lived in Japan during that time too). I am completely lost on how to use pokecheck, is there any other way to confirm it as a hack ?
Old May 28th, 2014 (11:09 AM).
Crystal Tier
FC:
IGN:

Quote originally posted by Calypsio:
Okay. So today I received a shiny mew among many other shiny legends. I'm fairly worried about it, but the trainer is a hardcore pokemon gamer and has been so for years. I believe there is a very slim possibility that they got it from the event (they lived in Japan during that time too). I am completely lost on how to use pokecheck, is there any other way to confirm it as a hack ?
Pokecheck no longer works due to no wifi on 4th and 5th gen games. What are the IVs and nature of it?
Old May 28th, 2014 (11:09 AM).
Banned
FC: 3840 5669 4340
IGN: Toph/Cordelia

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by Calypsio:
All Shiny Mews were obtained using illegitimate means as the probability of a real one existing is so low it's pretty much nothing. We'd need absolute proof that they received the map from the event and then soft reset for shiny-ness... basically do not trade here, please.
Old May 28th, 2014 (10:18 PM).

Quote originally posted by Absol:
Pokecheck no longer works due to no wifi on 4th and 5th gen games. What are the IVs and nature of it?
Here is some information on it.

OT : Akuma
ID : 60606
Ball : Luxury ball
Memories : Came from the Honen region.
Nature : Adamant

Probably the biggest indication that it is a hack : 6IVs

If this is a hack (and I'm quite sure it is at this point), please add it to the list. I have some other shiny legends to check as well so I'll post them up here. The deoxys are probably not legit either.
Old May 29th, 2014 (01:33 AM). Edited May 29th, 2014 by Calypsio.

And now for the other pokemon I collected. Sadly I think I have a pile of hacks on my hands now (Event ball = cherish ball) I got all of these pokemon recently from the same person. I have other legends that I got from others in the trade shop forum, so I'm not going to bother posting those since I am 100% sure that those are not hacks.
------------------------------------
Mew (Not shiny, Japanese)
OT : Ash
ID no : 01337
Ball : Pokeball
Nature : Sassy
Ability : Syncronise
IV's : 6
--------------------------------
Mew (Not shiny, Japanese)
OT : Japanese name
ID : 07157