The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 24th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
New Member Application

Username: Superstrength79
Partner Pokemon: Sandslash
Ground Team:

I beat Ruby Elite Four with this team on my second Pokemon League run. No clue what moves I had on them, but I likely gave them held items based on their non-Ground typing. Swampert - Mystic Water, Claydol - Twisted Spoon, Sandslash - Quick Claw or Shell Bell, Camerupt - Charcoal, Flygon - Dragon Claw/Fang (or w/e it was called then), Groudon - Miracle Seed

Current Topic: Best Ground Pokemon to use offensively

Zygarde gets Dragon Dance, STAB Earthquake, Camouflage (if it needs to dodge Ice attacks) and Extreme Speed to go with it. Love me some Sandslash (see profile pic), but I have to tip my hat to this new Ground-type legendary Pokemon.

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team

Last edited by Superstrength79; March 23rd, 2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Updated info and formatting
Old February 24th, 2014, 04:01 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora View Post
Which Ground-type is the best to use offensively?
Definitely Garchomp. Just maximize its Attack and Speed stats, give it a Choice Band or Life Orb, and it'd be all set for sweeping! Golurk's pretty good, too. Thanks to No Guard, it could destroy almost your opponent's entire team by using DynamicPunch. d:
Garchomp's a pain to take down with the right move set. I hate it when I'm using an Electric-type and the opponent switches out to a Garchomp, which a lot of people seem to have these days. I've used Golurk equipped with No Guard ability and a bunch of the powerful punch moves like DynamicPunch. Wiped out half a team that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
New Member Application

Username: Superstrength79
Partner Pokemon: Sandslash
Ground Team:

I beat Ruby Elite Four with this team on my second Pokemon League run. No clue what moves I had on them, but I likely gave them held items based on their non-Ground typing. Swampert - Mystic Water, Claydol - Twisted Spoon, Sandslash - Quick Claw or Shell Bell, Camerupt - Charcoal, Flygon - Dragon Claw/Fang (or w/e it was called then), Groudon - Miracle Seed

Current Topic: Best Ground Pokemon to use offensively

Zygarde gets Dragon Dance, STAB Earthquake, Camoflague (if it needs to dodge Ice attacks) and Extreme Speed to go with it. Love me some Sandslash (see profile pic), but I have to tip my hat to this new Ground-type legendary Pokemon.
Welcome to the club. I like your team, especially since Groudon is on it. Can't tell you how many times I've wiped out teams using him and his Drought ability. Helps power up Fire moves and using SolarBeam in one turn. Zygarde is my favorite in Generation VI. Love using Land's Wrath, Draco Meteor and ExtremeSpeed to knock off tough opponents. His design is awesome too. I include him on a few of my teams whenever I battle, such an awesome Pokemon.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old February 24th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

I was so happy to find out that Groudon was Ground-type when I first got to that point in the game. I never really looked online for spoilers or walk-throughs (usually bought the books if I needed help finding items or NPCs). I thought it was going to be a Fire-type at first

Sandslash got me through Pokemon Yellow with some amazing skill. No clue what its nature was, but I guess I used a ton of potions to EV special defense on him.... he took a lot of Surf and Ice Beam attacks to the face before I would have to use a potion on him. Mixed with having an immunity to Electric attacks, and I was sold on Ground-type Pokemon. Every new game that comes out, I eagerly anticipate the new addition for Ground.

EDIT: Oh... and I was stoked to find out that my safari is Ground-type to boot! (too bad it lacks Sandshrew)

Last edited by Superstrength79; February 24th, 2014 at 04:25 PM. Reason: One more thing... again lol
Old February 26th, 2014, 12:22 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
I was so happy to find out that Groudon was Ground-type when I first got to that point in the game. I never really looked online for spoilers or walk-throughs (usually bought the books if I needed help finding items or NPCs). I thought it was going to be a Fire-type at first

Sandslash got me through Pokemon Yellow with some amazing skill. No clue what its nature was, but I guess I used a ton of potions to EV special defense on him.... he took a lot of Surf and Ice Beam attacks to the face before I would have to use a potion on him. Mixed with having an immunity to Electric attacks, and I was sold on Ground-type Pokemon. Every new game that comes out, I eagerly anticipate the new addition for Ground.

EDIT: Oh... and I was stoked to find out that my safari is Ground-type to boot! (too bad it lacks Sandshrew)
There is some talk about people wanting Groudon to be Ground/Fire, probably due to its Drought ability and access to Fire moves. Not sure what to make of that.

New topic is up for everyone to answer.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old February 26th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

Groudon being Ground/Fire wouldn't be the end of the World (or would it? lol). It would basically be a Camerupt with a built-in way to reduce its x4 weakness to Water attacks.

Honestly, I think Solar Beam is its strongest attack on the special side. Maybe it could get a special event hidden ability of Protean and get immediately banned in everything.

Old February 26th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Endless
& got to keep looking

Which Ground-type is the best to use defensively?
For me, it would be Hippowdon. Its health is massive, and so are its defenses. It's got access to a ton of useful moves, too, with one being Slack Off. With this, it could recover itself whenever it wishes. :)
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

Rhyperior with Solid Rock and an Assault Vest... nasty

Old February 26th, 2014, 10:11 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Defensively, I think Groudon is. Big and tough-skinned. Not only is his offensive moves great, but his ability to withstand punishment for a long time makes him great to use in battle.
Old February 27th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Endless
& got to keep looking

Quote:

Rhyperior with Solid Rock and an Assault Vest... nasty :)
I've tried using Rhyperior before, and it just wasn't that great, sadly. That was before generation six, though, when Assault Vest wasn't available. xD" I might try again some other time, but with Assault Vest. This item's supposed to increase its Special Defense if I'm not mistaken, so it should be able to perform better.
Old March 7th, 2014, 04:00 AM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

I have yet to get an Assault Vest (due to all the breeding), but I do want to get a Rhyperior bred and test it out... maybe I'll try that website (showdown?) first.

Old March 7th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Wicked3DS
Alex
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Username: Wicked3DS
Parnter Pokémon:

I'm actually going to go with Swampert. It's defensive stats aren't too bad and it only has one weakness, so it can stand up to a fair bit and not have to worry about getting hit too hard except by a Grass-type move.

Credit to RapidFIREPho3nix for the Fire userbar, Credit to Poki for Poison and Ground userbars

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8083-0354 Friend Safari: Electrode - Electabuzz - Luxio
My ReverbNation Page
Old March 9th, 2014, 10:31 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked3DS View Post
Username: Wicked3DS
Parnter Pokémon:

I'm actually going to go with Swampert. It's defensive stats aren't too bad and it only has one weakness, so it can stand up to a fair bit and not have to worry about getting hit too hard except by a Grass-type move.
Welcome to the club. Flygon is cool. What made you choose him? I have a hard time using Flygon in battle, it's move set is all over the place. Swampert is a pain to take down with only having one weakness and being the fortress that it is. He's still awesome though.
Old March 9th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Wicked3DS
Alex
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
Welcome to the club. Flygon is cool. What made you choose him? I have a hard time using Flygon in battle, it's move set is all over the place. Swampert is a pain to take down with only having one weakness and being the fortress that it is. He's still awesome though.
I enjoy using Flygon because of its diverse moveset and I really like its design as well. Swampert is pretty awesome because it has a decent moveset as well and it can make really good use of it.

Credit to RapidFIREPho3nix for the Fire userbar, Credit to Poki for Poison and Ground userbars

My ReverbNation Page
Old March 16th, 2014, 09:27 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked3DS View Post
I enjoy using Flygon because of its diverse moveset and I really like its design as well. Swampert is pretty awesome because it has a decent moveset as well and it can make really good use of it.
What move set is ideal for Flygon? I can never get him to last long on the battlefield with the one I give him.
Old March 16th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Wicked3DS
Alex
Community Supporter

In-game I run Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Stone Edge and Crunch, which works well with its good Attack stat.

My ReverbNation Page
Old March 16th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Endless
& got to keep looking

If it were me, I would go with Outrage, U-Turn, Earthquake, and Fire Punch. I'd make this Pokémon hold onto Choice Band, so that when it runs into a wall, it'd have less trouble taking it down. For EVs, I would use 252 Attack, 252 Speed, and 4 Special Defense. :p
Old March 18th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Judge Mandolore Shepard
Spectre Agent
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I have decided to join this club
Preferred Usernme: Judge Mandolore Shepard
Partner Pokemon: Krookodile

What is the best Ground type to use defensively?: I have considered Steelix to be the best when used defensively. One reason is that its body is harder than diamonds.

Favorite Ground type move?: When it comes to favorite ground type moves, my favorites are Earthquake, Fissure, and Bulldoze. They are all very powerful moves.

Favorite Ground type Pokemon?: Krookodile is my favorite ground type Pokemon. It is one Pokemon that has been very familiar among the Pokemon on my teams in White and White 2.

OSO STRONG
Old March 19th, 2014, 10:42 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Mandolore Shepard View Post
I have decided to join this club
Preferred Usernme: Judge Mandolore Shepard
Partner Pokemon: Krookodile

What is the best Ground type to use defensively?: I have considered Steelix to be the best when used defensively. One reason is that its body is harder than diamonds.

Favorite Ground type move?: When it comes to favorite ground type moves, my favorites are Earthquake, Fissure, and Bulldoze. They are all very powerful moves.

Favorite Ground type Pokemon?: Krookodile is my favorite ground type Pokemon. It is one Pokemon that has been very familiar among the Pokemon on my teams in White and White 2.
Welcome to the club. Krookodile is an awesome choice, a solid fighter and has an awesome design too. Steelix would be one of my picks for best defensive Ground-type, he is immune to Poison and to Sandstorm, being both Steel and Ground. Takes a lot to knock him out. I love using Earthquake out of any Ground move, does the job when the chips are down (unless you're against a Flying-type).
Old March 20th, 2014, 04:11 PM
AoTora

Nature: Calm
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Marowak
Answer the current topic

Which ground-type is the best to use defensively? Garchomp! It has amazing defences and it can hit really hard in return.
Favorite Ground-type Pokémon? Marowak
Favorite Ground-type move? Earthquake
Why do you like/love Ground-type Pokémon? I love the fact that they can be really bulky and they can hit quite hard aswell.
Which Ground-type has the best design? Marowak and Cubone.
What type would you love to see paired with Ground that hasn't been done before and why? Maybe electric.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old March 21st, 2014, 08:11 PM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoTora View Post
What type would you love to see paired with Ground that hasn't been done before and why? Maybe electric.
I know it's very forgettable, but Stunfisk

Old March 22nd, 2014, 12:09 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoTora View Post
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Marowak
Answer the current topic

Which ground-type is the best to use defensively? Garchomp! It has amazing defences and it can hit really hard in return.
Favorite Ground-type Pokémon? Marowak
Favorite Ground-type move? Earthquake
Why do you like/love Ground-type Pokémon? I love the fact that they can be really bulky and they can hit quite hard aswell.
Which Ground-type has the best design? Marowak and Cubone.
Welcome to the club. Marowak is awesome, but the story behind him/her is sad. I like using Marowak's bone-related moves, mostly Bone Rush because of its multiple hits. Garchomp is a tough one, Rough Skin plus its power moves make it hard to contend with. Ground/Electric has been done once, with Stunfisk.
Old March 25th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

I really wish Sandslash could have Rough Skin as an alternate ability. Sand Rush is cool and all, but I don't want a Sand Storm team.

Also, Sand Veil is banned in a certain PvP community.

Old March 26th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Endless
& got to keep looking

Speaking of Sandslash, I think this one could definitely use an evolution. When it does, perhaps it could be resembling Dragonite, but only with spiky hair on its back instead of wings, and sharp claws? Maybe it could be a combination of dragon and ground. :]
Old March 26th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

Uggh, no x4 weakness to Ice please :/

Old March 26th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Endless
& got to keep looking

Hm... well, if it somehow wound up getting Thick Fat ability, it should be much of an issue. n_n;; Would have been a plus if it's gotten access to fire-type moves, too, such as Fire Punch, Flare Blitz, and maybe Blaze Kick.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here