Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old February 25th, 2014 (03:36 AM).
Lord Sephear's Avatar
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nevada...ugh
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed

Hiroto Minaka, the god of Shinto Teito and author of the greatest love story the world has ever seen! And Seiji Taketo, who is stalling my wonderful story with his supreme lack of redeeming qualities.


The Omniscient Ingenious Overly Handsome Hero of the Sekirei Plan Hiroto Minaka valiantly sits on the roll-y chair in his monitor room as he watches the most interesting event to occur in the North District so far. Everything kept getting better, the whole scene had heroics, brave idiocy, gore and of course his lovely Sekirei. He squinted curiously beneath his glasses at the two monitors which showed the only humans left in the immediate area. "That one, he fits the bill in every way." The man who seemed to recognize the danger of the situation right away yet wouldn't leave while other people were still in danger despite his inability to save anyone. He was smart, but not too intellectual, neither ugly nor especially handsome, but most importantly he was still there, and Minaka knew there must be at least one Ashikabi there, it was all far too perfect to be a coincidence. Sekirei don't simply flock together with no Ashikabi around. "Perhaps that one." The American who'd tried to fiddle with the cafe's electronics. "Definitely not that one." The American who barely showed enough signs of intelligence to warrant being human instead of a sea sponge, and now filmed it all without managing to show any comprehension for the whole thing regardless.

"Kana, you're still listening right?"

"Yes sir."

"This is fun and all, but none of those humans have done anything to really stand out to the Sekirei, something like this and still none of them have emerged. In fact only 4 Sekirei in the North District have their wings so far. This won't do at all, if one district is too much weaker than the others the plan could become depressingly dull, especially with that boy in the south taking the easy way. If nothing else happens after this battle is over we might have to spice things up in the North a bit on our own. Stand by for now."

"Understood."




The small girl broke out of the knight's grip the moment she had a chance and went off on her, but it didn't go far before she froze. Seiji followed her gaze and froze just as quickly, the giant wolf was looking right at them. "You guys... really should be going... not just standing around!" The blind girls words were true, really they'd been true since far before she uttered them but he still willed his legs to move. Sadly his attempts were to no avail, his legs were as uncooperative as an Irish Wolfhound with rabies. He was only pulled out of his frozen state when the knight yanked her hand out of his, it was also only then that he realized he had still been holding it at all.

The cosplayer was flustered for a moment but wasted no time reprimanding him for his silly comment on knighthood. "I- Go, I know full well what a knight's job is!"

Her stern command finally broke him out of fear's embrace and he happily complied. "Yes ma'am!" He practically squeaked as he FINALLY ran from the Cafe a safe distance. Being the persistent doof that he is Seiji stayed just close enough to watch the rest, something far beyond the scope of regular life was happening, and he had to see it through. He stared almost in awe at the Knight girl's speech to the wolf. Wow, she's no cosplayer, I don't know if it's time travel or an extreme devotion to specific morals but she really is a knight...or at least deserves to be called one. The woman fighting the wolf didn't seem to share the knight's sentiments and planned on surviving however unlikely it was. Seiji didn't know if he agreed with any of it or not but the whole thing was soberingly painful either way.

Seiji gasped and averted his eyes when the Wolf made his final move, but shortly after he couldn't stop himself from looking, ad doubling over to try and conquer the gagging. "Her head? Couldn't there be some other way... I... why didn't I leave sooner."

"Seiji, thank god you're still here! I'm so sorry I'm late I - what's wrong?" There stood Hiromi, showing up after all that madness and asking such a sensible question. He just shook his head and looked almost like he could cry. Hiromi moved to peek around the corner but Seiji pulled her into a tight hug and took the opportunity to squeeze her face lightly against his chest before she saw.

"Don't look, just don't." The tone of his voice stopped the question in her throat and she just nodded against his chest. With her nonverbal promise Seiji loosened his grip to look at her face before giving her a real hug. "Don't apologize, I'm so glad you were late, you could have been caught up in the whole thing. Some people were hurt and-and-and."

~~~

She shushed him and hugged him back. When Seiji had finally calmed down and they were sitting outside a different cafe they finally had the discussion they both knew was coming, but even though Seiji had been waiting at Sakura's in the first place to hear what Hiromi had to say it was him that spoke up first. "Hiromi... I don't think we should be together anymore, I can't give you what you need or deserve, and I just don't feel like we're right for each other." He looked for the anger, listened for the harsh words, but all he heard was a relieved sigh and all he found was a gentle smile.

"Good, now I don't have to feel like I'm breaking up with you." Seiji was utterly flabbergasted, Hiromi knew all too well how when Seiji was completely confused he sometimes couldn't react at all until he thought on it so she continued. "You deserve to pursue the life you want to live, but I can't just watch my boyfriend not live up to his potential and allow himself to fade into mediocrity. I've been thinking about it ever since we started fighting and...well...I see now that I can support you much better as a friend."

At first Seiji wondered if he was really making the right decision, but he quickly saw the beauty of the situation and grabbed Hiromi's hands in his own. "I'm glad you feel the same way I do, and I definitely want to keep hanging out. But now that that's settled I have to go, I'll stop by your place later so we can just finally talk like mature adults, but right now I need to ask someone something. He hurried off before Hiromi could ask any questions and started checking the area around Sakura's, he was worried about what he might see but when he got there the body was gone and some of the rubble was already cleared out. He wandered around for a few minutes before he felt more than heard the most direct, pained crying of his entire life. It could almost be called...pure there was no attempt to fight it, just the act itself, and the release it brought. Seiji's chest tightened more than any other time that day and he clutched at the pain, although the voice was distorted in the crying somehow he knew who it was, and that she could answer at least some of his questions.

He looked down at the ground and clenched his right hand into a fist when he realized he was hearing the crying not just in his ears but in his head, and as he muttered to himself he wished intensely that somehow his words would reach her and make her feel the least bit better. "Every knight is still a person under their armor, do not they deserve someone to help them?"




Minaka huffed at the whole situation before keying the communicator once again. "Kana, this situation has become dreadfully boring, and none of the Sekirei seem to be reacting to anybody yet, I think it's time we stir up some drama. I want you to make yourself known to number 93 and then run off with the closest human from Sakura's. I'm sending Maki after another human who interests me, the American who actually has a brain. I want you two to stay in contact and when you've acquired your targets meet up and wait for someone to find you before trading people and splitting up. It will be interesting to see what she does, and maybe number 34 will get involved, but I have plans for her later if nothing happens anyways. They don't want to fight just to fulfill the plan but maybe they'll fight when humans seem to be in danger. After all, every knight needs to save a damsel or two."

"Understood sir, she won't catch me."




Seiji had no idea why but he was so...angry that that girl was crying, but it didn't last long and when he looked around for the sound he thought he saw her descending from a building. He made to run towards her but before he moved much or managed to shout anything he heard a light ruffling noise behind him and felt a fairly hard impact in his stomach as the ground fled from him. All he could see besides the rapidly escaping ground were a pair of black boots and some black cloth.

Kana had pulled it off perfectly, the human was so surprised he didn't even have time to struggle before her grip completely immobilized him. She found #93 almost immediately and jumped silently behind her, pausing only long enough to whisper "Hello defective knight, still don't have your Excalibur?" before jumping once again and beginning to head towards where she knew she'd find Maki with her own target. She was no fan of insults but it served the President's interests in this case.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old March 2nd, 2014 (12:27 AM).
Geras32's Avatar
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Everything's bigger here, apparently.
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious


Athena and Seiji Taketo

Tower Chase! Just what is the Sekirei Plan?


"Hello defective knight. Still don't have your Excalibur?"

As soon as those words pierced Athena's ears, she turned, battle ready, to face the speaker. However, she was met with the sight of only her boots passing up and out of view. She glanced upwards and saw two things that stopped her: a Disciplinary Squad uniform, and the man from the maid cafe who tried to help her. She processed the situation immediately and took action just as quickly, giving chase via barrier platforms as the Disciplinary Squad member leapt to a rooftop. A very dangerous Sekirei had taken an innocent man hostage, but why? No, that didn't matter. All that did was protecting an innocent life. If she returned to dwelling on things like that then the nameless one's tears would have been for naught.

"Release him at once!" shouted Athena as she pursued the Disciplinary Squad member, but it quickly became clear that the Disciplinary Squad was much faster than her. Of course, that wasn't much of a surprise, and it was actually more surprising that she was able to keep her in her sights. It didn't make sense. Athena needed a way to catch up, though, so she created a large wall in front of the woman. Clearly understanding the power of the Disciplinary Squad, she didn't stop with one, and made several more layers of the barrier. That should stop her at least enough for Athena to reach her.

Kana was prepared for this, though, as she almost always was. She focused, and a ring of swords of bright, glowing green energy was conjured in front of her. It began to spin rapidly around her outstretched hand until she threw the sawblade-like projectile, which tore straight through many of the myriad of walls with no effort. The barriers dissipated completely from the attack, leaving Kana free to continue uninhibited. She began to wonder if that was entirely necessary from how little resistance the walls provided, but it wouldn't do to have underestimated a target, especially with a potential Ashikabi involved. More and more walls rose up in an attempt to halt her progess but she merely jumped over some and sliced through those she didn't have time to avoid as if they were paper.

Flinging insults wasn't Kana's favorite passtime, but she was sure the president would want her to insure number 93 wouldn't give up the chase. "If you want him released you'll have to make it happen, and it will take far more than your pitiful shields to do so, knave" If she were any more dramatic with that she would have gagged at her own words. That sounds more like something one of those blockheads would say, but at least Maki's the one on this mission. Demi would probably end up slashing her victim...

Athena was in shock upon seeing her defense torn utterly asunder. That was her best, and her only power, and it accomplished nothing. But stopping here would accomplish nothing as well, and would leave that man to whatever fate the woman had in store for him, so despite the revelation of their difference in power she pressed on.

Their chase took them from rooftop to rooftop until they approached a massive skyscraper that was only half finished. Kana leapt onto the building's steel skeleton protruding from the top above the more complete lower portion. and continued leaping upward. They ascended, story by story, until they reached the top of the lofty frame. There was nowhere left for Kana to run, but it didn't matter since she'd made it to her destination. Athena stepped off a platform onto the opposite end of the frame and faced Kana. "What do you plan to do with him," questioned Athena. "What reason does the Disciplinary Squad have for kidnapping innocent humans?"

"I wouldn't mind an answer to that myself." Seiji meekly added. Kana gave him a light shake to remind him he had no speaking role in this show. Well this about fits with how my day's gone so far I guess...

"The Discipline Squad exists so that the Sekirei plan happens the way it is intended. It is your place only to follow it." Kana hoped Maki wasn't far behind since she had only been ordered to lead number 93, not to fight, and didn't want to be stalling for time too long against such a fragile Sekirei.
__________________
*Insert witty and/or thought provoking quote here*
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old March 3rd, 2014 (07:07 PM). Edited March 5th, 2014 by DLMuerte.
DLMuerte's Avatar
DLMuerte
Knight of Time
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Listening.
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte

Ryce
Kidnapped!



Ryce stared at the screen for a moment; he had seriously SERIOUSLY thought Aaron wasn't that dumb to put the video on the tube of you; lo and behold he did. He only thanked Aaron's possible forgetfulness or sliver of thought to not put his name in it; not only would he get tracked by the authorities, but it wasn't like he wanted to get involved anymore than he already was. It was annoying to think that he might have to get more involved with whatever the heck he had gotten involved in; dudes going wolf weren't really his forte.

He thought about this at home while sitting on his swiveling chair, putting together a small gadget of his own; a small camera the size of a hummingbird that could fly out and take data. It was, however, horrible for a windy day; although discreet it would only be useful inside and had about 15 minutes of charge before being needed to have it's batteries changed. He really needed a battery with a higher voltage or something; he put the cam-bird into his pocket. That was the only good thing; it didn't seem to get crushed in his pocket like other things- namely cheap airline earbuds- did. Shoving his keys and his phones in his pocket as well, he walked onto the small balcony to get some fresh air; one of the good things of not going to college was that there were no loans to pay.

He breathed it in silently for a moment and grabbed the phone he used less often [he had two phones due to a customer who went off the grid when Ryce went to return it awhile ago; to this day the customer hasn't shown himself] and looked over the video again. The gore. It was horrible. Why would this happen? Who would make this happen? He asked himself these things silently.

Of course that was until two cold palms rested on his shoulders and he felt the balcony falling from under his feet... oh no, wait, he was going up.

He cried out quickly. "What are you doing to me? Was it the video? Was it Aaron? I'm sorry my friend is an idiot and I'm not involved and please just PUT ME DOWN! I'm going to die today and I'm so sorry and I-" He felt a light smack to the side of his face which made him stop talking, proceeded with a blow to the stomach that made him see nothing but whatever you see when you're unconscious... which is nothing.

He opened his eyes to a scene that was familiar to a previous scene. Weird guy. Cosplayer. Still being held by cold hands. Still feeling a bit hungry. "...What in the love of rice..." He didn't bother resisting this time, but he was a bit fearful for himself. He stayed calm only because if he didn't, as his slowly returning memory came to him, the same person who had their hands on his back would KO him again. And it hurt. So he only watched in fear at the scene laid out over a skyscraper's frame.

And he still wasn't even near the floor.
__________________


HOMESTUCK


Beta Kids Collab: Dave

rp corner lurker

activity levels: existent

now doing nanowrimo

Homestuck Fanclub




Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old March 4th, 2014 (11:26 AM).
Yamagi Sosuke's Avatar
Yamagi Sosuke
Hope & Ambition
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Noah the Wolf
Noah was brought out of his gloomy thoughts when he heard the sound of a girl nearby and smell the distinctive scent of his 'father'. The tang of the man's essence was small but it lingered unhindered on this new Sekirei.

He could feel the somberness simmering into anger. His teeth gnashed together, the fangs on them growing. It was all that damned doctor's fault. He was the one that had constructed this plan, this game of heartache and death. Hell, he'd be self-righteous if he didn't admit he was more upset that these feelings were plaguing him than actually have to kill someone and even more blind if he didn't admit that he was extremely pissed that he was put on a leash.

His sleek body tensed up, his fist clenching as turned his body towards the general direction of the scent. More and more he was feeling pent up and angry. He barely registered that he had started breathing heavily, his rage starting to consume him.

He stomped his foot into the roof. "Hiroto." He uttered, stomping his foot repeatedly now. " Hiroto, Hiroto!, Hirotoo!, Hirotoooo!" He crouched down slightly, the cracks on the roof stretching to the four corners of the building, before rocketing off into the night; the white of his eyes black and his face feral.



He had found them effortlessly, their scents trailing behind them recklessly. Beneath him was dazzlingly bright streets and in front of him was the iron skeleton of a soon to be built building, now battleground. Noah crashed into one of the beams, the metal bending under the force.

He stood up, his body bare and naked as he observe the confrontation unfolding in front of him. The anger still threatened to boil over but now it just seemed like a back burner thought. . .Hiroto was no where near the intriguing scene. His eyes still contrasted inbetween the phase looked on.
__________________

Hero~
I'll become a author and I'll make my life worth something great //
Former RP: BEYOND THE GODS //
Bettering My Writing Skills & Looking For Help //
Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old March 5th, 2014 (09:05 AM).
Zeta Patchouli's Avatar
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern Florida
Age: 21
Nature: Relaxed
Kotone sighs, having gotten away from the brutal scene before a while ago. She clicks her tongue here and there while she walks through the alleyways. Her finger trails on the wall of some random building she doesn't know the purpose of. 'I was just... just... useless back there! I thought I was better than that...' She kicks a trash can, sending it flying a few feet away with a loud 'clang'. She twitches from the loudness, but she keeps on forward.

"No, no. I gotta keep going. Gotta get past that. It's the only way." She takes a breath and holds her hand over her heart. She keeps on walking around, deep in the gut of the city, when she hears a commotion. She clicks her tongue and hears a few sounds, sounds of what might be some kind of fight. She clicks her tongue and turns her head in the direction of the confrontation.

The knight and human from before are up there. And also someone else. Someone she shouldn't really mess with from the feel of it. Various clicks of the tongue give her a decent layout of the building. She couldn't let herself back down, especially not after earlier! She frowns and begins to jump up the building's skeleton, clicking her tongue to refresh her mental map constantly. With a few hops and some corrections to keep her from falling to her death, she made her final jump.

"Hiiiiyah!" And lands on her face. She groans, clicks her tongue and sits up. "Whas goin on here?" She rubs her head, trying to kill the headache before it starts. Feeling the member of the disciplinary committee, her heart pumps faster. Much like earlier, her body is telling her she shouldn't be here, but she swallows that and stands tall.
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old March 8th, 2014 (09:14 PM).
Fort PokePower's Avatar
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mystona
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Fia - The Blazing Aria


Long, unbound white hair fluttered in Fia's wake as she strolled down the street with casual grace. The lights of the sleepless city of Tokyo caught in her hair and caused it to glow a myriad of colors, each different flash of a screen or a traffic light seeking to pain its reflection in the glistening strands. If her appearance didn't turn their eyes, those she passed would be drawn to stare at her as she hummed a cheerfully melodic tune. She paid no mind to these glances, though there was a small smirk on her face. She had forgotten how easy it was to tempt men with something so simple as beauty. They so rarely considered the character hidden beneath; if they knew her demented and degrading ways, they would probably avoid her at all costs. Such a foolish species.

Yet her Ashikabi would be among them... Such a sad thing. That wasn't such a pressing matter on her mind at this moment, however; she would much prefer to explore her new found freedom and grow accustomed to being in the wide world once again. Of course, Fia wasn't foolish enough to believe that she was without binds. She knew the MBI were likely monitoring them, and there was a set of rules they had to follow, but at least she was in the outside world once again.

The first thing Fia had done upon being released into Tokyo was to find more suitable clothing to where. Those within the MBI hadn't seemed to fully understand her requirements and had continuously brought her flawed materials... Clothing that was perfectly fine by others standards, but that was far below what she preferred. However, even when she found a clothing store that contained the clothing she was searching for, she had been disappointed to discover that the funds provided her by the MBI didn't cover such a large purchase and had been forced to find cheaper materials with similar appearances and textures. Highly unsatisfying. Perhaps it would be best if she found her Ashikabi quickly so that she could coerce them into buying the more expensive items she required... She just hoped they were rich, whoever they were. Rich and stupid. So much easier to manipulate, especially since all the rich boys seemed keen on impressing their lady friends with their wealth anyhow. Foolish, foolish creatures.

At least she had been able to find food to her tastes. Fia had first gone to a place called Sakura's, after hearing that they had fine food, but had arrived only to find it completely demolished. Whispers of a fight between some spectacular beings lead her to believe that Sekirei had been the cause, not that she really cared. Of course, she had to go on a longer search for food, but she had found something satisfactory enough. Not necessarily nutritional, but satisfactory. Even now, Fia was consuming spoonfuls of the strawberry sunday as she sauntered down the street, taking an occasional crunch of the minty cookies she had purchased from a group of young girls at a stand outside of a store. She had been unsure of them at first, but after tasting them she had found them quite delicious...

Fia was staring longingly up at a bulletin board featuring her favored brand of clothing when something flew by her vision. She turned her head to follow the object and noticed that it was a person... A Sekirei to be more specific. The Sekirei was holding another person, a normal human if their dully ordinary appearance was anything to go by. Fia's curiosity was peaked by this, though she didn't make any move to go after them. They were going in the same direction she was anyways, so if she caught up to them, she caught up to them and if she didn't, she didn't. She swallowed another spoonful of her frozen treat with a small smile. It might be worth her while to catch up, however... Some entertainment after her meal. But she wasn't going to rush herself on their account.
__________________

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old March 9th, 2014 (11:45 AM).
DreamOrDestruction's Avatar
DreamOrDestruction
Master Of the Arcana
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Velvet Room
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
The Darkness Sekirei Layfe
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Hmm I wonder if they sell manga somewhere around this town." Layfe would think aloud to himself as he walked down the street with no real destination. While his knowledge of the town was quite limited his ability to steal things was not, so to help his problem along he had hmm "procured himself a phone from a passerby and used it. I mean it wasn't like they were going to miss it or anything, putting that thought aside Layfe pulled the phone out of his pocket and began to erase the contacts and things on the phone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As he went through this process however something to the side had caught his attention. It was the one thing that could almost bring him to tears, a manga shop. Layfe strode in quickly and swiftly went over to the shounen section completely disregarding the looks he received from the few customers that were staring at him. He didn't care as their was something much more important. He needed to grab at least 3 full series to quench his thirst, the allure of manga had been one of the many things that he had wanted to enjoy when he finally got to explore. Gathering what he wanted for today Layfe made his purchase with the card that had been provided to him, noticing that the cashier avoided looking him directly in the eyes and had a small blush covering her face, and decided to give the cashier a smile that made not just her but the other females in the shop blush profusely and with that Layfe exited with his bag of manga in hand.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hmm I have reading material now, so I just need to find somewhere to read now." Layfe spoke as he would look around searching for a place that he could read and maybe get something drink. It would seem as if this was not an anime where one could find a cafe or something conveniently located where needed and so Layfe resigned himself to search. "Damn it this never happens in manga.." Layfe mumbled to himself as he eventually found a nice place that sold coffee and just decided to read his manga at his leisure. As he took a sip from his drink he noticed something zoom by, since there were not many things his trained eyes couldn't easily see he assumed it couldn't be anything but another Sekirei. "Hmm it could be interesting...." Layfe thought aloud as he decided, since he had no other plans, to go see what was going to occur. He would pull his hood up and walk into an alley way and would seemingly disappear as shadows covered him, it wouldn't due for his presence to be revealed to just anyone yet Layfe thought as he traveled through the shadows.

__________________
Hacks I Support:




"Life is just the same old thing done over and over again. Those who excel in life are just ordinary people who do ordinary things better than everyone else."



Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old March 11th, 2014 (06:45 PM).
Lord Sephear's Avatar
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nevada...ugh
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed

Tower Battle: Fanning the flames.



Soaring through the air with every jump, Tatsumaki Hagane, The Raging Steel Tornado of the Sekirei Plan's Disciplinary Squad huffed at the mission she was on. "Of course I finally get to go on a mission and I'm not supposed to be fighting, and what's worse I got the yappy one. Oh well... at least he was easy to shut up." Despite her disappointment there was a bit of excitement to her, Maki was fairly certain this whole ordeal would turn scrappy no matter what Minaka had told them so far. When she drew close to the unfinished building she was to meet Kana at she realized Minaka had sent her in a bit late, the Sekirei who Kana was supposed to lure was already there.

"Why does he always send her out first for stealthy stuff... jerk." She hefted Ryce securely over one shoulder and pulled her staff out with her other hand, and after only a few seconds of preparation spun the staff above her head at such a speed that wind blasted beneath her and she shot almost straight up. When she was near the top her concentration faltered for a second at the feeling of nearby pursuers and she had to cling to a girder and jump that last short distance to the roof. Kana was simply watching number 93 in preparation for any possible attack and only bothered to nod in Maki's direction. "Well hello to you too. I've got some good news, it looks like I was followed too."

"I as well, the wolf is on his way up, he didn't even have to keep up thanks to that nose." Kana nonchalantly added.

Seiji was so sure he had no control in what was going on by that point he almost wasn't afraid anymore. He looked up from Kana's grasp and saw Maki with Ryce. "Oh hey look, it's the american... what a coincidence."

Kana shook the confused human a bit. "Be quiet, you're lucky I'm the one holding you, the other human is unconscious for a reason."

"I'll be good scary quiet lady."

Athena tensed at the arrival of a second member of the Disciplinary Squad. One was strong enough to best a single-number with little effort, so that didn't bode well for her chances of besting two. She didn't need to best them, though, only to rescue the human. Or humans, now. She realized that they were both from Sakura's, and worried that the third and final member of the Squad might arrive with the last human who had stayed. She stood, unwilling to make a move as she worked her mind for a way to get the men away from the Sekirei.

The wait seemed to be at an end, but before anymore could be said, or 'threatened', numbers 34 and 7 showed up. Maki openly gasped and Kana covered her mouth for a moment to hide her disgust. "Ugh he's naked!" Maki shouted. "Couldn't you at least grab some clothes before you came here you stupid mutt!" It seemed that neither of the new entrants to the confrontation were anymore willing to let Humans be manipulated than number 93. Maki strolled casually over to Kana and dropped Ryce behind her, after which Kana dropped Seiji face-first right next to him.

Hiroto almost cackled with glee when he saw that Noah and Kotone had arrived. "Alright girls, looks like there's no point in trading and splitting up now, otherwise one of you would most likely get all the fun and number 7 and the other would be left out.

A wave of relief washed over Athena upon the arrival of the two other Sekirei. Normally she held the belief that all battles be one on one, but this was a rescue mission, not a battle, so any assistance was welcome. More than welcome, in this case it would be necessary. However, there was no guarantee they would help her. Their actions would have to be fast and deliberate for them to have a chance, though, even with three of them. The gears in her mind turned faster, struggling to come up with a plan, but she could not.

She then realized that the fact that they had let go of the humans presented an opportunity. All she needed to do was find a way to immobilize them long enough for the other two Sekirei to retrieve the humans, but they were both too strong to be held by her barriers. Their strikes were met with no resistance whatsoever.

Seiji sat on the ground behind Kana trying not to draw any attention. Whatever was going on here, there obviously wasn't too much he could do to influence it. However he couldn't just let other people fight over his life either. There had to be something he could do. His gaze rested on Athena for a moment and it came to him. Earlier at Sakura's she had been able to make some sort of wall of what looked like solid energy around that battle, and it had come out of nowhere so precisely he wondered just how accurate she could be with them. When Seiji noticed she was darting her eyes towards him and the American occasionally he decided it was worth a shot.

He waited until the next moment that Athena seemed to be looking at him and he held a hand up so she'd look at him a moment longer. Since the women who'd kidnapped them weren't really watching him he pointed to Athena, then Kana, then wrapped his left hand around his right wrist like a shackle, and next his hands around his ankles like shackles. He hoped she'd understand what he was getting at.

Athena focused on the Japanese man out of the corner of her eye as he began to move, not wanting to make it obvious to his captors. Even without his final gesture she realized his intentions, and wondered why she hadn't thought of it herself. If her barriers could not hold against their strikes, then it stood to reason that she only needed to keep them from striking. She'd never even thought of trying to use her barriers like that, but then again, she hadn't had much combat experience with her barriers anyway. Her focus shifted to the indicated body parts of the two disciplinary squad members. However, their sheer strength wouldn't allow her to hold them for too long, but it should be enough to retrieve the humans.

Once she had "locked on" to her targets, Athena quickly conjured barriers around the Disciplinary Squad members' wrists and ankles, also trying to get the knees and elbows for good measure. The barriers were always completely stationary, so they wouldn't be able to move without breaking them. The speed required to craft them before the enemy could react caused her to make weaker barriers than she'd have liked, but it should be enough.

Kana and Maki watched all three of the Sekirei carefully, none of them could stand up to the discipline squad, and there was no way of knowing how their abilities might be able to compliment one another of they synchronised well enough. It wouldn't do if either of them got too confident and ended up looking like fools. Maki was surprised it had taken number 93 so long to act on saving the humans, but with seemingly no warning at all the action came. Faster than even she could react small motes of light hardened into small barriers around first her wrists and ankles, and then her other joints.

"What th - crap I didn't think she could make them on people." She gritted her teeth and began to struggle, but with no room to build up any momentum she couldn't shatter the barriers right away.

Kana had the same problem, she generated one of her blades almost immediately but couldn't move her hand enough to get at either of the barriers. An unexpected move to be sure, but I don't remember hearing anything about her being that quick to come up with a plan.

"You two," she called to the other Sekirei present. "rescue the humans while I try to hold them!" She made an effort to strengthen her barriers with more layers. She wished she could simply reinforce a barrier she had made, but this was the best she could do.

If Kana couldn't reach her bonds she would have to let gravity do the work. Kana focused intensely in an attempt to manifest a sword directly above one of the barriers at just the right angle to free her right arm. She had to get it on the first try, if it took them more than a few seconds to break free they might actually be struck by some attacks.

Seiji watched Athena carefully after signing his idea to her, and so he was prepared when an opening came. As soon as he heard the frustrated grunts from his captor's he smacked the American's shoulder to make sure he was ready. "Come on we've got a chance, run!" He really hoped the guy understood at least some Japanese since he was there and all. Seiji pushed his legs as hard as he could, righted himself and ran towards the girls and, reluctantly, the naked guy at full speed.

His intuition could only go so far but he figured if he could help the Knight woman use her abilities more efficiently maybe he could give the others an idea or two. "Wolf guy I have no idea what else you can do but please change if for nothing other than to cover up!" He shouted as he ran. "Blind girl, I hope those clicking noises you make mean you can do something with sound and they're not just a tick! If you can then let loose, this part of the building's structure isn't nearly as stable as the rest, and they're at the center of the floor, seems like enough vibration would be effective!"

While the two members of the Discipline Squad struggled against the barriers a voice entered their ears obnoxiously. "I'm glad the two of you have a moment to listen to me." Minaka said as if it didn't bother him one bit that they had been immobilized, in fact it didn't, he had hoped the Sekirei would surprise them. "It looks like the North might not be so bland anyhow, number 9 just made her way into the district."

"Number 9?!?" They both exclaimed, stunned for a moment at the coincidence. So far only one single number had appeared in each district. With two in the North, Ashikabi would likely start fighting over them soon, and some from the other Districts may even show up to throw their hands in. Kana's aim had been ruined from the revelation and she almost cursed as she had to hold the blade in place a few seconds longer to try and get it at the right angle again. Kana could feel something else creeping towards them, she'd have to be on alert for an ambush the rest of the confrontation, this might actually become slightly challenging.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old March 11th, 2014 (08:34 PM).
Fort PokePower's Avatar
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mystona
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Fia - The Blazing Aria

Fia stood in front of a tall, structural frame of a partially finished building, staring up at the small specs of figures in the highest girders and wooden platforms. "Seems I've caught up already," she mused, biting into another cookie she pulled out of the box tucked up against her chest. She swallowed the morsel then hummed a short, lilting tune under her breath. As her voice rose and fell quietly, bright blue flames flickered to life along her shoulder blades; soon, the flames expanded outwards and took on the shape of a pair of large outstretched wings. The music died away as the blazing wings swept downwards and launched Fia into the air. She climbed rapidly, moving at an angle of nearly 90 degrees despite the extra effort such a form of flight required.

"Number 9?!?" she heard two voices exclaim as she was nearing the top. Fia's mouth curled in an amused smile; it seemed they hadn't been expecting her in the least. Well, it wasn't like she had planned this anyways.

"Yes, that's me," she called lightly as she came into full view of the gathered group. Fia touched down on a platform that seemed sturdy enough and her wings burst disappeared into a cloud of embers that floated away on the breeze. She reached into the box of cookies again and rummaged around for a moment before frowning. "Seems I'm all out..." She sighed in disappointment and held the box out; the empty box burst into flames and rapidly became nothing but ash.

As Fia turned back to survey those present, a raised brow was the only sign of surprise she showed as she noticed that two of the Sekirei present were form the Discipline Squad. Had someone broken the rules already, so early in the plan?

Fia turned her head to her left to look at the other side of the equation; what seemed to be three Sekirei - one of whom was naked, she noted in disgust - trying to defend two men who were running away from the Discipline Squad. Ashikabi perhaps? Or perhaps destined to be the Ashikabi of one or more Sekirei, since if they already belonged to someone Fia doubted the Disciplinary Squad would lay hands on them. After all, didn't targeting the Ashikabi of another Sekirei break their precious rules?

Well, she didn't really want a Sekirei to lose their Ashikabi before they were even winged... Much less fun for her later on. Besides, she was itching for some entertainment now that she had taken care of the essentials. She had no interest in a full-on fight at this moment, just a quick tussle to test her strength and have a little fun. Anyways, Fia doubted that even a single number like herself would be a match for the pumped up Disciplinary Squad. She'd just offer some... support to those already on the field. If things got ugly she could always fly away.

An orb of blue fire shimmered to life in Fia's hand as she started to sing a soft tune, her voice barely audible at first but gradually rising in volume to echo in the night air. She sent the orb of fire gliding towards the Disciplinary squad, the orb growing in size and brilliance as her voice rose. By the time it reached the two Sekirei, it would be large enough to contain them both. As it grew closer to them, Fia let out a number of short, higher pitched tones in her song, varying slightly from the smooth, calm flow she had been holding. At each climbs of frequency, smaller orbs of fire would launch themselves away from the larger orb and towards the Disciplinary Squad, just in case the large orb made it there too late.
__________________

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Reply With Quote
  #35    
Old March 11th, 2014 (09:22 PM).
Yamagi Sosuke's Avatar
Yamagi Sosuke
Hope & Ambition
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Noah the Wolf
Noah stared off at the scene, their voices clear as bells in his enhanced hearing. They seemed intent on gasping at his nakedness. He smirked a bit, though it was barely enough to hide the animosity in his blackened eyes. Hiroto, that damned scientist was behind the Disciplinary Squad intervention right now; he could smell his twisted influence on them.

He eyes caught the flow of the deceptive plan that the armored woman from earlier had commenced. In all honestly, he despised the Disciplinary Squad almost as much Hiroto himself. This was an excellent reason to exercise some of that frustration off. His head turned to the side where the two humans were running from, one them were yelling out orders towards him. Noah let out a loud "hmp" before turning his blacken emeralds back towards Maki and Kana.

A tinge of caution urged him to reconsider his thoughts. He knew that Hiroto had tampered with his personal guinea pigs a bit more than everyone else. Alone, he wasn't enough but maybe. . . Just maybe if he had another, he thought contemplatively.

It was at that moment that a young woman had rose into the sky with blazing blue wings. A wild smile blessed Noah's features as he let the phase take over. Their exclaims had told him everything he needed to know. A burst of pressurized air exploded from around him, a swirling wind circled him slowly as his wolfen form leap over to a larger beam that could handle his size. He stepped in between the knight and the disciplinary squad; his mind not quite registering his actions.

A vicious snarl erupted from him, his glowing eyes for just a moment urging the knight to retreat with the humans. He didn't know why he wanted her to flee, probably so that she didn't have to witness another gruesome death in one night. If he could get one of them alone and the other Sekirei did as well than maybe they could escape with their lives.

He watched calmly, yet dangerously feral, as the flames of the girl's attack drifted towards them. The shear heat and color gave him a ominous hue as his large frame prepared to pounce. He was a fighter, not a protector.

__________________

Hero~
I'll become a author and I'll make my life worth something great //
Former RP: BEYOND THE GODS //
Bettering My Writing Skills & Looking For Help //
Reply With Quote
  #36    
Old March 12th, 2014 (08:57 AM).
DreamOrDestruction's Avatar
DreamOrDestruction
Master Of the Arcana
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Velvet Room
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
The Darkness Sekirei Layfe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the battle raged on between the opposing forces an ominous shadow would form another building close by to the scene. Of course this ominous shadow was Layfe who had literally traveled through the shadows. "Ugh, coming out is always slightly unpleasant…" Layfe mumbled to himself as he shook his head to gather himself. He had jumped through shadows before but it always left him feeling strange but, that was a case for some other time he told himself. Layfe would then take in his surroundings as he expanded his senses. There were of course the group on the building comprised of Sekireis and Humans, hmm and with further investigation at least one of them was a single number but somehow there were multiple strong energies. Oh well it didn't matter he had only come for simple investigation at the moment and with him unable to use many of his stronger abilities he would have to play it safe for now. Meaning it was time for him to set up certain assists for himself and what he could tell was the better of the two parties wise.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taking one more look at the scene and watching as the now known number 9 sung a tune which was literally making what seemed to be blue flames which she then sent towards and the naked man turning into a wolf Layfe began the his process of creation. 'I am a vessel of darkness' Layfe mentally spoke as dark orbs began to form around him giving off an evil presence. "Variants 1 and 2…" Layfe spoke in a noticeably colder demeanor as many of the orbs became somewhat transparent and stealthily surrounded the area around where the battle was occurring while the remaining orbs began to coalesce into something. As a few moments passed it was apparent that this shadowy form was a type of weapon, a gun of sorts if it wasn't so wispy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minute amounts of pain wracked his body signifying that he couldn't create anything more than what he had out but that was fine. He would have to simply rely on the shadows that were already naturally there. With a small jump he positioned himself on top of the small structure on the roof that you had to go through to access this area. "Alright now let us watch....." Layfe spoke to himself as he took in a deep breath, with his weapon by his side ready to be used at a moment’s notice, as he closed his left eye and began to view the area through usage of his orbs of darkness, known as Variant 1 or Security Orbs. He suffered a bit more damage but it wasn't much as he was used to far worse, so with a deep breath Layfe began to plan for what could be done if things got worse for the people on the building currently. "Looks like things are about to pick up." Layfe spoke with a sigh.
__________________
Hacks I Support:




"Life is just the same old thing done over and over again. Those who excel in life are just ordinary people who do ordinary things better than everyone else."



Reply With Quote
  #37    
Old March 12th, 2014 (07:47 PM).
DLMuerte's Avatar
DLMuerte
Knight of Time
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Listening.
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte

Ryce
On The Run... Again?



Ryce was an expert in running; so when Seiji told him to run, he nodded and bolted. There wasn't much he could do. He heard about the number "9." Apparently Miss Nine here was about as terrifying as a black mage; she was beautiful and such, but her attacks were long range. Yet... the things she sang were almost mystifying, regardless of whether they conjured giant firebal- oh wait that's right, they conjure giant fireballs. Then there was frog-girl, who was probably a physical attacker, and nude guy. Nude guy would be scarier, because it seemed to be that nude guy was also the guy that turned into a wolf; this was only supported by him turning into a wolf again. He spoke to Seiji in his regular flawless Japanese, as he did to everyone bar Aaron anyways.

He sprinted towards frog-girl and gritted his teeth. There wasn't much he could do now but watch. Then again, watching was valuable. He checked his pockets; he didn't have much, but he did have the hovering camera bird gadget thing. Besides that, he was low on just about anything. Spare batteries, a watch which he had messed around with so that it now also sprayed pepper spray, another hovering bird thing, except this one with a claw, and that was about it. None of it seemed really appealing. He pulled to a stop in front of frog-lady [or maybe she should be frog-chan? He wasn't really sure anymore] and fuddled in his pockets, revealing the cam-bird.

"I can't do much, since I'm apparently the only normal human here, but I can do this..." The wind didn't seem to be particularly strong, or strong to begin with, so he let out the bird. Fifteen minutes of footage. Although I'm not taping... He threw the bird in the air after letting on a switch; it began to hover. He truly, SERIOUSLY began to hope no one would quash it in hopes of concealing what kind of desperate operation this was. In the end, he himself was hoping that this was all just a crappy reality TV show that he just happened to get stuck on, yet these effects weren't just smokes and mirrors. Pulling out his phone, he quickly accessed a feed from the bird's camera, as well as a few minor controls which controlled it's general direction.

It wasn't really too useful at the moment, but it did provide him with a good view. One, two, three, four, five, six, and what seemed to be a seventh superhuman person thing were all present, as well as the guy who seemed to be linked to miss knight over there. Oh wait! That was cosplayer. Except it seemed like cosplayer wasn't really a cosplayer, and the guy was at Sakura's too... Or maybe the cosplayer was a cosplayer with super powers and maybe this guy was the wrong guy? It didn't matter. He was watching a battle after all. It seemed that, from a birds eye, everyone was going out against these two people who had held him and the guy who he had just seen was kind of neutral. Mister "I'm cool and I stay in the dark." Meh, he didn't really care, but he got a bad feeling from this guy too. Where did he come from?

Where did all these people come from? It was like he was in a flash mob without a cue. Well, heck, at least the singer didn't look so bad. Even though she was throwing around fireballs of death like they were baseballs... God someone really needed to catch him up. At least, from this vantage point now way above, he wouldn't miss anything. He watched the bird's charge; it would last about 12 minutes more, assuming he'd have to bring it back so that it didn't fall to the floor and get crushed.

Aaron dragged me to Sakura's. This incident is too similar to Sakura's, and has the same people, except I was forced into it this time... I swear I'm getting him back one day.
__________________


HOMESTUCK


Beta Kids Collab: Dave

rp corner lurker

activity levels: existent

now doing nanowrimo

Homestuck Fanclub




Reply With Quote
  #38    
Old March 27th, 2014 (09:39 AM).
Zeta Patchouli's Avatar
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern Florida
Age: 21
Nature: Relaxed
Kotone frowns, a bit distant from most of the action. She clicks her tongue, watching the fight, albeit she's mostly confused about what's going on. After all, no one had answered her question, and it seems she was left here to flail about.

She keeps clicking her tongue, the fight between at least three people with a lot of power, one of them blasting it about like mad, and in general things she would not want to get hit by, hence remaining a bit far away.

It's at this point, her clicking notifies her of someone heading her way, one of the humans. 'Was he kidnapped, too? Well, that's just not right.' She steps to the side and stretches, content in the time she's been given to prepare.

The man said something, and was doing something. She can't particularly tell what he's doing, but... "Well, you shouldn't be too alone. There's another normal person here from what I can tell." She frowns and stands up. "I don't think I can do much here now, but I can at least try to keep you safe." She sighs, admitting that aloud, but in comparison to the disciplinary squad and the higher level Sekirei, she doesn't stand much of a chance.

'I came at today all gung ho, too... I really need to get better, and fast.' She thinks to herself, clenching her fist hard. The bandages are the only thing keeping her nails from digging into the skin.
Reply With Quote
  #39    
Old April 3rd, 2014 (03:46 PM). Edited April 23rd, 2014 by Lord Sephear.
Lord Sephear's Avatar
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nevada...ugh
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed

The Wings of Fate begin to beat! Vs. Tatsumaki Hagane: The Steel Typhoon Sekirei! Pt. I


Now things were really starting to heat up, so much so in fact any potential puns were completely ignored. Kana and Maki had both been surprised at Number 9's appearance, but ultimately it didn't change much. After the dramatic moment was over one of Kana's blades dropped straight onto the barrier cuffs, and in the same movement she pulled her arms out, caught the blade and swiftly slashed Maki's cuff's cleanly with it.

Maki drew her staff and leaned towards Kana. "This is getting far too crowded, a group this big couldn't maneuver properly, our only choices would be to let them win or to utterly stomp them. Good luck, and don't make me look bad." Next the twin-tailed girl drew her long steel staff from her back with a flourish so swift it sent a gust of wind at the opposing Sekirei and Ashikabi.

As the wispy blue flames from the Blazing Aria Sekirei grew near Maki spun her staff clockwise and blasted the fire into oblivion, before jumping at the group. Maki was by far the fastest of the Disciplinary Squad and at that moment none of them had a hope of matching her, let alone stopping her. Maki flew like the winds of a hurricane right into the group and batted everybody in her way to the side before grabbing Seiji, eliciting a panicked "Not again!" and diving backwards off the edge of the building towards the streets below.

It seemed as if things had escalated far quicker than what he had assumed and so with his shadowy weaponry dissipating Layfe decided that it would be a good time for him to move positions. With one of the targets jumping towards the streets below it would probably be in his best interest to follow after. "Alright here we go again." Layfe spoke with a sigh as he walked into the shadows of the structure on top of the roof that gave access to it and sunk into them. This was unpleasant but it allowed him to move much more quickly as long as he knew where he was going. So, with his destination in mind Layfe would pop up in a random alley way near the group that had made their way down to the streets.

"Now if she has picked up my presence this will make things a bit more...complicated." Layfe spoke wryly as he waved his hand and commanded the Type 1 Orbs he had made earlier to surge down to his position but took away their transparency. This would make the energy they give off sensible and while not much it would do as an effective way to cover his presence. "Okay then let the orchestra begin." Layfe knew that this could end up bad but the slight instability in his energies at the moment made him a bit loopy. Oh well things were about to pick up at least that could be fun.

There was little time for Fia to react as one of the Disciplinary Squad members snatched one of the Ashikabi away and dove for the streets below. The moment her slow-in-comparison movements caught up, Fia was falling through the air after the them, her flaming wings sprouting from her back as she hummed a tune softly under her breath. They remained folded behind her back until she was nearly upon the two, then they snapped open to slow her decent. A song was already starting up in her throat as her feet lightly touched the ground, its foreboding and threatening tone contradicting her calm demeanor.

It began as a gentle hum fueled with poison, goading a small flaming orb in her hands into a serpentine shape. Then, the music took on a demanding tone and the quickly-created serpent of fire flowed out of her hands and onto the ground. As Fia's voice then rose from a deep baritone to a sharp pitch, the snake shot up in size, soon towering over the group in a blazing coil. Of course, it was still just fire; but Fia found that such shapes could intimidate a foe much more than a shapeless blob would, and the length of the creature as it moved to spread its full size out would make it more difficult to take down. Unless she were forced to dissipate it, or if at least fifty percent of the flames were put out at once, she would be able to continue to expand the creation. The moment it was ready, the she sang the snake into turning its head towards Maki, then raised the pitch of the song again and held a single note; the snake opened its flaming mouth wide and a stream of flames erupted towards Maki. She held no worry for the Ashikabi; unless she permitted them to, her flames would not burn so much as his clothes. Though now that she thought of it, that would be rather amusing...

He just couldn't believe it, he was honestly baffled. Again?!? Seriously?!? AGAIN!?! How fast is that psycho? And this time I got grabbed by the angry one too... Seiji was angry enough he was almost about to work up the courage to actually yell at Maki, but as soon as he opened his mouth he stopped and just let it hang down at the sight before him. A giant snake made of pure fire was breathing yet more fire right at blond woman...and him!

Maki smirked at the flame-spewing azure snake in front of her. "You're going to have to be a bit more serious than that, I'm not afraid of some fire-breathing reptile!" She spun her staff once again like the blades of an industrial fan until the stream of fire slackened. As soon as she saw an opening she tossed Seiji out of the flames' path and leapt to the side herself, flicking one of the staff's caps off and launching a bladed chain at Fia.

The song never died in Fia's throat as she spread her wings and leaped into the air as the weapon came flying towards her. She flew straight over Maki to avoid the bladed chain, angling into a dive once she was directly overhead to more quickly reach the ground behind the Disciplinary Squad member. As she landed, she ended the song with a dramatic rise in tone; the features of the gigantic snake melted away and the creation exploded outwards in a wave of flames. The burning torrent was purposed to serve more as a distraction, however.

She began another song under her breath, barely even audible to her own ears so as not to alert her foe. It was soft, relaxing, kind... and causing a bright, cheerfully sinister cloud of fire to form over the group. While Maki would probably notice this quite quickly despite the previous attempt at a distraction, Fia didn't plan on giving her time to do anything about it. Orbs of blue flames bloomed to life in her hands and she threw them towards Maki like balls. These orbs required no music to take form, and thus she had no need to interrupt her song; though they wouldn't be very effective either. Hopefully, though, it would be enough to keep the other Sekirei from turning her attention to the greater threat.

"Hmm...it seems like they haven't noticed me just yet." Layfe was slightly surprised by this I mean it wasn't as if he was trying very hard to hide and keep his presence hidden so it was more likely that the two that were currently fighting were hyper focused. It was similar to tunnel vision in which you were focused intently on one thing and things around you became somewhat less relavant. Oh well, it didn't matter too much as it would make his job a bit easier. The two Sekirei who were fighting must've obviously not noticed that there were bystanders closeby to where this battle was taking place. Therefore it was up to him to make sure they didn't realize what was happening and get any closer to the action. "Alright then Type 3 Formation: Jormungandr.." Layfe spoke in a calm voice as a wispy chain began to form from the shadows in the area as they coalesced together. As it finished the chains snaked around his forearms as he then began to place his hands on the ground and focused on the all the shadows in the area. Bursts of pain shot through him as he grit his teeth and spoke once more.

"Now to manipulate the area but let me first save the unfortunate looking guy who just got tossed." With a simple motion the chain around his arm shot out like a snake and went around the man's waist and would pull him towards himself. To cover this he would bend the shadows around their form hoping that the two Sekirei would simply not care or keep hyper focusing on their battle. Some pain wracked his body but to Layfe this situation required him to blow it off, he could only hope the other Sekirei kept fighting so he could recover a bit. Using the more extensive abilities really tired him out but now it was time for him to stop others from interupting. All he needed was just a bit of time, man why did he have to be the one who remembered that there could be innocent bystanders who stumble upon the scene. It happened 9 times out of 10, and he should know the manga he read was evidence enough.

The day just kept in the same vein as it had been so far, terrible, nothing but pain and confusion for the lowly office worker Seiji. The Seiji who never did anything more interesting than watching TV after work, the Seiji who'd just broken up with his first serious girlfriend, after everything else, was thrown to the side like he was trash. He had no time to even gasp at the torrent of azure flames that roiled past him before some sort of chain wrapped around his stomach and yanked him to some guy. His face showed nothing but disdain, not for the person but the whole situation and he only thought of one thing to say to the man. "You're one of them aren't you?" He asked with venom.

He didn't wait for an answer, immediately looking back towards the battle, he had no idea why that girl was jumping into the fight but she was helping him so he hoped she'd be okay. She seemed to have pulled off a pretty clever attack, using both the giant snake and some burning orbs as distractions while she prepared a cataclysmic-looking firestorm. He felt some of his hope fade however when the girl in the weird outfit smacked away the fireballs like it was nothing and started to turn towards the white-haired girl. I'm really not in the mood to be smacked with a polearm or burnt to a crisp, but I am SO SICK of watching all this crap happen around me and doing nothing about it. As soon as the black chain around him loosened Seiji bolted towards the fight just like he'd yell at any other idiot for doing in such a situation.

Maki almost laughed at how pathetic the next assault on her was, but as she smacked away the fireballs she scanned her surroundings with the lightning reflexes that helped earn her title. The conflagration forming above her was nothing to scoff at. Okay, even without an Ashikabi, that would hurt. Fia's only mistake in her attack was getting closer to Maki, close combat was her specialty. Instead of using her substantial speed to try avoiding the attack Maki decided to punish number 9 for it, but just as she prepared to lunge at her opponent she felt movement behind her. Maki angled her staff towards the ground and did a one-eighty, easily sweeping Seiji's feet from under him. However thanks to her preparation towards attacking Fia Maki's starting position for the sweep was less than ideal and Seiji still crashed into her afterwards. "You moron!" She shouted. "What do you think you're-" But her reprimand was cut short by a lilting cadenza rising into an epic climax before being silenced as a small vacuum was formed at the epicenter of what became a massive burst of pyromantic achievement.

Fia couldn't have asked for a better distraction, though really, what kind of an idiot was that Ashikabi? She knew humans could be quite stupid, but who in their right mind would jump in the middle of a fight between two superpowered beings? But then, she supposed that might be just what made this man an Ashikabi; his reckless idiocy. At least he wasn't the type to just sit back and let others do the work, but she would be quite grateful if he didn't waste all of her hard work by getting himself killed.

Maybe a little scare would show him his place was to be the protected and not the protector.

Without warning, the soft lullaby took a sharp turn, a high pitched beckoning emitting from Fia's mouth. At the call, the cloud of fire broke apart into a multitude of blazing birds, all of which came raining down towards Maki and the Ashikabi. Maki, if she wasn't quick enough to counter, would likely be left with some pretty nasty burns.

The Ashikabi, well, his clothes would simply burn to ashes. The idea had returned to her as she had begun to rain death down on the pair, and it seemed a suitable enough punishment for his idiocy.

Seiji covered his head for all the good it would do when the rain of fire smote him, but even that was undone since Maki smacked him off of her just before the attack struck. Seiji took the only option left to him and closed his eyes, but after a few seconds of wondering which theory about the afterlife was right he still felt no pain, just a pleasant warmth that was almost like a tender caress. Out of nowhere Seiji felt inexplicably cold, almost as if... "Ah!" Yeah... "You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! HAVEN'T I BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH TODAY?" Seiji jumped up and stomped on the ground with his bare feet in rage, because the fire had in fact left Seiji unharmed, but burned away all of his clothing except for his plain dark blue boxers.

The outburst couldn't last more than a few seconds though, as there was a steaming hunk of much more intense anger growling and beginning to stand back up. One look at Maki left Seiji with only the much safer half of the fight-or-flight response and before he knew what he was doing he was behind the white-haired singing girl. He clutched her shoulders and hid behind her, not for protection but in a pointless attempt to hide his partial nudity. "So... uh hey, I can be mad about my clothes later, could you, maybe... help me get out of this alive, beautiful, singing pyro lady?" He only noticed he was holding on to her shoulders after his humbled plea and pulled them off with a start. "Uh, sorry about that, wasn't being forward. Just a little scared, I've had...quite a day."

"Of course he would have to run..dammit." Layfe was not currently having a good time and with his slight instability he was slightly pissed but, he didn't have time fo that as he closed is eyes and took in deep calming breaths. With each breath he took in he could feel himself begin to calm. After a minute he reopened his eyes which now were analyzing the situation at hand looking for a time for him to jump in and possibly resolve the situation. The two oppositions were without a doubt very strong and Layfe doubted without his versatility and cunning that he could beat either of them in a straight fight, so he would have to make use of what he could. As the two Sekirei and questionably dumb human were doing whatever, Layfe thought it was time for him to formally introduce himself. Focusing he sank his hand into the shadows and let the chains on his arms go into them and watched as they snaked there ways into the other Sekirei's shadows and waited for further instruction. While they wouldn't be able to hold them for too long they would give him the precious few seconds he needed if they tried to attack him.

He would probably need to make the chains strike at the white haired girls throat so she wouldn't be able to sing and maybe bind her hands. Ugh a disturbing thought struck him about this situation but nevermind that this wasn't a doujin. Oh well he just wouldn't let his guard down it payed to be safe. "Alright now it's time for me to make my entrance." Layfe was actually excited for this part of the plan as it made him seem like some type of dark hero from the manga that he reads. Either way it was time to put his plan into action, from the shadows of the alley ways he began to manipulate the shadows he could and make them snake their way out towards the group. 'Construct Ourobouros should be useful for this..' Layfe thought to himself as his chains began to clank and the cover he had made for himself made way so that the group could see his form. Mentally commanding his earlier constructs to guide humans away from the area he walked out of the shadows into view. "Man it seems as if you all can't just keep it down." His hand scratched the back of his head in a lazy fashion belying the dark aura that he forced to come off of him, it was an evil source so it's feel of malovelence should stop them from attacking him momentarily at least since it was a weaker version so that it wouldn't harm the humans mind. With a wry smile Layfe spoke. "Regardless it seems that me being the good Samaritan I am will have to step in." It was game time now and Layfe plays to win, so it looks like things have just become serious. 'And today was gonna be such a nice day too.' Layfe thought as he waited for their reactions.

A small smirk of amusement cross Fia's features at the human's outrageous display of anger at his less than savory circumstances. She let out a small laugh when his anger turned to terror and he came to hide behind her. Fia was substantially smaller than the male, being at least a foot shorter, so she could only imagine what an interesting sight this made. "I'm just here for the fun, deary," she said lightly, unperturbed by the close contact. "Though after such a charming compliment, I suppose I could spare some thought towards your well-being." At these last words, she looked back at him over her should and fluttered her eyelashes teasingly. Her eyes trailed briefly over his physique as well, if only to unsettle him even more.

A new presence appearing drew her attention away from the half-naked man, and her eyes set upon what seemed to be another Sekirei, if the malevolent aura he was giving off was anything to go by. At his words, Fia waved a hand indifferently. "Whatever. Just make yourself useful and don't get in the way." Flames flickered to life along her arms as she turned her gaze back to her original foe, the azure fire ready to follow the command of her voice.

The smoking form that had startled Seiji finished getting up and looked at him over Fia's shoulder with such an intensely smoldering anger that he flinched. "Oh you... that was a dirty trick, if I wasn't ordered not to hurt you I'd rip your arm off and snap your own neck with it. I think for now I'll just have to settle for giving you a few good smacks after I get number 9 out of the way." She seemed to completely ignore Layfe, this was because she'd noticed him before even jumping down to street level. She didn't feel any more threatened by him than before so she didn't bother acknowledging him, besides he probably wasn't a very likely candidate for the Ashikabi.

Seiji had to take a step back, he didn't need any help identifying how scary the girl with the staff was. But of course there was another very scary woman with fire and a beautiful voice who seemed to be at least partially on his side, although the way she looked at him made him nervous. "I think I may have a few ideas about how to beat the psycho with the staff, so for convenience's sake may I ask what your name is? Pretty singing pyro girl could get tedious."

Was the human just pretending he had a brain, or did he honestly have some smarts? Fia wasn't entirely sure after the foolhardy stunt he had just pulled. Well, as long as it didn't end up with her getting killed, she didn't see any harm in going along with whatever his plan was... And she could always return to her own strategies if she found them unsatisfactory. "You may call me Fia," she replied. "And what may I call you, fine gentleman?" The last two words with said with playful sarcasm, even as she continued to face what was a rather serious situation.

"I'm Seiji." He answered, somehow managing to look serious despite his current... style of dress. "Sorry about getting in the way a minute ago but seeing someone about to hit a girl doesn't sit well with me, besides I've been stuck in situations like this where I couldn't do anything all day and it pissed me off. Before we try my plan I'd like to ask, can you continue to control that fire of yours after you've released it?"

"I can," Fia said in answer to his question, giving a small nod. Really, she would have thought that had been quite obvious with her earlier display.

"Good, I wanted to make sure before trying this. Decisions like this should only be made off of concrete information if possible. It seems to me like her main defense against your attacks is to disperse the fire with powerful gusts of wind, and fire, feeds on oxygen. So, what if you launch some sort of large burst of fire at her, and when she prepares to blow it away, pull some of the fire in the direction she's facing so that it goes with the wind instead of dispersing. And pull the rest of the fire to her sides so she has no room to avoid it or go straight for an attack, and while the secondary flame is swirling around her send the flames that have gotten bigger from her wind and absorbed it's momentum back into her in a sort of pincer attack." Seiji was beginning to look a bit excited despite himself, this reminded him of all the times he'd imagined great wars during chess games, or thought of his own strategies while reading books about wars.

So he did have a brain! Well, it was definitely lovely to know that total idiot Fia had bothered herself to save wasn't actually a total idiot. Though most of the plan seemed to depend on their foe defending herself with wind, Maki had not yet disappointed so it was worth a shot.

Fia raised her arms to either side and started up another song, one that seemed like something you'd hear in a movie when the cavalry goes charging into battle. And indeed, as the flames flickering along her arms burst into a brilliant conflagration and rushed towards Maki, they seemed to contain the flickering shapes of horses. Directly behind the first wave came another, separate one that would break out from behind the previous wave and circle around on either side of Maki.

"Another face front attack? I'd expect something a bit more clever from a single number." She began to spin her staff once again in her time-honed defense against attacks like the one in front of her, but just as the wind started to push the inferno in front of her back the reserve of a incendiary cavalry split and began to circle around her. "Nice, but if you think I can't break your silly horses you've got another thing coming."

As the pressure of the winds pushed against the flames, the song abruptly changed to a call of retreat. The flames rolled in on themselves, the blazing horses wheeling about wildly to gallop back the way they had come. They ran as one with the wind that had been meant to extinguish them; then when that wind was no longer a threat to the flames, the song called for vengeance. The flames, burning brighter than before, turned again and charged back towards Maki, the blazing steeds on either of side of the Disciplinary Squad member turning to close in on her as well.

"That's it! Good job!" Seiji let out excitedly.

Maki stopped in her preparations to break out of the burning arena when she heard the song change, she could tell the fire was coming back at her, but she wouldn't be able to just blow it away this time, especially not while surrounded. She had to think quick, sure the attack probably wouldn't be enough to beat her but she couldn't just let it hit her. She held her staff above her head and started to spin it with both hands even faster than she had with her defenses earlier. "Vortex barrier!" The staff started to spin so fast that she let go of it and it kept spinning, giving her the free space she needed to start shaping the wind with her hands and form a small dome of spiraling air around herself.

"Crap." Seiji realized with one look at the shield Maki had formed on the other side of the burning horses that the shield had a small vacuum around it where fire couldn't survive. "Quick, same trick as before, move the flames with the current of air!" He turned and pointed towards Layfe in the distance. "And you! While she's vulnerable against the fire try to attack her as well, something aerodynamic! With as little wind resistance as possible to go through her shield!" The main advantage at the moment was that he could yell as loud as he wanted, if the staff woman's shield really did have a small vacuum around it there was no way she'd be able to hear him.

The moment the wind began to pick up around Maki, Fia realized the plan had failed - though perhaps not completely. She held the flames back from the vortex before they could be extinguished by the fierce winds. Fia stopped her song for a brief moment, only to start a new one immediately. It started as a slow series of changes in pitch, and the three groups of blazing horses began to spread out until they all connected in one large circle around Maki. Then, the pace of the music began to pick up and the circle of fire gradually started swirling about until it was once again moving in step with the wind. The flames, which Fia had at first been keeping away from Maki's barrier so they would not be extinguished, now began to close in towards the Sekirei. If Fia and Seiji were right, this should work as it had before; the flames would become more powerful rather than being put out, and Maki would be trapped in a nice little oven of her own making.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40    
Old April 3rd, 2014 (04:12 PM). Edited April 3rd, 2014 by Fort PokePower.
Fort PokePower's Avatar
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mystona
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky

The Wings of Fate begin to beat! Vs. Tatsumaki Hagane: The Steel Typhoon Sekirei! Pt. 2


Something aerodynamic eh? Well Layfe could make his chains become slimmer but those wouldn't have had enough strength behind them to do maximum damage so it was on to option 2. "Alright then since this could be a good chance to get some damage in let me put some effort into this." Layfe spoke to himself as he knew exactly what he would have to do for this to work out. Gathering together a tiny bit of dark energy in his hands he focused on creating a new construct. He hadn't much time to practice with this but this was a perfect opportunity to try it on an opponent. "Construct Type 0 Hades.." He spoke coolly as his weapon formed completely and it was...a bow. While normally not very threatening what he was about to do would show a bit of what he could actually do, but he didn't mind. So with his task in mind Layfe sent his Ourobouros chains he had made earlier upwards and as they reached their peak he pulled himself upwards with a jump and began to pull gather more dark energy as he pulled his bow back.

This was going to have to work because at this point Layfe really didn't feel like pulling out any more of his tricks or he would lose the element of surprise. Regardless it was time to try and deal some damage, he might not be a certain cynical archer from a manga but he could damn well mimic his move. "Black Hunting." And with the release of the energy he had been gathering through his bow and arrow struck forth towards its target faster than a speeding bullet. As he fell back downwards to the earth Layfe mentally commanded the chains he had planted earlier to activate when the arrow was close. Like he had said it paid to have a plan and that was his back-up so hopefully this worked, no it had to work. Let it never be said that Layfe wasn't optimistic.

It was nearly impossible to hear anything through the vortex barrier, but Maki could feel the air growing warmer and knew they'd thought of something else that might actually work. She'd already been burned once today thanks to that stupid Ashikabi, it wouldn't happen again. She decided the whole thing had gone on long enough, and if the Ashikabi hadn't had any sort of impact on any of the Sekirei yet then he was worthless. "That is..." She held up the staff and started gathering energy in her arms. After a few seconds she slammed the staff into the ground yelling "Enough!" and simultaneously dispersing her entire vortex barrier at once with explosive force. With the fire following the air currents it was spread out along with the air, the outburst just barely knocked Layfe's arrow off course and it scraped her cheek, drawing a small amount of blood.

"What the... hell is she?" Seiji muttered under his breath at the sight.

Maki slowly stood up from her kneeling position, looking none too happy. "I was just going to leave, I've done enough for now but I suppose I'll have to teach you not to mess with the Discipline squad first!" Maki held onto her staff and the air around her began to move erratically and small amounts of electricity crackled in the air in time with her flailing hair. "By the laws of my contract I will punish those who forget their place!" Weakest link, and the one she'll have the least fun with first. Maki gathered all her strength in her legs and jumped at Layfe, leaving small cracked divots in the street and propelling herself at him so fast she was moving through the air in a straight line. As soon as she made it to life she slammed the staff into his stomach before he could make proper use of his chains, she just wanted to incapacitate him so she finished with a quick one-two strike. One side of the staff right between his legs and then the other over the top of his head.

"Well that didn't go as planned..." Layfe spoke cynically as he put his arms over his eyes to block dust from getting into them from the winds that had blown outwards. He had put in quite a bit of work for that technique and it was diverted, it was imperfect but still oh well it wasn't like things could possibly get worse right? That process of thought was quickly knocked out of him as he felt something solid connect with his stomach and it hurt quite a bit. It wasn't enough to put him out of commision but it still hurt, he would fine though it wasn't like he was about to get where no man should right? 'Wait a minute.... **** my life.' Was what Layfe's thoughts were as he took a shot to the groin from the staff. He briefly felt something hit his head as he hit the ground in pain. After thinking about what just happened he couldn't help but feel he had caused this somehow.

Before Layfe even hit the ground Maki dashed towards number 9 and the human, now they'd recieve their recompence. Seiji would have preferred to do something but just after chanting her Norito Maki was moving so fast Fia had no real chance to react, let alone a human. She was upon them in an instant, slamming the staff into Fia's stomach much like with Layfe before sweeping her feet while she was staggered, leaving her in a kneeling position. Maki decided she'd take a little bit of time with this, but bit her lip when the idiot in his underwear got in the way.

"Hey hey hey, hold on, wasn't it me you were angry at for getting in the way? I'm the one you bothered to grab in the first place so whatever's going on is my fault right? Why don't you just pummel on me until you feel better?"

Maki scoffed and swiped the staff lightly (for her strength at least) into his ribs and knocked him aside. "This is way over your head you moronic human, it's not something you would understand, and no you're not enough to sate my anger." Minaka is such an idiot sending me on something like this, Ashikabi are overrated, any Sekirei weak enough to need one doesn't deserve to win. Seiji got back up right away but this time he was struck hard enough to be stunned without even being graced by another word, but Maki did walk towards him. "Fine if it's so important to you, you can go first." But just as she raised her staff a chill ran up her spine and she stopped mid-swing.

Walking right through the scene of the battle completely unaccosted and without a shred of fear was an extremely beautiful woman with long red hair in an ornate cloak, a western longsword with a jewelled hilt belted at her side. She didn't stop as she walked, she just smiled at Maki while Maki stared at her in shock. "Again... why does she have to get in the way." Of course she understood why, she had already completed her mission, there was no reason for her to stay any longer. The woman kept walking until she was out of sight and Maki but her staff back through the leather holster on her back. The last thing she did before jumping away was to kneel down next to Fia and add "Don't ever get in my way again, and make sure you follow the rules to the letter, if you slip up I'll be there before you can even regret your mistake."

Seiji had finally managed to stand up, but after Maki left his legs wobbled and buckled beneath him. He let out a huge breath and looked around. "Today is not my day..." He managed to push himself back up with his hands and walk over to Fia, offering his hand to pull her up. "You alright, Fia?"

That was most definitely not something Fia had expecting; that had sounded suspiciously like a Norito, and judging by her sudden burst of speed, it probably was. Did this mean the Squad member was already winged, or was this just a result of the enhancements given to them? Either way, it didn't bode well for any of them.

Fia had barely had time to bring flames to life all along her skin before Maki had knocked her to her knees. The flames she had hurriedly called forth dimmed as she let out a small gasp for air; a moment later, however, they flared up slightly as Maki struck Seiji first once, then again. Fia was preparing to try some last-ditch effort to get them both out of here, not quite willing to abandon the Ashikabi after she'd spent all this time attempting to save him, but in the end there was no need for that. Whoever that women had been, Maki seemed to fear her.

Though, with that last threat from Maki... Fia found the idea of finding an Ashikabi quite important now.

Fia looked up at the hand offered to her and took it without complaint. Even after knowing how close she had come to death, her composure was as tranquil as ever as she replied. "Yes, quite fine," she said, though in truth her stomach still throbbed from the hit she had taken. She passed a critical eye over his body, noting without surprise the painful marks showing where he had been hit.

"Good to hear, I'm no macho man but I'm not okay with watching someone get hurt because of me." He made his best attempt at a reassuring smile and couldn't help noticing how soft and warm her hand was before more practical matters forced their way back into his head. "I really need to find some clothes, but even more importantly than that, I think you know at least something about all that crap that just happened considering you've got crazy powers too. And at this point I feel that someone needs to tell me about all this."
__________________

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Reply With Quote
  #41    
Old April 7th, 2014 (06:12 PM). Edited April 7th, 2014 by Geras32.
Geras32's Avatar
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Everything's bigger here, apparently.
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious

A flurry of feathers! Vs. Kana the Blade Weaver! Pt. 1


Kana watched as Maki leapt off the building, causing Number 9 to eagerly trail after her. Number 93 moved to follow, but a few words from Kana stopped her in her tracks. "Have you already forgotten that there's still a human up here you have to protect?" Athena realized that Kana was right, and cursed herself for the fact that she was just about to abandon a human in peril. A quick thought afterward told her that following after him would have been the right choice, as there were two Sekirei already here to oppose the disciplinary squad woman, but she would have acted without those thoughts.

The disciplinary squad member leapt across the top of the building in front of Athena, keeping her from going after the man without glasses now regardless of what she considered the best choice. Athena attempted to replicate her tactic from earlier to bind the woman, but the moment the cuffs formed in place Kana stepped backwards just enough to avoid them, not wasting any unneccesary effort in her movements. "That won't work on me again," she said matter-of-factly. Athena hopped back, trying to keep her distance as she struggled to come up with new tactics as before.

Ryce was still trying to process everything, so the fact that the cosplayer was struggling, the kidnapper kidnapped the other kidnappee, there was the naked wolf dude who actually turned into a wolf- which turned out to be the same wolf from Sakura's, and there was a freakishly strong woman standing nearby didn't help. He checked the feed he had running from the camera overhead, and brought the camera back in to grab it and shove in his pocket, along with his phone. He felt inclined almost as to give himself in, considering the circumstances.

Today was anything but a normal day after all... "Hey, uhm..." He had no idea who this person was, so... "Lady who was fighting the cosplayer. Where exactly do I come into all of this? What's so special about..." He sighed and got on his knees, knowing exactly where this was going. Crud, I'm screwed. "Meh." He shut up. At least his chances could improve if he stayed quiet, for now. It was in his best interest, actually, to make himself less noticeable for the moment or something, considering that he didn't really want anything bad to happen to him as it did to that cosplayer. These people have powers, anyways, wouldn't they stand out more...?

Kana glanced at the human, but proceeded to ignore him. Her focus was on her trio of opponents, as distraction would leave her vulnerable to number 93's restraints as well as number 7's jaws, and while neither necessarily meant death, both would be foolish to allow. She moved into a stance that was more defensive than her usual one, holding her blade with one hand but keeping the other ready for any throws or punches. This was the best choice for what this encounter was for, as her goal was to hold back the Sekirei until one of them began reacting to the human. Or, at least until the human began to draw their interest.

Kotone frowns and clicks her tongue, not entirely having been pleased with the state of affairs. She takes a deep breath and gets in a defensive stance herself, making sure to take note of as much as she can detect. Ki sense, the sound of the area around her, the feeling of the wind... all of it. "I really was showing a weak side of me earlier. I guess I should show you who I really am."

She points to herself, a smile on her face, though making sure she could still hold her defense if need be. "Mizushima Kotone, that's my name, and martial arts is my game. With these hands of mine, I won't falter. Not like earlier!" She eases herself back into her previous stance. She keeps clicking her tongue, not letting yet another method of detection go to waste.

What a waste these other Sekirei were beginning to prove they were, Noah thought to himself. His wolfen pupils were a brilliant green amiss the deep black of his fur as he circled the backside of the other member of the disciplinary squad. It was utterly disappointing that he had been tossed aside like nothing and at the same time, it was a relief. It was good that he didn’t have to deal with them both, maybe now he stood a chance. He rose up to his full height, standing far above the opponents head; a gruesome sight he was as drool dripped from his dagger-sharp fangs.

A harrowing growl barreled from out his throat as he announced his presence. The night sky was dotted with tiny lights, the city lights hanging just below it as the metal beam cringed from his weight. He had made up his mind. This girl in uniform had carried his father’s scent strongly on her clothes and it infuriated him. The growl grew in intensity while his long snout flared open. He would maul her and rip her apart; he didn’t care if anyone else got in the way. It would be their funeral. His body hunched back for just the fraction of a second before he lunged for her right shoulder, aiming to rip the appendage off if he could.

Did he really think he could just jump at a member of the Discipline Squad like that and actually stand a chance? Perhaps he was no smarter than a lowly dog. Number 7's speed was certainly impressive, but he had no room to maneuver in the air. Kana waited for the moment it took Noah to reach her and ducked underneath, pushing down on the ground with her hands and kicking up into the wolf's stomach. "Come now, a single number should be smarter than that." She tossed out in a rather casual tone, resuming her combat stance.

Ryce watched the events carefully. First off, really scary woman at the center in a combat stance that threatened to kill everybody, even naked wolf-guy who had been flung away once again. Then, Kotone- as he now knew was her name- got into a defensive stance and announced- in a great bout of confidence- her name and her "game." Finally... actually he mentioned the wolf-guy got smacked away, so yeah, that was about it. Still, he was bothered. One girl had suddenly gone still, this wolf guy who had previously mauled another one of these crazy strange not-human people had been flung away, and all things considered the one he had once known as frog girl was no longer convincing as a candidate for the title of 'ass-kicker.'

So practically, he was the only one inactive.

There was something wrong with just sitting there, and he knew it. Every man had a conscience, and there was his, kind of just yelling at him to do something. It seemed everyone else had tried- or was willing to try- to beat the strong one up, so... he inched to the side a bit. It seemed there was a misplaced wrench nearby- a big one too. His fingers inched forward to it, before curling around it... but he decided not to do anything decisive yet, instead inching closer to the crazy strong woman calmly, yet trying not to be noticed.

Kotone frowns as she notices him moving, however, she doesn't particularly mention it. He probably has an idea, and she's not going to try to mess it up. With the wolf-man who scared her so being hurt so bad, she welcomed any ideas anyone had, although she begins to take note of his positioning more in case she has to bail him out. She shifts her stance enough to be able to make a break in case she needs to. She clicks her tongue and smiles a bit.

Noah cringed inwardly as the girl’s foot impacted with his gut. His wolfen face contorting into pain while a sharp whimper cut the air. He could see the night sky twisting in a ferris wheel as his vision spiraled with his fall. He counted himself lucky that he had landed on a metal beam nearby. Damn, he thought ruefully. That dumb wench…The least she could had done was spare me the sound of her prissy taunts.

After a moment he pulled himself back up to his paws, though a limp was very much visible in his side now. He took a step towards Kana; if he had remembered the ♥♥♥♥♥’s name right, before baring his fangs towards her again. His expression was just as vicious as before, the determination in his eyes unwavering as he pushed through the pain and trotted towards her. Then quicker than human eyes, he was in a sprint, aiming this time for her ankles. If she had decided to jump up again, then he’d be ready for her. It wasn’t like he knew how to do anything else besides attack; hell, he was a wolf after all. A primal dog ready to bite at anything that grew too close.

Kana did indeed jump, as Noah had expected, but her feet lifted barely an inch above the wolf, and promptly came straight down on his head without missing a beat. A quick leap backward left her a safe distance away and the others right back where they started. "Try again, " she taunted again, her face as unamused as ever. She had a feeling she would be here a while.

Ryce gripped the wrench even tighter at this point, moving a bit faster now that the woman seemed bored- but bored to the point of possibly being overconfident. He could see himself already getting impaled by the blade the woman carried, or just being smacked off the building or something. He couldn't just not do anything, but then again, wolf-man had already been hit by this one- and hit hard as well. Ryce closed his eyes for the moment. He had no way of modifying the wrench or doing anything to inflict more pain, so... he had to make do with what he had.

One does not simply stay still during war. If there was anything potatoes had taught him, it was that one, simple thought.

He snuck up as closely as possible to Kana's [theorized] blind spot, before running in. He gripped the cold metal with his fingers, putting away all the regular thoughts of cowardice just for a moment all for the sake of completing his conscience's... demands. So, without fail, he gave out his best battlecry and swung, in a trajectory that would theoretically hit the woman's neck.

Kotone notices the attack and rushes in. No matter what, she can't think about this ending very well if she doesn't do something to help. Her clicks and hearing, not to mention the echo her ki makes, guide her feet, though her condition and this battleground does make it a depressingly straight dash. She attempts to go for the solarplexus with a palm strike.

She had to give them points for effort, she wouldn't have expected the human to just run in and attack, although it is what the president hoped would happen. He's definitely a good judge of character. But she still couldn't help being disappointed in them after seeing what had happened to number 7. Kana stood stock still and waited for the wrench to be inches away from her neck before grabbing it and using it as leverage to toss the human into number 34 right in front of her, just hard enough to knock her off her feet without really injuring the human.

Athena watched as the human charged recklessly at the Disciplinary Squad member, something that would mean death for any human under different circumstances. Regardless, it wasn't something that could end well, so she quickly moved forward. She focused mid-movement in an attempt to restrain her once more, but Kana noticed Athena too soon and again dodged the cuffs, proceeding to throw the human into the blind Sekirei and down into the unfinished building below. "No!" She cried as she turned to form a platform to stop their fall, but Kana was upon her in moments. Apparently something had occurred to the woman to warrant this uncharacteristic show of aggression, as Kana grabbed Athena and flung her far off the edge of the building. From such a height, it would be a deadly fall for most, but Athena was able to create a platform on which to land safely. Not wasting a second after hitting the platform, Athena rushed back toward the top of the building.

Kana took a moment to contemplate her position and it came to her attention rather quickly that she was in a position where it would be rather hard to defend herself without killing the human if he got in the way. Even the Sekirei could become more difficult to hold back non-lethally if they grew bolder, although it was fortunate that Number 93's abilities showed no offensive presence and actually made it easier to keep alive, as was just demonstrated. At that point Maki was in a better place of it than her, besides the street-side civilians of course.

Kotone yelps in surprise, getting plowed away by a tossed human. She tries to right herself, but the sudden weight causes her footing to stumble. Were there more than a thin beam to hold her stable, this might not have bothered her too much; but with how things are, she falls back, and down, into the building. She keeps her hold on Ryce as they fall into the unfinished building, only letting go when she hits the floor below. "Gah!" She groans, a bit disoriented by the fall.

Ryce found his efforts to be in vain as he nearly let go of his wrench from being thrown into the girl, and used his other hand to make sure his glasses didn't fly away or something. The impact was horrible, and he could've sworn he heard something break- just not a bone. He didn't think about it though, instead regaining his breath and standing up, clutching his chest. "Are you-" He stopped mid sentence as he turned to his right to see a roach on the floor. "Ohmygodohmygo-" He raised his wrench with strength he had never known and brought his wrench down quickly, before turning back to the girl again. "...Are you okay? Because I may not be okay, but... are you okay?"

Kotone groans as she shakes her head. "F-fine... are you?" She lets out another groan while she picks herself up. She feels something stirring in her chest, it feels almost like partial nervousness, but also like... something else. She pushes it aside for now, still nervous about their opponent, before rubbing her head and clicking her tongue, trying to get a gauge of the area. She sighs and pats her other arm, wiping some dust off of it. "And... where's she?" She can feel some pain thoughout her body, but it's not enough to truly mess with her, should she have to continue fighting.

"Not really. I just fell from the top of the building, after being kidnapped, and then saw a roach." He sighed. "All things considered though, I'll be okay. For now." He looked around, quietly, almost awkwardly. "No idea. I'm going to guess that she'll be coming any moment now. I don't think she'd just stay up there after punting me into you." He tightened his empty fist. "Our best bet is to try and see if we can evade her. We should probably be more focused on survival then actually beating... whatever the hell she is. I mean you're not normal, but she's just insane."

The blind fighter cringed, but nods slowly. "Right... I can't really fight well enough to take her down. Honestly, my idea was to hold her off so you could get out, but... well... how would you have gotten down, anyway?" She chuckled a bit to herself, but sighs. She clicks her tongue once more. "But that sounds better... if a bit cruel to leave the others here."

"Thinking of abandoning the closest thing to allies you have hm?" An already too familiar voice intoned from above them. Kana dropped down to Ryce and Kotone's level and put a hand on her hip. "I'm sorry to inform you I simply can't allow that, the president wouldn't be very happy with me if I did."

"Well, I didn't think it'd work well like that even if we tried," Kotone sighs. She proceeds to click her tongue, before taking a defensive stance. "Ah... you should try to get out of here, sir. I don't know if I can keep you safe for long... if at all, really." If nothing else, from both the sound and feel, she feels she has more of an advantage than up above... but against an opponent this far above her... well, she's gonna just try to make sure the man by her isn't gonna get hurt.

Ryce looked on, gulping as he watched. "I wasn't going to abandon them..." He spoke quickly. "I wasn't going to abandon anyone. Running is probably my best option, but... this isn't a coincidence, I've seen a lot of people who are here right now before, like the cosplayer. So..." He breathed in, before deciding to stand his ground. "It's not like I'm never going to be thrown into a situation like this again. There's a reason why I'm here, isn't there? If I'm going to be stuck in this kind of thing later, I'll just..." He brought back his arm with the wrench a bit, as if stretching, before bringing his arm forward semi-dramatically to throw the wrench at Kana. "I'll just stay here!"

A neon green light flashed through the building's interior when Kana's energy blade bisected the wrench as if it were made of warm butter instead of solid iron. This was a fortuitous turn of events, it would be much easier to keep the human alive down here, and the other two Sekirei would most assuredly follow her down. "I'm glad to hear it, it would be disappointing if I was sent all the way here and you turned out to be a coward. I think you'll find yourself not feeling so brave before too long though."
__________________
*Insert witty and/or thought provoking quote here*
Reply With Quote
  #42    
Old April 7th, 2014 (06:36 PM).
Zeta Patchouli's Avatar
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern Florida
Age: 21
Nature: Relaxed

A flurry of feathers! Vs. Kana the Blade Weaver! Pt. 2



"Brave or no, I'll give it a good shot." Kotone smiles and keeps where she is. "If nothing else, I'm not gonna back down again after that pitiful performance earlier. Not when someone's safety is on the line." She pauses for a moment. "Come at me, not him, and maybe then you'll find whatever you're looking for." Her sweat trickles down her face, soaking the bandages over her eyes. She keeps her guard up as much as she can, knowing she'd get killed no problem if she just rushes in.

She can only hope backup comes in soon, cause despite her talk, Kotone stands no chance.

Noah had laid still on the metal beam, his large head laid against the node of one of the screws used to secure it. Again, she had proven a bit too fast. An awkward grin stretched his jowls towards his furry ears. He didn’t think he’d have to go this far against her. He climbed back onto his four paws, his muscular limbs tensed up as he called forth an arcane force. He howled viciously into the air as dark branches shot forth from around him.

Smoke obscured him as he delved down with a pack of six other ghostly wolves following behind. A crashing boom resounded, shooting up a dense wispy smoke. Shortly afterwards five more crashed down too, their booms echoing against the skeletal walls. Several malicious growls came from within, all of them aimed towards Kana. Noah stepped in front of the others, he was ready to attack her with full force. How would she respond to his might?

It appeared that Kana would not be allowed to take it easy on Number 7. She had not yet observed this new attack of his, so she could not risk underestimating it. A moment's focus spawned a circle of energy blades around herself, and another in her second hand. She stood there as the ghostly wolves charged forwards, mentally mapping each's location. In a flurry of activity, the beasts converged on her, hungry for blood. Yet, in mere seconds there was only a massive swirl of mist. Beneath it all, Kana seemed to almost dance as she moved, a myriad of swords spinning in a deadly performance. With a final step, the sawblade-like ring spun to a halt, dispelling the mist as well as the blades and revealing the unharmed warrior underneath.

Almost immediately afterwards, Athena came plummeting down, fist raised as she leapt towards Kana. She couldn't simply stand on the sidelines any longer when even the human she was meant to protect charged fearlessly ahead. That was simply unacceptable! She moved to drop onto the Disciplinary Squad member, only for Kana to move back just enough to avoid it. Undeterred, Athena struck again and again, each attack being gently sidestepped. Kana didn't entertain Athena's rather undeveloped plan for much longer, using a firm backhanded strike to send the Knight flying into the wall.

Kotone attempted to use Athena's attacking to her advantage. She runs in, rushing behind the disciplinary member in an attempt to force a two-sided attack. However, right as she charged in, the sound of Athena hitting the wall hits her ears, which immediately filled her with dread.

She keeps on pressing her attack, however, hoping beyond hope that she could still get in a good hit at this point. Her efforts were to no avail, as Kana dodged the first strike and punched the girl in the gut before she could get a second. Unlike Number 93, Number 34 was a skilled unarmed fighter, and allowing her to proceed as long as 93 did might present a risk. A swift kick sent her to the same outcome as Athena. She was surprised that they would all just rush in against a member of the disciplinary squad, making it clear that they did not understand the gravity of their presence. She would have to fix that if things continued like this.

The blind fighter groans as she hits the wall. She's still standing, though only because she's leaning against said wall. "Welp... that... w-went about expected. Gah..." She falls to her knees, holds her belly and tries in vain to stabilize herself. She spits on the ground and manages to stand up using the wall as a crutch once again.

Ryce looked back and forth at each attacker, noting that the cosplayer was back, wolf-man had a new skill by the looks of it, and that Kotone wasn't in good shape [not like anyone else was, either]. Considering that rushing the Disciplinary Squad member wasn't working, and nor was throwing wrenches, he looked around to see if he could find anything worth using. There wasn't much, really, from a glance, but he did notice something out of place nearby. He raised an eyebrow as he saw it, and quickly got out of the way of the other "combatants" to get near it. He held it in his hand for a moment, and grinned as he felt something all too familiar.

It was a wire. It wasn't live yet, but it was still a wire. And wires were beautiful.

An idea was already forming in his head, but to put it into action he needed some time. Then again, he was already pushing it by being the only defenseless one in the current situation, but... Eurgh. He hated the fact that he felt so open, and weak. He shook his head- this still didn't change the fact that he needed time. Seems like I'll need to rely on everyone else for a bit longer... The wire ran some ways, so that meant somewhere there was a power source. He got up and looked at it for a moment, before gulping. Cover me, I have a plan. He mouthed to Noah and Athena, aware that Kotone had bandages over her eyes, and began to run next to the wire to find any breaks in it or anything to use to his advantage.

Noah had stood back while his pack had charged forwards. One by one their bodies were slashes through and dispersed into a fine mist. Noah growled openly and loudly. It was beyond infuriating to finally realize just how weak he was compared to the Disciplinary Squad. That woman had barely broken a sweat going up against his Wolves…when other Sekireis would had been ripped down to basic limbs. He could feel his heart thumping exceptionally loud in his chest, even as it rose and fell erratically. His eyes shifted in their sockets as he slowly started to recognize the feeling coursing through him.

…Is this …fear? He asked himself. His instincts drove his eyes towards the human before he could think it through. He looked just long enough for him to get the gist of what the human was mouthing. Noah wasn’t usually into obeying others but this was a special situation. He cursed himself for throwing his body into peril again but honestly, the primal urge to kill this woman was beginning to become too strong for him to control. His emerald eyes glazed over with darkness with this understanding; his fear was tossed to the wind. I’m going to kill her. Rip her apart. Shred her organs! He growled furiously.

His front paw stomped the earth savagely before he gaited up to Kana. He stopped a few feet away from her, his eyes lingering on the blades. It was becoming harder to think rationally, to think with reason. His razor sharp fangs dripped with drool, then suddenly, with a burst of air and debris, five more wolves had surrounded her.

Number 7 had put Kana in a bad position, and in turn, himself. At such a close range, she wondered if she could take out the phantom wolves and subdue Number 7 without killing him, as she would not have enough time to properly anticipate each's move. However, judging by their last attack, they simply charged forwards like rabid animals, and a quick look at Number 7 revealed that he wasn't much better. Opting for her same reactionary tactics from earlier, she prepared her two swords and decided to simply use kicks against Number 7.

Athena lifted herself off the wall, acknowledging that what she'd done probably wasn't the best course of action. However, she'd been met with no success in coming up with her own plans. She looked up at the battle and saw the Disciplinary Squad member surrounded by wolves of Number 7's creation. The woman moved as the wolves rushed mindlessly towards her, swinging her swords. In that moment, it seemed to Athena that time had slowed, her memories recalling the tactic that had gotten them here but proved to no longer work. She would need a much stronger barrier than the ones that formed the cuffs to be successful, considering how little force a Disciplinary Squad member would need to exert to break them.

With a flick of her wrist in Kana's direction to enhance her focus, she crafted barriers in the directions that Kana's arms moved in front of the arms themselves, stopping them from finishing their motions. Kana had not expected this, and instantly shifted to a dodge. Stepping away from the barriers, she leapt back to avoid the incoming attacks, but another barrier appeared behind her and stopped her. This was becoming incredibly frustrating for her to do without restoring her ring of blades, which would no doubt shred Number 7 to pieces. She attempted a spin to the side, swinging her blades to cut the barriers around her, but more inhibited her arms. Number 93 had never shown herself to be a tactician before, so this was quite uncalled for. The barrage of barriers was making it near impossible to do this properly.

Athena's actions had never been so precise before, spawning one barrier after another. Her hands seemed to move frantically like a crazed conductor as she worked, her gaze locked onto Kana and her movements, nothing else. She hoped that the Wolf Sekirei would be able to use this to his advantage and that the two of them could keep her busy long enough for the human to escape. It occurred to her that if this had happened even this morning, she would not be able to do this. She would have to thank the man who had helped her realize she could use her barriers in such a creative way later.

Meanwhile, as Athena created barriers with the expertise of a tactician, Ryce had found himself running a bit more away from the battle to encounter... What? He looked at it for a moment. Big, round, and by the looks of it, powered by electricity. In a construction site... There was one thing only one thing this could be, and the glass in the front gave it away. He looked a bit farther. It seemed like it was hooked up by... an extension cord? Seriously? No really long wire? Well... that was disappointing. He walked over to where it should be connected- rather, it wasn't. To conserve energy. Of course. So, if... He began grinning as he began to put the pieces together, running back to the spotlight to fiddle with it some more...

"Enough!" Shouted Kana in a surprising show of emotion as several blades formed around her in an instant and flew outwards, spearing through both the barriers present and each of the phantom wolves, with another stabbing straight into the wall next to Athena's head. Once Number 7 was the only one remaining nearby, Kana rushed toward him and drove a pair of energy swords into his shoulders before she grabbed him by the throat and slammed him into the ground. Every sword on the rest of the field disappeared as she leapt backward a few meters. "Why do you all seek death so?" she asked, glaring at Athena and Noah as she did so.

Noah hadn’t been paying much attention to his ghostly wolves, his rage was fueling the flames of his attacks. As the woman screamed out enough, Noah’s ears had rung from the sensitivity. Her scream was too piercing, too shrill. He whimpered a bit before stroking his large ears with one of his paws. You wench! Shut uppppp! He thought harshly to himself.

Then he felt an iron grip wrap around his furred throat and slam him into the earth. It cracked underneath him and he felt a sharp ache come from his ribs, followed by twin sharp punctures in his shoulders. The beast growled harshly before it slowly faded into a pain-filled moan, coupled with the sound of a sizzling heat. Noah was human again, his body covered in the sweat of transformation. You horrid creature. Sekirei were never meant to back down. Grinned Noah. Or did he forget to program that into you. Noah cringed, as he attempted to move between the swords embedded in his shoulders. Maybe now is the time to awaken. He thought lazily.

Kotone coughs once again, spitting out some more spit that gathered up in her mouth. She frowns as she hears the Disciplinary member's statement, slowly picking herself off of the wall. She pats her belly, to see how much pain it's still in. She cringes, but it's still workable. 'Just keep on talking... with all of us here, there's gotta be someone who can figure something out... and then it's good night.' She sighs and focuses all of her senses as much as she can, although foregoes the clicking so as to not completely give herself away.

She shudders as the pain still messes with her, but she shoves it out of her mind, not wanting to back down. If she were to die now, to die so early and to die without an Ashikabi, she's going to do it standing her ground, at the very least.

Ryce grinned as the spotlight faced exactly where he needed it to face, and took together both sides of the cord, clenching his teeth and grinning excitedly. Almost smashing them together, the plug going in quickly, he ran back to the spotlight to make sure it was pointing in the correct direction, noting Kana's remark as she said it. "We do not seek death, but survival! Now!" He cried, pointing the spotlight in Kana's face before running and noticing some more spotlights he hadn't seen before lighting up. Excitedly, he ran to adjust each one and attempt to blind Kana.
Reply With Quote
  #43    
Old April 7th, 2014 (06:46 PM).
DLMuerte's Avatar
DLMuerte
Knight of Time
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Listening.
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte

Ryce
mother of rice WHAT JUST HAPPENED- the first winging of Wings of Fate



Kana gave a calming sigh, realizing that losing her cool would put her at too much unnecessary risk. A voice called out from a different direction. It appeared that the human was finally taking action. His words were confident, suggesting to Kana that perhaps he may be worthy of the title of Ashikabi after all. She turned to look at him, but it was a bad decision as a bright light shined straight into her eyes. She shut them immediately and stepped to the side, opening her eyes again only to be met by yet another light not long after. She realized that they were all going straight for her, she jumped upwards to dodge instead. However, there was another of Number 93's barriers stopping her from being able to do so.

Athena saw a chance as the human shined an incredibly bright light at the Disciplinary Squad member. She reasoned that if she couldn't see where the barriers were, she couldn't destroy them with an attack like the last one, so she moved to trap the woman, starting with a ceiling. However, as she made another barrier behind her, she was surprised to see the light from one of the spotlights reflect off it and into a wall. An idea occurred to her. She glanced at the other two Sekirei, seeing that the blind one was the only one who was fighting fit, so she proceeded with her plan. "Get closer to her!" Athena commanded as she got to work creating barriers at new angles in an attempt to form a sort of dome of light, something that took all her focus to maintain. Even the ring of blades would not be able to stop something like that.

Kotone noticed the hum of the spotlights almost immediately. She stands tall and clicks her tongue once more. Through the echo she sees the brightness of the barriers, albeit dimmer than the ki of their opponent. While she did hear Athena's shout, she said nothing she wasn't going to do to begin with. Kotone one rushes in towards the barriers, gathering as much of her power as she can.

She dashes in on Kana and immediately slams her elbow into her neck with as much force as she can muster. She proceeds to kick one of her legs out, trying to send Kana to the ground. The woman somehow managed to catch herself, but is unable to stop another punch directly to the spine, then a kick to the head. She moves to strike again, but the amount of power and the pain from earlier begins to kick in, causing her to hesitate.

Taking advantage of the opening, Kana delivered a punch to where she guessed Number 34 to be from her earlier strikes. It hit the girl's gut again and sent her flying back as before and being tossed out of the intense field of light through a gap in the barriers. She did not feel comfortable being in such a risky position, but she had realized that this was exactly what the President wanted. Thus, she did her best to predict her opponents' movements blindly, as futile an effort as it was.

Kotone groans and tries to pick herself back up, but the movement aggravated the pain even more, keeping her down. She shudders, completely unable to stand at this point.

Noah held his eyes on the woman as the lights blinded her, his instincts urging him to hit her while he had the chance. He rose up to his feet, fighting through the throbbing agony on his shoulders, even as they had started to heal. With a sizzle of heat and smoke, the holes closed up and yet the pain was still very much throbbing. Noah raised up to his feet and while Kana was distracted by Kotone went and created five more wolves. They popped up around him and started attacking from different angels, three of them charged forward, one of them leaped from above, and the last waited behind to see what she would do. And when he would see the slightest opening he would appear behind her and snap her neck. At this point, he couldn't care less for the rules of the Plan.

Ryce was actually pretty excited due to the results of his attacks- or rather, his 'blinding' technique against Kana. Was he finally gaining the upper hand? The thought of simply winning aganst Kana was pretty exciting, and the fact that it was partially due to him was even more awesome. Or at least, it was exciting until someone else fell. Like fell as in the equivalent of fainting-but-not-really-fainting-but-heavily-damaged-or-immobile. He ran over to Kotone, forgetting about the spotlights for that moment, pretty sure that they would be fine if he left them for a moment.

"Kotone, right?" He attempted to help her get up, and although he was very limited in terms of arm strength such a pitiful excuse for a guy, Aaron would say, he managed to sort of move her a bit, crouching and trying to put her over his shoulder. "Heh, if we stay here much longer... we have a chance at winning, but..." He grimaced, halting his speech for the moment.

Kotone groans as she's helped up. Her footing is weak and she's holding her stomach. "Ack..." She nods and leans on him, having no other way to keep herself up. "N-no ch...ance. Too... strong." She tries to catch her breath, her body shuddering.

After a moment, she closes her eyes. "B-but... thanks anyway... real nice..." She nods weakly and smiles. As her exhaustion and pain begin to wane, the nervousness from earlier begins to come back.

"...You might be right about the strong part." Ryce smiles afterwards, looking at her, face to face. "But hey, you're welcome. If someone's fallen, it's the least I can do to help them get back up... literally or figuratively."

Kotone breathes in and tries to focus, although the feeling just grows stronger. Not just nervousness, but a bit of excitement, even. "H-here... a reward... p-please don't be mad..."

"A reward?" Ryce looks at her strangely for a moment. "This isn't a time for a reward, but..." He's clearly confused, stumbling through his words for a moment before becoming quiet, still facing her.

"Well, it might be... guh... the only time I can..." She gulps before moving in, kissing him directly on the lips.

At the contact the heat in Kotone's body grew exponentially more intense, but without the slightest hint of pain, and soon spread through Ryce's body like a wildfire. Many different emotions and feelings, some of which can't even be put into words rushed through them a blur and Kotone's body began to glow. Bandages or no, for just a moment Kotone felt like she could see everything and it was all more beautiful than she could have imagined. And then the most amazing thing of all happened, wings, large enough to envelope them both in their soft, euphoric embrace burst from Kotone's back, appearing to be made of pure light in every color known to man and many more nobody could possibly comprehend. Just as quickly as they appeared the wings faded away, leaving only a trace of their ethereal presence and both became aware of the world once again, eternally bonded.

Meanwhile, Kana had begun to lose patience with Number 7. It had occurred to her that if he was still able to fight, he was well enough to survive another blade. She could hear the wolves approaching, in their ravenous growling, and spawned several swords facinng outward in a dome-like shape. The charging wolves could not be controlled as precisely as they potentially could at Number 7's current level of power, and ran straight into the suddenly conjured blades. Number 7 was wounded, so his heavy breathing served to reveal his location to the blinded Kana, as did the growls of the final remaining wolf, so she did as before and sent a pair of her blades flying at them, destroying the wolf and impaling Noah. Considering his single-number status, he should be able to survive the blade just fine, since she made sure to launch it at an abdominal height. Number 7 was pushed out of the dome by the force, sword in plain sight from his stomach.

Back with Kotone, she stands there for a moment, just processing what just happened. Within the span of just moments, she feels... different. Not just different, but somehow more whole. She opens and closes her fist, just amazed with what just happened.

The moment she heard the battle still going on, though, her mind was once again focused on that. She clicks her tongue and throws out her ki, showing her everything she needs to know. She slides into an offensive stance and stomps on the ground, making a small hole.

"No matter if our love is blind, I shall strike down my Ashikabi's enemies!" With that, she dashes in, far faster than before. With her new speed and awareness, finding her way through the barrier was far easier than ever before, and her first blow strikes true. A punch to the stomach.

Then without skipping a beat, she throws two punches. Headshot and another gut shot. Then three, her side, chest and an uppercut. And with one last gathering of power, she throws all she has into her last punch, straight to the stomach. Pain shoots through her own hand after this final strike, and she stands there, breathing heavily. Not even enough ki remaining after to send out afterwards. The bandages that once covered her hands slide off, torn from the force of her attacks, showing off her bleeding knuckles.

Ryce stands in awe, dumbstruck. He's still processing this. The fact that he was kissed and then suddenly the girl who kissed him gained amazing powers and became a badass martial artist is kinda a lot for him to take in for one moment. Please wait as we restablish connection with his brain.

...Much better. Ryce grins, suddenly feeling almost stronger for some reason, and wiping off his brow regardless of whether or not it has sweat. "...Awesome..." He speaks in English, which is weird in the way it comes out of his mouth because he hasn't spoken much English without Aaron nearby. Whatever. It still conveys the same message. Quickly realizing what was going on inside the dome, he rushes back to the nearest spotlight and adjusts it to give off more light.

The unmistakable words of a Norito sounded through Kana's ears, immediately followed by a strike that could only have come from Number 34. She took hit after hit until the final one that managed to knock the wind out of her. Then everything was still and silent except for the humming of the spotlights. If one could see through the dome's light, they would be able to spot what looked like the tiniest hint of a smile adorn Kana's face. "Mission accomplished," she said quietly under her breath. With her task complete, Kana was ready to leave, but she recalled the boldness of the Sekirei around her. It wouldn't do for the Sekirei to lose their fear of the Disciplinary Squad, and in turn, of the authority of MBI.

Having regained her breath, Kana stood upright and spoke firmly. "By the will of my lord, these blades shall carve a path to his dreams!" Kana took a step back from Kotone, and a column of blades flashed into existence around her. They promptly began to shoot out in all directions, moving deliberately to pierce the barrier panels despite the chaotic image presented by such numerous blades. As the blades met their targets, more spawned immediately in their place and sought out new ones, namely the spotlights. They sliced through the air as if they had eyes of their own, curving around obstacles to skewer only their intended targets. Yet more swords flew from the column, these aimed at the Sekirei present. They dug themselves into the ground near them, forming a circle right around each person.

The building was silent once more, Kana standing at the center of it all. She looked at each of the Sekirei, and her gaze lingered just a bit longer on Number 34 and the man who was now her Ashikabi.

If any present would have been foolish enough to try one last attack after that, all thoughts of such a farce were chased away when Maki landed next to Kana with a flourish of her staff and a light gust of wind. "Well it looks like you did a good job." She congratulated her partner without caring if the others were listening or not. Her face grew serious afterwards however and she leaned in close to whisper to Kana. "I think I was successful myself, and it's a good thing too; we have to go now. She's around again, I doubt she's going to try anything but I'd rather leave nonetheless."

Kana nodded in agreement. There was no reason to stay now that their tasks had been completed. She shuddered in brief anger at the mention of her, reminding herself that she still lacked the power to put that woman in her place. She quickly put those thoughts out of her head, not wanting to have them inhibiting her if something were to happen on the way back. She turned away from the scene, dispelling the dozens of swords around the field before starting home, the battered bodies of her opponents in her wake.

It took a moment for everything to catch up to the exhausted and injured Kotone, but after Kana and her partner left, she finally was able to take everything in. Even if she knows she's still nothing to those two, the feelings from earlier still have their hold on her. She weakly giggles and falls back, landing on the ground. "W-still alive..." She relaxes as much as she can on the cold floor of the incomplete building. Her muscles may be screaming for now, but she's still alive, she and everyone near. Especially him. That thought comforts her as she drifts off for now.

For just a moment, true fear and astonishment had shown on Noah’s sweat smeared face. Even as a huge sword was jutting from his mid-section, he rose to his feet. His human canines were longer than man’s but still small enough to fit in his jaws. They gnawed at the bottom of his lip, his elongated ears visible amongst the mess of his curls of hair. He stumbled forth and gripped the handle of the blade in the floor, his body was incapable of holding itself up. The wolf Sekirei had so much built up anger for them and that man. All he wanted to do was replace his flimsy human voice with a booming, godly one. His shallow breathes was turned into a sideways smirk as the blades dispersed.

”I’ll kill, no…I’ll obliterate you and this plan.” He growled to himself.

His bare body was bloody to the point that most of it was colored either red or black. Still though, he laughed. He chuckled manically at his own weakness. And here he had thought that an Ashikabi would be useless. But gauging from that spike in power that blind girl had gotten; then they would prove to be the perfect tool for his ideals. He stumbled towards a barely built window. Turning his body towards the others, he gave them a poorly performed salute and toothy grin before falling out the window and into the urban jungle.

Ryce had a bunch of conflicting thoughts at that moment. Extremely strong people left. Girl suddenly kissed him and he had what could be described as the best moment of his life. Person jumped out the window. He took a moment to breathe before realizing that Kotone had said something happily before passing ou- passing out! He ran towards her, attempting to carry her with all of his strength.

Ryce was a toothpick, but for some reason he gritted his teeth and lifted her up steadily. Is it just me, or is she stronger- and heavier- than before? He shook his head, throwing it out of his head before it affected his lifting. Seeing a lift not too far from his location, he carried Kotone to it, gritting his teeth again and finally slumping down on it with her in his arms. "Phew..." He sighed- but smiled, before looking to Athena. "Um, hey... I never quite caught your name, but thanks. You can crash at my place if you'd like, it's the least I could do. I insist."

Athena blinked a few times, getting her bearings after everything that had just happened. They'd survived an encounter with the Disciplinary Squad, a Sekirei had been winged in front of her, and it just occurred to her from Noah's departure that she'd never seen a naked man before. The human's words broke her out of her stupor. She'd been leaning against the wall for the entirety of the battle's final stage, so she tried to stand straight, but a pulse of pain shot through her head, causing her to stumble before catching herself on the wall. She'd never exerted herself this much with her barriers before. She took a deep breath and righted herself, managing to be successful this time. "I am called Athena, and thank you for your offer, but I will be fine. It would be wrong to interrupt your privacy, after all."

She moved to the window Noah had jumped out of, but turned back to the human one last time. "Take good care of her, hu- Ashikabi," she said to him with a soft, kind smile unlike the stern, demanding expression he was probably used to seeing her with. "You are now one, bonded forevermore." She moved back to the window and began to conjure a set of stairs. Light purple energy began to form in front of her, but it seemed to wobble the greater the staircase grew until another piercing wave of pain hit her head, dispelling the enrergy. It seemed she had, in fact, overexerted herself, and the staircase plan would not be an option. She turned back to the closing doors of the lift the blind Sekirei and her Ashikabi were in and she quickly made a small cube between them, stopping them from closing while she made her way to it. "On second thought," she said, pulling open the doors with an almost sheepish smile. "I should at least accompany you two to the bottom to make sure you stay safe."

Ryce raised his eyebrows before simply chuckling. "It would be an honor, Athena, if you could make sure nothing happened to Kotone, or me for that matter. I couldn't defend myself if I tried," he said, chuckling and holding up a thin arm to prove it.

Right after the construction lift started to go down one of Ryce's phones issued a voice he had most assuredly heard before. "Oh goody! It's time for my favorite part of the day! Wait...it's already on? I mean." The voice cut off for a second and the phone started to beep, clearly waiting for Ryce to pick it up.

Ryce shuddered, and picked up the call. He figured that if this guy had already hacked into his phone, he might as well do so. "Um, hello?" He sort of tried to play along with it.

The phone's screen blinked into a video mode and the face of none other than Hiroto Minaka blinked on in front of Ryce, the president of MBI was not in his normal attire often used during public appearances or service announcements however. Minaka was wearing a strangely collared white cape over his suit and his hair was splayed about wildly, giving him the appearance of some mad villain. "Well hello Mr. Danner! It seems I have the honor of informing you that you have just become an important little piece in my Sekirei Plan! I hope you're a better listener than that last jerk at the restaurant... he had the nerve to interrupt me... ME!" Minaka's face became a childish pout for a second at mention of the last person, clearly he wasn't used to anyone being brave enough to cut him off.

Shaking his head, Ryce sighed. "Hiroto Minaka of the MBI? For some reason I'm not really surprised. I mean I've only seen so many things, like... well it seems like you're orchestrating this so you probably already know." He recalled a few people saying something about 'the will of the Plan' and stuff, so he figured this had to do with it... "Tell me, what's this whole Sekirei Plan thing anyways? And why do I have to be kidnapped by COMPLETELY RANDOM strangers to fufill it?"

Minaka smiled like he'd heard exactly what he wanted and continued. "I have no idea what you mean, I don't know anything about any kidnappings but the Plan is exactly what I'm here to tell you about. Now that you've winged sweet little Kotone you've become a part of the greatest love story of all time! You are an Ashikabi, you have bonded with Kotone and you two are now partners in the plan. You will fight to become stronger and the last Ashikabi standing will recieve their greatest wish alongside all their Sekirei. If you find more Sekirei you should try to make them emerge as well, the more Sekirei an Ashikabi has the more powerful they are. I'm sure Kotone can explain the rest to you when she wakes up, and I've got work to do. Just be careful around any Ashikabi you meet! They might try to hurt your dear Sekirei the first chance they get!" With that the screen blinked off, leaving Ryce not much more informed than he was before, but at least he was somewhat in the loop.

At that moment, Ryce simply thought of Athena, which was embarassing for that moment since she was literally right next to him. Afterwards he thought of that other guy who got kidnapped, as well as the other powerful fire-lady he had encountered. He clenched his fist tightly. He didn't really care much for the wish at the end, although it would be a nice perk. Survival just sounded a lot better for the moment.

Seeing the President's face and hearing his voice after so long stirred confused feelings within Athena. The events from earlier in the day made the Sekirei Plan seem like such an awful thing, offering them something wonderful then snatching it right back. Yet, the image of the blind Sekirei's beautiful wings held in her mind, making her wonder if all that suffering was worth it. She looked beside her at that same Sekirei, sound asleep, and said nothing for a few moments. "She's lucky. Perhaps I will find my chosen soon. Until now it has seemed like such an impossible quest, and I was starting to lose hope, but you both have given that back to me. Thank you."

"Heh... No problem, I guess." He blushed a bit, still thinking about what Minaka said. "Well anyways, if you ever need a place to say, my offer is still open. I hope we meet again, although I hope when we do it's not... well, y'know. Fighting." He grins sheepishly before getting up with Kotone in his arms. Heh... what a day, I guess. I mean, I started out throwing a football with an idiot friend who came from 'Murca and now I'm carrying a girl who... He shook his head to try and clear his head as the lift doors creaked open at the street level.




Once again Minaka was peering out over Tokyo from in front of the grand clock atop Teito Tower, looking down on the city as if it was his own. Two of the Disciplinary Squad members landed on the roof and approached him, one of them saluting and the other refusing to bother. "We've returned mister president, as I'm sure you are aware we are confident our missions were successes."

Minaka grinned the same mad grin he'd shown the American Ashikabi with the glasses a short while ago. "Do you know what this means my dears? 85% of the Sekirei have emerged, we're getting very close now. Demi is already out helping the security force set up the Northern District's blockades, I want you Maki to go do the same in the West, and you Kana to finish up the East. When all three of you are finished you will regroup here before moving to blockade the south. Steel yourself girls, tomorrow we begin Phase Two."
__________________


HOMESTUCK


Beta Kids Collab: Dave

rp corner lurker

activity levels: existent

now doing nanowrimo

Homestuck Fanclub




Reply With Quote
  #44    
Old April 7th, 2014 (06:52 PM). Edited April 23rd, 2014 by Lord Sephear.
Lord Sephear's Avatar
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nevada...ugh
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed

The Sekirei Plan explained, you are an Ashikabi


"Perhaps you would like to discuss things after we've moved to a more... private place, hmm?" Fia questioned, glancing meaningfully about at the crowd that was starting to gather now that Layfe was no longer keeping them hidden. She didn't wait for him to reply as she moved behind him and wrapped her arms around his torso. Her wings, still ablaze behind her, flapped furiously a few times as they worked to get them both aloft. Fia may not be the strongest Sekirei physically, but she was certain she handle a single human. "Where do you live?" she called to him as she rose up over the buildings. "Your living quarters will do as a place of conversation, and you can dress yourself."

Seiji felt himself burning with embarrassment, it was a good thing for him he wasn't prone to blushing. "Oh yeah, I forgot you had these big pretty phoenix wings. Thanks for that, it's nice to know I won't have to walk home by myself. My apartment is...wait what about that guy who tried to help us?"

Fia gave Layfe an unconcerned look and gave a hum of thought. She didn't really want to set Seiji down after she'd just gotten into the air... Oh, that could work. Swooping down low to the ground again, but careful not to drag the human below her, she spun in the air and struck the male Sekirei with a kick in the side to send him skidding out of the street. "There, he won't be at risk of being run over by any vehicles now."

Geeze, she's so warm. It's nice but...weird, I wish I had more clothes on... He guided her towards his apartment, and as soon as they landed he waited for her to let go, then frantically unlocked the door and ran inside. He realized he had almost forgot his manners and stopped back in front of the door for a second with a courteous bow. "Thank you for the help and welcome to my home, please come inside and make yourself comfortable." Before running straight to his bedroom to get dressed.

Fia took the invitation to heart and strolled into the apartment as if she owned the place. If she was disappointed by his living quarters, she quickly forgot it as her feet led her straight to the kitchen. Her "meal" earlier hadn't been all that substantial, and she was now quite ravenous. Sadly, she couldn't find anything within the cupboards or refrigerator that caught her interest. In the end, she pilfered a tub of ice cream from his freezer and sat herself down on a couch to eat it; it was at least better than nothing.

It wasn't long before Seiji came back out of his bedroom in a plain white T-shirt, black jeans and socks. Instead of being annoyed at the sight of Fia eating his ice cream he laughed. "I see you had no problem taking me up on my offer to make yourself at home." He sat down on the other side of the couch from her and leaned back to stretch, so happy he could finally relax. "Ahh... So, care to tell me a bit about this whole mess I seem to be involved in?"

Her azure eyes flashed up to stare at him. She stuck another spoonful in her mouth as she pretended to mull over the question; really, she was just taking another moment to enjoy the flavor of the frozen treat dissolving in her mouth. "Hmm, how should I put this...," she mused. "I am what is known as a Sekirei; those others you saw on that tower were Sekirei as well. Besides that geeky-looking one, he was just another human like yourself. Well, perhaps not just a human. Judging by tonight's events, I think it's safe to say that you are both Ashikabi."

The explanation was so barren and short Seiji could almost imagine his eyes shrinking into dots and his mouth becoming a line like some anime character. "A Sekirei...Ashikabi..." The word Ashikabi didn't ring a bell but Sekirei..."That's a type of bird, but what does that-oh!"

Teach all the little birds the power of love...

"That dream... I think you might be right, I might be an Ashikabi uhh... wait...what is an Ashikabi?"

"An Ashikabi is a human a Sekirei bonds with so that it may reach its full potential." Fia smirked slightly at him. "Let's see if you can guess how the bond is made."

Thinking back to the dream Seiji wondered what she meant by that, whatever the answer was she seemed to think the question would entertain her. Teach all the little birds the power of love... so... something romantic? "Hmm... if that dream I had to go on I'd say it's probably some expression of love..." He tapped his chin for a second. There are really only two ways of expressing love that are never platonic... and I'm not going to even bring up the possibility of the second one, not around some girl I just met, that's rude. "Is it a kiss?"

"Bingo!" she exlaimed, twirling her spoon dramatically. "Which, yes, that means you'll have beautiful women fawning all over you within the next few days."

"Oh the timing." He muttered to himself. "And I just broke up with Hiromi - errh my last girlfriend... fate has a cruel sense of irony." After a few more seconds of thinking he made himself feel better and let out a chuckle. "But at least I'm safe for now I guess, you don't seem the fawning type." He added with a lighthearted smile.

A wicked grin crossed Fia's face. "No, I'm not particularly interested in fawning over anyone, but that doesn't mean I am not in need of an Ashikabi. Especially with the enemy I've made today, an Ashikabi would definitely be of great use to me..." She didn't say anything more than that, but rather left him to his own speculations about her thoughts as she purposefully allowed for her eyes to drift over his form again.

"Is that an offer? I can't tell if you keep 'appraising' me like that to mess with me or not." he countered with a chuckle. "I'm in no rush for another relationship, but I must say you are one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen, not just your looks, but your voice." He had to admit, she made being an Ashikabi sound rather appealing, but his personal experiences so far told him that whatever the good it might come with it was definitely a pain in the ass.

Fia laughed lightly at his words, but didn't give an answer to his question; she did, however, react to his praise. "If you enjoy my voice so much, I may be tempted to sing you to sleep if you ask nicely enough; and get me something proper to eat. While ice cream is indeed a delectable treat, its not near enough sustenance." While there was still a teasing tone in the words, she wasn't completely beyond the idea, especially now that she seemed to run out of her snack.

With a single check of his wallet Seiji decided he could spare some money for a treat, especially if it's to treat someone who just got done saving his life. "Well I have to thank my savior, what do you like to eat?"

"The most expensive thing you can afford, preferably," she responded immediately. "I have very fine tastes."

"Eh, I know just the place..." Seiji said with a nervous smile. Guess that new suit will have to wait... He held the door open for Fia, closed it, locked it, and proceeded to lead her to the most well priced, yet still fairly ritzy and very nice restaurant he could think of. A not so little place just called "The International Buffet" Which, contrary to it's name had plenty of made to order dishes besides the gigantic buffet. Surely Fia would be able to pick out something there, they had more different kinds of food there than he'd ever heard of before, and they weren't all simple or cheap either.




The waiter was the very image of courteous as he left the bill and moved on to service other tables, but that didn't stop Seiji from imagining himself unjustly attacking the man when he looked at the price. He hadn't actually brought enough cash to pay so he casually dropped his debit card on the table before patting his belly and addressing Fia. "Well that was delicious, I hope you enjoyed it, because my bank account sure didn't." He finished with a smile.

Fia wiped her mouth daintily with a napkin, eliciting a small sigh of pleasure that good food always provided to her. It may not have been the finest in the land, but it was likely the best she would be able to attain. "It was satisfactory," she said coolly once her face was was cleared of any crumbs and smears. His willingness to spend such a large amount of money on her had definitely been pleasing; perhaps this wouldn't be such a terrible thing after all.

She bit her lower lip in a small show of rare uncertainty, then her usual calm was back. Rising from her chair, she circled around the small table to where Seiji sat. Not giving him even a moment to wonder what she was doing, she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his.

Seiji was glad Fia had enjoyed the meal at least a little bit, because he'd have no money for anything else if it had to be a regular thing. At least I was able to properly thank her for- His thoughts were cut off by Fia's daring move, even if he had seen it coming he couldn't have possibly been prepared for the results.

The moment their lips met their bodies were suffused with a heat more intense than either had ever experienced, yet neither felt burnt. Both were wreathed in flames that cradled and caressed more gently and affectionately then the most endearing of lovers while a very soft chanting began in the backs of their minds. Fia glowed brightly for a few seconds of the contact before wings burst from her back, accompanied by a sharp rise in pitch and tempo of the growing song, but these were not the creations of azure flames she so often used. The wings could be described as nothing other than prismatic, they were twice as big as her body and shined in colors that defy human language to communicate. As the wings rapidly shifted colors so did the arias from the chorus of faceless singers reach it's crescendo and cut off all the various gasps and exclamations from the other patrons for Fia and Seiji. Although the pair were too frozen in bliss to see the spectacle they were creating, for just one single moment the rapturous beauty of the song they heard wrung a single tear from each of their eyes. It all happened in only a few seconds, but when it was done the two were bonded forevermore as well as being left completely breathless. Fia could feel a new warmth in her body, one that comforted her and made her feel stronger than ever before.

Seiji, being the weaker of the two thanks to his human condition was almost left gasping for air when they broke contact. "That... was... oh my god... I've never felt anything like that before, I don't think I could even describe it." He was so in shock from the whole experience he didn't even notice all the patrons staring at them or screaming and running away.

Fia took a small step back, her blue eyes wide with surprise as she attempted to regain her breath. Nothing could have prepared her for the sudden burst of overwhelming emotion and power she was being flooded with. "I... I can't say I was quite expecting it to be so... intense," Fia replied breathlessly, her calm voice belying the wonder still shining in her eyes.

"I... uh... So I guess this means we're... connected now, although I'm not really sure what entails. What should we d-" Yet another interruption, this time it was a waiter nervously handing Seiji one of those expensive touchpad devices. "What's this?"

"S-someone brought this in for you sir." As soon as Seiji took the tablet the waiter scurried off, no more eager to be close to them than the other patrons.

He still felt in a daze, he wasn't sure how clear his thoughts were, especially considering at that moment they kept darting back to Fia regardless of how hard he tried to focus. It seemed right then like the only important thing was how she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen, he shook his head. Ugh I feel so muddled... but so good too. He tapped the blank screen of the tablet and it flared to life, the screen lighting up rather quickly.

The screen was filled with the visage of none other than Hiroto Minaka, the president of MBI himself. "Congratulations Seiji! You've just become a part of the greatest love story the world has ever seen! You are an Ashi-"

"Yeah, I already know that part." Seiji interrupted with a dismissive wave. "But how are you related to-"

"SILENCE! There are plenty of things you don't know about the plan yet!" While Minaka cleared his throat Seiji couldn't help noticing how much different from normal he looked, his hair was spread out randomly, and he was wearing some strange cape over his suit that made him look like some insane person instead of the president of Tokyo's most successful corporation. "Now, you have become a part of the Sekirei Plan Mr. Taketo, you and Fia here are now partners, bound tighter than you can imagine. All the Sekirei in the plan are destined to fight until one Ashikabi and their Sekirei stand above all the rest, and are granted their greatest wish."

"Greatest Wish? So we get a wish granted?"

"Well, more or less, you'll understand later. But for now I urge you to enjoy yourself, because pretty soon you'll be fighting for your life."

"But... " Seiji looked down at the table for a second, he didn't like the idea of fighting other people, especially not to the death. "I don't want to hurt other people for no reason."

"That's a shame." Minaka countered with a rather sadistic smile. "Because there are plenty of other Ashikabi out there who aren't so impractical, and they'll come after you eventually. If you want to stand a chance you better help your Seikirei get stronger, and find more to wing. The more Sekirei an Ashikabi has the more powerful they become. Anyways, good luck, I have other matters I must attend to. Oh! One more thing! Don't try to leave the city, you're rather late to enter the plan, and I'm afraid what little time you may have had to run is already gone." With that the tablet blinked off and Seiji was left wondering what he'd gotten into.

He turned to Fia and put a hand on her shoulder for a second to get her out of the trance she seemed to be in and asked. "So, what should we do now?"

Fia blinked at Seiji's touch, and suddenly she was back to her composed self. She looked up at Seiji, not seeming to be the slightest bit sorry that she had dragged him into Plan. "I suppose I move in with you."

In retrospect such an open ended question was rather silly. "Yeah, of course we can't exactly go our separate ways now but I mean... I'm not sure where to go from here. So for now let's just go home." I hope I don't have to explain this to Hiromi anytime soon.

They had only just walked out of the restaurant when Seiji stopped dead in his tracks. "Wait... this isn't right. I'm glad we're okay and... well for what happened in there. But now that I'm dressed and you're alright I have to go back to that building and check on the other Sekirei. At the very least the knight girl ended up there following me after I was picked up." He grabbed Fia's hand and held it between both of his. "Fia, will you help me get there and make sure they're alright?"

A cold look entered Fia's eyes as Seiji mentioned the other Sekirei. She didn't see why he was so worried about them, and it especially bothered her that he had mentioned a specific one he held concern for. Just when she had found her Ashikabi, it looked as if there was a possibility she may already have to share. Fia did not like sharing. She gripped the hand that held hers tightly, as if to ensure that she had not lost him to some illusion. "Fine," she said after a few moments of hesitation.

Seiji squeezed Fia's hand reassuringly, noting the change in her expression. "Look I'm not looking for another Sekirei, I just can't stand the thought of people who were trying to help me getting hurt and doing nothing about it. I'm not going to try and gather some sort of harem." He gave her his most reassuring smile, he had meant every word. It was so weird, they had only met that day, and he didn't have all that much to tie him to her besides a single kiss and a bond he knew almost nothing about but... he couldn't bear the thought of hurting her. He only hoped she could feel his sincerity.

Fia looked up into Seiji's eyes searchingly, then gave a small nod. She led him outside and called her works forth in a burst of song. Though somewhat relunctant to remove the reassuring hold of his hands, she couldn't very well carry him if she didn't. So, she pulled her hands from his to wrap her arms around his torso again, before taking off.

He couldn't resist letting out a contented sigh. "I could get used to this. Don't get me wrong I know you're not some personal travel Sekirei, but you're so warm. Especially when your wings are out."

It only took them a few minutes to get back to the general area of the unfinished building, and almost right away they saw the skeletal lift carrying the other two Sekirei and the guy with glasses. "There they are! They're almost at the ground, why don't we go see how it went?" He figured since they'd gotten there they may as well check up on the others.

Fia's eyes set on the group descending the oversized elevator, and she glided down to be level with them as they reached the street below. She set Seiji down first before setting down next to him, her wings disappearing in a shower of embers. "So you survived as well," she mused in a tone that said she really didn't care.

"I'm glad to see you guys are alright." Seiji added, balancing out Fia's lack of optimism. "Those Sekirei in the uniforms were... scary, I'd have a few more bruises and a broken bone or two if it wasn't for that lady with the western sword."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45    
Old April 8th, 2014 (01:46 PM). Edited April 8th, 2014 by DreamOrDestruction.
DreamOrDestruction's Avatar
DreamOrDestruction
Master Of the Arcana
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Velvet Room
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Layfe was only just recovering as a kick struck his body that sent him skidding out of the street and back into the alley. He groaned as he slowly got up revealing black chains to be covering his chest, which had cushioned the impact from the not so friendly kick he received. Why the Sekirei couldn't just help him to his feet he'll never know but it was fine it didn't hurt all that much due to him reacting at the last second. This situation had went much better than he had actually expected it to and he managed to gather a bit of info on his potential enemies/allies. Those Disciplinary Squad were as about as tough as he imagined if not tougher. While the arrow had been incomplete he hadn't expected it to only get a small scratch but he would be prepared next time. With a small wave of his hand an almost unnoticeable orb began to follow the duo of Sekirei and human/possible Ashikabi as he rose to his feet. That orb had been the last Security Orb he had made and had gathered a lot of info for him due to it lacking a presence until it was revealed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Layfe stretched he could feel a dull throbbing in his head from the shot he had taken but chose to ignore it in favor of opening a gap and walked through it. As his form moved through the shadows he could feel himself healing as his balance of energy was restored and soon he arrived at a specific location. It appeared to be a small warehouse and it was just not for storage. "Alright time to review what's happened so far." He spoke as he pulled out a key for the warehouse and clicked a button. As the door opened up he couldn't help but be happy he managed to snag this place soon after the Plan started but that was a story for another time he told himself as he entered his place.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a simple little pad with some chairs, wooden table, a couch, a mini fridge, and a decent sized TV along with his computer. Overall the place was quite bare besides the manga neatly stacked in the corner but it suited his needs. Taking off his jacket revealed him to be wearing a nice white button up shirt as he sat down on his sofa and snapped his fingers. As the sound echoed a 2 small orbs of darkness formed and took two different shapes, one looked to be a map of the city with a white blip popping up and the other was a clear orb of some sort. "Ah the wonders of shadowy chains that are almost untraceable." Layfe smiled wryly as the view from his security orb popped up on the screen, only to frown slightly as he noticed the blimp on the map was gone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the chains he had planted earlier still in place he could use them as tracking devices for a short while before they would fade away. He only had about 10-20 minutes of usage on each chain if they went unused so he decided with that, that maybe he should go out and follow the group himself. The security orb had last seen them walking back to the area of the unfinished building and saw them with a couple of new faces. Donning some glasses from off his table Layfe opened up a new gap that put him right back to where he had been earlier this day, the rooftops. As the wind blew by he couldn't help but feel as if something was going to happen soon. Oh well it was of no importance for now he thought as he looked down upon the group that had just arrived. Things could change as they wish and he would change with them.
__________________
Hacks I Support:




"Life is just the same old thing done over and over again. Those who excel in life are just ordinary people who do ordinary things better than everyone else."



Reply With Quote
  #46    
Old April 8th, 2014 (06:58 PM).
Fort PokePower's Avatar
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mystona
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky

Akira Takako


A cheerful jingling sounded through the darkened street, dim street lights casting their soft yellow glow on the form of Akira as she quite nearly skipped down the street, the jingling coming from the bell hanging from the collar around her neck. There wasn't a person to be seen; all of the traffic was on the opposite side of the unfinished skyscraper she was now passing. Normally she wouldn't be going through here this late at night, but she had gotten a bit tripped off while out shopping when she saw a pet store. She'd spent hours there just staring at the fish they sold and contemplating how she would get to them, until finally the store owner had chased her out so he could close up shop. Besides that dream from the night before has been going around and around in her head, making her even more distracted than usual. And she never did end up making it to the supermarket... Hopefully she would have enough to make meals for the kids the next day...

Akira let out a yelp as her foot caught on something and she fell flat on her face. "Oww...," she groaned, slowly pushing herself up and turning her head to see what she had tripped on. Her eyes widened as they set upon the very naked form of a very, very handsome man. She simply stared at him for a moment, confusion written all over her face. What was a naked man doing on the ground? She let out a small gasp and forgot her befuddlement, at least for the moment, as she noticed a red pool forming beneath him; her gaze followed the trail of blood dribbling down his body to the deep wounds in his shoulders and stomach. "Oh...," she murmured. Had he been mugged or something? Were the muggers still around?! No, wait, they probably would have jumped her awhile ago if they were... Maybe...

She kneeled next to the man, nibbling on her lower lip. What should she do? Call an ambulance? But she'd forgotten her cellphone at home... 'I'll just have to carry him then!' Standing up, Akira leaned down and grabbed the man under his arms and heaved him upwards. For a moment, they were both upright; then the man's weight bore down on Akira and they both fell backwards. Akira growled in frustration, a small pout forming on her face. Maybe she should try waking him up... Crawling out from under him, as he had landed on top of her, she knelt by his head and stared intently at him for a moment, contemplating the best way to rouse him. Getting an idea, she rummaged in her small purse until she produced a small carton of milk. It was a shame to waste it this way, but she didn't have any water with her, so this would have to work... Opening the carton, she dumped the contents on the man's face.
__________________

Roleplays I am in:
Sekirei: Wings of Fate (OOC/IC) as Fia and Akira Takako
Pokemon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC/IC) as Kaveri "Jetstream" Vian
One Piece: The Golden Age (OOC/IC) as Anahita Z. Firenze

Roleplays I GM:
Fargona: The Land of Dragons (OOC/IC) - Participating as Thia Rondamar
Reply With Quote
  #47    
Old April 8th, 2014 (08:46 PM).
Yamagi Sosuke's Avatar
Yamagi Sosuke
Hope & Ambition
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Noah the Wolf
Noah's eyes flickered under his closed lids. The feeling of being moved, of being lifted was beginning to rouse him out of unconsciousness. His mind fought through the fog and remembered the last thought that had enveloped him. Kill them! Obliterate the disciplinary squad! Tear everything to pieces! he thought tenaciously. And then there was an explosive burst of pain against his body followed by a deep darkness.

Though, it wasn't until a shockingly wet liquid had splattered across his face had his emerald eyes shot open in a panic, their usual color were intensified by his renewed vigor. He sat up from the ground before swiftly checking the pain erupting from his abdomen. "Aghh..." Was his short gasp of pain. "This still hasn't healed? Crap, this hurts." He complained with a tab bit of annoyance on his tongue. He was oblivious too his surrounds until he caught the faint sounds of breathing. A normally quiet intake of air that sounded like harsh winds to him.

Noah turned his face towards the person slowly, his eyes were a bit wide while his brows were furrowed with confusion. A sizzling sound could be heard from his wounds as the itch of healing had begun to stitch the muscles and skin back together. From a first glance he caught sight of long black curls, unusually cat-like ears, and a pair of deeper-than-blue eyes.

Gazing upon that woman's face was a bit out of the ordinary for him. He could tell from the look in her eyes that she was different... He could see curiosity in them and for a moment, he was trapped in their whirlpools. "What are you looking at?" He asked the mysterious girl crudely before attempting to stand on his feet. He got up to one foot before bending a knee from the pain.
__________________

Hero~
I'll become a author and I'll make my life worth something great //
Former RP: BEYOND THE GODS //
Bettering My Writing Skills & Looking For Help //
Reply With Quote
  #48    
Old April 10th, 2014 (06:31 PM).
Geras32's Avatar
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Everything's bigger here, apparently.
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious

Meet and greet: Midnight Stroll


"Yeah, we did." Ryce smiled slightly in response to Fia, although on the inside he realized something quickly but kept it to himself. "Thanks to Athena, wolf guy, and Kotone. I only did a bit in comparison. Although I never did catch your names..." He raised his eyebrows at the mention of a lady with a western sword. Why would there even be... well, she's probably a Sekirei. "Lady with a western sword? That's the first time I've heard of someone like that."

Athena raised an eyebrow at the human's words of modesty. "I believe that Kotone's emergence may have taken more out of you than you thought," she said to him. "It seems you have already forgotten how essential your actions were in our survival. Without your expertise, it is likely that none of us would be here right now." She then glanced at the two in front of them and said to the man in specific, "As for you, I am glad to see you alive and well. I must thank you for your instruction eariler, it has proven quite useful." Seeing the two next to each other confirmed some suspicions she had about the sudden appearance of the Disciplinary Squad, but she said nothing of it.

Seiji rubbed the back of his head. "I'm sure you did fine, I wasn't particularly useful either." He smiled when Athena mentioned his little idea about her barriers from earlier. "Well I'm glad it proved useful... You must be Athena, right? That's the most knightly of the names he listed. Now I must thank you for trying to save me, and for your heroics back at Sakura's."

Fia surveyed the conversation with a cool gaze, not yet adding in her own voice after her initial greeting. Her eyes eventually set on Athena, their blue depths calm but still holding an evident warning. The knight appeared to be the only unwinged Sekirei present, and while she was certain Seiji would hold true to his word, there wouldn't be much he could do if a Sekirei reacted to him.

"You must be an Ashikabi huh?" Seiji continued after turning to Bryce. "I didn't catch your name, I'm Seiji." He paused for a second, but felt obligated to add in one more thing, considering his new station. He gestured to the lovely maiden next to him and resisted the urge to hold her hand, he couldn't believe he felt so attached already. "And this is Fia. I'm her Ashikabi." Truth be told he felt embarrassed to say it out loud, and he couldn't think of a better way to word it.

"My name? It's Bryce. Bryce Danner. Uh, I'm more comfortable with Ryce personally since it's generally what I go by." He grinned sheepishly, still holding Kotone in his arms. "Isn't she number 9 or something? She was strong, for sure. Um, this is Kotone." He stopped. Calling her his Sekirei would be weird, sort of like calling her his property. "Um... she... I... well, you know." He blushed, flustered- he honestly knew nothing about love, and in his panic tripped over his words. "She winged me. I mean, I'm her Sekirei. I mean... wait." He took a moment to think about it. "...Okay okay okay, so I'm the Ashikabi, and she's the Sekirei. Yeah. That."

It was a funny sight, not because Bryce was so bashful at the moment but because Seiji understood how he felt. It was a very confusing, if enjoyable experience becoming an Ashikabi. After some light chuckling he reassured Bryce. "Hey don't worry about it, I'm not so confident and in control of the situation either. Fia... caught me pretty well off guard, and at a restaurant no less." Thinking of it made Seiji blush just a little bit himself. "Wasn't prepared at all."

Fia smirked slightly as Seiji spoke of her emergence, finding his embarrassment of the moment amusing. She had looked away from Athena after being certain her message was clear, and her eyes were now back to being their usual calm pools. "It's good to know one of the weaklings got themselves on Ashikabi," she scoffed. "Perhaps she'll actually be able to pose a challenge in the future." To think the entire reason she had defended the two humans in the first place was to ensure that the competition wasn't wiped out before she got to have any fun, and now one of them was her own Ashikabi.

Ryce looked down for a moment at Kotone, and he stayed smiling, but inside he was already thinking of how much he had already disliked the woman in front of him, and yet she had only directly spoken two sentences. You're taking first impressions to heart, Bryce. Just... chill. "Quite the Sekirei you've got there, Seiji, although..." He chuckled. "She seems like quite the handful. Either way, yeah, I have to agree with you on the fact of being prepared, I was caught so off guard it was embarassing. Heh..."

He remembered what Minaka said, and felt slightly scared immediately. The woman was cocky, yeah, but she was strong without an Ashikabi. Now she had one... and there was possibly the fact that he would have to fight her and Seiji. Not only that... but... he couldn't help but be worried for Kotone. Although he was aware of her strength, as he held her in his arms her small figure seemed precious. Something he had to care for, regardless of whether or not it'd possibly end up the other way around. He bit his inner lip, but stayed quiet.

Athena had guessed that this Sekirei, Fia, had bonded with the man from earlier, Seiji. Once introductions had passed, she glanced in Fia's direction only to see the woman almost glaring at her. She knew that look, although she had never seen it first hand. Back when the television was her only window to the outside, whenever her preferred programs weren't on she would occasionally watch soap operas. She felt the need to tell Fia that she found the idea of one man being together with multiple women to be a deplorable one, but she wasn't sure how to bring up the topic, nor did she want to interrupt Seiji and Ryce. Besides that, she wasn't exactly fond of Fia's attitude towards the other Sekirei, so she wondered whether or not she owed that reassurance to her. So instead, she just continued smiling and listening to the conversation around her.

Seiji wasn't really comfortable with how standoffish and dismissive Fia seemed to feel towards the other Sekirei, but he wouldn't be chastising her as long as she wasn't picking fights. "Don't worry, I'm in no rush to start any battles unless we're attacked first. I'm not a big fan of hurting people and I definitely don't want to put Fia in danger." He could see the care that shown in Ryce's eyes when he looked at Kotone. It doesn't make sense, but then again I guess it doesn't have to. In any other situation I couldn't see myself being able to stand being around somebody who acts like Fia does but... regardless I feel... This whole bond thing is powerful, it's like after that kiss my subconscious decided for me.

"Heh, that's reassuring." He sighed. "I don't think I really want to have to get into fights, though it feels like it's inevitable. Regardless..." He shrugged. "What now? We can't just stand here forever, and Kotone... um..." He grinned, and would've scratched the back of his head if it weren't for carrying her. "She has a lot of muscle, and my arms are kinda twigs, and if I didn't have a good stamina I'm pretty sure I'd be dying now. In other words she's pretty heavy for me to carry forever." Although I will if I have to.

"Well then let's go. I'd like to learn a bit more about the only other Ashikabi I know of, we can walk with you for a while. That is, if you're okay with it Fia." Seiji added with a hopeful smile at Fia.

Fia shrugged indifferently. "I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere."

"Alright then." Ryce took the initiative to start walking. "I guess I should learn more about you, too. Urm..." Where do I even start? "...So, what do you do for a living?"

"Oh nothing too glamorous, I work in one of the offices fairly close to Teito Tower. I mostly do accounting, and I advise some of the other workers, they call me in to do a lot of little things but mostly accounting. I might be getting a promotion soon, I hope it's to something more complex, all this number crunching is getting easy and boring. What do you do, Bryce?"

"Me? I fix electronics and stuff." Bryce grinned. "Television sets, phones, cameras, you name it. I just fix it, that's all. I make some electronic stuff too, and it's all run by myself so I don't have to bother with a boss and stuff." He grins. "If anything breaks, just give it to me!" He mused for a second. "Um... do you live with anyone?"

"Well that's good to know! I've never been good at fixing electronics, something basic maybe." He laughed but when Ryce asked about his living arrangements he grew quiet for a second, he was a bit apprehensive to answer. He had never moved in with Hiromi and they were together a long time. "Well, I guess now I do..." He answered with a nervous chuckle.

"You- oh." Ryce chuckled. "I... my living situation is being stuck with a roomate who works as a mariachi. I felt bad for him, so I let him live with me, and in exchange he pays some of the rent and brings home food sometimes. Although... he's moving out soon. Hopefully." I feel like I'm giving an interview... "Where do you live, anyways? I mean we're walking to my house anyways, I think I have a right to know where you live." He laughed.

And so the discussion continued on, Seiji and Ryce got to know each other about as well as any two people can on a walk home. They exchanged addresses and cell numbers, it wouldn't be innaccurate to say they basically became friends in that short time. And of course inevitably, they made it to Bryce's apartment.

Athena had been following along without even realizing it, enjoying listening to the idle conversation between the two men. It made her happy to see two people she had made such an effort to try and protect walking and talking so peacefully, making the effort definitely worth it. Once everyone had stopped walking upon arrival at Ryce's home, she remembered that she never planned to actually come here. "I should be going now," she said, trying not to be rude about refusing Ryce's offer to stay after coming all this way. "Thank you for the offer to stay with you, but I feel it would be better to part ways for now. Goodbye, everyone."

With that, she began walking away before anyone could answer back. "You two should keep each other safe," she said to both Ryce and Seiji as she walked away. "There should be many Ashikabi by now who are fervently chasing Minaka's promised wish. If you stay cautious and nurture your bonds, you should be fine." She lamented not being able to tell them something along the lines of "Don't worry, I'll protect you," but recent events proved that without her own Ashikabi she was simply not ready. She would simply have to continue searching as before, her will renewed by Kotone and Ryce.

"Alright, see you later!" He grinned. "I have no problem with keeping Seiji safe I guess, I mean I'll have your back if you need my help. Speaking of..." Ryce walked in quickly, laying Kotone on his bed. I'll take the chair tonight. He thought this to himself as he grabbed something from his desk and walked back out with it. "Seiji, here." He gave Seiji a small digital watch- in yellow- the time shown brightly on the screen. Then he gave him another one, this one for Fia, which was what he'd call a "royal" blue. He scratched the back of his head.

"This is probably useless, but I figured if you're going to be in this Sekirei plan or whatever it might come in handy. I was originally going to use it to make sure Aaron doesn't get lost, but he's not dumb so I guess you can have it. Practically-" he brought out his own watch to demonstrate. "There's a button under here that when pressed should change the appearance- not the shape or size- of the screen so that it looks more like a GPS than a watch.

"It runs for about three hours like this, which is why you have the option to switch it on and off. The button itself requires something really small, like this-" He pulled out a toothpick and pressed it, enabling the watch to look like... a GPS. "-The watches allow you to locate each other in case you ever get separated. There's a few problems with it, but it should hopefully come in handy. The problems being, of course, the fact that the map it runs on can't be updated because it doesn't run on the internet, and the fact that it will occasionally take a while to locate someone. Maybe about two minutes at the most."

Seiji fiddled with his watch a bit before smiling. "This is pretty cool, thanks! Minaka didn't say anything about Sekirei and Ashikabi being able to feel each other's presence so this may come in handy. It was nice talking to you Ryce, don't hesitate to call me if you wanna talk or you run into trouble. Fia, would you like to go home now?"

Fia gave the watch in her hand a disdainful look. She didn't like the thought of anyone being able to track her, no matter who they were. But, she supposed such a thing could come in handy, so she could live with it. "Yes, home sounds good."

"Not a problem." He noted the look on Fia's face. Maybe she doesn't like the color? He thought snidely to himself afterwards. Well, serves her right for being so condescending and rude at someone who can barely move. He smiled. "Well, you should probably call it a night, so maybe it's a good idea for you two go home and get some rest. You never know what's coming at you tomorrow, after all."

He was one to talk. He was planning to play some videogames to keep the whole ordeal off his mind.

"Yeah, here's hoping we don't have to fight anyone too soon. Good luck and have a nice night!" Seiji waved at Ryce as he and Fia started walking back towards his apartment. He didn't ask her to fly them again, he figured if she wanted to she'd bring it up.
__________________
*Insert witty and/or thought provoking quote here*
Reply With Quote
  #49    
Old April 11th, 2014 (12:32 PM).
DreamOrDestruction's Avatar
DreamOrDestruction
Master Of the Arcana
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Velvet Room
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed

Meet and greet: Alliances and Schemes


It had been all too easy following the group especially since it was night, which had given him an easier time with keeping out of the Sekirei's range of sensory, which was much harder. Manipulating the shadows around his form he had stayed out of sight and had sucessfully followed the group back to the Ashikabi Ryce's home. "Hmm, I guess now would be a good time to reveal myself." Layfe spoke to himself as he watched the duo of Seiji and Fia walk away. With a single leap Layfe glided downwards towards Ryce and landed in front of him in a crouch with controlled precision. Dusting himself off Layfe rose to his feet as the glasses he had thrown on earlier gained a glint to them. With a wry smile he spoke. "Hello, my name is Layfe and I have come to talk...Ryce."

"How... how do you... where did you... are you a..." Ryce put two and two together fairly quickly. "A Sekirei? Damn I only learned about them today and here's another one at my front door. Don't tell me you're here to kill me..." When those words left Ryce's mouth, he suddenly realized what he had said and contemplated the possibility. At a younger age he would've broken into a cold sweat, but now he just kept on his regular demeanor. Not likely. If he knows my name, he must be aware of quite a few things about me as well, and he could probably kill me when I wasn't looking... He shrugged somewhat. "So? You know my name, I don't need to introduce myself."

Layfe hadn't expected Ryce to be so calm but it was welcomed, as it would help the situation run much more smoothly. "I can see you've calmed yourself mildly, that's very good of you." Layfe spoke with a voice that gave off a tone of amusement if someone that had known him were to hear him speak now they would note he did not sound like his normal self, however that was a matter for another time. "Hmm so Ryce let me get straight to the point of this chat. As you can tell had I wanted to I could've simply killed you from afar so you must be wondering why I hadn't." Looking up to the night sky he began to speak once more. "I wish to form a sort of alliance with you." As he spoke a small ball of darkness coalesced into what appeared to be a small pendant. "It is up to you whether you wish to accept and you may ask me any questions upon what the alliance would entail." Layfe finished as the pendant was formed and stuffed it into his pocket while he waited for a response.

"Well, I guess I'd be okay with that, but there's something bothering me. I guess the first- and only- order of business is what you want to gain from my side of the alliance. I guess it'd be to have an ally who has a winged Sekirei, but then again there's more to this than you've said so far, isn't there?" Ryce shrugged. "I barely know you anyways, this is the first time I've seen you. As long as you're not spying at me 24/7 it's okay I guess."

With a small chuckle Layfe spoke once more. "Hmm I guess I can tell you a tiny bit about what I gain. As you have stated I would gain an ally who has a winged Sekirei but I also gain something else and that would be.." Layfe trailed off thinking about what he should reveal to Ryce about his plans. Quickly deciding upon what he should reveal before Ryce could say anything he spoke. "Hmm for one I would gain a means to help other Sekirei." As he took a few steps forward the surrounding area suddenly began to become omnious. "You see in this plan there shall be many deaths and while I know I can not stop this I wish to give others of my kind a fair chance is all and through you I gain someone I can get to help me with this." As Layfe spoke his energy had floated off of him in wisps and the evil nature leaked out making the area seemingly colder. "All I wish for my brothers and sisters is a chance but some will not agree and that is where you come in to help me."

"...So you want me to strive to help you in a bid for all of your siblings to have a chance to survive?" He thought for a moment. This was, without a doubt, probably against the will of the plan. He thought of Kana and Maki, as well as Minaka, and smirked. Screw that plan. "I can't tell you I'm going to help you entirely. I can't tell you I can be one-hundred-percent there. I'm an Ashikabi first now, I guess, and something else second. Kotone's life, and my own, are on the line in a way, so I can't say I'm going to be with you all the way." Ryce thought for a moment. "How exactly do you plan to achieve that?"

Pulling the pendant out of his pocket it glowed with a strange light as he held it in his hand. "Hmm the best way to explain how I wish to help is to give you a demonstration of what I could do." Seeing an owl over atop of a tree he gave the pendant in his hand a simple toss. As it caught the owl on it's wing something odd happened, instead of it making solid contact it gleamed and dispersed into black dust. The owl made no movements for a moment before it simply disappeared. A moment after and a well hidden wince from the pain Layfe felt, the owl blinked back into existence as if it had never disappeared. Moving his body shot pain through his core but with practiced ease he hid it as he turned to face Ryce. "Can you guess what I just did?" He spoke simply as he wished to see what Ryce thought of what happened.

"..." He thought about it for a moment. "You... you obviously didn't obliterate it. If you made it disappear and brought it back..." He thought for a moment. Was it possible that he had cloaked the owl's movement? Actually, it seemed the owl's body itself hadn't moved much, but the actual owl as a whole did disappear. So... "Did you move it somewhere else? To where I have no idea, but maybe somewhere I couldn't see? Like... behind the tree, for example."

"Hmm that is very close actually to what I did." Layfe was pleasantly surprised by how smart the young man was and it seemed that he could understand without him having to explain things much. "What I did was technically movement of sorts but only to somewhere that I could access. I moved it into the Space Inbetween or in laymans terms literally inside of the shadows." Looking towards the shadow of Ryce he pulled a coin out of his pocket and tossed it at his own shadow. Instead of it hitting the concrete it sunk in and popped right out of Ryce's shadow on the ground.

Ryce was startled when it popped out of his shadow and jumped, before laughing nervously and sighing. "Oh... um. Yeah." The fact it popped out of his shadow was almost scary. "So... this space... you plan to..." He thought for a bit. "...Put Sekirei in it? But... that's sorta wrong, don't you think?" Ryce thought for a moment. If he thought about it correctly, Minaka had mentioned the greatest love story ever or something. Sekirei also seemed to react to acts of love, like... kissing. Locking them in a dimension, or this "space inbetween," meant... "Hey, you're going to keep them there from harming each other or something? That's... that's..."

Ryce didn't know what to do. Arguing with the Sekirei meant danger, obviously he was in no shape to go against one [and arguably never would be] and neither was Kotone. But... doing what he was thinking Layfe would do... there was something wrong about that. "...Is that what you're doing, Layfe?"

A cynical chuckle escaped his lips as he listened to what Ryce said. "If only I could do that... however I can't." Layfe chuckled some more as he began to speak. "It's one thing for myself to go through the space inbetween as I can move freely however if I was to place a Sekirei or a Human inside the space it is much harder to keep them there." Layfe thought this was quite funny as he let another chuckle escape his lips. Trapping Sekirei would be pointless in the long run as it would be the same thing as not allowing them a future. "While I could do so I could only keep them for but so long. The shadows do not accept others into it for long and even then Sekirei are able to break out if they keep struggling against it." Sighing he continued to speak. "However I can use this ability to make it easier for wingless Sekirei to escape or to even prevent confrontations momentarily."

Ah, so he was speaking of wingless Sekirei... "Hm, I guess that makes sense. Where do I come in, though? That's the big thing here." Can't tell if he's evil or good, sheesh.

Hmm... Layfe thought to himself upon how much he should let Ryce know about his part and then begins to speak. "Yes, I guess I should tell you where you come in shouldn't I?" Layfe spoke amusedly as he reached into his pocket and pulled out onyx star shaped bracelet. "What I need for you to do is carry this bracelet around with you and simply provide support if I need help and you can get to my location." He held the bracelet out in his hand and offered it towards Ryce. "In return you may call upon me to help you out if any of your future battles become too much or if you need info on someone or something."

"...Alright, I will." He grabbed the bracelet, although he still was convinced there was something going on, and remained skeptical. Am I being played for a fool? Gotta think about this one... "...Can I sleep on it?" He held out his hand to return the bracelet. "There's something I have to think about first."

"Yes you may think upon this deal, as you should do upon all things." Layfe spoke calmly as he thought about what he was doing. Ryce seemed like a smart individual so he would have to make sure to not make things seems too questionable. Either way his plan had been set in motion so it seemed time to make his departure. "I shall see you tomorrow, please have your answer by then." With a polite nod Layfe walked forward a bit and vanished into a gap as he began his trek back to his base. He would see about the other duo and if they could help him but for now it was time to settle down.

"Ah, right. Good night." Ryce closed the door and let out a loud sigh of relief, almost sliding down on the door as he did so semi-humorously. He looked around, and for a moment realized he had his house to himself. Or at least, almost did- Kotone was sleeping on his bed, so he probably had to keep quiet. He sighed. He wanted to go and get his game on, but he was aware that he probably should get some sleep, some rest for this "Sekirei Plan" or whatever it was. Sitting down on his swiveling chair, he grabbed his phone off the nightstand after rolling [the chair] into his room. Eh?

He had a new text message and checked it quietly, raising his eyebrows a couple of times before finally locking his phone, putting it on his nightstand, and falling asleep immediately after.
__________________
Hacks I Support:




"Life is just the same old thing done over and over again. Those who excel in life are just ordinary people who do ordinary things better than everyone else."



Reply With Quote
  #50    
Old April 16th, 2014 (03:13 PM).
Lord Sephear's Avatar
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nevada...ugh
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed

Sleeping arrangements


"Finally!" Fia breathed out, stretching her arms up over her head as if releasing a great amount of tension. "Human conversation is so dry." Turning her head slightly to look up at Seiji, she added to him, "You can't really think this alliance thing is going to work, do you?"

Seiji shrugged. "It's nothing so complicated as that, it's just nice to have someone in the same situation to talk to. This whole experience is rather jarring and alienating for humans like us. That being said it couldn't hurt to have someone to count on if things ever get bad. I mean from what Minaka said some Ashikabi might have multiple Sekirei, but we've only got one each." A thought occurred to him and he got a goofy smile since it should be something Fia would like to hear. "This way there should be less pressure to expand, we can be happy just the two of us."

Fia's lips quirked in a smile. "That is definitely a positive. However, your new friend wouldn't be able to help much in a fight without breaking the rules of the Plan. I don't think either of us wants another encounter with the Disciplinary Squad."

"Certainly not, but who knows when someone else might break the rules against us? One day some crazy Ashikabi might decide he can gang up on us and be done before MBI noticed. I mean he'd be wrong of course, but still, it pays to have backup plans." Seiji was realizing rather quickly that his and Ryce's apartments weren't all that far apart, which brought to mind something else. "When we get home feel free to make yourself comfortable and set up the bed however you're most comfortable, I can spruce up the couch pretty nicely so I'll be fine."

"And why should we sleep separately, hmm?" Fia questioned, flashing a teasing smile in his direction. "How modest and gentlemanly."

Seiji's breath caught in his throat for a second at the implication. "Well don't get me wrong, I'm not some pure man or anything, it's just...well we only just met today so...yeah the couch is fine for now." He wasn't some easily embarrassed kid, but he had to admit Fia was good at pushing just the right buttons to unnerve him.

Amusement lit up her gaze as she got one of the reactions she had been expecting. Humans were so easy to tease, there was little room for boredom. "Whatever your humanity is comfortable with, dearie."

A mischievous smile crept onto Seiji's face as they finally made it to the building. "Laugh it up gorgeous, eventually I'll get used to you." When he moved to open the apartment's door he did an overly dramatic bow. "After you milady."

"Let's hope that's not too soon. I wanna have more fun." she said with a small, plainly fake pout as she walked past him through the open door.

Closing the door behind him Seiji only took a few steps into the apartment before the fatigue of such an...exciting day seemed to catch up with him all at once and he barely managed to stumble over to the couch before collapsing on it. "Ah, it feels good to be home after so much happening in one day. Maybe the whole manners couch thing was unnecessary, I'm not sure I could have made it to my bed anyways."

"I do believe I said something about a lullaby earlier..." She twirled around to face him as she was about to enter what she assumed was his bedroom; it was where he had gone to change earlier, after all. "I may still be tempted, if you are interested."

"I'm glad to learn that wasn't just a joke." A sleepy smile accompanied the approval. "That sounds heavenly right about now. I must admit, I was hoping I'd get to hear that beautiful singing again." Even just the thought relaxed him and made him sink a bit deeper into the couch.

There was a brief pause before Fia's voice filled the room. There were no words to the soft music she sang, but the faint rises and falls of tone seemed to paint their own story in the minds of those who heard it.

The gently drifting sounds could be appreciated so much better than the song during the battle, and it was easily the best singing Seiji had ever heard. "I don't care how much trouble this 'Sekirei Plan' has already caused me, I'm-" A big yawn. "Glad we met, Fia, and glad to be your Ashikabi." After having to deal with so much already the music carried him away in no time at all, he fell into the deepest sleep he'd known for a long time.

As it became apparent that Seiji had fallen asleep, the song gradually died away, leaving the apartment in silence. She stayed there for a moment longer, simply watching her Ashikabi's sleeping form with a small smile on her lips, before finally removing herself to the bedroom to get some rest herself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:28 PM.