The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 16th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Preferred username: Venitardus
Partner Pokémon: Froslass
Answer the current topic: What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why? I'd like to see an Ice/electric type. I would like to see how it would be designed.

Who is your favorite Ice-type Pokémon? It has to be Articuno. It was my first ice type that I actually cherished from the get-go
What is your favorite Ice-type move? Icebeam. I always loved that move
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 16th, 2014, 04:43 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venitardus View Post
Preferred username: Venitardus
Partner Pokémon: Froslass
Answer the current topic: What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why? I'd like to see an Ice/electric type. I would like to see how it would be designed.

Who is your favorite Ice-type Pokémon? It has to be Articuno. It was my first ice type that I actually cherished from the get-go
What is your favorite Ice-type move? Icebeam. I always loved that move
Welcome to the club. I really like Articuno, I think it's the best Ice-type ever. Ice Beam is a great move, every Ice-type should learn it. I use it as a last resort if I need to knock out the rest of my opponent's HP.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old January 17th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why?

Ice/Bug! Bugs are vulnerable to freezing, but hey, I've seen such amazing feats in the Pokemon world already... As for design, oh I dunno, something like Bergmite would have been cute to see.

Old January 17th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why?

Ice/Bug! Bugs are vulnerable to freezing, but hey, I've seen such amazing feats in the Pokemon world already... As for design, oh I dunno, something like Bergmite would have been cute to see.
I remember seeing a Fakemon a few years ago with this typing, but it would probably be one of the worst defensive typings ever, behind Rock/Ice (which we got with Amaura line). Quadruple weaknesses to Rock and Fire (and yup loses half its HP when switching into a Stealth Rock), as well as also being weak to Flying and Steel. Basically, anything that gets this typing is guaranteed to suck competitively.

But still, at least there can be loads of potential design-wise should we get such a Pokemon in future generations. I also agree with those who said Ice/Fairy, again some good design potential there and I'd love to see how it becomes the ultimate Dragon killer by having a double advantage against them and immunity to Dragon attacks.
Old January 18th, 2014, 03:03 AM
Aslan
the pretender

Ice/Bug is okay with the right support. The 4x weakness to fire, rock and a vulnerability to entry hazards is inconvenient though. If I were to go for a new typing then I'd agree with ice/fairy! It could be something along the lines of Swirlix, where it's nice and fluffy. After all, fairies are pretty cute. :D

Ice has actually been paired up with loads of types if you think about it. An interesting one to see though would be ice/poison or ice/steel. Not sure if any of those have been done yet so feel free to tell me if they have. XD
Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:07 AM
Snow Bunny
Bianca

Nature: Sassy
Hey, I am so excited to join this forum! Well, here goes...
Username: Snow Bunny
Partner Pokémon: Sneasel
Team:
Dewgong: Ice Beam, Aurora Beam, Surf, Hydro Pump
Cloyster: Ice Beam, Icicle Spear, Clamp, Withdrawal
Jynx: Psychic, Ice Punch, Shadow Ball, Lovely Kiss
Sneasel: Ice Punch, Shadow Claw, Avalanche, Poison Jab
Piloswine: Blizzard, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Slam
Delibird: Blizzard, Ice Beam, Fly, Ariel Ace

Topic: I am EXTREMELY upset with the lack of ice pokemon gen 6 has brought. I have many ideas for ice types.. One is an ice/flying type, that is an owl. Another one would be a pure ice type, that resembles an artic wolf, that would be amazing. a few more could be an orca, dolphin, as well as an ice/fairy type that pretty much is a blue colored fair with a wand with a snowflake on the end.
Favorite Ice type move: sheer cold
Why do I love ice types? I love the cold, as well as the snow. Its just so beautiful. Also, water is my other favorite type (after ice) & there are many ice/water types.
(:

Last edited by Snow Bunny; January 23rd, 2014 at 02:25 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 02:40 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Bunny View Post
Hey, I am so excited to join this forum! Well, here goes...
Username: Snow Bunny
Partner Pokémon: Sneasel
Team:
Dewgong: Ice Beam, Aurora Beam, Surf, Hydro Pump
Cloyster: Ice Beam, Icicle Spear, Clamp, Withdrawal
Jynx: Psychic, Ice Punch, Shadow Ball, Lovely Kiss
Sneasel: Ice Punch, Shadow Claw, Avalanche, Poison Jab
Piloswine: Blizzard, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Slam
Delibird: Blizzard, Ice Beam, Fly, Ariel Ace

Topic: I am EXTREMELY upset with the lack of ice pokemon gen 6 has brought. I have many ideas for ice types.. One is an ice/flying type, that is an owl. Another one would be a pure ice type, that resembles an artic wolf, that would be amazing. a few more could be an orca, dolphin, as well as an ice/fairy type that pretty much is a blue colored fair with a wand with a snowflake on the end.
Favorite Ice type move: sheer cold
Why do I love ice types? I love the cold, as well as the snow. Its just so beautiful. Also, water is my other favorite type (after ice) & there are many ice/water types.
(:
You were already a member of the club, but thanks for adding more input
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old January 23rd, 2014, 03:27 AM
Snow Bunny
Bianca

Nature: Sassy
What are some ice type pokemon you would like to see in future generations? Any ideas? id like to hear designs as well as type combos!

Also, how would you feel about a region that is based off the north pole? Or any arctic region. There would be many ice types there.

Last edited by Snow Bunny; January 23rd, 2014 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 06:13 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

New topic is up. Be sure to answer it.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:42 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Which Ice-type is the best to use offensively?
Definitely Weavile, in my opinion. It's got access to a ton of powerful attacks in its arsenal; just give it a Life Orb, and it'd be able to take down almost any of your opponents in a heartbeat. I have Weavile in Black 2 at the moment (which I'll transfer to Y once Bank is released) with the following moves: Pursuit, Ice Shard, Night Slash, and Low Kick; it's quite successful. Thanks to its help, I've been able to win a ton of battles online. :]
Old February 12th, 2014, 03:28 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Silly me, I should probably answer the topic as well. Offensively, I use the legendary Ice-types like Regice and Kyurem to make a big impact. I also use large Ice-types like Mamoswine, Walrein and Avalugg to help take down opponents. Glaceon, holding an Icy Rock, I use to set up Hail to damage the opponents a bit before using Blizzard and other moves to take my foes down.
Old February 12th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Personally haven't used to Regice before. Its Speed is extremely low, so it's hard to set-up sweeps with it. It does have good defenses, though, so I guess that sort of makes up for it? xD" As for Kyurem, I could definitely agree--out there, it's one of the most amazing offensive ice-types. Its base Attack and Special Attack is 130, which is a lot. Plus, it has a range of moves in its pool to take full advantage of them.
Old March 10th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Atwilko

Preferred username Atwilko
Partner Pokémon Lapras
What ice pokemon is best defensively: i think avalugg and froslass are among the best defensive ice-type users because froslass has some handy resistances and immumity's and can be very tricky to take down with destiny bond, and avalugg can take most physical attacks and has rapid spin and recover to keep its health up and provide utility
Old March 12th, 2014, 04:18 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwilko View Post
Preferred username Atwilko
Partner Pokémon Lapras
What ice pokemon is best defensively: i think avalugg and froslass are among the best defensive ice-type users because froslass has some handy resistances and immumity's and can be very tricky to take down with destiny bond, and avalugg can take most physical attacks and has rapid spin and recover to keep its health up and provide utility
Welcome to the club. Lapras, another underutilized Pokemon. I have managed to use her efficiently since I added her to one of my teams, with the addition of Thunderbolt with Hydro Pump and Ice Beam. I haven't used Froslass as much, but I have used Avalugg a bit. He is bulky and I give him at least 1 Water-type move to shake off his weakness to Fire. Makes me want to use a Ice monotype team in battle now.
Old March 20th, 2014, 10:59 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Isn't this picture beautiful? An Ice-type paradise.
Old March 20th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

That's such a beautiful artwork; wow. :o I really like how all those Pokémon are on top of Lapras; signifies some form of a good friendship. I wonder what location this is? Seafoam Island, maybe?
Old March 20th, 2014, 03:48 PM
AoTora

Nature: Calm
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Mamoswine

Answer the current topic: Which ice-type pokemon is the best to use defensively? Mamoswine -because of it's typing.

Who is your favorite Ice-type Pokémon? Mamoswine ~ I like it's design and typing a lot.
What is your favorite Ice-type move? Blizzard.
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? I love their designs and I love their moves and abilities.
What Ice-type has the best design? Mamoswine or Abomasnow.
Do you think the Vanillite line being based off of ice cream cones was a bad choice or not? It was actually not based off of ice cream cones- it was based on completly different thing.
If you were to have an Ice-type Pokémon in real life, who would it be and why? What would its moveset be? Glaceon! I'd make it use Dig, Bite, Shadow Ball and Blizzard.
What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why? Fire! Because it would neutralize fire type attacks from opponents.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 12:44 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoTora View Post
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Mamoswine

Answer the current topic: Which ice-type pokemon is the best to use defensively? Mamoswine -because of it's typing.

Who is your favorite Ice-type Pokémon? Mamoswine ~ I like it's design and typing a lot.
What is your favorite Ice-type move? Blizzard.
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? I love their designs and I love their moves and abilities.
What Ice-type has the best design? Mamoswine or Abomasnow.
Do you think the Vanillite line being based off of ice cream cones was a bad choice or not? It was actually not based off of ice cream cones- it was based on completly different thing.
If you were to have an Ice-type Pokémon in real life, who would it be and why? What would its moveset be? Glaceon! I'd make it use Dig, Bite, Shadow Ball and Blizzard.
What type would you love to see paired with Ice that hasn't been done before and why? Fire! Because it would neutralize fire type attacks from opponents.
Welcome to the club. Mamoswine is a great choice, very big and powerful, endures a lot of hits and dishes them right back. Love using him in battle as a fortress and as a tank.
Old April 13th, 2014, 04:10 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

New topic is up. Be sure to answer it, folks.
Old April 14th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

If you could retype any Ice-type, which one would it be and why?
I would say Lapras. It's dual ice/water, but to me, though, it doesn't really look like an ice-type. If it were me, I'd remove its ice typing and make it just pure water. This way, it would have much less weaknesses. :) Aside from that, I would also turn Jynx into either dark- or ghost-ice.
Old April 21st, 2014, 11:38 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peitharchia View Post
If you could retype any Ice-type, which one would it be and why?
I would say Lapras. It's dual ice/water, but to me, though, it doesn't really look like an ice-type. If it were me, I'd remove its ice typing and make it just pure water. This way, it would have much less weaknesses. Aside from that, I would also turn Jynx into either dark- or ghost-ice.
How would you figure that Jynx could be part Dark or Ghost? It's part Ice because it's based on a Nordic princess, which Nordics are from the colder northern European countries, so that makes sense. I can see it being part Dark, even though I don't know why because it has no Dark moves, but it doesn't strike me as being ghostly.
Old April 21st, 2014, 02:11 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Hm… yeah, you do have a point. xD;; If not ghost, then what about fairy? Princesses do relate to fairies one way or another, so I could see it working out, sort of.
Old April 29th, 2014, 10:13 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Hm… yeah, you do have a point. xD;; If not ghost, then what about fairy? Princesses do relate to fairies one way or another, so I could see it working out, sort of.
Ice/Fairy sounds nice. Would give them a 4x advantage to Dragon-types.
Old April 30th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Oh, you're right; wasn't aware of that at all. :o If they decide to give this Pokémon good defenses to withstand some attacks, then I could see it being an amazing dragon-type counter. Dragon Pokémon usually have extremely strong moves in their arsenal such as Draco Meteor and Outrage, and it'd be great if it could take them in.
Old May 8th, 2014, 07:27 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Oh, you're right; wasn't aware of that at all. :o If they decide to give this Pokémon good defenses to withstand some attacks, then I could see it being an amazing dragon-type counter. Dragon Pokémon usually have extremely strong moves in their arsenal such as Draco Meteor and Outrage, and it'd be great if it could take them in.
What do you think it would look like? Word from some is that a ice pixie would be something along the lines of an Ice/Fairy type. I'm all for it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links