Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Other] Dragons' Plight (OOC/SU) (M)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 11th, 2014 (05:23 PM).
Conductor of the POOP TRAIN!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
Quote originally posted by <Challenger>:
I believe you didn't answer my question, if you don't mind. Can my character have a slightly-more-than-reasonable amount of swords?
Because seven swords is totally only "slightly" more than reasonable. :P
Old March 11th, 2014 (05:27 PM).
Axel
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Just wondering, how are you going to prevent having "powerhouses" in your RP? Or are they okay?

Cause there don't seem to be a limit to how powerful the abilities/powers can be.
art by Churaka
Old March 11th, 2014 (06:02 PM). Edited March 11th, 2014 by Songbird.

I worry less about power; more about how they manage it. (Colony and I actually encourage being creative and super-powerful in some way for people signing up to Vale.) Someone could turn a normal human with minimal telekinesis into total crap, just like they can turn an insanely powerful dragon with the power to fire beams of searing death out of his butt into total crap.

Lincoln said it best: "If you want to test a man's character, give him power."

And that's my unnecessary quote of the day. :3
Old March 11th, 2014 (06:33 PM). Edited March 12th, 2014 by <Challenger>.
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
I've decided to go with two big weapons, since I couldn't find seven swords I actually liked :p I'll finish up my personality and history tomorrow. So far there's a lack of Dragon Slayers, so I'm going with the tank xD Is it okay if I use Buster Blade?

Dragonslayer:

Spoiler:

Name: Alistair "Dragon Fang" Hawthorne

Appearance
Spoiler:
:

History: (Be detailed, please. Be sure to explaine why they want to slay dragons c: )

Personality: Alistair is, in contrast to the rest of his fellow slayers, cold and cynical. Normally he can be seen standing at the back of the party with his arms crossed. He will talk often enough. He'll speak his mind more times than not. Although his ideas are generally well-thought out and clever, he can be a bit of an ass about it. Alistair's ego is quite large, but then again, who has the balls to tell you you're an a$$hole when you can swing a sword that weighs twice as much as them as you can swing a fifty pound sword? Generally he makes himself keep a friendly face on to get along with his companions, no matter how much he may dislike them in all reality. He can't have a schism in the group. It would cause too many problems in functionality. Still, he is quite cold and will brush off most attempts at personal friendships. Alistair had a hard time getting close to people, and always has since his family dispersed. His biggest fear is being hurt by somebody he loves again. His loyalty to the Dragon Slayers is all he needs. He'll defend the group to the bitter end, no matter how bitter, and will fight the strongest dragon tooth and nail, no matter the size of the teeth and nails. His bravery is one of his more prominent features.

Alistair is very intelligent. His training as a young boy has left him with a hunger for knowledge, and a lust for power. Stories of ancient civilizations, battles with fearsome dragons, and regales of glorious journeys fill his head, each one of them memorized to the very punctuation. Despite his cold demeanor, he yearns to be known as a hero. "Alistair the Dragon Slayer." Many would consider him an anti-hero, but he does what he does because there is truly good in his heart. He just has a hard time expressing it. Alistair has a great deal of honor. He won't strike down a defenseless target, no matter the importance. He always lets ladies have first strike in combat, priority in entering buildings, choosing the first bite of a meal, etc.. He's polite, no matter how rude it comes out as...If that makes any sense.

Powers/Abilities: Alistair has extraordinary skill with his weapons, using every single mechanic of each blade to its fullest extent. He has training in each sort of weapon, but only keeps two on him at all time.His physical strength seems to be much greater than that of an average man's, and his stamina in impressive as well. His magic, however, is virtually non-existent. The only bit of magic he can use is directed towards fortifying his body to take blows. Alistair has great endurance, and has survived a lot more than the normal human should be able to. When angered, he flies into a fit of rage. His strength then increases exponentially but he becomes uncontrollable, more of a liability than an asset unless you can direct his anger.

Weapon: Alistair is a true swordsman. His physical strength is what earned him a spot among the dragon slayers. He lacks in almost any magic ability. Both of his main weapons are heavy and, therefore, cannot be swung nearly as fast as most weapons. Still, he uses them as a normal warrior would use a regular battle axe or greatsword.
The Buster Blade: Alistair's main blade, sheathed to the right of his back with a slant. A fearsome sword, more for crushing power, but has great slicing capability. Capable of blocking dragon fire. With a few well placed strikes, it can incapacitate an average dragon.
Dragon Slayer: Alistair's secondary weapon, sheathed to the left of his back with a slant. A powerful axe, able to cut through a tree trunk. Much heavier than your average battle axe. Can almost incapacitate an average dragon with one swing.

Other: The unofficial "Weapons Master" of the Dragon Slayers.

Old March 11th, 2014 (07:54 PM).
Hope & Ambition

Nature: Hasty
I made small change to the powers he has as a human. Just to let you know.

Hero~
I'll become a author and I'll make my life worth something great //
Former RP: BEYOND THE GODS //
Bettering My Writing Skills & Looking For Help //
Old March 11th, 2014 (08:28 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
@Challenger - Yeah, i's fine c:

@Genesis - My rules when it comes to powers aren't really strict, though a character may be powerful, as long as they don't go around OHKOing everyone, then they're fine c:
Old March 11th, 2014 (08:50 PM).
ѕĸyвorne
Crystal Tier

Was going to post my SU tonight but my keyboard is acting really weird, so I'll have to do it tomorrow!
Old March 12th, 2014 (06:37 AM).
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Crystal Tier

Could I reserve a dragon slayer slot or are those all taken?
Old March 12th, 2014 (10:30 AM). Edited March 12th, 2014 by Lipey.

@Mortalis - It's fine c: Take your time~

@WooliestSteam1 - Of course you can reserve a Dragon Slayer :3

Aaaaand, woops. Everyone's who's submitted a complete form is accepted xD
Old March 12th, 2014 (11:01 AM). Edited March 12th, 2014 by WooliestSteam.
Crystal Tier

Awesome!

I almost have mines done actually. I'm considering cutting the history a bit, it's mighty long xD

[EDIT]: SU is complete.
Old March 12th, 2014 (12:17 PM). Edited March 13th, 2014 by WooliestSteam.
Crystal Tier

And there we go, my first SU in like a year. If there's anything that needs changing don't hesitate to contact me.

Also sorry about the crazy length of the history. I got a bit carried away but I also wanted to go in depth with the character and really explain his roots.

[EDIT]: Okay after some reading on here, I can see that the katanas are perhaps causing some trouble. It seems to be both due to the fact that the blade itself is from feudal Japan and with some research and reading on here I was able to see that the katana is a much weaker blade than other swords from different regions. I want to keep everyone happy and not break anyone's immersion within the RP so I've decided to swap the katanas for two falchion swords. The falchion sword is a one-handed, single-edged sword of European origin. I will include a picture at the bottom to show what they look like.

Aster Raleigh

Name: Aster Raleigh

Appearance:
Spoiler:

This is what Aster's armour looks like, minus the creepy mask and the sticks.

Face: Underneath the helmet that Aster wears into battle is a young, fresh faced 23 year old. Aster’s hair is a light shade of red and unkempt most of the time. His beard is slightly longer than the average stubble and eyes are a dark shade of green. He has a good smile and sports a small scar just beside his left eye.

History:
Spoiler:
You've been warned. Now prepare yourself. xD
Spoiler:
Aster grew up in a small village far from any civilization or commerce. To say they were simple people would be an understatement. Food was farmed off the land and the miners provided the much needed stone to erect the shelters necessary for survival. You could count on one hand how many travellers this small town has seen. They were also a peaceful town, everyone knew one another and they lived together in peace.

Aster was an only child brought up by his loving mother and father within this peaceful village. His mother stayed at home and tended to the household duties whilst his father was the local blacksmith. Once Aster turned 10, his mother made him accompany his father to the forge in order to help out. The forge one day would be passed onto Aster once his father became old and unable to work. Aster worked hard as a boy, helping his father as often and as well as he could. It was during these years that Aster started to become acquainted with the town’s folk.

Years flew by and Aster was now 18 years old and capable of handling the forge himself. His father still worked alongside him, proud of what his son had become. Father and son slaved in the forge under the immense heat of the furnace in order to craft blades for the townsfolk. A sharp ‘hissing’ sound could be heard as the sweat of their brows hit the hot coals. The jangle of swords and the clanging of metal was now a familiar and uplifting sound to Aster. Whilst Aster was now almost a fully-fledged blacksmith, he still had no idea how to fight with a sword. His father was of no use here, the townsfolk may have had swords but none of them had any real sword fighting experience so they were of no use either. Although little to no trouble happened in this small peaceful village so there was no real need to know how to fight with a sword.

Another year rolled by, Aster now 19 years old continued to toil his days away in the forge with his father, happy as well as content at what his father had taught him. One night after finishing up in the forge both father and son headed home to grab their fill of food and then head off for the night before getting up in the morning to continue their daily routine. That night Aster lay awake is his bed, the night was still and silent, not a single sound could be heard anywhere, not even the animals outside. Aster lay awake in his bed staring at the celling thinking to himself. “Will I make a good blacksmith?”, “Will my father be proud of me?”. His thoughts we interrupted by the flapping of birds. The birds flew away and once again everything was silent, but suddenly the silence was interrupted by the painful shout of a cow outside. The farmer ran outside to check on his cattle only to be greeted by a huge, black, fire breathing dragon. The thing was huge! The farmer shouted as loud as he could to alert the town but was soon engulfed in a searing ball of fire. The farmer managed to wake up most of the town with his shouting. The town’s folk ran into the streets but lasted no more than a few seconds because of the dragon’s fire. The fire had now spread to the houses nearby trapping anyone inside due to the immense heat. The screams and cries of the villagers could be heard as the dragon killed anyone in his path either by its claws or fire. Aster clambered out of his bed and ran into his parents room. Upon entering he saw his father dawning a suit of armour he had fashioned years ago and his mother cowering in fear at the corner of the room. He ran to his father and grabbed his shoulders, tears started to run down his face as he knew exactly what his father was attempting to do. “You can’t father! That …. thing will kill you. Please father, I beg of you, don’t do this!”. His father looked Aster in the eye whilst placing his hands on Asters shoulders. “Son, I've watched you grow from a small boy into a fine young man. My days are done but yours are only beginning, you’re the man of this house now. You take care of your mother now …. If you ever have a family of your own, you’ll understand why I must do this”. With this Aster’s father removed his hands from his shoulders, walked past him and headed out into the street. Aster fell to his knees, tears running down his face and onto the floor. His mother ran over, grabbed Aster and huddled back to the corner of the room. Aster broke free and ran out of his parents room and into his own where he could get a full view of the street. He watched as his father and some town’s folk attempted to fight the beast. The fought bravely but with a single breath, Aster’s father and some of the town’s folk were engulfed in a giant ball of fire. Aster watched onwards as his father burned in the street, but before he could do anything, his mother snatched him from his room and pulled him back into theirs. His mother looked deeply into her son’s eyes and said she loved him before pushing him out the bedroom window where Aster fell onto the hard ground around the back of his house. He regained his vision after the fall only to see his house crumble down to the ground with his mother still inside. He looked onwards in shock as his once beautiful home now lay in a giant pile of rubble in the street. The dragon roared at the top of its voice as it walked down the street destroying anything in its path. Luckily for Aster the dragon didn't notice him so Aster quickly ran to the stables to luckily find one surviving horse still there. He climbed on its back and rode as fast as he could into the night. Aster had never left town before, he had no idea what the road ahead contained, but all he knew was that he needed to get away from that awful beast. The tears streamed down his face as he rode into the night and watched his town which was now glowing red from the flames become smaller and smaller on the horizon.

3 days had passed since the dragon had attacked his town. Aster was now in unknown lands, places which he had never even heard about. It looked bleak, no water, no food and his horse was starting to give up. His eyes grew heavy, they were difficult to keep open, his mind was blank. He was too hungry, too thirsty and so sleep deprived to think about anything. Eventually his eyes closed shut, his head bowed down and he fell off the horse. The horse bolted in the other direction when this happened, leaving Aster in the middle of nowhere with no food and no water.

Aster’s eyes opened to be faced with a wooden roof. Turning quickly to his side he saw an old man sit smoking a pipe beside a roaring open fire. “Ah your awake. Thought you weren’t going to wake up”. Aster raised himself out of the bed and onto his feet. “How long have I been sleeping?” quizzed Aster. “About two days” replied the old man. “Now mind telling me why you were travelling out here with no food, no water and not even a horse. Added the old man. “I was running … away from my town. It was … attacked by some kind of winged beast or something. It had to have been at least the size of two houses”. “Winged beast you say? Did this beast by any chance blow fire? If it did then it’s called a dragon. A fearsome creature only interested in the destruction and death of others” scored the old man. “How does one defeat a dragon?” Aster quickly replied clenching his fists. “Defeat a dragon?! My boy defeating a dragon is no easy task. If one were to take on a dragon, they would need extensive knowledge of dragons, excellent combat abilities and nerves made of steel … do you possess any of these abilities?” “No” replied Aster as he slumped back down onto the bed. “Then asking about how to defeat a dragon is pointless” once again scorned the old man. “But .... I can teach you how to defeat them” added the old man. Aster’s head lifted up as he fixated his sight on the old man. “I don’t know what that dragon did to you but I can see it bothers you and you want to take revenge on the foul beast. I will teach you how to slay these beasts but it will not be an easy task. You will train rigorously for the next 3 years under my command. I will turn you into a fearsome warrior but you must be willing to endure the pressure of my training. Do you accept?” bellowed the old man. Aster stood up from the bed and extended his hand for a handshake. “I accept” Aster replied with a fiery look in his eye. “Excellent! We begin at once” replied the old man as he shook Aster’s hand.

Three years passed and Aster was now 22 years old. For three years he trained rigorously under his master’s command. He was taught how to fight with a sword, how to fight using two swords, how to block, how to use a bow, how to hunt, how to kill and most importantly he was taught how to find and kill dragons. Along with learning how to fight, his body shape changed dramatically. He developed a more muscular and bulker frame along with his increased stamina. His master also unlocked a hidden ability inside him, an ability called Cryokinesis, the ability to freeze stuff and manipulate ice and snow. Just before his training was due to be complete, his master took him to the mountains to slay his first dragon. A much weaker dragon than that of which Aster witnessed in his town. The dragon may have been weaker but it was by no means a push over. It still knew how to blow fire, use its sharp claws and deal heavy blows. The fire scorched across the ground as both warriors dodged it’s attacks and dealt attacks of their own to weaken the beast. It took intense teamwork, rock hard nerves and the mighty steel of both warriors to defeat the dragon. Both celebrated that night both at the fact they had slain a dragon and also that Aster had completed his training.

The next morning Aster got ready for the long road ahead. Ultimately unsure of what his goals were, he was certain he would find out on the way. Just before Aster was about to leave his master told him of a group of warriors known as the Dragonslayers. People who devoting themselves to getting rid of the dragon menace. He told Aster that if he wanted to continue his training and his road to revenge then he should seek out these people. His master gave him one final gift, a suit of armour and two swords, more specifically his master’s suit of armour and swords. He put on his new suit of armour, sheathed his two swords, gave his master his utmost gratitude and thanks and finally headed off to seek out these dragonslayers.

After a year of travelling, Aster finally found the dragonslayers. He is experienced to fight alongside them thanks to his master’s training but as he’s relatively new there, he doesn't know many people and hasn't openly shared his story with them yet. Aster hopes that his experience with battle and also his blacksmithing skill will prove valuable to the group. While he helps this group rid the world of the dragons and will follow his companions to the ends of the earth, Aster still has his sights set on the dragon that attacked his home town when he was a boy killing both his mother and father.

Personality: Aster is mostly a cheerful and happy person when his mind isn't on dragons, his home or his parents. He loves meeting new people and gaining new friends and will always be up for a good laugh with them. Whilst he may be a cheerful and jolly person, Aster is incredibly nervous and not very forthcoming with information about himself towards people he doesn't know/trust. Spending most of his childhood years working and his older teen years training, Aster has never been around very many people of his age and sometimes finds it awkward and nerve wreaking to talk to new people, especially girls his age. That said, if Aster has a job or task to complete he becomes a different person entirely, his mind is focused on the task at hand. He becomes serious and focused until the mission/task is over. Once over he returns to his usual happy cheery self. He also somewhat doubts his ability and usefulness to the slayers at times, believing that he is not needed and that because he is the new one that he is unqualified and useless. Deep inside him the flame of revenge burns strong, he loathes the dragon that killed his parents and will do everything in his power to find it, kill it and avenge his parents.

Powers/Abilities: Aster is capable of using Cryokinesis, an ability which allows him to freeze objects and manipulate ice and snow. For example, he can create objects of ice in his hands and proceed to use them as a weapon, he can also freeze water if the water is cold enough. Whilst Aster can spawn weapons using ice, freezing water can only be performed if the water is cold enough. Aster also possesses the trait of being an excellent blacksmith thanks to his father. He can repair broken swords and/or forge new ones.

Weapon(s)
:
Spoiler:

The falchion sword.

Aster carries two falchion swords on his back, one sheathed on each side of his shoulder as well as an old tomahawk by his side.

Other: N/A
Old March 12th, 2014 (01:49 PM).
Hope & Ambition

Just wondering if its alright for us to post in the IC thread now?

Hero~
Old March 12th, 2014 (03:13 PM).
ѕĸyвorne
Crystal Tier

Primordas

Spoiler:

Dragon

Name: Primordas

Appearance in Dragon Form:
Spoiler:

Primordas is a rather mystical looking dragon, accented with black, midnight blue and a spectrum of red over his entire body. He has a skeletal looking pattern to him, though he appears very muscular and thick, as if covered in a gem-like armour. Dark, onyx coloured spikes protrude from various points in his body, most notably his shoulders, back and neck. Primordas is menacing, his gleaming crimson eyes matching the almost radiating sanguine-red aura from his chest to his jaw.

Primordas has sharp, pitch black claws on all four of his legs, and his wings (that stretch out to about 100 feet) are a brilliant mix of midnight blues and purples, and are considerably more light than the rest of his body; so much so that they seem to radiate their own faint light.

Primordas is a fairly large dragon, more so than his siblings. He stands at about roughly 50 feet tall, and weighs around 2900 lbs.

Appearance in Human Form:
Spoiler:

In his human form, Primordas is perhaps just as malicious in appearance. His skin is a cross between pale-purple and olive, while his hair is short, shaggy and blackish-blue. His eyes are a deep crimson, similar to that of which he has in his natural dragon form. He is fairly muscular, but not overly and still retains the look of taller-than-average; he stands at about 6'3" in his human form. Primordas is often adorned in black clothes, most usually of leather and of unusual design, almost always accented with a cloak of equally unusual design.

History: Born to a draconian family of strict, harsh and secluded upbringing, Primordas has long since developed a solemn and chilling personality that stems from past family relationships. Primordas was born the largest of his two other brothers; Felvox & Xazerus. Though he did not develop a particularly close relationship with his brothers, or his parents of that matter, Primordas and his siblings were still raised to take care of each other and stay loyal to their bloodline. A lesson that was constantly placed on the trio from their parents was that others were not to be trusted; seclusion was key to survival and to a prolonged life. Though not instructed as to treat others as enemies, Primordas and his brothers were always warned to take caution and act on their own, seeing as the world was brimming with danger and mystery.

As Primordas grew, so did his siblings and, in turn, they were eventually separated by natural desire of seclusion. Primordas, as the oldest, was the first to separate from his family and seek seclusion within the hollows of mountains and barren landscape. He grew to distrust others, including those of his own kind, but vowed to not make enemies with those he did not understand. With this mindset, Primordas kept himself well hidden and away from any eventful situations. With the time he spent alone and in seclusion, Primordas developed his personal abilities that were gifted to every drake upon maturity.

Primordas was able to manipulate and create darkness and illusion from the energy of his own body. At first, his abilities seemed to be underwhelming at first, only being able to create small rays of darkened matter from his mouth, but eventually he began to hone the abilities gifted to him and developed a proclivity for the malicious forces he controlled.

He grew to be able to create realistic, malignant illusions, as well as control a wide variety of shadow-esque abilities such as black magic projections, dark spheres of energy, blend in with the shadows and even take on a partially wisp-like form of pure black smoke.

In accumulation of these abilities, Primordas used them to evade others, including dragons, humans and the like. He was so well endowed with the darkness that he started to almost become one with it; not leaving the shadows unless absolutely necessary, stalking those that were of mystery to him as if to gain knowledge of the world around him, and always staying far from anything that may have been considered dangerous or unacceptable by his parent's standards.

Still, Primordas had not broken links with his kind, nor with his brothers. Every so often he and his siblings would meet and discuss the happenings of the world around them, though not with much interest. The three brothers would often run into another dragon and simply converse for little time, then return to seclusion by themselves.

Satisfied with his hidden agenda, Primordas continued to live in hiding for many years before his attention was directed to the ever growing rumours that spread across the land like a plague. The name Dragon Slayers was whispered by the few that Primordas stayed in touch with, even in his primarily secluded life. Frustrated that such organizations existed, Primordas still vowed to remain in hiding but to perhaps show the humans their worth when the time came. Though not particularly inspired by the bloodlust of his brothers for taking out the humans, Primordas still withheld hatred for the race that had formed the Dragon Slayers, but intended to confront them in his own way; by manipulation.

Personality: Cold, malicious and distant, Primordas is a dragon of seclusion and mystery. He does not talk much, but when he does he chooses to speak little. Frustrated with the humans for their gathering to slay his dragon kin, while also raised to live in darkness and hiding, Primordas has developed a psyche of manipulation and fear. He has no respect for others, only tolerance for the dragon-kind.

Primordas is wise, knowledgeable and strategic. Having had much time to learn and instruct himself, he has grown intellectual. However, as knowledgeable and wise as he may be, Primordas still has a rough sense of the world and can grow ignorant and harsh when he is around others too long, especially his brothers. Though he is tolerant and treats other dragons as allied acquaintances, Primordas much prefers to be by himself and left alone.

Powers/Abilities: Darkness Manipulation - Primordas is capable of creating, shaping and manipulating the essence of darkness such as shadows, dark energy, and solid darkness that is physical in nature. Being a dragon, Primordas is capable of breathing 'darkness' similarly to how a common dragon would breath fire. The darkness that Primordas breaths is pitch black and is made of pure energy, capable of disintegrating most objects. Additionally, Primordas is capable of melding with the shadows to blend in and camouflage with them, as well as taking on a wisp-like form that makes his body appear to be made of black smoke which allows him to move faster, as well as produce a variety of other effects.

In his human form, his abilities keep the same nature and design as his dragon form, however Primordas is also capable of becoming a wisp of pure, black smoke. While in this wisp form, Primordas is capable of flying unaided and gains a boost of speed.

Illusion Projection - More of a subset of his darkness manipulation than it's own ability, Primordas is capable of creating fairly realistic illusions from already existing shadows and from his own created darkness. Though these illusions are realistic, they are not capable of harming or attacking anything, and are only used by Primordas as a means of invoking fear and confusion.
Old March 12th, 2014 (03:28 PM).
Axel
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Incomplete SU

Name: Mia Randall

Appearance: (Description or pic is fine~)

History: (Be detailed, please. Be sure to explaine why they want to slay dragons c: )

Personality: (Be detailed. I want to know what your character acts like~)

Powers/Abilities: (This is where you put what magical abilities your character has, if they have any. Are they able to control fire? Are they a mage or necromancer?)

Weapon(s): (Does your character use a weapon? If so, what kind of weapon(s) do they use? Remember that this is a medieval roleplay, so weapons such as guns, etc. aren't allowed :p)

Other: (Put anything else that you'd like to add here~)
art by Churaka
Old March 12th, 2014 (03:39 PM). Edited March 12th, 2014 by Songbird.

Quote originally posted by WooliestSteam1:
Weapon(s): Aster carries two katana swords on his back, one sheathed on each side of his shoulder as well as an old tomahawk by his side.
Sorry if it sounds like I'm imposing or otherwise offensive, but I'm just wondering why someone in a medieval setting would be carrying a Feudal Japanese weapon (a katana, too; the naginata's a thousand times more awesome) instead of a zweihänder, longsword or pike or something. >_>
Old March 12th, 2014 (03:43 PM).
Quantum
Silver Tier

Firstly, oh my god, such old dragons! Yer all grandmamas and grandpapas!

Secondly, we need more girly dragons. We only have one so far!
art by Churaka
Old March 12th, 2014 (03:47 PM).
Magnificent Turnip

Quote originally posted by Songbird:
Sorry if it sounds like I'm imposing, but I'm just wondering why someone in a medieval setting would be carrying a Japanese weapon (a katana, too; the naginata's a helluva lot cooler) instead of a zweihänder, longsword or pike or something.
Egh, feudal Japan still existed in a fairly similar time period, so it's not that far-fetched. Besides, medieval is probably referring more to the rough level of technology they have. Even then, you can play as Japan in Age of Empires, they have katanas in Baldur's Gate, it's not too unusual.

As a side note: WHY IS THE WORD ZWEIHÄNDER SO COOL? IT'S AMAZING.

@SB - Meh, it seemed old to me, but supposedly Arima is middle-aged or something. I guess with dragons being so old, it's more-or-less just a set maturity after a while...

Old March 12th, 2014 (04:04 PM).

Quote originally posted by True Epicness:
Egh, feudal Japan still existed in a fairly similar time period, so it's not that far-fetched. Besides, medieval is probably referring more to the rough level of technology they have. Even then, you can play as Japan in Age of Empires, they have katanas in Baldur's Gate, it's not too unusual.

As a side note: WHY IS THE WORD ZWEIHÄNDER SO COOL? IT'S AMAZING.
There's still the fact that katanas are structurally weaker by design than their European counterparts; they're little more than a stylistic choice when other weapons are an option. You have magic to make it super-sharp and able to cut other swords, but then you're just killing all the fun and romanticism of sword fights. Other Japanese weapons are still cooler, too. (⌐■_■)

Zweihänder is just fun to say. A lot of German is fun to say. Backpfeifengesicht, for example. Just say it out loud, it's really fun.
Old March 12th, 2014 (04:13 PM).
One lean, green, fighting machine

Grah! There are so many dragons! It's a damn shame we have to slay them all!

I'm gonna finish up my SU here in a few minutes.
Old March 12th, 2014 (04:38 PM).

@WooliestSteam1 and Mortalis - Your characters are accepted c:

And, we have enough characters to get started, yes, you may post in the IC thread c: Dragons will, primarily, start separate whilst the Dragon Slayers will have just now slain the first dragon of their 'crusade'. That is, if there are no objections ^^"
Old March 12th, 2014 (07:12 PM).
Hope & Ambition

I have a Dragon Slayer in the work too. I might have him posted in a day or two.

Hero~
Old March 13th, 2014 (04:33 PM).
Not just an Eevee

Nature: Brave
This. Looks. Epic. Reserve me for a Dragon, I'll have something up soon.

Roleplays I'm in:
Noah Viktons in Trumpets
Vincent Havanikoe in Magical Aura Gijinka Saviors
Logan Rachelle (pending) in Awakening

Proud lover of Eevees
Old March 14th, 2014 (06:58 AM).
Crystal Tier

Decided to go ahead an make a dragon. It's not the dragon that attacked my town as I stated which I may do in my previous post, I felt like that would just cause complications so I decided to stay away from that.

Kargen

Name: Kargen♀

Appearance:
Spoiler:

This is what Kargen looks like minus the rider and she's a good bit smaller given her age

Appearance in human form:
Spoiler:

History: Growing up, Kargen was a small, aggressive little dragon. She rarely ever listened to anyone’s advice and tried to do everything her way. Her father taught her the skills necessary to survive such as hunting, fighting, flying and how to avoid the humans as much as possible. Her father was equally head strong but possessed a lot more knowledge and experience than the young dragon.

Kargen’s father taught her of the hatred towards the dragons from the humans. He taught her that the humans see dragons as giant flying demons that only bring death and destruction. Her father also explained that while there may be dragons that revel in the death and agony of others, not all dragons are like that but the humans don’t see it that way. The humans believe that all dragons are evil and must be destroyed. Her father finally told her to avoid the humans as much as possible and to not meddle or take an interest in their affairs, for they will simple attack you the minute they see you.

Kargen’s father followed an ancient tradition passed down to him in which the parents of a newly born dragon must flee the nest and allow the younger dragon to grow up on its own. Kargen mourned for weeks, yearning for the return of her parents but alas, they never came back. Kargen now had to use her training in order to survive but without the watchful eye of her father to guide her.

The memories of her parents became too much for the young dragon so she fled the nest in order to live far away from her home. She kept flying as far away from her home as she could until she arrived at a region called Havenedge. Kargen flew up into a high mountain range in the southern region, the warmer climate being an instant plus to Kargen. She settled in a large cave near the top of the mountain which was high above the lands below. The entrance is almost impossible for any human to discover due to the sheer drop right outside the cave entrance. Kargen flew inside and rested, never to return for many, many years.

Almost 600 years later, Kargen has finally awoken from her slumber and is ready to head out. She knows little of this land and its people. Will they be different than the people back home? Do they accept the dragons here? Are there other dragons? Kargen had many questions, but whether they were true or not, only time would tell.

Personality: Kargen is still a very young, inexperienced dragon. Having to grow up all by herself has made her strong for her age but also very reckless. Kargen knows she is strong and will often let this go to her head whenever she engages in combat by rushing in and trying to take on everyone at once. While she respects dragons which are older than her she has little faith in their ‘wisdom’ and ‘traditions’ as the last tradition/bit of wisdom that was bestowed upon her left her with no parents. Aside from this Kargen is a pleasant and reserved dragon when she is with someone else and when there is no threat from the humans, although she can be very cranky when her sleep is interrupted by someone.

Powers/Abilities: Kargen possesses a much higher flame breath ability than other dragons which can do the same. Kargen grew up in a volcanic area with her mother and father and soon became accustomed to the immense heat of the volcano so because of this her flame ability is much more developed than other dragons. She can shoot her flames in a solid stream, as a wide cone or by focusing really hard she will become alight with flames, spewing all the way across her body. Coupling this ability with her razor sharp claws can yield some devastating effects. Also because of this ability, she has a much higher tolerance to heat than other dragons, be it from a human or perhaps another dragon with similar abilities. The downside to this is that Kargen is rarely seen in cold regions as her abilities are much weaker when in a cold climate.

In her human form, she can still create fire and still has a much higher heat tolerance than others but on a much smaller scale. For example she can shoot a small fire ball from her hands that will light a fire but she cannot breathe fire while in human form.

Other: Nopity Nope

Old March 14th, 2014 (10:08 AM). Edited March 16th, 2014 by Yamagi Sosuke.
Hope & Ambition

I'm looking a little lonely in the IC thread guys :D Someone join me. Well not right now because I have to burst out of the prison but someone else post.

@WooliestSteam1: I feel like your Dragon is aiming for mines lol. Heat tolerance? Maybe they can be friends instead.

Anyway, I have my signup for my Dragon Slayer up and ready to go. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

Dragon Slayer

Name: Wyot ( brave will or brave desire) | Leonard Adema
Appearance:
Spoiler:

*All credit goes to Jameszapta @ deviantart
Covered in a ancient full-body set of armor and a tarnished dark-green cloak, this Knight's appearance is a mystery to everyone in the land. His armor is unorthodox in its shape and form, its design is unprecedented. His blacksmith, and father, made sure that it was tailor-made for him. That thought shows as he saunters without effort towards his opponents with nothing but his blade in hand.

When the armor is removed, Leonard's long black hair falls down the sides of his face and onto his back in waves. Its jet black color leaves no room for sheen in its unkempt volume. His pitch black eyes are wide and full of life, and yet they hold a certain intensity to them. He has a medium, slender build with a smooth ebony complexion. Standing at five-ten and weighing a little less than one-twenty-two leaves him just above lightweight brackets. He has a whited-over scar that stretches down his right arm from a battle.

History:
Spoiler:
Leonard was the son of a male Blacksmith and female Knight, the elder to a prissy sister, and once the lover of a Knight in training. He can remember what it was like to wake up to the smell of a honest day's work on the countryside. He lived southwest from Earthbriar, their cottage making up a portion of a very small but peaceful village. For a long time he was content with sharing sweet nights with his lover, adorning days with his family, and having peaceful visions of the future to himself. That all ended when he turned twenty-one.

The action that caused his life to turn upside down, to flip forever on its back was none other than a conflict between a dragon and the knights. A battle between opposing forces that rolled over on the peaceful village of Neli and tore it asunder. Flames burned their crops and magical attacks destroyed their homes. Leonard braved this danger with his mother, rushing his family out of the house with his sister in the lead to what he thought would be a safe haven. Though, it had only proved to be a graveyard for the Adema family. A random attack, one that he didn't see coming tossed their stone-windmill over them. When he finally came too, his house was ablaze, the flames had painted the sky a orange hue, and his sister's body had been crushed in the aftermath.

For a long time Leonard had lost his way. He blamed himself for his sister's death and had promised to never make a decision involving others recklessly again. While his mother hunted after the dragon relentlessly; claiming that it had escaped from the Dragon Slayers and that she'd avenge her daughter with her own blade. It wasn't until later that week had he found out that his lover had died in duty as well. It was just the doomed cherry ontop of the despairing cake.

After the death of his sister and lover, Leonard became devoted to honoring their lives with his own. Like his mother he wanted to avenge his sister's death and the best way to do that was to learn how to fight. So he picked up a blade and asked his father to teach him, of course his dad didn't have actual combat experience so he regretfully declined. Leonard had no choice besides to start his training by himself. In the beginning of his training he was a complete amateur. He lost control of his sword plenty of times; cutting himself was a common mishap at their small cottage home for a couple of months.

When his mom had finally returned home from her vendetta, her composure had changed and fear laid clearly on her bloodied face. Her tale was grisly. It seemed that running was the best she could do to survive the encounter with the beast. She described the dragon with a mixture of awe and horror, her tales going so far overboard that people started to declare her loony. She became consumed with the dragon that had murdered her daughter and Leonard had become enraged that the beast was still tearing his family apart. He revved the gear on his training and kicked it into overdrive, expanding his body pass its limits on several occasions; until a year later, his test would come.

With the passing of the drought season came a band of corrupted knights. Apparently they had come to retrieve the 'Lotus Knight' also known as mom. They spat out tales of betrayal and told him that she had unfinished business at the capital. His mother wasn't exactly in the right state of mind to be leaving so he told them she wasn't home. It was too bad that his mom still had the heart of a warrior. She heard the commotion and came out in her armor, her face haggard and her body trembling. She attempted to talk to them but they had alternate motives. It was unknown if the orders came from the capital itself or not but they sneakily attacked her, attempting to take her life as she said goodbye. His mother countered it however and ordered him to go inside. A battle ensued as Leonard ran into the shop to get his sword. But when he came out to to join the fray they had stabbed her through on four different areas. Enraged, Leonard charged forwards with his blade and was quickly struck down by their leader; his blade slicing his right arm down to the muscle. They left merrily, claiming that if not for his presence that the Lotus Knight probably would had won. They had struck yet another blow to his heartstrings, cruelly cutting them.

When Leonard turned twenty-three he left Neli in the guise of 'Wyot'. His new suite of armor holding all of the grief, pain, tears, blood, sweat, and redemption; that his father could pound into the mysterious metal. His father dubbed the suit 'Candace'; after his beloved wife and the blade 'Petronel'; after his daughter.

When Leonard departed he had a vague plan of what he would do. He thought that he would hunt down the dragon that had indirectly killed his sister and then the gang of knights that had executed his mother, but of course fate had a different plan. He could only find one of the knights and he had already been at death's door when he had. He couldn't bring himself to kill the sickly deadbeat; he cursed himself for his lack of resolution. For awhile he had joined an independent faction that had opposed the king's rule, his hatred still not quelled from his mother's death. However, after only a few months and a few misdeeds later he left.

Now he wanders Havenedge in search of the dragon that had started it all.

Personality: Calm and pleasant, Leonard rarely deals in the darker side of humanity. It should be noted that he hates making decisions that involves the lives of others, as he finds the thought of another's life going array because of him utterly horrifying. He however, does try his best to continue onward, to fight for what he believes to be right and is willing to bear the burdens that may ensue behind him. His strength spawns from his past and nagging feeling in his chest. A feeling that thumps at his heart constantly and reminds him of his duties to the land.

When adorned in the armor of the ancients or taking on the persona of Wyot, Leonard becomes very recluse and mysterious. He speaks little (less than he usually does, at least) and lets the sounds of battle speak for him. He appears in a flash of dark green and disappears under the smoke of his final blow. Though he tries to keep the two separate, he occasionally lets his inner Leonard pop out.

Powers/Abilities: Counter. His most used and renowned ability. He is capable of reflecting his opponents magical and power-based attacks back towards them at twice the speed and strength. However, this leaves him at a disadvantage as he cannot attack directly himself while using this and in doing so must wait for his opponent to attack. With this ability comes another called Vanish. This allows him to completely nullify one's power-based attack, regardless of its state or intent; three times at the most.

Weapon(s): Petronel (single-edged sword) | Leonard uses a rather long single edged blade. Its dark sheath and handle are used in tandem, and if not for him drawing the blade, it could be mistaken for a thick staff. The blade is eight ft in length, the handle making up but one and a half foot of that. The blade is constantly being repaired from his battles with others, creatures, and most recently dragons.

Other:
  • He left an independent faction of mercenaries before becoming a nomad.
  • He wears the cloak that his mother once wore.
  • He is a wanted criminal of Havenedge.
  • He is notorious for being dangerous.
  • He talks to Petronel as if its his sister sometimes.

Hero~
Old March 14th, 2014 (10:32 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Yamagi Sosuke:
I feel like your Dragon is aiming for mines lol. Heat tolerance? Maybe they can be friends instead
Whoops! I totally didn't even stop to think that my ability would conflict with yours. It shouldn't be too much of a problem at the moment though, considering that all dragons are 'friends' or allies of sorts, so far anyway. But I can change it if it causes too much of a problem?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links