• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: Advanced Song: GBA Music Editor [Alpha 0.5] ~ Open-Source

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024

Advanced Song: GBA Music Editor

"Say goodbye to Sappy!"
Source: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8701519&postcount=99

Greetings! Today, I come before with what I hope is a ground-breaking new tool, Advanced Song!
Advanced Song is my attempt to create a tool that has what I felt was needed in Sappy.

For now, it's in an alpha stage, and is pretty unstable-ish, and just barely ready for release.

Features

• Find the Song Table and Song Count
  • Assemble .s Files!
  • Disassemble to .s Files!
  • Change a Song's Voicegroup
  • View the Individual Tracks of a Song
  • Change Track Instrument and Volume (and more!) ~ Will be part of a later release.
  • Edit Voicegroups
  • Edit Waveforms (a part of voicegroups)
  • Edit Wave Samples! (including compressed samples!)
Green = Completed, Red = In Development

Images

Spoiler:

Download

Alpha 0.5: Here
** Please read this post before using: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8570168&postcount=91
Requirements: Advanced Song will work on any computer that can run a Windows executable on the .NET 4.0 Framework.

Interested? Suggestions? Please, let me know. I like it when people tell me things about my tools.

Last edited:
Years
This sounds awesome I can't wait to use it it looks like will be helpful in making my hack "D

VerdeWare

...death is only the beginning
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2020
yeah sounds good especially for the sound system I have to implement in pokemon true gold with gb sounds!

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
This seems pretty cool. :) Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I think it could use a bit more functions though. Like maybe the ability to change the voicegroup of a song(I haven't noticed anything like that in Sappy-- if its there though I probably missed it haha) or maybe a function to repoint and/or extend the songtable. Just my thoughts :D

Still, can't wait to see this tool in action. Disassembling .S files could be helpful.

xGal

Mhm
Years
If you are making a tool for music hacking, please note that there is already an amazing tool called Sappy. Now, if you want people to use your tool, you must include features that the another tool doesnt have. Disassembling an .S file is one amazing feature. however, it's not enough. I, as a music hacker would like to see a feature that opens the music with Anvil Studio, tempo changer, etc. Anyways, good luck with the tool :)!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 2, 2017
Finally a new music editor, you should make it easy to use, for example editing the sounds/ instruments make it like flstudio, if possible.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Thanks for the initial support guys, it means a lot!

Also, just showing some progress.

First, I've been working on the disassembler, and it's nearly at a level where it works fully to be reassembled. Just gotta few bugs to work out.

Second, I've added some features like changing track instrument and volume, and I plan to add more soon!
Take a peak:
Spoiler:

Thanks for looking, and let me know what you think~!

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Okay, I'm definitely gonna pick this tool up when its released!

Also, the opening Anvil Studio idea seems kind of nice if there's actually a way to tirectly edit the songs in the game. That'd be pretty cool if its possible. lol

It'd be nice if the tool could import samples and automaticly locate a free space offset to insert them at. Oh, and the ability to listen to the songs in the program would be nice too.(if you do that, hopefully it doesn't crash like sappy)

Anyway, good luck Itari. ^^ I'm sure this tool is gonna help a ton of people. :)

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
I think you should also add an option for looping the song. For example you can do a checkbox with "loop" and below you put the range (from: , to: ). That would be awesome!

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Just wanted to say that I'm still working on this... just slowly.

To keep people interested, I'm just gonna say that I re-wrote the disassembler today, and I hope that it worked this time.

Also, I improved the instrument/volume/etc. modifiers to include all instances in the song where the values are changed, instead of just the first. Yay!

LORDENGLISH

HOMESTUCK GOD
Years
  • Age 43
  • ASK
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Please let this work as a sappy alternative, Please let this work as a sappy alternative, PLEASE LET THIS WORK AS A SAPPY ALTERNATIVE.

Elements1

Meh
Years
I've been looking for something like this FOREVER! Awesome bro, goodluck and hope you release it soon!!! :D

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I've been looking for something like this FOREVER! Awesome bro, goodluck and hope you release it soon!!! :D

Thank you! The support means a lot.

Update-ish

Just letting you all know that I've been rewriting a lot of the code for this baby, because it was quite messy.

So far, I have completely rewritten the assembler, and can now say that I finally finished the disassembler!

Before I release a beta, I wanna redo the instrument, volume, etc. changers, then I'll see about a release!

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
I have an idea for a feature! How about adding a song table repointer/extender? This would be absolutely amazing! Btw, I'm going to love this tool! Good luck!

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I have an idea for a feature! How about adding a song table repointer/extender? This would be absolutely amazing! Btw, I'm going to love this tool! Good luck!

Well that certainly is a nice idea, and one I have often contemplated doing.
The issue for me is really the lack of available information on the M4A engine (the music engine used in the games) so that will have to come later.

But, thanks! :)

Back