Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page What is your opinion on the Pokemon X & Pokemon Y legendaries?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old March 12th, 2014 (01:38 PM).
Avid traveller, avid trainer

Nature: Quiet
I prefer Yveltal over Xerneas, but the typing is one-sided in Xerneas's favor. Also, there's still no Poison legendary, sadly enough.

Avatar made by Winter-Freak at deviantART
Old March 13th, 2014 (10:45 PM).
is a Shrew

Nature: Lonely
I was so sick and fed-up with so many dragon legendaries! Yveltal and Xerneas are a nice breath of fresh air for me. They might be my favorite version mascots since Ho-Oh/Lugia. What I love about them is how different they are from each other, such that I feel as though it's easier to pick a side and thus pick a game. With Dialga and Palkia, just look at their faces--exactly the same. Do you want the big blue metal intimidating dragon? Or the big purple water intimidating dragons? Not much of a choice. Conceptually, the choice of truth versus ideals between Zekrom and Reshiram was pretty vague. With Xerneas and Yveltal, the difference is much more pronounced. Everything from their colour schemes to their expressions and poses, from the species they're based off of to their abilities over life/death strongly contrast with each other.

If Xerneas was Fairy/Grass and Yveltal was Dark/Flying, then Yveltal's flying type and Oblivion Wing would even the fight in that they would each have one type supereffective against the other, and the other resisted. I'm personally fine with their being an imbalance...

Kyogre > Groudon, Dialga > Palkia. It's not exactly uncommon. Does anyone else think that Lugia was purposely made Psychic/Flying instead of Water/Flying so that it didn't have a type advantage against Ho-Oh? I'd much rather that a pokemon fit its type well than be forced into a type (in this case, Fairy/Grass Xerneas) just so an overly-specific 1v1 scenario is evened out.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links