• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Unprejudiced Red

Mcguinness3

AnimeFreak and Pokélover.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Hello everyone! My intention when making this hack was originally just a small balanced hack that me and several friends would use for challenges / play-through's / competitions together, we used eachothers feedback and I compiled what we wanted out of a Pokémon game and strived to add it into a Fire Red Rom.

Now, I am no expert hacker and really allmost solely on tools to get the job done, but none the less I spent many a hour tweaking this. In fact, me and a few others must've run the entire game at least 10 times each. I had never planned to release this game to the public, but I figured hey. I may as well see what reception it gets. So with all this in mind, I present to you Pokémon Unprejudiced Red!

Main Features:
- All Pokémon are usable with similar stat totals. Beedrill = Charizard = Tangela in terms of stats.
-Every trainer roster in the game has been changed.
-First 150 available, except for 9 selected Hoenn Pokémon for trade.
-Johto Pokémon start appearing when you get to One Island to add some spice.
-Higher Difficulty: Much tougher boss fights with higher AI Vaule and more comprehensive movesets and teams.
-New Theif system, much more Pokémon can learn Theif / Covet in the game, also, many wild Pokémon have a chance to hold certain TM's. (List below)
-Ability/Move changes. The moves Pokémon learn levelling up, by TM and certain moves power have been changed to balance the game further towards our vision.
-Trade Evolution changes. All available via level up / stone.
-Wild Pokemon edited, all Leaf Green exclusives added to the wild. all safari exclusive Pokémon have been added to a new patch of grass near the beach in Fuschia City.
-Each route has a rare / evolved Pokémon in it. Some of these may be needed for in-game trades. For example, Seel can be found on route 1.
-Purist feel, only Kanto Pokémon until One Island (7 badges) and Hoenn Pokémon only available via trade.

Partial Change log.

A fair few changes are undocumented as I before, so I would really appreciate if you could point out anything major I've left out.

Stat Changes:
Spoiler:

Type Changes:
Spoiler:

Ability changes:
Spoiler:

Pokemon Location Changes:
Spoiler:

Evolution Changes:
Spoiler:

Move Edits:
Spoiler:

Item Changes:
Spoiler:

Pokémon hold items:
Getting started: You can get started with Thief right of the bat, simple catch a Pidgey with Covet for a Rattata (Which commonly carries Thief TM) and start stealing!
Spoiler:

Hoenn Pokémon availible via Trade (all 550 stat total):
Spoiler:

Johto Inclusions (1 Island+)
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Issues and bugs:
-New moves have no updated text, and some old move/item text is glitchy

TODO:
-Trainer Balance.
-Further Pokémon Balance.
-Add more thief items.
-Proofcheck all Trainer for anomylies.

All in all I am more than welcome to suggestion and criticism within reason and also would like to hear anything else that is within my abilities which you would like to see in the hack! Thank you for your time! :)

NEW: Personal Challenges you may want to try!
Spoiler:

Thank you to the following programmes, without them this would not have been possible:

Advance Map 1.82
A-Tack
A-Trainer
AEP
YAPE 0.9
Misc.Editor
A-Mart
A-Text

DOWNLOADS:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/d5ku0d

Last edited:
Years
Looks very good! I really like this type of games with so many changes, it makes the experience unique, battles are different! Will begin playing now!

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Looks like a Good hack! I'll try this one! After some time i have found a new 151 Fire red hack!

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
JUST FOUND MY FIRST SHINY IN A POKEMON HACK(LEGITLY) and it's a shiny PIDGEY with PICKUP! i was never fond of keen eye anyway.. YEY!! hahaha

Mcguinness3

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
JUST FOUND MY FIRST SHINY IN A POKEMON HACK(LEGITLY) and it's a shiny PIDGEY with PICKUP! i was never fond of keen eye anyway.. YEY!! hahaha

Haha! Nice one, thats pretty funny actually since I just found this little guy while playing aswell!
Shiny_Raticate.png

Mcguinness3

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Looking good!
But why A-Map 1.82?

Thanks! :)

I chose to use AM 1.82 because 1.9.1 - 1.9.5 never show Wild Pokémon for me and I've had several weird instances such as connection bugs and rom errors. I just felt 1.82 is more stable overall.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 15, 2014
As an early tester, I can't tell you how great this hack was to play through so you'll just have to play it and see. First Pokemon game I've enjoyed playing through in a few years just because of some great but subtle new elements of gameplay. We spent literally hours racing to try and get that damn Seel on Route 1 with the agreement that once one of the testers caught it all others were disallowed it. Added a level of intensity to ever single patch of grass and made for some fun hunting/grinding whilst being entirely optional but with just enough of an incentive to pay attention to it.

The balance changes are great and really solid. I know McG put in literally weeks of thought into making everybody competitive and then balancing the changes. (You'll never know just how insane Beedrill was for a while.) This let us use some of our favourite Pokémon and have it feel rewarding no matter what they were.

In short, this is a hack where you will constantly find new little things that will make you say "Oh that's much better". Without fundamentally changing the game McG has managed to completely overhaul it with an attention to detail and dedication that you'll NEVER seen out of the real makers of the game. I'm just excited to play through it again now that it's finished and to see others get to play through it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
Everytime I catch a rattata and its holding a tm, when i take the tm it disappears, not in my items or anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Mcguinness3

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Everytime I catch a rattata and its holding a tm, when i take the tm it disappears, not in my items or anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Really? Only things I can think of is are you checking the TM case in key items? And did you make sure to patch a clean US Fire Red rom?

Let me know if this persists, but I haven't encountered this myself during testing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
you know what, i feel like an idiot. i'd been playing the original pokemon blue for a while and forgot all about the TM Case...

but i noticed the TMs 43 & tm09 have glitchy text in the tm description, they're just jumbled up letters. anyone else having this problem?

also ....
Spoiler:

Mcguinness3

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
you know what, i feel like an idiot. i'd been playing the original pokemon blue for a while and forgot all about the TM Case...

but i noticed the TMs 43 & tm09 have glitchy text in the tm description, they're just jumbled up letters. anyone else having this problem?

also ....
Spoiler:

Oops! You are right, I totally neglected to mention that I updated the move tutors and also forgot to update their text! Thanks a bunch for that, I will get on that ASAP. Make sure to check all the tutors then, since they have had some updates :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I like this hack, and the fact that all pokemon are usable in terms of stats. That's the first thing I would have done when I make a hack. That makes your hack unique. :)

Mcguinness3

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I like this hack, and the fact that all pokemon are usable in terms of stats. That's the first thing I would have done when I make a hack. That makes your hack unique. :)

Thank-you! That was my thought process when starting this hack also :)

PS: The first person to complete one of the challenges listed in the challenges section and post a screenshot of their Elite Four victory screen will be able to have a Trainer in-game named after them. This will include the trainers Pokemon roster!

Back