The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:31 AM
MandyBean

Advertise here
Mr. Mime is........... terrifying
His animation REALLY gives me the heebie jeebies, I hate looking at it and just want to run away when I find one!
Old March 10th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Zekrom
not a genius tactician

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyBean View Post
Mr. Mime is........... terrifying
His animation REALLY gives me the heebie jeebies, I hate looking at it and just want to run away when I find one!
I've never liked Mr. Mime either. Whenever one shows up all I can think is "gtfo. NOW".
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Rapture11
All about Battle Spot <3

Nature: Quiet
No it hasn't really changed my opinion, they all look pretty great except some are bad animations but you can't change that, gotta deal with it.

FC:1392-5697-1527

~Psychic Type Safari~
~Drozsee-Espurr-Xatu~

Old March 11th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Elements1
Meh

Nature: Calm
Sentret is like buff!! xD I never realized how strong Sentret it till now. But that's about it, I love the 3d pokemon!

Completed National Pokedex: 2/20/14 Dusknoir Finial Entry
3DS FC:1263-7361-4137
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Another Pokemon that I think I changed opinions on thanks to the 3D models:

I didn't like the animation of Swoobat's old sprite, which made me think it was struggling to stay in the air but it looks way better in X/Y now, I actually think I like it more than I did in 5th Gen. 3D definitely improved the hearty bat in my opinion.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old March 12th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Swoobat's model is definitely an improvement over its original Black and White model. :] Though, I think it would have looked a lot better if its fur were shaded more. It would've been more realistic that way. Right now, those fur are sort of flat.
Old March 13th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Geltza

One of my favourite bird Pokemon is Pidgeot and I was disappointed with it's 3D model! I really wish they'd have made it with it's feet tucked in. Looks much cooler in my opinion!
I also really dislike Butterfree's model. I really liked Butterfree before

There's lots of other Pokemon I've changed my mind about and actually like them MORE now that I see their 3D models though. Too many to list! A couple of favourites are Entei, Articuno, Umbreon and Feraligatr though!
Old March 13th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Spry
Bird is the word

I used to like Lugia but its 3D Model killed it for me. I don't like the fact that its flying vertically instead of horizontally. I dunno maybe i'm just weird :/
Old March 14th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Phoenix7540

I caught entei in colosseum and I like the X/Y model an infinite times more than the one in colosseum. I think it's because of his darker color scheme and the shorter legs make his body proportions better and his new stance make him seem less stiff. The buffed move pool in gen 6 over gen 3 also helps.
Old March 27th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Howmander

Nature: Adamant
Have you seen a pokemon in the 2D sprites and never thought anything of it, but then when you saw it in 3D thought it was horrible? Not horrible as in poorly done artistically, but just if such a creature existed how horrible it is to imagine it living like that?

The biggest moment I had like this was Arceus. I'd seen it plenty, but the first time I saw it in 3D in Y I thought how horrible that ring is, it looks like it's tormenting Arceus the way it constricts in the stomach the way it does. (Sort of like those animals that get stuck in the plastic 6 pack rings and gradually grow to the point where it's cutting into them) the other one that was just kind of creepy was the first time I saw Whismur in Pokemon Colloseum the way it's mouth kept moving like it was continuously whispering something. Not sure why, it just always creeped me out. Anyway, what pokemon did you suddenly find creepy/disturbing/horrifying once they made the leap to 3D?
I'm looking for long term help from everybody! Now that Pokebank is out I would like to have one of every pokemon in boxes. Right now I'm only looking for Safari Pokemon and only Safari Pokemon that have their hidden abilities, however, I will gladly take ANY pokemon with their hidden abilities.

I definitely cannot offer you anything just because there are SO MANY pokemon to consider, all I would ask is that when you are in the Friend Safari, breeding or in other places where you can catch pokemon with their hidden abilities that you get just one more extra to pass to me please. Natures, Ivs, egg moves, none of them are important, I'm only looking for pokemon with their hidden abilities and basically whatever spares you have laying around. Thank you very much!
Old March 27th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements1 View Post
Sentret is like buff!! xD I never realized how strong Sentret it till now. But that's about it, I love the 3d pokemon!
Yeah I admit that it was surprising seeing Sentret standing on its feet and not its tail like most of its previous sprites depicted. But I think it looks cuter than ever in the new 3D graphics.

Old March 28th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Im still not sure what to think of Eelektross 3D Model.
I mean yes, its an eel and it has levitate, so maybe it makes sense he is "floating"??
On the other hand, its 2d model looked like it was standing and sooo much bulkier!!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 28th, 2014, 01:39 AM
Airhead
Banned

Mr. Mime now makes me cringe, Probopass makes me fling my 3Ds at the wall and the rest... well... it kinda makes you pay attention to detail but still.

So yeah, my opinion is now totally refurnished with new, modern red leather couches, french windows and a patio. I guess my view on Pokemon are now far more real. <3

DIE, PROBOPASS, DIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
Old March 28th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Eevee
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
Unown looks super cool in the 3D model. *_*

The Klink line looks pretty sweet too. I used to think it was a stupid Pokemon but it looks cool in the 3D model so it's making me like it DX

Old March 28th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
Im still not sure what to think of Eelektross 3D Model.
I mean yes, its an eel and it has levitate, so maybe it makes sense he is "floating"??
On the other hand, its 2d model looked like it was standing and sooo much bulkier!!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I never liked Eelektross' original sprite, but the 3D model fits it so well because well, it does have the Levitate ability after all so having it floating as opposed to just standing and hopping like that.

Another Pokemon that I think the 3D has changed my thoughts on would have to be Skuntank:

I was never fond of the coloring in its old sprites (the brown color really didn't look nice) so I was glad they finally made its "light" parts the same cream color shown in its official art. So basically X/Y made my thoughts on the skunk change in a positive manner, and oh it even opens up the tip of its own tail when it attacks, which is pretty cool I gotta admit.

Oh, and Snorlax is now finally standing after 5 generations trying to get up!

Old March 28th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Druddigon. It has become one of my more favorite dragons. I did not use to like it, but not I love it. It could be because I got the shiny version of it in my first run through X. But it looks a lot better than it did in BW.
Old March 28th, 2014, 11:51 AM
mangamusicfan
The Lost one.
Community Supporter Tier 5

I don't Like the design of some Pokemon, But I like the world Design verry much!
The real Kiddy style is gone now and that is what I like the most, But the game keeps It charm Pretty good.

Timeghoul is absolute Awesomnes!
Old March 28th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Endless
& give nothing back

Quote:
I was never fond of the coloring in its old sprites (the brown color really didn't look nice) so I was glad they finally made its "light" parts the same cream color shown in its official art. So basically X/Y made my thoughts on the skunk change in a positive manner, and oh it even opens up the tip of its own tail when it attacks, which is pretty cool I gotta admit.
I actually liked the old coloring of Skuntank; to me, it seemed more suitable. xD;; Though, this isn't too bad, either. It's much more vibrant.
Old March 28th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Lihtal
Castle Guard

One word: Hitmontop

Look at it. LOOK THOSE SWEET MOVES!

That´s worth what i payed for Pokemon X

Overall i think they made a good transition from Sprites to actual models. Now some could be better and the color pallet sometimes throws me off. Bt i have this in mind:

Remember how sprites went evolving since Gen 1? I think this is how models are going to be, sure nowadays to our standards they are probably not flawless or appealing but also remember, i don't think Pokemon is going to die any-day soon now. There is way too much potential here, so i am glad to be part of this new transaction. Could it be better yes, but as a start, you have got to admit is something else.

P.D : I dislike how they made typhlosion without the flames on its back

Old March 28th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihtal View Post
P.D : I dislike how they made typhlosion without the flames on its back
Typhlosion still has flames when it's using attacks. I've not seen it in action myself but it's been mentioned earlier in the thread.

Old March 28th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Lihtal
Castle Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
Typhlosion still has flames when it's using attacks. I've not seen it in action myself but it's been mentioned earlier in the thread.
To me it seems way too different...and cant get used to it.

Yeah, that is actually true, i read it somewhere here. But... its more a matter of not seeing what im used to, like how in gen 2 it always had its flame, then back to HGSS and not to mention BW. To my eyes it does´t seem natural, but that is just me.

Old March 29th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Sgt.Dustmop
Saving the world one dust bunny at a time

Luxray.
I don't know, in Diamond and Pearl I thought he was cute. Now he just looks clunky and awkward. I've gotten used to it, but he's just not as cute as he used to be.

And I must agree with the Typhlosion comments. Quilava is one of my favorites, but now he just looks ridiculous without his flames. It's just not the same.

Please PM when you add me so I can add you back! :3
Old March 30th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Jakeremix
Poképro~

Nature: Jolly
Not sure if anyone has said it yet, but we now know from Diglet's model that his nose is indeed a nose. There was never any doubt from me, of course.

Also, I was surprised at how small the Rotom forms were in X/Y considering their sprites appeared to be a lot larger. It's kinda weird... I thought Rotom possessed the appliances rather than just taking the form of them.
Old April 10th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Endless
& give nothing back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihtal View Post
One word: Hitmontop

Look at it. LOOK THOSE SWEET MOVES!
Every time I look at that model, I always get reminded of Michael Jackson's "Thriller." XD They've done a great job with this one.
Old April 10th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Dustmop View Post
Luxray.
I don't know, in Diamond and Pearl I thought he was cute. Now he just looks clunky and awkward. I've gotten used to it, but he's just not as cute as he used to be.

And I must agree with the Typhlosion comments. Quilava is one of my favorites, but now he just looks ridiculous without his flames. It's just not the same.
I know it may not have flames in its idle animation, but it was mentioned earlier in this thread that the Cyndaquil line's flames show up when they're attacking. They also don't have flames show unless they're attacking in the anime as well, so nothing to get in a flip about.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here