Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 13th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
I really wasn't all that disappointed by the new pokemon this time around.

Binacle is stupid, but it's evolution is okay. Honedge, Swirlix, and Klefki are all examples of pokemon based off of inanimate objects which I disliked at first, but I've come to accept them. There are certain evolutions which I was disappointed by Aromatisse no longer looking like a bird, Malamar having legs, Florges being much larger than "the smallest pokemon", and Diggersby being ugly. However, I wouldn't say that I hate them, because I understand the direction the designer's were going with them.

...compared to some Gen 4-5 pokemon which I still despite to this day.
3DS FC: 4914-3495-9756 (IGN: Shrew)
Tradelist
Old March 15th, 2014, 04:07 AM
Laylaw
"Smell ya later!" - Blue

Nature: Quirky
Klefki, Honedge(Duoblade & Aegislash), Binacle(and Barbaracle). I don't see how they can be Pokémon.

Klefki is a bunch of keys. Honedge is a sword and Binacle is like a pair of mole's arms with eyes on them stuck in a rock.
3DS FC --> Friend Safari: Fighting - Meditite/Pancham/Breloom
Old March 15th, 2014, 05:13 AM
JayGokani

Chestnaught. I don't like the appearance.
Old March 15th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Kotetsu
バンパイア
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
Klefki. Without a doubt Klefki. I just dislike everything about it. A pair of keys, really? :p
Old March 15th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Zekrom
The Fell Dragon

Not sure why the inanimate object Pokemon always get so much hate....

This month we're celebrating the 1-year anniversary of Pokemon X/Y! Check out these events being held in Kalos's honor:
PR Video Contest
X/Y The Favorite Challenge
XY Anniversary Tournament

This month is also Halloween month, so make sure to stop by Necrum's Carnival of Horrors!

My Trade Shop (currently open)
Old March 15th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Chance Without Zekrom View Post
Because they are inanimate objects, there's been a pretty long track record of them getting hated. But I actually like the "inanimate objects" we got this generation. Klefki and Aegislash are actually now among my fave Steel-types.
Old March 15th, 2014, 07:15 AM
BasedNate
ImDaBes

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Not sure either. All generations got 'em too lol.

That being said, my least favorite Pokemon in Gen VI would be Vivillon. There's already a lot of pretty butterflies in Pokemon already imo. Beautifly for example.
Friend code: 5129 - 2177 - 9311
Character name: Serena

Old March 15th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Cheychu
Giggly Gengar

Nature: Gentle
I'd have to say Honedge....even though i like the pun
heh
Honedge
on edge
hehe..eheh..heh...hhheh.
3DS Friend Code: 4227-2402-7962
Friend Safari: Psychic

My Team:

http://officerbootyonduty.tumblr.com

Old March 15th, 2014, 09:26 PM
mew²
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
I honestly didn't find much of this generations Pokemon appealing. But I do love this set other then 5th generations.
But the bacon winner here is of course:

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Old March 15th, 2014, 10:39 PM
HereFishyFishy

Nature: Quiet
Negativity is lame, so I'm going to pretend you asked which I like the most. Lots of cool new Pokémon in this generation, but I'm going to go with Meowstic and Pangoro. Thought they were pretty cool when I found them as Espurr and Pancham, and together they pretty much destroyed Team Flare by themselves.
Old March 18th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Sgt.Dustmop
Saving the world one dust bunny at a time

There really weren't many I disliked this gen.. None of their designs really won me over, but I didn't hate them, either.
Klefki was definitely a silly design, but I just didn't much care for it. Same goes for Diggersby and Honedge - they're none too appealing, but I don't hate them, I just actively avoided them.

Am I the only one that thought Barbaracle looked kinda cool? I kept him around when I found it, he was neat-looking and super handy to have around.
Pokemon X FC: 0576 - 4566 - 8188
Name: Alessa.
Bug-type safari: Paras, Illumise, Pinsir.

Please PM when you add me so I can add you back! :3
Old March 18th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Pillodox
Ruff

Nature: Docile
Diancie, Carbink, Klefiki, Floette, Florges, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Deddene, Sylveon and Xerneas.

I also disapprove the changes to Clefa, Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Marril, Azumaril and most of all, Granbull.
Old March 18th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
I think people deem them uncreative because they're not alive in the real world. But I think they're creative. I still hate the Vanillite line because of their dumb looking smile, though.

Having said that, I was quite disappointed with Pangoro's performance in battles, but maybe I came in with too much expectation because it's so badass-looking. Same can be said for Pyroar. I also don't like Aromatisse... But for the most part I liked the new Pokemon introduced this generation.
Old March 18th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Sgt.Dustmop
Saving the world one dust bunny at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroblast View Post
I still hate the Vanillite line because of their dumb looking smile, though.
Oh man, I loved Vanillite. It's the only dairy product I can have.
Pokemon X FC: 0576 - 4566 - 8188
Name: Alessa.
Bug-type safari: Paras, Illumise, Pinsir.

Please PM when you add me so I can add you back! :3
Old March 18th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Omicron
0_0

Nature: Modest
I liked all the Pokémon introduced in this generation. I am still disappointed with Aromatisse, though. They could have made a badass Plague Doctor Pokémon, maybe a fairy/poison type, and they made a can can dancer. Really GameFreak?
Old March 18th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
I didn't hate any really, but going based of design alone, I'd say binacle, slurpuff, and aromatiss (or how ever you spell it). Those, to me, have the worst designs out of all of generation 6
My breeding center: .
3ds and Pokemon X version name: Joey
3ds FC: 4468-2394-4701
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old March 19th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Eevee
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
Diggersby for sure. I used to think that Glameow was the ugliest Pokemon but definitely Diggersby takes the mud pie cake on that one. Binacle comes second.

Seriously, Diggersby...what happened to it? I think it's facial expression and dark "mud-like" coloured fur contributes to its ugliness.

But that's pretty much the only Pokemon I actually dislike from gen 6. Granted, there were practically no new Pokemon to begin with but I think they did a nice job in this region. Though, I dislike most of the Mega Evolution designs.

Old March 19th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Tao Dragon

Nature: Lonely
I do have a complain about Marill being a fairy type. It really didn't need it. It should just stayed as a pure water type. I would rather have a fairy type chansey than a marill. At least it should have been normal fairy cause looking at it and audino they look more fairy like than marill. It would have been nice if Celebi would have change it psychic for fairy. It is a fairy.
3DS Friend Code: 4012 - 4565 - 2182
3DS IGN: Raymond
Pokemon X IGN: Calem
Vivillon: Archipelago
Friend Safari Type:
Friend Safari Pokemon: Pumpkaboo, Dusclops, Lampent
Old March 19th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Pillodox
Ruff

Nature: Docile
Seriously, why are Snubull and Granbull now pure fairy tpes, completely turning around their skill vs fighting types? I never recorded a bull being a fairy.
Old March 19th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Zekrom
The Fell Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantox View Post
Seriously, why are Snubull and Granbull now pure fairy tpes, completely turning around their skill vs fighting types? I never recorded a bull being a fairy.
I thought the same thing too until I saw Granbull's species name is the "Fairy Pokemon". No, seriously, it is: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Granbull

But then that brings up the question of why the hell its species name is that in the first place...

This month we're celebrating the 1-year anniversary of Pokemon X/Y! Check out these events being held in Kalos's honor:
PR Video Contest
X/Y The Favorite Challenge
XY Anniversary Tournament

This month is also Halloween month, so make sure to stop by Necrum's Carnival of Horrors!

My Trade Shop (currently open)
Old March 19th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Kameken
Vo-vo-vo Volcarona!

Nature: Naive
Diggersby for obvious reasons, as well as its unfunny meme.

If the leaked legendaries count, hoopa.
Old March 19th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Tox
fight me

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tox
Quote:
I also disapprove the changes to Clefa, Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Marril, Azumaril and most of all, Granbull.
Yup, I agree with this.

To answer your question, I really hate Dedenne. I know they've started a trend with electric rodents but a bit of originality would have been nice. It's just an ugly Raichu rip-off. Even a different colour scheme would've been an improvement.
Old March 19th, 2014, 04:35 PM
SparksPKMN

Klefki. It just kinda seemed unnecessary. I mean, keys, really? Did Game Freak run out of ideas already? Oh, yeah, of course they did.
Old March 19th, 2014, 04:38 PM
PumpJack
Gentleman Thug

Quote:
Diancie, Carbink, Klefiki, Floette, Florges, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Deddene, Sylveon and Xerneas.

Judging by this and your sig, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are not terribly fond of Fairy type.
Old March 19th, 2014, 05:00 PM
~Justified~
~Working On A New Rom Hack~

Nature: Brave
I wasn't particularly fond of the fairy types for a few reasons:
-Dragons are sometimes overpowered, yes, but the amount of time it takes to train them, find them, and evolve them is kind of deserving of high power. Sure they may have needed another weakness but dragon moves can't touch fairy types at all, they should still be able to hit them with dragon type moves that are normally effective rather than no effect at all.

I also wasn't too fond of mega evolutions because the extreme power boost it adds to all of the pokemon capable of mega evolving, not every Pokemon needs to have Stat Totals of 600-700 and 1-Hit K.O Everything. Game freak tried to balance the game more with fairies but honestly they ruined it by adding mega evolutions in my opinion:/

I didn't like the changes they gave to some of my favorite previous gen pokes. Especially Granbull, yes I realize it is in the fairy egg group and is the "fairy Pokemon" (Btw this makes no sense) but ITS A DOG. NOT A FAIRY.

Seriously, I don't see the resemblance here:

and another thing...Dedenne...No, just no. Everyone can clearly see that Dedenne is a straight copy of Pikachu/Pichu with Raichu's colors and long whiskers.
"I Believe In Jesus Christ As My Lord and Savior,"
"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends,"
John 15:13

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Looking For:
Anyone willing to help with the game.
Pokemon Team Building Guide

Last edited by ~Justified~; March 19th, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here