Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 16th, 2014 (01:35 AM).
berlyda
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Question: Is there supposed to be some sort of animation when Unburden activates? I'm using it on Hawlucha in conjunction with Power Herb, and I think it's working, but there's no message or anything to tell me, which is odd.

Old March 16th, 2014 (01:54 AM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by berlyda:
Question: Is there supposed to be some sort of animation when Unburden activates? I'm using it on Hawlucha in conjunction with Power Herb, and I think it's working, but there's no message or anything to tell me, which is odd.
I think that when the item of the Unburden holder is lost, I don't think the message pops up. That's what I remember when I used something with Unburden. I know some abilities have the message pop up but not in this case I'm afraid.
Old March 16th, 2014 (03:35 AM).
Dark_Yveltal

Hey everyone, can you please help me?

I have the following question: I am breeding for a shiny Larvitar now, one larvitar (father) is japanese and the mother is obviously my own. I gave the mother an Everstone, to pass on her nature/ability to the "babies". I'm around 280 Eggs now, but this may sound stupid, but does the Everstone affect Masuda Method? Is it somehow harder to get a shiny or doesn't this matter at all and your odds are still the same?

Maybe someone has experiences with this one, I appreciate your help and thanks in advance!
Old March 16th, 2014 (03:44 AM).
Onicon

Quote originally posted by Dark_Yveltal:
Hey everyone, can you please help me?

I have the following question: I am breeding for a shiny Larvitar now, one larvitar (father) is japanese and the mother is obviously my own. I gave the mother an Everstone, to pass on her nature/ability to the "babies". I'm around 280 Eggs now, but this may sound stupid, but does the Everstone affect Masuda Method? Is it somehow harder to get a shiny or doesn't this matter at all and your odds are still the same?

Maybe someone has experiences with this one, I appreciate your help and thanks in advance!
Well no; for example we always scount one egg after another for IVs, and never with Everstones. When we found a shiny, we had replaced the the parents with other ones, one holding an Everstone. The egg still turned out to the shiny.
Old March 16th, 2014 (04:14 AM).
Howmander

Nature: Adamant
So I know the power of Rollout or Ice Ball doubles right after using Defense Curl, does it HAVE to be Defense Curl used right before using Rollout or Ice Ball to get the benefit, or can it be ANY defense raising move? I am planning a Bidoof (with SImple Ability) to have Skull Bash and was wondering if Rollout would have any benefit from it.
Looking for some berries, hidden ability Safari pokemon or previous generation Move Tutor Egg moves? I have everything from the first two categories and a lot from the last category! All I'm looking for is the 5 gen 6 legendary giveaway pokemon, check out this thread for more details! Thanks:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8592152#post8592152
Old March 16th, 2014 (04:18 AM).
berlyda
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Howmander:
So I know the power of Rollout or Ice Ball doubles right after using Defense Curl, does it HAVE to be Defense Curl used right before using Rollout or Ice Ball to get the benefit, or can it be ANY defense raising move? I am planning a Bidoof (with SImple Ability) to have Skull Bash and was wondering if Rollout would have any benefit from it.
It's just Defense Curl (makes sense, since it curls into a ball when using Defense Curl, ready for Rollout / Ice Ball).

Old March 16th, 2014 (04:20 AM).
Miau
The Kitten Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Just Defense Curl. And you can use it any time in battle before Rollout/Ice Ball, not necessarily right before, and you get the boost as long as the Pokemon hasn't switched out of battle.
#300 Skitty
Supporter Collab January 2015
clubs anime avatar
Old March 16th, 2014 (04:37 AM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Onicon:
Well no; for example we always scount one egg after another for IVs, and never with Everstones. When we found a shiny, we had replaced the the parents with other ones, one holding an Everstone. The egg still turned out to the shiny.
As far as I'm aware of breeding mechanics, Everstone only affects nature. If one parent holds an Everstone in X/Y, it'll pass down its nature to the baby Pokemon 100% of the time, like it was in Black 2/White 2.

I don't recall it affecting the chances of getting shinies.
Old March 16th, 2014 (01:54 PM).
Shhmew

Nature: Gentle
Everstone only passes down Nature (100% of the time), and from what I've experienced, it and the Destiny Knot don't affect shininess in any way. In fact it's pretty much the only way to get a shiny that's any good for competitive battling, you know? (well, except cheating or trading)

Just don't give up :D
Old March 16th, 2014 (06:24 PM). Edited March 16th, 2014 by Shrew.
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
1) Restaurant Le Wow. How much exp do you get total from defeating everything?

With this number, I plan to take into account multipliers (O-Power, Lucky Egg, being unevolved) to make it most efficient to get things at exactly lv50.

2) What % chance does Chansey hold Lucky Eggs?

3) If I have a pokemon hold a Lucky Egg, but don't use it in battle... Will the Exp Share combine with the Lucky Egg? Or will I just get the normal share? (I'm not sure if there's any point in getting more than 3 Lucky Eggs because Rotation/Triples only allow 3 on the field at once.)
Old March 16th, 2014 (08:05 PM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

For your second question, apparently one in every twenty Chansey hold Lucky Egg. If I were to make an estimate, the percentage would be somewhere around five or so. :P
Old March 16th, 2014 (08:24 PM).
arinceo
Eat, Sleep, Pokemon

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Shrew:
1) Restaurant Le Wow. How much exp do you get total from defeating everything?

With this number, I plan to take into account multipliers (O-Power, Lucky Egg, being unevolved) to make it most efficient to get things at exactly lv50.
Not sure exactly Which is rather sad considering I've done literally hundreds of the double battles!

2) What % chance does Chansey hold Lucky Eggs?
You can increase it from five to 20% if the first pokemon in your party has Compound Eyes as its ability.
3) If I have a pokemon hold a Lucky Egg, but don't use it in battle... Will the Exp Share combine with the Lucky Egg? Or will I just get the normal share? (I'm not sure if there's any point in getting more than 3 Lucky Eggs because Rotation/Triples only allow 3 on the field at once.)
Having the Lucky Egg on a pokemon not in battle will still give it boosted exp points on top of what it typically would receive from the EXP share.

Pokemon in battle - 100% EXP
Pokemon in party with Lucky Egg - 75% EXP
Pokemon in party - 50% EXP
Old March 17th, 2014 (12:35 PM).
Howmander

Nature: Adamant
So people have gotten AZ's Floette with the power save, has anyone gotten those two secret Vivillon patterns yet then?
Looking for some berries, hidden ability Safari pokemon or previous generation Move Tutor Egg moves? I have everything from the first two categories and a lot from the last category! All I'm looking for is the 5 gen 6 legendary giveaway pokemon, check out this thread for more details! Thanks:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8592152#post8592152
Old March 17th, 2014 (02:06 PM).
Sopheria
Potion Festival Queen
Community Supporter

Is Hawlucha's Flying Press able to hit through Wonder Guard?
Old March 17th, 2014 (02:10 PM).
Onicon

Quote originally posted by Sopheria:
Is Hawlucha's Flying Press able to hit through Wonder Guard?
It did not hit, presumably because the flying type is only a secondary effect.

PS: Come to think off, we had no Mold Breaker. That is something we need to test once we find a Hawlucha with it.
Old March 17th, 2014 (03:10 PM).
Zekrom

So people have gotten AZ's Floette with the power save, has anyone gotten those two secret Vivillon patterns yet then?
Wait, there's 2 extra Vivillon patterns? When did this happen?

My Trade Shop (currently open!)
Old March 17th, 2014 (03:14 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by No Chance Without Zekrom:
Wait, there's 2 extra Vivillon patterns? When did this happen?
The hacker who revealed Diancie, Volcanion, Hoopa, Mega Lati@s and AZ's Floette also revealed the extra Vivillon patterns. There's also no word on whether those Vivillon patterns were actually used.

Also, Flying Press still does not hit Shedinja because it's still a Fighting move:
0* effectiveness (Fighting) x 2* effectiveness (Flying) = 0, therefore, Shedinja is still immune.

Old March 17th, 2014 (05:45 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Question related to Masuda Method shiny breeding.
We now all know that there is a probable bug in the game that forgets the parents are MM-able after we shut the game off and turn it back on
At least, I think everyone knows about this 'bug' now...
, therefore, we need to get the parents back and put them back in so the game can tell that parents are MM-able.

So my question is, would it be enough to just withdraw the foreign parent and put it back in to enable the Masuda Method again?
#495 Snivy

Old March 17th, 2014 (06:01 PM).
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:
We now all know that there is a probable bug in the game that forgets the parents are MM-able after we shut the game off and turn it back on
, therefore, we need to get the parents back and put them back in so the game can tell that parents are MM-able.

So my question is, would it be enough to just withdraw the foreign parent and put it back in to enable the Masuda Method again?
Whoa, wait a second. I guess I've never heard of this bug, because that means I've wasted soooo much time with non-MM breeding.

Do you have a source (which could potentially answer your question as well)? I would assume that recognition of nationality is determined as they're dropped off, since that's a factor in chance of egg production, so I think taking out parents and putting them back in would solve any potential glitch, but I'm not sure.
Old March 17th, 2014 (06:06 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Flushed:
Whoa, wait a second. I guess I've never heard of this bug, because that means I've wasted soooo much time with non-MM breeding.

Do you have a source (which could potentially answer your question as well)? I would assume that recognition of nationality is determined as they're dropped off, since that's a factor in chance of egg production, so I think taking out parents and putting them back in would solve any potential glitch, but I'm not sure.
Quoted from the [Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?] thread.

Quote originally posted by Cordelia:
When you start your game, take out your parents and then redeposit them. In Trade Corner, we've postulated that the game has a bug in it where it 'forgets' that your parents are Masuda-capable and doesn't take account of the Shiny Charm when you turn your game off. So when you turn it back on, take your parents out and then put them back in. Of course, you have to be careful with your egg moves (making sure they still know them) with this method, but it works. I've gotten two shinies in three days and I do not have the Shiny Charm.
#495 Snivy

Old March 17th, 2014 (06:10 PM).
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Quoted from the [Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?] thread.
Oh ok, I gotcha, and you're asking whether to take out one parents or both?

I'd say take out both, because it only determines "foreign" status in comparison to the other 'mon and not your game, and perhaps will only recognize the nationality upon putting it in the DayCare.
Old March 17th, 2014 (06:19 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Flushed:
Oh ok, I gotcha, and you're asking whether to take out one parents or both?

I'd say take out both, because it only determines "foreign" status in comparison to the other 'mon and not your game, and perhaps will only recognize the nationality upon putting it in the DayCare.
What a waste of heart scales. =/
Aw well~
/grabs more heart scales from pokemon-gl~
#495 Snivy

Old March 17th, 2014 (06:25 PM).
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

What a waste of heart scales. =/
Aw well~
/grabs more heart scales from pokemon-gl~
If you're using the Lumiose method, soft-resetting should save you from spending scales. If you're using KeySav/any other method, I guess that does mean quite a few Heart Scales.
Old March 17th, 2014 (07:05 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Question: if we delete a friend from our friend list, will they then appear on our acquaintance list?
#495 Snivy

Old March 17th, 2014 (09:54 PM).
XpokeX
I'm a ninja and im..... gone

Nature: Lonely

It won't affect me if i just close my DS to sleep mode right? Just when i close the game?

"Pokemon is my escape from reality,no one to judge or fight,it's just me having fun"
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links