Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon Saiken (UPDATE! New Year's Eve. Happy 2015!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old March 14th, 2014 (09:49 PM).
The End is Near...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Near~
Huh... I just saw a couple of hacks with GBC graphics on another forum x) Is this a new tend?
I mean for one: You can make a GBC game with better scripts and ASM because its base is FR. I hope you plan on this It would make it even better than the ones I saw, looks great I will follow this hack
Old March 16th, 2014 (05:54 PM).
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Nature: Relaxed
I always think the trees in GSC are just 2 trees next to each other in a column, i don't think it's a tall tree
Old June 26th, 2014 (06:13 PM).
A Mad Man in a Box

Hey guys! Finally some news. I'm sorry for the loooong time without updates, but as I said before I only work on this in my spare time.

So, here we go:

The first screenshot is the first thing you'll see when you boot the game. Also, minisprites! I added some from GSC and made the minisprite for the heroine. We have some dialogues too.

First screenshot: Title Screen. Yeah, it's part of the plot. Third and fourth screenshots are some pop culture references I plan to add on the game. Nothing too flashy, but fun to the ones who like the same things as me!

More minisprites and dialogue. The Town Map is already in the game, and I changed the name of the region from Fantas to エシピ (ESHIPI).

Just showing more the heroine minisprite.

I also made a Userbar for anyone who wants to support the rom hack:

So... I want help. It's very dull to make all by myself (mainly because almost EVERYTHING is made from scratch and/or have to be inserted in the place of the gba graphics). So, if you are willing to help me to insert some graphics on the rom, PM me. Thanks! I hope this update satisfied you all.
Old June 29th, 2014 (08:22 PM).
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
I can't believe I overlooked this D:

This looks like a really good hack. I can't wait to play it. I do hope you get help with this, as this seems like a really good project. Good luck and do what you do best!

I also support Pokemon Liquid Crystal, Glazed, Fat Kid, Eclipse, Cyan, and TLZ: Sacred Paradox. (These either have large banners or none at all)
DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA. (more banners soon to come... maybe) (hoping that Lilac comes back) DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA.
You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, PokeReject?
Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon. Why yes, yes I did. Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon.

Old June 30th, 2014 (05:09 PM).
But nothing happened.

Nature: Hasty
I really want to play this! Imagine if gamefreak didnt update the graphics of pokemon and maintained their gsc style graphics.. Im 100% sure that it'd look like this..
|Pokemon FlareRed: Total Reboot!
|
Rom Hacking Beginners Click Here
!
Old June 30th, 2014 (05:44 PM).

It looks so beautiful!!!
the game looks very interesting. It's a very unique idea to make this kind of game.
I want to download it so badly... ≥⌂≤
Old July 2nd, 2014 (05:06 AM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
This hack looks so cute :D
Old July 3rd, 2014 (05:52 PM).
The dark Cheetah

Nature: Calm
LOL, I was confused at first... How a GB hack is based on FR! But Its such amazing! mad skills! Thank you so much for this awsome hack! make sure to finish It!
Old July 4th, 2014 (05:56 AM). Edited July 4th, 2014 by negative.
Life returns. Life prevails.

I love the fact that the story is so emotionally binding. I really hope the player can get really attached to the characters in the storyline, but I don't have any doubts about that. The graphics just make me feel like playing Gold again, it's just too epic! Hope this turns out the way you want it to be, good luck!
Old July 4th, 2014 (08:08 PM).
A Mad Man in a Box

Quote originally posted by The Riddler:
I love the fact that the story is so emotionally binding. I really hope the player can get really attached to the characters in the storyline, but I don't have any doubts about that. The graphics just make me feel like playing Gold again, it's just too epic! Hope this turns out the way you want it to be, good luck!
That commentary makes me happy. No specific reason, haha. Thanks!

UPDATE:

Now we have TextBox! Still no GSC font, though.

Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir fully on the ROM. Ralts is the Pokémon the professor gives to you. All the sprites were devamped by me.

BASED RATTATA. Not sure if i already showed Taillow. Oh, decapitalization too. Still working on giving the battle a GSC feeling.

I'm updating some maps with more details. I noticed that they had A LOT of empty areas, and even if overall they look good, they were boring. Like RBYG/GSC maps in GBA scale.

The rival! I'm still thinking in a name for her. Suggestions are welcome.

And... Here's a video, showing 8-bit music. Still WIP, the noise needs some adjustments. English is not my native language, so if you see any grammar error, please tell me!

(The maps are outdated in this video.)

What do you guys think? Fell free to say anything!

Old July 4th, 2014 (08:18 PM).
Wahahahahawntah~!

Actually, I liked the FRLG text boxes with the GSC maps :/. They meshed well, a good mix of old and new. (And they were easier on the eyes. Gen II graphics always look nice, but its text can be pretty harsh.)
Old July 4th, 2014 (11:22 PM).
Pkmn. Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Maybe the rival's name can be Makoto. Oh, and I can see a lot of progress in those screenshots. They're good lookin.

Old July 4th, 2014 (11:31 PM).
But nothing happened.

Nature: Hasty
I was about to say that gsc font are great but those screenies showing textboxes dont really need the gsc font. They really look good together! Also about the names, it would be cool if the girl was named "sai" and the boy as "ken". Its just a thought though.
|Pokemon FlareRed: Total Reboot!
|
Rom Hacking Beginners Click Here
!
Old July 5th, 2014 (12:17 AM).
someone

I understand that there is no running sprites. But it the animation looks really weird, and if it were me I would take running out entirely. Plus, that would stick to the retro line you're aiming for.

Apart from that... The music is so nostalgic... it's awesome. Hope to see more work from you~
Old July 5th, 2014 (02:11 PM).
A Mad Man in a Box

Quote originally posted by Splash:
I was about to say that gsc font are great but those screenies showing textboxes dont really need the gsc font. They really look good together! Also about the names, it would be cool if the girl was named "sai" and the boy as "ken". Its just a thought though.
These are good suggestion, although they already have names. The name I need is for the rival, but i can consider changing them to yours

Quote originally posted by anaphysik:
Actually, I liked the FRLG text boxes with the GSC maps :/. They meshed well, a good mix of old and new. (And they were easier on the eyes. Gen II graphics always look nice, but its text can be pretty harsh.)
I think just the font is enough, like Splash said. Maybe I can put a download with the FLRG TextBox, when I release the Beta

Quote originally posted by Hitsushiro:
I understand that there is no running sprites. But it the animation looks really weird, and if it were me I would take running out entirely. Plus, that would stick to the retro line you're aiming for.

Apart from that... The music is so nostalgic... it's awesome. Hope to see more work from you~
The running shoes were probably introduced because the proportion of the maps on the 3rd gen is bigger than the 1st/2nd. My maps are based on 3rd gen's proportions, so I think the running shoes fit. Is the animation so weird? I thought it was a bit fast, but nothing too serious. I'll change the Mom's script to give you a choice, take the running shoes or not. What do you think?

Old July 5th, 2014 (03:20 PM).
Banned

I like the textbox it fits the hack so much
Old July 5th, 2014 (03:44 PM).
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
If you would like help from a Grammar Nazi (an imperfect one), then I'd be happy to help ^^

I also support Pokemon Liquid Crystal, Glazed, Fat Kid, Eclipse, Cyan, and TLZ: Sacred Paradox. (These either have large banners or none at all)
DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA. (more banners soon to come... maybe) (hoping that Lilac comes back) DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA.
You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, PokeReject?
Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon. Why yes, yes I did. Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon.

Old July 5th, 2014 (08:32 PM).
someone

Quote originally posted by joltjolteon:
The running shoes were probably introduced because the proportion of the maps on the 3rd gen is bigger than the 1st/2nd. My maps are based on 3rd gen's proportions, so I think the running shoes fit. Is the animation so weird? I thought it was a bit fast, but nothing too serious. I'll change the Mom's script to give you a choice, take the running shoes or not. What do you think?
Yeah that makes sense. Maybe make it so that the player can go back to Mum and choose to take the running shoes, or give them back, if he changes his mind. Also, if you're able to change the running speed somehow (slow it down)... Oh, I didn't mind the way Coolboyman implemented running shoes into Prism. It looked like 'quick walking', wasn't too bad.
Old July 6th, 2014 (05:13 AM).
Life returns. Life prevails.

I don't really mind the running shoes animation. It may seem a bit off just because the 3rd gen running animation has a quicker frame progression.
The "maybe you can turn it off" situation makes so sense to me - just don't push the B button, the original game has already made that easier for you.

Love the new screenies, and the music is absolutely amazing and fits the hack perfectly!
Old July 6th, 2014 (03:16 PM).

Nature: Timid
Amazing hack *_*
She looks like a real GB game
Old July 8th, 2014 (08:45 PM).
A Mad Man in a Box

Quote originally posted by The Riddler:
I don't really mind the running shoes animation. It may seem a bit off just because the 3rd gen running animation has a quicker frame progression.
The "maybe you can turn it off" situation makes so sense to me - just don't push the B button, the original game has already made that easier for you.

Love the new screenies, and the music is absolutely amazing and fits the hack perfectly!
I had another idea involving turning off the running shoes, but i'll keep it to myself until the idea is implemented. I'm sure everyone'll like it, at least the concept haha

Anyway, just a new screenshot today. I inserted cave tiles:

Not an actual map, it was made just to show pretty much all the cave tiles

That was what I primary needed. The only place that I needed to map in order to reach the 1st gym was the cave, so now I can start working on more late scripts, trainer battles and wild pokémon! In other words, we are more close to a beta release! (but don't expect a soon release, i work slowly)

Old July 10th, 2014 (01:05 PM).

This hack looks really nice so far. Liking the mesh of old graphics with a newer battle system.

On another note, that intro about piracy sounds sorta weird to me. Shouldn't it be profiteering since you don't want people to profit from selling illegal copies of this hack?
Old July 11th, 2014 (04:17 AM).
someone

Vote for POKéMON: Saiken Version in the HotM vote here!

(It's against the rules for you to ask people to vote for your hack, but I don't see anything about someone letting people know about the vote, hehe...)
Old July 11th, 2014 (03:58 PM).
A Mad Man in a Box

Quote originally posted by Hitsushiro:
Vote for POKéMON: Saiken Version in the HotM vote here!

(It's against the rules for you to ask people to vote for your hack, but I don't see anything about someone letting people know about the vote, hehe...)
Haha, thanks. This really makes me happy, although mine will not win, since all the other hacks looks awesome too

Old July 11th, 2014 (09:16 PM).
The Storm of Friendship

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Astraea
The graphics looks good for a gsc game. I would look forward to its release. Looking good. Good luck, go for it

'There is no age for evolution, when it comes to evolving yourself into a better person'
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)