• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cards?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Do you collect or play any trading card games?

I've played a bit of Yu-Gi-Oh when I was younger but now I really get an enjoyment out of collecting the cards I like seeing what new monsters they have and seeing if they receive any support magic or trap cards.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I have collected three different trading card games over the years. The first one I collected was the Pokemon trading card game, but I stopped collecting those cards somewhere before the first EX series. The second one I collected was Yu-Gi-Oh! I collected those cards until I acquired the Dark Magician Girl card. The search for that particular card took me years. Currently, I collect Magic: The Gathering cards, which I started collecting last month.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have Pokemon Cards (as the most of the people here =D)
And I also have some YGO cards I bought last year but it's not like when I was collecting Pokemon cards...
I'm proud of my Sacred Beasts cards, though =D

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Currently, im not into any kind of card game, but not because of a lack of interest, rather because i find it extremely difficult to find anyone to play with...In the past ive collected Pokemon Cards, but only for a short time, and Yu-Gi-Oh!. The latter was a pretty big thing, since i was in middle school at that time and everyone had a Deck to play with. We would spend the whole recess battling and trading with each other, which was great. I would love to get back into it, probably the Pokemon TGC, but its kinda hard if you have no one to trade or battle with...

Years
Do online TCGs count? Not based on actual games or series, but I was in a phase of TCGs involving certain interests and the cards were digital; you'd have to have a website and display them for other members. Aside from that, I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh, but my collection was never impressive because didn't take it seriously back then. It was just a favourite past time my cousin and I would engage in whenever we were bored :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I was into Pokémon TCG when I was younger, but then realized how much money I had actually spent under it and stopped keeping up. xD" This year, I got back into it. There's a lot of things that I need to learn about, though. Aside from that, I also used to be a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh cards, but quit purchasing due to money-related reasons, as I've said before.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Oh my, I used to have so many Pokemon Cards and Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

I literally had a garbage bag full of them. Yes, a garbage bag. We gave them all away to Good Will. I had a few cards that I considered "Rare" But I have no Idea where they are now :/

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I got Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, World of Warcraft & Vanguard cards :)

I play Yu-Gi-Oh a lot since I started playing since I was like 9 years old and I'm a experienced player who went into regionals.

Pokemon, I just restarted recently and the game's meta pretty much changed since I first started which was like 7 years old xD. I wanna become competitive in it like I am in Yu-Gi-Oh, but I still gotta get more experience with it and I gotta find a deck that competes with the current meta.

World of Warcraft, me and my friends just play casually and I got 2 PvE decks that does good against premade dungeon decks. Wich I prefer over PvP :P. Sad thing is that the TCG died ever since Blizzard launched Heartstone, which is basically an online WoW TCG game which is a bit different from the irl WoW TCG but still remains the same concept.

Vanguard... I started late compared to my friends but we don't really play anymore haha. If we DO play, it would be like once in a blue moon.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I'm kinda collecting Yugioh cards, kinda not. For me it's just the sensation of opening packs that pulls me back in. I know how to play the game adequately, but they release new cards so fast, not to mention introducing new mechanics that I kinda lost interest in dueling. But every once in a while I'll buy some packs to feel the rush. I have a pretty decent sized collection. Not sure if/when I want to let it go.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
Years
I have Yugioh and Pokemon cards. I believe I also have 5 or so Duel Monsters cards. My Yugioh collection is also a lot more extensive than my Pokemon one, even though I haven't bought new ones in years. The art on these is really stunning, when you consider how many they are.

As for competitive, I have two decent decks (Yugioh), and went to a couple tournaments with them. Haven't been to any in a while, but I doubt I'd do well.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I used to duel a bit with a Yu-Gi-Oh dargon deck when I was younger. Won all the time against my friends, but whenever I went to a local tournament I always lost on the first round, I wasn't that great aha.

I also used to have Pokemon cards, but not many kids on my area did except one girl, and we used to battle with each other all the time. Probably the best memories of my childhood.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I used to be a semi-competitive Yu-Gi-Oh! player. I quit, though, after numerous bad experiences with the community. That, and my deck got stolen at locals.

I also used to play Pokemon as a little kid. With that, I just sort of lost interest because no one else played the game.

Back