Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: What do you think of me adding a new type?
It's good, it balances the game better. 19 79.17%
Meh, I don't really like the idea. 5 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 8th, 2014 (05:40 PM). Edited March 16th, 2014 by ~Justified~.
~Justified~
~Working On A New Rom Hack~

Nature: Brave

Introduction:
Spoiler:
Pokemon Eon Version is a ROM Hack (Obviously) of Pokemon Firered Version. My goal with this game is to create an interesting story and environment filled with unique characters and a fun experience for the players. This game uses the original tiles of Pokemon Firered to maintain the GBA feel, while adding some new features from Generation 4/5 games. The story is set in a fictional region called "Onnis" and follows the journey of a Pokemon trainer who has left home in order to pursue his dreams. More information about the story can be found below.

Storyline:
Spoiler:
You are a young trainer who has just left home to set out on a journey and pursue his dreams. Your father sends you off with encouraging words and you go on your way. You start your journey. Throughout the game you meet many friends, foes, and Pokemon. The player soon uncovers a sinister plot by an evil organization called "Team Bright Sun", and must save the legendary Pokemon before these cruel people get a chance to claim them. During their quest, the player learns that they are part of a prophecy that involves the legendary Pokemon Latias and Latios, who return to the Onnis region every 500 years to deliver hope and peace to the region's inhabitants.

The legendary Pokemon for this game are Latios and Latias, both of which are catchable in the game.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Bugs:
Spoiler:
-Sometimes the battle backgrounds are wrong (E.x A grass battle background in a cave)
-Sometimes the Overworld Sprites dissapear, to fix this just take another step towards them and they should reappear
-Sometimes the fade screen will be blue instead of black or white

Credits:
ShadowGreninja-Director & Project Lead
NzFury-Rom Base

Features:

Spoiler:

-Unique and Interesting Story
Explore a New Region, Meet New Characters, and See Lots of Different Pokemon! Includes appearences from canon characters as well.

-New Moves and Some Gen 4 Pokemon!

-Catch Many Pokemon
Not Only Are the Most Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn Available, but Many Sinnoh Pokemon Have Been Added as Well!

-Physical, Special, and Status Split
The Split Added to the Moves to Improve Variety and Gameplay In Generation 4 Has Been Added Here!

-Trade Evolutions Removed!
No More Trading to Evolve Pokemon! For a List of How to Evolve Them Now, See the Evolution Changes Section.

-No More Mono-Type Gyms!
Gyms are no longer based on types, they are now based on stats! That's right, all gyms (excluding the first) specialize in stats, for example, Gym 8 is the speed gym, so it specializes in fast Pokemon, however, the first gym uses only baby pokemon. The Elite Four use a group of types.

-Increased Difficulty!
The Pokemon Games Have Never Really Been Challenging, Other Than a Few Battles Here and There...This Game Increases the Difficulty, Making it a More Challenging Experience, but not too hard!

Type Effectiveness Changes:
-Water is now weak to Poison
-Poison is now normally effective against Ground/Ghost, but still maintains its ground weakness[/SPOILER]

Userbars:
John 15:13

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Looking For:
Anyone willing to help with the game.
Pokemon Team Building Guide
Old March 8th, 2014 (10:21 PM).
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed
Oh this looks pretty good. You never see hacks where the main legendarys are Latias and Latios. This'll be an interesting one, looking forward to more progress. Also since Eevee is the starter will all of the Eeveelutions be available? I also just noticed that the name of the hack is Pokemon Eon and I'm guessing you got the name from the Eon Ticket that is available in RSE to catch either Latias or Latios. That userbar is so going in my signature. :D

Old March 8th, 2014 (10:47 PM).
Near~
The End is Near...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Near~
Anothet hack with latios and latias
These hacks are unique and This one looks great and one question are you planning to change the graphics? Because I would like to see this hack with defaults *-* Now days hacks are simply judged by graphics but this one is great and I can see it become popular with defaults good luck

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 8th, 2014 (10:52 PM).
chiefjeef
Hero Of Time

Send a message via Skype™ to chiefjeef
fresh and new hack with the lovable latios and latias i can tell this will be good
Old March 9th, 2014 (01:13 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Why Do Red Colored NPCs Talk Like This With Capital Letters Everytime while blue NPCs talk normally?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 9th, 2014 (09:20 AM). Edited March 15th, 2014 by DrFuji.
~Justified~

Quote originally posted by Al3X:
Oh this looks pretty good. You never see hacks where the main legendarys are Latias and Latios. This'll be an interesting one, looking forward to more progress. Also since Eevee is the starter will all of the Eeveelutions be available? I also just noticed that the name of the hack is Pokemon Eon and I'm guessing you got the name from the Eon Ticket that is available in RSE to catch either Latias or Latios. That userbar is so going in my signature. :D
Thanks!:) and Yeah Im planning on adding Glaceon and Leafeon as well, maybe even Sylveon if I can get the Fairy type in and good job, you're the first person to notice how I got the name! ^_^

Quote originally posted by SynBit:
Anothet hack with latios and latias :)
These hacks are unique and This one looks great and one question are you planning to change the graphics? Because I would like to see this hack with defaults *-* Now days hacks are simply judged by graphics but this one is great and I can see it become popular with defaults :) good luck
Thanks! I'll be keeping the original tiles, because I think they look good with this game and personally I think a game can be great with any tileset ^_^ Thanks for the support!:)

Quote originally posted by Satoshi Ookami:
Why Do Red Colored NPCs Talk Like This With Capital Letters Everytime while blue NPCs talk normally?
Sorry about that, a proofreading error on my part lol I'll be fixing those before the first beta release!:)

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Looking For:
Old March 9th, 2014 (10:44 AM).
Saraku

Nature: Calm
Oh, a hack with the legendaries Lati@s? Nice! They ARE my favorite, after all.

I think this hack has a great potential. Can't wai for screenshots and first beta! Good luck!
Old March 9th, 2014 (01:38 PM).
MathPikachu

I've never played a hack with the Lati twins as the main legendaries! They are easily my favorites. This looks promising; I'll be eagerly awaiting the beta release!
Old March 9th, 2014 (09:17 PM).
Sniper
ヘッド·ショット

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Sniper
This looks great. Why is the region called Onnis? Are you gonna change the hero's sprite?

Suck at inserting tiles? Check out my fr rombases
Old March 11th, 2014 (03:34 PM). Edited March 11th, 2014 by karatekid552.
~Justified~

Quote originally posted by V.V:
This looks great. Why is the region called Onnis? Are you gonna change the hero's sprite?
That'll be revealed later.... **Suspenseful Music** lol
and the trainer's sprites will be trained later on, most likely before the first beta

Quote originally posted by Saraku:
Oh, a hack with the legendaries Lati@s? Nice! They ARE my favorite, after all.

I think this hack has a great potential. Can't wai for screenshots and first beta! Good luck!
Thanks!:D Some screenshots are uploaded in the screenshots section, I'll be adding more soon! Beta will probably be ready within a few days, just finishing up a few towns and stuff. The first beta will be quite short, but the second beta will be much longer

Quote originally posted by MathPikachu:
I've never played a hack with the Lati twins as the main legendaries! They are easily my favorites. This looks promising; I'll be eagerly awaiting the beta release!
As they are mine!:D Beta will be released soon!

**PLEASE READ**
If the majority of the votes are against the new type, I will probably remove it.
Just wanted everyone to know that if they don't like it, they can say something here and vote in the poll so I get some feedback.

I added a new feature to the Features Section if anyone's interested
in checking it out

Ok Everyone Important Information Regarding the ROM Hack Is Listed Below

Due to a problem with the ROM, I have had to restart my progress on this game with a new rom, thus delaying the beta release. I'm still going to try to release it in 1-2 weeks, but I need to get everything in order and ensure there are no mistakes made on this new rom.

Thanks for the support, sorry for any inconvenience. Beta will be released soon.

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Looking For:
Old March 11th, 2014 (04:54 PM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

I seriously love your mapping style; the maps that you have in your screenshots look pretty fun to explore. :] Also, your scripts so far look very top-notch. Scripting is one the hardest parts when it comes to hacking ROM, in my opinion, so it's really impressive how well you're doing in terms of that. Doing worry about releasing beta; take your time, and do it slowly!
Old March 12th, 2014 (12:18 PM).
~Justified~

Quote originally posted by Peitharchia:
I seriously love your mapping style; the maps that you have in your screenshots look pretty fun to explore. :] Also, your scripts so far look very top-notch. Scripting is one the hardest parts when it comes to hacking ROM, in my opinion, so it's really impressive how well you're doing in terms of that. Doing worry about releasing beta; take your time, and do it slowly!
Thanks!:D I've had to teach myself some scripting, and it gets really confusing at times, but I've figured out how to work through it. I had a major bug with the game which I'm still kind of stuck on, I may have to restart the hack, but will definitely still keep it the same if I do, just trying to debug right now so I don't have to do that.

Thanks for the support, it means a lot!

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Looking For:
Old March 14th, 2014 (09:48 AM).
tankNZ

Thanks for sharing this, looks like a pretty good hack.
Old March 19th, 2014 (06:18 PM).
~Justified~

Is there any way a moderator would be able to close this until I ask for it to be opened again? I've had to restart my game and I need extra time, and leaving the thread open honestly makes me feel rushed (even if no one is commenting).

Pokemon Rom Hacker
Looking For:
Old March 19th, 2014 (07:21 PM).
Astraea
I'll be back soon....

Send a message via Skype™ to Astraea
Ask the Mods to close it, they would reopen it whenever you would ask them to.
Old March 20th, 2014 (11:41 AM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Closed at owner's request.

~karatekid552

Paired with Simba
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links