Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 16th, 2014 (11:47 AM).
DarkBlazing Groudon

Nature: Brave
I don't know if this has been posted before, but after your victory against Jessie and James some creepy things happen: the screen looks like it is distorted (it happens when Jessie and James are leaving the map) and instead of James there's a down arrow now. But luckily it didn't freeze the game, the screen goes back to normal when you fly to another place for example six island.

Old March 21st, 2014 (04:08 PM).
igor4273

I made an account just to post this. Great mod btw huge fan. Only problem I've encountered is 6th island is really buggy down by where you fight jessie and james. If you run into a wild pokemon in the grass and they are on your screen, you'll take control of them in a 2x2 box radius you cannot walk out of and only flying away fixes the state but it happens every time. When you finally get to fight them, afterwords it glitches pretty bad and you have to fly away. Also, the wild pokemon in the surf area above cinnabar island before the dead end are still low level. One more thing, way earlier in the game, i had that same problem in lavender town in the pokemon tower - that one square is buggy on the 3rd (?) lvl i believe. I saw someone mentioned it in a post before. Other than that, great game!

The fun part came when I had to figure out how to convert 64k flash save states to 128K
Old March 25th, 2014 (01:50 PM).
JHawkInc

Been playing this recently, a lot of fun, I like the challenge, and being able to get all the Pokemon, but I have one question.

Where the hell is Shuckle? I can't find one for the life of me, and I'm running out of other things to do, haha.
Old March 27th, 2014 (04:55 PM).
igor4273

I found another issue. I caught Mew the proper way in top left corner of cerulean cave, same floor as mewtwo, but it won't obey me.
Old March 29th, 2014 (03:36 AM).
Mithie

Quote originally posted by Tyrannitar50:
I don't know if this question has been asked but who's going to upgrade your pokedex to the national mode?
I'm also wondering about this.

I've played for about 1 hour, and the Pokedex only updates when I catch one of the original 150 pokemon (not the other generations). Is the pokedex going to automatically update with the pokemon I have caught from the other generations when I get the national pokedex?
Old March 29th, 2014 (12:20 PM).
igor4273

Found another issue. The pokemon in the Green Path on 6th Island are still low level.
Old March 31st, 2014 (05:17 PM).
JHawkInc

Quote originally posted by Mithie:
I'm also wondering about this.

I've played for about 1 hour, and the Pokedex only updates when I catch one of the original 150 pokemon (not the other generations). Is the pokedex going to automatically update with the pokemon I have caught from the other generations when I get the national pokedex?
60+ types of Pokemon caught, beat the Elite Four. Same as the original game, though in this hack it'd be beneficial if you could get it much sooner than that.

Just an FYI, once you get the National Dex, it DOES update to whatever you've already caught. Thankfully.
Old April 24th, 2014 (05:42 AM).
Gawerty
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I finally beat the elite four on Expert Emerald, so now I can give this a try... This seems like it will be even better, thanks!
Old May 4th, 2014 (05:14 AM).
Allbis

Hey. First of all, wonderful hack, I've enjoyed every second of it...Up until fighting the Elite four. I don't know if it's a bug on my end or I've done something wrong, but after the credits, the game brings me back to a new game. Any ideas how to fix this?
Old May 19th, 2014 (09:54 PM). Edited May 19th, 2014 by sk8erpro.
sk8erpro

Quote originally posted by jmc:
Hi, I'm trying to catch all 386 in this game, but I can't find Shuckle. Is it included in this game?
Same problem here. I can't find Shuckle. Is it include in the game but not in the location files?
Old June 3rd, 2014 (03:51 AM).
Blue
endless
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
An alternative patch has been released using sprites from Pokémon Black and White replacing the original sprites from FRLG, there are still 386 Pokémon. Special thanks to The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource for allowing this to be done.

Can be downloaded here, or found at the attachment on the first page.
Old June 4th, 2014 (01:41 AM).
RaileysXerilyasRX
Impressive. Most impressive.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to RaileysXerilyasRX
Kuryente, Pechay, XD found one of your screenshots. I'm from Philippines by the way.
Old June 11th, 2014 (11:29 AM).
Ckav96

Nature: Adamant
Cat
Are you aware that all the Pokemon from the third generation have sprites that are half cut out when in battle, this only applies from the version with the new sprites, is there a way to fix this as it is very irritating?
Old June 22nd, 2014 (10:40 AM). Edited June 24th, 2014 by Sakiko123.
Sakiko123

Nature: Careful
I started with a Clamperl and I know it evolves into two different Pokemon with one of two different items attached prior to being traded. Either the deepseascale or deepseatooth.
With the new evolution system, do these items work like the stones or is there a different method to evolution? Are the evolutions gender based?
It would be helpful to know how the new evolution system works in the first post instead of having people guess. Just a suggestion.
Old June 22nd, 2014 (10:52 AM).
Blazikong

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Azure:
Congratulations, you just made my day! I might play this.
Old July 5th, 2014 (05:25 AM).
DutchyFly69
PokeTuber

Does this hack have the physical/special split? Can't find it saying so anywhere.
Old July 8th, 2014 (03:45 AM).
Sickalex1743

Nature: Calm
Star playing with trapinch and boy ima having a hard time XD but other than that having fun.
The flowers bloom, then wither... The stars shine and one day become extinct. This earth, the sun, the galaxies and even the big universe, someday will be destroyed. Compared with that, the human life is only a blink, just a little time. In that short time - people are born, laugh, cry, fight, are injured, feel joy, sadness, hate someone, love someone. All in just a moment. And then, are embraced by the eternal sleep called death.
Old July 9th, 2014 (07:18 PM).
tnguitarist89

guys i can't find shuckle for anything. I caught 385/386 and i did like 2 hours of constant rock smashing.

i can't find shuckle for anything.
Old July 14th, 2014 (03:53 AM).
FlutterShy10

How To Open It??? I Tried VBA Can't ind The File
Old July 14th, 2014 (04:26 AM).
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Quote originally posted by FlutterShy10:
How To Open It??? I Tried VBA Can't ind The File
Did you unzip the .rar file? If not, then you might need Win.rar or 7zip

DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA. (more banners soon to come... maybe) (hoping that Lilac comes back) DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA.
You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, PokeReject?
Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon. Why yes, yes I did. Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon.

Old July 14th, 2014 (06:38 AM). Edited July 14th, 2014 by FlutterShy10.
FlutterShy10

How?? How to unzip??????????
Old July 14th, 2014 (03:32 PM).
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Quote originally posted by FlutterShy10:
How?? How to unzip??????????
My previous post listed 2 free programs you can use to unzip the file. You should probably keep one of those programs, as they'll be useful in the long run when downloading hack patches.

DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA. (more banners soon to come... maybe) (hoping that Lilac comes back) DFTBA DFTBA DFTBA.
You joined for ROM Hacking, didn't you, PokeReject?
Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon. Why yes, yes I did. Pokemon is life. Life is Pokemon.

Old July 29th, 2014 (07:09 AM).
thinor

Nature: Jolly
how to start the game pokemon fire red generations. whenever i try to start something shows up.plz help
Old July 30th, 2014 (09:27 AM).
JKDLe

Is shuckle in the game??
I cant find him.
Pokedex shows no location
and he's not mentioned in the locations.rtf

Others seem to have problems finding him as well
Will this be fixed or will I never be able to complete my Pokedex
Old August 16th, 2014 (12:48 PM).
masterbinkie
Mirror Dragon

Nature: Bashful
Patched the game using Lunar IPS, didn't work when I loaded it up though.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links