• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Down Under: Ground-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Which Ground-type is the best to use defensively?
For me, it would be Hippowdon. Its health is massive, and so are its defenses. It's got access to a ton of useful moves, too, with one being Slack Off. With this, it could recover itself whenever it wishes. :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024

464.gif
Rhyperior with Solid Rock and an Assault Vest... nasty :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Defensively, I think Groudon is. Big and tough-skinned. Not only is his offensive moves great, but his ability to withstand punishment for a long time makes him great to use in battle.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

464.gif
Rhyperior with Solid Rock and an Assault Vest... nasty :)

I've tried using Rhyperior before, and it just wasn't that great, sadly. That was before generation six, though, when Assault Vest wasn't available. xD" I might try again some other time, but with Assault Vest. This item's supposed to increase its Special Defense if I'm not mistaken, so it should be able to perform better.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I have yet to get an Assault Vest (due to all the breeding), but I do want to get a Rhyperior bred and test it out... maybe I'll try that website (showdown?) first.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Username: Wicked3DS
Parnter Pokémon:
330.gif

I'm actually going to go with Swampert. It's defensive stats aren't too bad and it only has one weakness, so it can stand up to a fair bit and not have to worry about getting hit too hard except by a Grass-type move.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: Wicked3DS
Parnter Pokémon:
330.gif

I'm actually going to go with Swampert. It's defensive stats aren't too bad and it only has one weakness, so it can stand up to a fair bit and not have to worry about getting hit too hard except by a Grass-type move.

Welcome to the club. Flygon is cool. What made you choose him? I have a hard time using Flygon in battle, it's move set is all over the place. Swampert is a pain to take down with only having one weakness and being the fortress that it is. He's still awesome though.

Wicked3DS

Years
Welcome to the club. Flygon is cool. What made you choose him? I have a hard time using Flygon in battle, it's move set is all over the place. Swampert is a pain to take down with only having one weakness and being the fortress that it is. He's still awesome though.

I enjoy using Flygon because of its diverse moveset and I really like its design as well. Swampert is pretty awesome because it has a decent moveset as well and it can make really good use of it.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I enjoy using Flygon because of its diverse moveset and I really like its design as well. Swampert is pretty awesome because it has a decent moveset as well and it can make really good use of it.

What move set is ideal for Flygon? I can never get him to last long on the battlefield with the one I give him.

Wicked3DS

Years
In-game I run Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Stone Edge and Crunch, which works well with its good Attack stat.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If it were me, I would go with Outrage, U-Turn, Earthquake, and Fire Punch. I'd make this Pokémon hold onto Choice Band, so that when it runs into a wall, it'd have less trouble taking it down. For EVs, I would use 252 Attack, 252 Speed, and 4 Special Defense. :p

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I have decided to join this club
Preferred Usernme: Judge Mandolore Shepard
Partner Pokemon: Krookodile

What is the best Ground type to use defensively?: I have considered Steelix to be the best when used defensively. One reason is that its body is harder than diamonds.

Favorite Ground type move?: When it comes to favorite ground type moves, my favorites are Earthquake, Fissure, and Bulldoze. They are all very powerful moves.

Favorite Ground type Pokemon?: Krookodile is my favorite ground type Pokemon. It is one Pokemon that has been very familiar among the Pokemon on my teams in White and White 2.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I have decided to join this club
Preferred Usernme: Judge Mandolore Shepard
Partner Pokemon: Krookodile

What is the best Ground type to use defensively?: I have considered Steelix to be the best when used defensively. One reason is that its body is harder than diamonds.

Favorite Ground type move?: When it comes to favorite ground type moves, my favorites are Earthquake, Fissure, and Bulldoze. They are all very powerful moves.

Favorite Ground type Pokemon?: Krookodile is my favorite ground type Pokemon. It is one Pokemon that has been very familiar among the Pokemon on my teams in White and White 2.

Welcome to the club. Krookodile is an awesome choice, a solid fighter and has an awesome design too. Steelix would be one of my picks for best defensive Ground-type, he is immune to Poison and to Sandstorm, being both Steel and Ground. Takes a lot to knock him out. I love using Earthquake out of any Ground move, does the job when the chips are down (unless you're against a Flying-type).

Years
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Marowak
Answer the current topic

Which ground-type is the best to use defensively? Garchomp! It has amazing defences and it can hit really hard in return.
Favorite Ground-type Pokémon? Marowak
Favorite Ground-type move? Earthquake
Why do you like/love Ground-type Pokémon? I love the fact that they can be really bulky and they can hit quite hard aswell.
Which Ground-type has the best design? Marowak and Cubone.
What type would you love to see paired with Ground that hasn't been done before and why? Maybe electric.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Marowak
Answer the current topic

Which ground-type is the best to use defensively? Garchomp! It has amazing defences and it can hit really hard in return.
Favorite Ground-type Pokémon? Marowak
Favorite Ground-type move? Earthquake
Why do you like/love Ground-type Pokémon? I love the fact that they can be really bulky and they can hit quite hard aswell.
Which Ground-type has the best design? Marowak and Cubone.
What type would you love to see paired with Ground that hasn't been done before and why? Maybe electric.

Welcome to the club. Marowak is awesome, but the story behind him/her is sad. I like using Marowak's bone-related moves, mostly Bone Rush because of its multiple hits. Garchomp is a tough one, Rough Skin plus its power moves make it hard to contend with. Ground/Electric has been done once, with Stunfisk.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I really wish Sandslash could have Rough Skin as an alternate ability. Sand Rush is cool and all, but I don't want a Sand Storm team.

Also, Sand Veil is banned in a certain PvP community.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Speaking of Sandslash, I think this one could definitely use an evolution. When it does, perhaps it could be resembling Dragonite, but only with spiky hair on its back instead of wings, and sharp claws? Maybe it could be a combination of dragon and ground. :]

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hm... well, if it somehow wound up getting Thick Fat ability, it should be much of an issue. n_n;; Would have been a plus if it's gotten access to fire-type moves, too, such as Fire Punch, Flare Blitz, and maybe Blaze Kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back