Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 8th, 2014 (10:06 PM).
CrazyElectrode

I went back to the store that had the cards on sale, and I bought the rest of the Plasma blast packs they had left witch was 15 packs, and here were the rares I pulled.

Masquerain
Accelgor
Suicune
Carracosta x2
Drifblim x2
Azelf
Reuniclus
Machamp
machamp Holo Rare
Esclavier
Haxorus Holo Rare x2
Cradily........ Reverse Holo
Volcarona........ Reverse Holo
Mesprit........ Reverse Holo

and Finally......... Dialga Full Art

Well the pulls were alright, i love the full art Dialga , Volcarona, Suicune, Machamp, and Esclavier, though I didnt care for the Masquarain or Haxorus though. For being on sale though, it was pretty good.
Old March 9th, 2014 (12:52 PM).
Maserati777

So yesterday I went to Target and noticed they had a bunch of 2012 Fall tins out, I had bought a Mewtwo in the past but wanted to get Rayquaza and Darkrai.

I didn't get them, but then today I went back and they had been picked over, there was only one Rayquaza tin left.

My rares in the Rayquaza tin

Tornadus Full Art #3
Volcarona
Infernape
Togekiss Reverse
Zapdos Ex

So 2 ex's and a holo in one tin.

My rares in the Darkrai tin Bisharp, Uxie, Skarmory, Sharpedo rev and Braviary.
Old March 9th, 2014 (04:40 PM).
CrazyElectrode

I also went to target and got 5 plasma blast booster packs. Here is the rares I pulled.
Suicune........ reverse Holo
Froslass
kyurem EX
golurk Holo rare
Reuniclus
Porygon Z holo Rare
Masterball......... What i think is a Reverse Holo witch is pretty cool.

for only 5 packs these were really good pulls. I really like pretty much everything that I got for rares, except for maybe the frosslass, but that is still a pretty good pull as I dont have one yet. My favorite card this time is the masterball, just a great card with almost no drawbacks.
Old March 11th, 2014 (02:49 PM).
CrazyElectrode

Well, here are 5 more plasma blast packs.

Rares
-Uxie
-Mesprit Holo Rare
-Accelgor
-Cradily
-Carracosta
-Escavalier Reverse Holo

Well with these 5 packs, that puts me up to 1 pack short of a booster box worth. Over all the pulls from these 5 packs were ok, nothing to special, though I really like the Reverse holo Escavalier, seeing how much I like Metal types in the card game.
Old March 11th, 2014 (04:36 PM). Edited March 12th, 2014 by Maserati777.
Maserati777

Got some packs from Walmart today

I got a 3 pack with a Storm, Blast and HSUndaunted pack

My rares were Sharpedo, Mespirit Holo and Scizor Holo from HSUndaunted

Then I got a Deoxys Tin, I got a Kingdra Holo, Suicune, Haxorus Holo, Porygon Z Rev, Druddigon Rev and a Lugia Ex

I also got 4 XY packs, nothing to note except Furfrou and Gourgeist Rev.

I also got 5 Plasma Blast packs and again nothing to note except a Haxorus Rev and a Sigilyph Holo.

New cards include Haxorus Holo, Haxorus Rev(Didn't get either of these in the booster box/numerous packs), Lugia Ex, Furfrou, Sigilyph, Gourgeist Rev, Druddigon Rev and all of the Undaunted cards even though I don't collect them I do keep one pack from any set I don't collect so glad it was this one. I'm contemplating getting another Booster box, if I did it would probably either be Next Destinies, Plasma Storm, Dargons Exalted or another Plasma Blast.
Old March 13th, 2014 (09:04 PM).
CrazyElectrode

Well I went back to the store that had the cards on sale and they had 9 more plasma blast packs avaiable, so i bought them and here is what I pulled. This will be my last time buying plasma blast packs btw, so here is hopeing I get something good.

Here are the rares.
Mesprit reverse
Azelf Reverse
Masquerain Reverse
Volcaronia Reverse
Frosslass Reverse

Frosslass X2
Volcaronia
Blastoise Holo Rare
uxie
machamp Holo Rare
Houndoom Holo Rare
reuniclus
and the final pack of plasma blast I pulled........palkaia Ex

Well for being the final round of plasma blast packs that I will buy, I pulled pretty good cards here. Really like the blastoise, Houndoom, Volcaronia, Frosslass Reverse and of course, the Palkia Ex.

now for a overall review of all my pulls from this set. i pulled a total of 1 Full art card, Dialgia: 3 Ex cards, Jarachi Ex, Palkia Ex, and kyruim ex, I pulled 1 Ace Spec card, masterball, and all of those cards are incredible, jarachi in my opinion is the weakest of them all though and kinda hard to use, for being an ex that is.

Here is the stuff I never pulled, Excludeing Full arts and Ultra Rares that is.Virizon Ex, Genesect Rare, geneseet Ex, Wartortle uncommon, Elektross Holo Rare, Aggron Rare, Salamance Holo Rare, Daliga Ex, G Booster Ace Spec, G scope Ace Spec, and Scoop Up Cyclone Ace Spec. Really confused as to why I never pulled a Wartortle, and I really would of liked to pull some kind of Genesect as well.
Old March 14th, 2014 (12:42 PM).
Maserati777

Got a Xerneas tin and got an Yveltal ex, I have two full arts but was looking for the regular version. Also got a Blastoise Holo and an Emolga full art from the LT.
Old March 16th, 2014 (05:17 PM).
DarkRaichu80

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkRaichu80
Was at my local conventoin, Planet Comicon, and bought 5 packs of EX Power Keepers:

Pack 1:
Rare Omastar
Reverse Holo Zangoose

Pack 2:
Shiftry EX
Reverse Holo Root Fossil HP 40

Pack 3:
Salamence EX
Reverse Holo Pichu

Pack 4:
Rare Pichu
Reverse Holo Charmander

Pack 5:
Rare Blaziken
Reverse Holo Water Energy
Old March 16th, 2014 (06:15 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

My XY pack count without an EX is up to 30 now after buying the Xerneas and Yveltal tins as well as the pin blister packs of those two.

Xerneas tin did give me an Ace Spec and Victini EX, though, and the Yveltal tin did give me another Ace Spec and a full art Emolga. Both of the Ace Spec ones were the Genesect onces, mind.
Old March 16th, 2014 (10:47 PM).
Wobbu
Silt Sunrise

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by DarkRaichu80:
Was at my local conventoin, Planet Comicon, and bought 5 packs of EX Power Keepers:

Spoiler:
Pack 1:
Rare Omastar
Reverse Holo Zangoose

Pack 2:
Shiftry EX
Reverse Holo Root Fossil HP 40

Pack 3:
Salamence EX
Reverse Holo Pichu

Pack 4:
Rare Pichu
Reverse Holo Charmander

Pack 5:
Rare Blaziken
Reverse Holo Water Energy
It's always nice when you find an ex series booster containing an ex card during this time, especially 2 out of 5 :D
Quote originally posted by donavannj:
My XY pack count without an EX is up to 30 now
Is that normal? D:
Old March 17th, 2014 (05:41 AM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote originally posted by Wobbu:
Is that normal? D:
I'm pretty sure it's not, haha.
Old March 17th, 2014 (02:01 PM).
DarkRaichu80

Bought an Xerneas tin:

Plasma Blast:
Rare Escavalier
Ace Spec G Scope

Legendary Treasures:
Thundurus Holo

XY: (1)
Rare Dugtrio
Reverse Holo Grumpig (rare)

XY: (2)
Rare Vivillon (holo)
Reverse Holo Zoroark (rare)

Kinda blah pulls but at least nabbed an Ace Spec and the reverse holos were rares.
Old March 18th, 2014 (04:34 PM). Edited March 19th, 2014 by Maserati777.
Maserati777

Went to Target and Walmart and got two Tins and 8 XY packs and something happened to me that I didn't think was possible, like one in a million.

Decided to give Darkrai another chance, my rares were a Scoop Up Cyclone Ace spec, Metagrosss Rev, and the rest were Non-holo rares. So probably won't get anymore of these.

The Yveltal Tin was more interesting, I got a Keldeo Ex and a Cobalion Rev in Legendary Treasures, also a Master Ball Ace Spec which was the only ace spec I was missing from Plasma Blast. But this wasn't the interesting part.

My commons in the first XY pack were ...... My uncommons were Volbeat, Shauna, Whirlipede, Fairy Garden, Delcatty, Diggersby Rev, Team Flare Grunt, Braixen and Evosoda and my rare was Simipour. Yes, I got 9 Uncommons and 1 Rare. My second time getting 4 trainers in one pack, 1st time getting 4 non holo trainers. I got my Xerneas Tin there and this didn't happen. I actually didn't notice at first, I skimmed through them as I usually do and noticed a trainer second in the pack and thought I did the trick wrong, but thought I was crazy for a minute, then relooked and checked each rating. I thought I didn't get a rare at all for a minute, very strange.

My rare in the second pack was Grumpig and my uncommons were Diggersby, Kakuna, Fairy Garden, Sableye, Corsola, Whirlipede Rev, Super Potion, Quilladin and Evosoda.
So from XY I got 18 uncommons in one XY tin.

In the 8 XY packs my rares

1. Arbok
2. Emolga Ex #2
3. Rhyperior
4. Gogoat
5. Conkeldurr, Aromatisse Rev
6. Starmie, Tauros Rev
7. Swellow
8. Xerneas Ex #2 and Greninja Rev
Old March 19th, 2014 (07:49 AM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote originally posted by Maserati777:
Went to Target and Walmart and got two Tins and 8 XY packs and something happened to me that I didn't think was possible, like one in a million.

Decided to give Darkrai another chance, my rares were a Scoop Up Cyclone Ace spec, Metagrosss Rev, and the rest were Non-holo rares. So probably won't get anymore of these.

The Yveltal Tin was more interesting, I got a Keldeo Ex and a Cobalion Rev in Legendary Treasures, also a Master Ball Ace Spec which was the only ace spec I was missing from Plasma Blast. But this wasn't the interesting part.

My commons in the first XY pack were ...... My uncommons were Volbeat, Shauna, Whirlipede, Fairy Garden, Delcatty, Diggersby Rev, Team Flare Grunt, Braixen and Evosoda and my rare was Simipour. Yes, I got 9 Uncommons and 1 Rare. My second time getting 4 Uncommons in one pack, 1st time getting 4 non holo uncommons. I got my Xerneas Tin there and this didn't happen. I actually didn't notice at first, I skimmed through them as I usually do and noticed a trainer second in the pack and thought I did the trick wrong, but thought I was crazy for a minute, then relooked and checked each rating. I thought I didn't get a rare at all for a minute, very strange.

My rare in the second pack was Grumpig and my uncommons were Diggersby, Kakuna, Fairy Garden, Sableye, Corsola, Whirlipede Rev, Super Potion, Quilladin and Evosoda.
So from XY I got 18 uncommons in one XY tin.

In the 8 XY packs my rares

1. Arbok
2. Emolga Ex #2
3. Rhyperior
4. Gogoat
5. Conkeldurr, Aromatisse Rev
6. Starmie, Tauros Rev
7. Swellow
8. Xerneas Ex #2 and Greninja Rev
That is a ridiculously odd pack you had there for your first XY pack of this group. 9 uncommons? Was the line crew sleeping on the job? :P

"Congrats" on the second Emolga EX. :P
Old March 19th, 2014 (11:50 AM).
DarkRaichu80

Bought an Yveltal Tin and Xerneas Collection Box.

Yveltal Tin:

Plasma Blast:
Rare Reuniclus
Reverse Holo Ursaring (uncommon)

Legendary Treasures:
Reshiram Holo

Plasma Blast: (1)
Rare Conkeldurr
Reverse Holo Simisage (rare)

Plasma Blast: (2)
Rare Dugtrio
Reverse Holo Beedrill (rare)

Xerneas Collection Box:

Legendary Treasures:

Landorus Holo

Plasma Blast: (1)
Rare Cloyster
Reverse Holo Super Potion (Uncommon)

Plasma Blast: (2)
Rare Tauros
Reverse Rare Chesnaught (rare)

Plasma Blast: (3)
Rare Rhydon
Reverse Holo Kakuna (uncommon)

Been kinda blah pulls. Out of like 19 boosters, only one EX has been pulled: EmolgaEX. Zaaaaaaaap!
Old March 19th, 2014 (03:35 PM).
Necrum
Golden Bonnie

Nature: Adamant
Picked up my first booster pack in what feels like forever. And while it's nothing amazing, I was happy to find a reverse holo Malamar, one of my favorite new Pokemon. I actually got it in one of the new coin blisters that came with a Salamence card. The rare card was Scolipede, which is another one I love, and I pulled a Spritzee so it was a happy booster pack all around.
Old March 21st, 2014 (01:12 PM). Edited March 21st, 2014 by Maserati777.
Maserati777

Went back to the Target I got the tins before, got another Yveltal tin, I filmed myself opening the tin and the packs and it happened again, of course I needed proof, my cards in

XY pack 1: Lunatone, Inkay(74), Fletchinder, Herdier, Super Potion, Bibarel Rev, Swellow, Inkay(74), Fletchinder and Herdier

So I got a rare reverse meaning you could supposedly get a common reverse in these packs, I just happened to get two uncommon revs in the previous tin, it seems this proves rares and revs are put in separately.
It also seems less likely to get a holo rare in these packs as I got 4 non-holo rares in 2 tins from XY. But I'm not positive.

I also got doubles in this pack which didn't happen in the first two packs. This pretty much confirms my idea that some cards are in "one part of the factory" and other cards are in another meaning you may get certain packs with the same commons in them and once in a while find a pack with different commons that aren't so common. I had Inkay 74, Fletchinder and Herdier in the same order twice in the same pack so these three must be paired up often.

Pack 2: Doublade, Team Flare Grunt, Gurdurr, Great Ball, Ledian, Yveltal Rev(Needed this one), Rhydon, Ledian, Diggersby and Corsola

So these tins are great for players, not so great for collectors like me so I won't be buying anymore at least not from this Target. Not that I need more commons, just the rare ratio doesn't seem great to me.

I haven't opened the rest, the other two packs, 4 XY boosters and another tin from 2013, so will post later on those.

Edit: Opened the others and only thing to note is a Blastoise ex, looking for full arts of Blastoise and Venusaur and think I'm close to finding them.
Old March 22nd, 2014 (07:38 AM).
Fairy Tale~
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Went back to the Target I got the tins before, got another Yveltal tin, I filmed myself opening the tin and the packs and it happened again, of course I needed proof, my cards in

XY pack 1: Lunatone, Inkay(74), Fletchinder, Herdier, Super Potion, Bibarel Rev, Swellow, Inkay(74), Fletchinder and Herdier

So I got a rare reverse meaning you could supposedly get a common reverse in these packs, I just happened to get two uncommon revs in the previous tin, it seems this proves rares and revs are put in separately.
It also seems less likely to get a holo rare in these packs as I got 4 non-holo rares in 2 tins from XY. But I'm not positive.

I also got doubles in this pack which didn't happen in the first two packs. This pretty much confirms my idea that some cards are in "one part of the factory" and other cards are in another meaning you may get certain packs with the same commons in them and once in a while find a pack with different commons that aren't so common. I had Inkay 74, Fletchinder and Herdier in the same order twice in the same pack so these three must be paired up often.

Pack 2: Doublade, Team Flare Grunt, Gurdurr, Great Ball, Ledian, Yveltal Rev(Needed this one), Rhydon, Ledian, Diggersby and Corsola

So these tins are great for players, not so great for collectors like me so I won't be buying anymore at least not from this Target. Not that I need more commons, just the rare ratio doesn't seem great to me.

I haven't opened the rest, the other two packs, 4 XY boosters and another tin from 2013, so will post later on those.

Edit: Opened the others and only thing to note is a Blastoise ex, looking for full arts of Blastoise and Venusaur and think I'm close to finding them.
Well at least you got blastoise ex. And i got two new xy packs
The noteworthy card was a holo chesnaught.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 23rd, 2014 (01:29 PM).
Maserati777

Today I went to Walmart and got 4 Plasma Freeze Boosters, also a Rayquaza Tin and a Mewtwo Tin

In the 4 Freeze packs I got a Ghetsis Full Art
Also a Beedrill, a Zekrom Holo, a Metagross Reverse(Think this is my third reverse of this with no regulars, this also happened with Ditto), Sableye and Glaceon Rev.
There was maybe 8 packs on the hook and I took 6 from the back I actually put a couple packs back...

In the Rayquaza tin my rares

Zapdos Ex, Garbodor Rev
Snorlax, Ludicolo Rev
Quagsire, Dragonite Rev
Masquerain, Aggron Rev
So all rare reverses, thats the first time thats happened.

The Mewtwo tin only had a few new Plasma Storm cards in it such as Togekiss Rev and Scrafty.
Old March 26th, 2014 (04:43 PM). Edited March 26th, 2014 by Maserati777.
Maserati777

So today I went to Meijer and got 6 Plasma Freeze packs, they only had 7 on the shelf from what I could see and I put one back.

Anyways I finally got Latias Ex, I also got a really miscut Juniper Full Art and a Latios Ex duplicate. I was hoping for one ex didn't expect 3 ultra rares especially since the cards were all picked over and mixed together, also there was only 7 Freeze's left and they could have easily been weighed and returned, I just took a chance and the one I put back was creased across the center, maybe it had a Deoxys full art...

So I've gotten a maximum of 3 exs in at least 8 packs 3 times before, this is the first time I've gotten 3 ultra rares in 6 packs.

The bottom is the back of the Juniper.
Spoiler:

Old March 27th, 2014 (04:08 PM).
Fairy Tale~
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

I went ahead and bought a Xearneas Ex tin.
So i got a Jirachi EX and some rares and a genesect holo so i was happy with it.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 27th, 2014 (06:00 PM).
Maserati777

I got these yesterday at Walmart

I got a Venusaur Ex in one and an Emolga Ex in the other, so now I only need 4 ex's from Xy, Blastoise full art, Venusaur full art, Emolga full art and Skarmory ex, but I'm only looking for Blastoise and Venusaur.
Old March 27th, 2014 (08:12 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote originally posted by Darkheart223:
I went ahead and bought a Xearneas Ex tin.
So i got a Jirachi EX and some rares and a genesect holo so i was happy with it.
:) :( :) :( :)

my reaction to your pulls and trying to decide whether to be happy for you or jealous.

I got a Venusaur Ex in one and an Emolga Ex in the other, so now I only need 4 ex's from Xy, Blastoise full art, Venusaur full art, Emolga full art and Skarmory ex, but I'm only looking for Blastoise and Venusaur.
8D

CAN I HAS?

Seriously, you got 2 EXs from XY boosters. Insanely jealous right now.
Old March 28th, 2014 (09:10 AM).
Fairy Tale~
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

Dude im gonna go to your house while your sleeping a take those from you.
Old March 30th, 2014 (07:20 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

39 packs in and I finally pull 2 EXs from XY. Got the Xernea, Yveltal, and Garchomp EX boxes, and pulled Blastoise EX and a FA Venusaur EX from XY. Also pulled a FA Shaymin EX from Legendary Treasures.

Sponsored Links