Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation
Reload this Page HeartGoldSoulSilver What happened to Krystal?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Old February 9th, 2014 (05:51 PM).

I was wondering why Krystal never made it back in Heartgold and Soulsilver. maybe she left for another adventure, or does anyone have any info or theories over it?

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old February 9th, 2014 (07:49 PM). Edited February 9th, 2014 by Peitharchia.
A Scene In Between
Moderator, BSCS

Honestly, I've always seen Krystal and Lyra as the same, exact person, but only with a different nickname, set of clothes, and hair-color--sort of like R/S and Emerald versions of May. Either that, or perhaps Krystal never existed in HG/SS world? d:
Old February 9th, 2014 (08:12 PM).

Quote originally posted by Nymphadora:
Honestly, I've always seen Krystal and Lyra as the same, exact people, but only with a different nickname, set of clothes, and hair-color--sort of like R/S and Emerald versions of May. Either that, or perhaps Krystal never existed in HG/SS world? d:
i get what your saying. like heartgold and soulsilver are different universes sorta? so Ethan is a different Gold?

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old February 9th, 2014 (08:26 PM).
Muzima
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Sopheria
I liked her too :D First female character you could ever play as in a Pokemon game.

But, I think it suffices to say that she doesn't exist in the HG/SS canon, just as Ethan and Lyra don't exist in the G/S/C canon.
Old February 9th, 2014 (10:28 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Nymphadora:
Honestly, I've always seen Krystal and Lyra as the same, exact people, but only with a different nickname, set of clothes, and hair-color--sort of like R/S and Emerald versions of May. Either that, or perhaps Krystal never existed in HG/SS world? d:
Quote originally posted by oshawottlover13:
i get what your saying. like heartgold and soulsilver are different universes sorta? so Ethan is a different Gold?

I won't go as far to say that they don't exist. Crystal and Gold were the companies usual ways of naming the characters based off of what game you played. Technically Gold is not Gold as he can be either Gold or Silver depending on what version you played. Unlike with Red and Blue/Green there weren't two players to share the name and be given proper names in the sequels. Since the main character could technically be either or I see it as they gave him a real name in the remakes: Ethan. Lyra is (C)/Krystal. While Silver was possibly given the official name Silver, though even the developers don't comment on his real name. He is forever ???.

So I think unlike with Red/Blue/Green, Gold and Crystal were just renamed since Red was acknowledged as Red in all three Gen 2 games and Blue/Green was acknowledged as Blue/Green in all three games.
Old March 9th, 2014 (06:51 PM).
deez nuts!!!1!!!1!!!1!!
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Nothing happened to her... she's a fictional character and maybe Gamefreak decided they wanted a new character instead... I don't think there's something deeper.

god damn it danny, another hack?
Old March 10th, 2014 (01:08 AM).
No thinking. Just stupid.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Crystal is just a placeholder name like Krysta (strangely similar name)said. Lyra is pretty much Kris/Crystal but with a new name and outfit.
Old March 24th, 2014 (05:02 PM).

I prefer to call her Kris since that's what the Crystal manual called her and I never understood why people treat her and Lyra like they're different characters; Lyra is just drastic redesign and one I think they tried too hard to make "cute". I just couldn't take her seriously enough to play as and I had really wanted to play as her again.
Old March 25th, 2014 (10:49 AM).
Muzima
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Sopheria
Quote originally posted by Pokemon_Fangirl:
I prefer to call her Kris since that's what the Crystal manual called her and I never understood why people treat her and Lyra like they're different characters; Lyra is just drastic redesign and one I think they tried too hard to make "cute". I just couldn't take her seriously enough to play as and I had really wanted to play as her again.
How do you know that they're the same person? Is there any official source that says they're the same person?
Old March 25th, 2014 (12:17 PM).
The Lost one.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Maby they though't releasing 3 Pokemon Game's at the same time is just to much?

Timeghoul is absolute Awesomnes!
Old March 25th, 2014 (07:12 PM).

Quote originally posted by Sopheria:
How do you know that they're the same person? Is there any official source that says they're the same person?
No, but there's that article that's been cited by many people about the one of the designers saying they created Lyra as a brand new character instead of just an updated redesign like they did with Ethan. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I think it was a translation of it from Japanese. I think there might have been a misunderstanding while translating, but I could be wrong. Until someone can prove me wrong, I still believe Lyra is just a drastic redesign no different from Red's yet people never made the huge deal about his redesign, never tried to make him into a separate character. I just never understood it.
Old March 26th, 2014 (03:42 PM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
When i saw Lyra i was honestly very disappointed. Krystal looks sooo much cooler in my opinion!!
I loved her hair, her clothes, everything. She was the first female protag...she should have made a comeback.
Now that i think about it, i wonder why Nintendo chose to use the same male protag but a different female.

Any thoughts??

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old April 22nd, 2014 (11:01 AM).
CEO of Boured Games
Gold Tier

Nature: Sassy
Well since I don't like to do theory's I will just say it is a remake of the first games and Lyra is the reincarnation of Krystal
Old April 29th, 2014 (06:13 PM).
Returning to Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to LavenderTownGhost
^ That. I always saw Lyra as the new Krystal. Although I won't lie, I preferred Krystal's design.

one less problem without cha
."
Old April 29th, 2014 (10:05 PM).
mare tranquillitatis
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Koishi Komeiji
I honestly thought that since Krystal/Kris was in Crystal and not Gold/Silver, she wouldn't have come back, and since there was only Gold/Ethan, then they needed a new female protagonist. Maybe she just went her own way after Crystal finished.
credit

"When Gensokyo is completely purified, it will be transformed into a perfect world.
Into a beautiful planet with no life on it."
Old May 14th, 2014 (08:37 AM).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I suppose they did not keep her for one or all of the following reasons:

1. Since the Crystal version of Pokemon had different things from Gold and Silver like the requirements for different events, appearance of certain Pokemon, availability of both the Legendary Pokemon, requirement to catch all the three dogs, hidden rooms in Ruins of Alph it was a more celebrated game as compared to it's counterparts of generation II. All these features have been included in the Heart Gold and Soul Silver lineage which leaves no desirability for a third game.

2. Gamefreak sort of counted on Crystal to get more money, you know tons of new and better stuff. But media in that time wasn't so advanced that people would find out about the differences in a week, it took time. But if Gamefreak did that now, it would invite trouble for the other two titles as people would find out which was the superior one and then buy only that.

3. Lyra is actually meant to represent Kris. Stop commenting on that.

4. Heart Gold and Soul Silver don't have many differences. Only methods of obtaining certain Pokemon are different. Trading for Legendary Pokémon is not required much.

5. Pokémon Crystal was probably made to fit in with the manga?

By XVaporeon!

Click on the banner above to be redirected to the Dragon Pokemon Club!
All lovers of Dragon Pokemon welcome

Old May 15th, 2014 (10:35 PM).
satisfaction brought it back
Moderator, CS

Nature: Adamant
I wish Krystal was the female protagonist instead of Lyra. She's a overall cooler character, and had a fierce battling spirit that I think Lyra lacks.

I'm not entirely too sure where she went. Like Pert said, perhaps Lyra and Krystal are the same. But then again, maybe not.

I hope it's the latter.
Old May 17th, 2014 (07:36 PM).
ghost
Moderator, CS

I preferred Krystal's design as well. Lyra seems like an ally, not a rival that I want to battle with to help train my Pokemon. At least Krystal acted like someone who wanted to be a successful Pokemon trainer, and therefore push you to be the best you can be. I feel like that's what rivals are supposed to do, and Lyra didn't fit that description. Not sure where Krystal could have gone, though. Maybe she'll return in a new generation!

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)