The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game > TCG Deck Reviewing

Notices

TCG Deck Reviewing List cards of your card decks here to get them rated!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 22nd, 2014, 05:03 PM
Anvils Alive
タテボーシ

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
So, here's a deck that I slapped together a long time ago, but has now changed after a few considerations I've made. For those of you curious: no, it doesn't follow any format. Here we go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 Pokémon Cards
4 Poliwag (Base Set)
2 Poliwhirl (One is Base Set, one is Expedition)
1 Poliwrath (Base Set)
1 Horsea (Fossil)
1 Seadra (Neo Genesis)
1 Kingdra (Neo Genesis)
2 Staryu (Base Set)
1 Starmie (Base Set)
2 Lapras (One is Japanese Fossil (!), one is Southern Islands)
1 Manaphy (Diamond and Pearl)
2 Machop (One is Base Set, the other one is Expedition)
2 Machoke (One is Base Set, the other one is Expedition)
2 Machamp (One is Base Set, the other one is Expedition)
1 Hitmonchan (Base Set)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Trainer Cards
4 Bill (Base Set)
1 Defender (Base Set)
1 Energy Charge (Neo Genesis)
2 Energy Removal (Base Set)
1 Energy Search
1 Gust of Wind
3 Potion (Two are Base Set, one is EX RS)
1 Professor Oak (Base Set)
1 Switch (Base Set)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 Energy Cards
13 Water
8 Fighting
2 Double Colorless (Base Set)
So, what do you think? Comments and criticism appreciated.

Last edited by Anvils Alive; April 5th, 2014 at 09:58 PM. Reason: golly gee many change
Old March 24th, 2014, 08:25 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

What's this deck's preferred route for winning? It's not apparent to me from you list what that is. I also think we could streamline it so there are no excess Pokemon and so we can get down to around 15 energy total. Not following a format means you've got lots of freedom with using the best trainer cards in the game, such as Roseanne's Research, which is an amazing card.
Old March 25th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Anvils Alive
タテボーシ

Nature: Quirky
Well, honestly, I wanted it to emphasize more Pokes, but my parents suggested I switch out the excess Pokes for a few Trainer and Energy cards. I ended up doing so, and narrowed down to a few families of evolution (Bar Hitmonchan, a fan favorite out of all the Wizards!Basics). It's mainly a balanced deck.
  • Not one, but four Bills helps me draw the cards I need, especially if I get a decent hand going.
  • Poliwag family is the star of the deck, and the main bruiser (Hitmonchan is also a bit player).
  • Manaphy works in tandem with Horsea, SI!Lapras, and Base!Hitmonchan thanks to Call for Family.
  • Both Lapras are mostly there to grind opponents down with Confusion, Paralysis, and Sleep. One test game I set up against my copy of the Psy Crusher deck had one of those Pokémon constantly asleep due to bad coin luck! SI!Lapras can use Gentle Song to heal itself while lulling foes, but with the small cost of healing them as well.
  • Double Colorless can get Hitmonchan, Poliwrath, and the Machamp going in a flash.
  • Potions and Super Potions in case Pokes need healing.

Last edited by Anvils Alive; April 5th, 2014 at 09:47 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here