• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Heros Path

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
The Skinny
A very long time ago I had a concept for a hack. Heres the original thread. About a month ago the concept struck me again, now here I am 6 years later beginning from scratch. I've re-learned scripting, I've re structured my ideas and I've pulled a small demo together off my own back. This hack is in progress. But I do need help.

The Concept
I want this game to feel as somewhat of a squeal of the GEN 2 games, this will run within the same timeline and universe. You are RED, Ash Ketchum, whatever you prefer, you've recently beaten the Elite 4 and become a true POKEMON champion. Prof.OAK has had a generator fitted in his lab to fuel the town a more efficiently way, you've kindly left your Pikachu with OAK as a break from POKEMON battles and to keep a steady flow of electricity. With all the money they've saved, they've been able to build a harbor to ferry young, traveling trainers to far off lands.

You begin the game in your unforgettable bedroom, as any good game should begin. You step downstairs and your mother alerts you OAK has been wanting to speak to you. You head to the lab and OAK alerts you your Pikachu has broken a valve and his good friend Prof. ELM may have a spare part for him.

You travel to Johto on the new ferry and head to ELMs lab. (conveniently :P) ELM has the part you need! He then asks you to run an errand for him. As a well breeder, he has an egg he wants OAK to see. You head back to Pallet town, fix the generator and show OAK the egg. The egg hatches an unknown POKEMON and urges you to head back to Johto to show ELM.

You've beaten all the gyms in Kanto, you've beaten the Elite 4, and you've seen nearly all pokemon from that region. Why not begin again in Johto?

CUE game.

Features
- Johto, we've all seen it a million times before, but it will have my own twist.
- New alternate story line within the GEN 2 storyline.
- Events of G/S will sink through, but your actions will affect these events or you may even be a back seat driver within the events.

sprites.png

Screens

Maps

Route 30
Spoiler:

Route 31
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

TO-DO list
Pallet Town
100% DONE!

Ship
0% Not begun

Cherrygrove
- Mart
- Tiles to fix/remove
- Some mapping

New Bark
- Little events to add
- Fix Crystals house
- Edit some dialogue

Route 29
- Finishing touches

Route 30
- Finish mapping
- Add Mr Pokemons home/events
- Pokemon Trainers (double battle! YAY)

Bugs

- Moving girl when travelling between Pallet&Route21
- Removing Pokemon at Elms lab. Not exactly a bug, just something I need to look further into. For now, so the game runs fairly, just release the Kanto team and leave your party with just Pichu.
- Tile errors in Cherrygrove&one house
- Removed access to Crystals house & guide gents house in Cherrygrove due to a common error.
- Don't speak to the Sailor in Cherrygrove.
- Walking animation on Gold encounter

Team
Here comes the tricky part! I'm currently a one man team. Idealy what I want is:

- Spriters, mainly for OWs, examples of mine are at the top and as you can see, I could do with more experienced people involved.
- Tile creaters and inserters, I want my game to look vibrant and interesting! Its a brand new hack with brand new possibilities!
- Story/event writers, I have many ideas and storylines that I want to implement into this game but I still want somebody by my side offering ideas (and telling me when my ideas suck!)
- Experienced scripters, I can script most things, but I am by means not an advance scripter
- Beta testers, I like it when things work.

If you'd like to apply, please message me. I'd really appreciate any help.

The Demo!
Many thanks go to joexv, I'd be morbidly stuck without him.
I've inserted a few tiles that don't belong to me, credits to follow.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Looks very promising, I'm interested to see your version of Johto that isn't the same as all those remakes out there. One small thing you seem to have forgotten in your screenshots is the accented "é" used in the word Pokémon. Other than that little nitpick though and a few small grammar errors it's looking pretty good. Good luck!

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
Added the demo!

Thank you for the kind words! A lot of main scripts are still partly unfinished, and there are still interiors, and several changes i'm yet to make, but as stated, I've worked on this on my own for a solid month now and I'm more than excited to show this to you guys.

Again, very rough demo, but an in sight to what ideas I've floating about and what I have in store. I'm aware of most errors, but feel free to mention them.

Any feedback is massively welcome.

Last edited:

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
Fresh Hack! Great Work on Storyline but it seems kind of old in latter. Story's Starting was Good but it ended up being Crystal Demake. but its okay, I'll be Seeing this again. looks Good to me.

P.S. Found a Grammer error on first ScreenShot,
It was Supposed to be Kamon Got "His" Pokemon
but it is Kamon Got "Their" Pokemon
Fix it please ;)

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
My aim is for the stories to be intertwined but it to still feel like its own game. The events of both games will run on the same timeline, but its not going to follow the GSC story obviously.

Only reason I'd added 'their' was because I haven't scripted for the female counterpart yet!

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
This certainly looks promising.

I only have two issues. First, you need to decide whether you want all capitalized or not. Having something like Prof. ELM just looks weird. It needs to be either PROF. ELM or Prof. Elm. My second issue is that you neglected to use the "é" in "Pokémon".

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
Thanks for the kind words!

@itari, there are a great deal of little inconsistencies like that at the moment, don't worry, they shall be fixed! I don't think I could play my own hack without going bonkers hehe.

Progress is coming on slow but steady! I'm going through everything to make sure its all good to continue scripting and mapping!

P.S, NEW SCREENS!

Pokemon_HP22.png
Pokemon_HP23.png
Pokemon_HP24.png
Pokemon_HP25.png

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Dis screeny
Pokemon_HP23.png

Double battle when the guy only has a meowth and only one pokemon. Anyways, I'm looking forward more on your hack. Keep up the good work :) Can you like change the tiles? ^^

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
Fixed! ;3 I am looking at including some new tiles. I'll probably include some D/P tiles and other little revamped tiles. I'm not an experienced tile maker, but I'm enjoying adding my own little touches here and there!

I'm not far off mapping Violet City and preparing it for the next part of the story.

Where does everybody think a reasonable place is to release a beta then?

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
Updated the patch! Added a couple new tiles, finished the main plot line up until Route 30 (once game events have ran Mr Pokes house opens, just so you can have a look!).

Continuing to map Route 31 today then starting on Violet. There are some major kinks I keep passing upon, but nothing I can't straighten out.

Any feedback is welcome :)

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
Hi all! Just trying to keep this thread alive!

I've all events scripted up until Violet city! I'm currently planning events and maps for Violet! Its hard to get things done quickly with a full time job, but I'm not giving up yet!

Still looking for help with anything you have to offer! So if anybody wants to get involved, drop me a PM!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So I've got a few basic questions.

First off, are you Red or are you Ash? The reason I ask this is because there are a vast number of differences between their stories that may become storytelling problems as the hack progresses depending on how character-centric the game is.

Second, what do you mean by it being a "squeal of GEN 2"? I'd originally assumed that it was a typo that was meant to be sequel, but I'm assuming it's referring to it being an alternate interpretation of it.

Finally, why does Oak need Pikachu to power his generator? I mean, if the goal of it all was to give Pikachu a break, doesn't it powering the generator seem like the opposite of that? Heck, I'd think that that would be even more work than the battles, themselves.

Of course, you could always just handwave all of this, but this is just some stuff that I noticed.

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
@machomuu, all very valid questions my friend!

The player is solely based on the character used in FR/LG (or the character battled on Mt. Silver in G/S/C). The concept is a sequel or continuation of FR/LG, 3 years later during the time line of G/S/C. But yeah, with alternate interpretations, different ideas, so it wont be solely based around the events of G/S/C, but some of those events will shine through! - So I suppose that answers Qs 1&2!

Finally, it may not exactly be an ideal explanation, but I had parts of the story put together in my head with no tie. It seemed having Pikachu stay at the lab was the perfect tie to the ideas I had in my head. Plus I always wanted Pichu to be the starter of my hack so somehow Pikachu needed taken out of the equation ha. A powerful Electric Pokemon such as Pikachu shouldn't have too much trouble zapping a few volts through a small town :P

I'm glad you pointed these things out though, I suppose certain things you don't think about until they've been questioned!

Also!

Some maps for your all to take a gander at!

Route 30
Spoiler:

Route 31
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back