Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Reload this Page RSE I'm not lucky...

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old March 28th, 2014 (09:18 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
So, today I was playing Emerald, and when I caught an Aron, I went to the Pokémon Center and healed my team. The nurse told me that some Pokémon had PokéRUS. (I was like, wtf?) So I checked, Aron was infected with PokéRUS. After a while my team got infected.

So then I look the chances of getting PokéRUS and I read that's 3 in 65,536 or approximately a 1 in 21,845 from either Wild or Bred Pokémon.
Then, I look the chances of getting a shiny, it's 16/65536 or 1/4096 (Generation VI)

Why i'm so unlucky? Why I couldn't get a Shiny instead? Has someone got a PokéRUS Pokémon and never got a shiny?
Old March 28th, 2014 (10:57 AM).
deez nuts!!!1!!!1!!!1!!
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Why are you complaining? Pokerus is the bomb diggity.. But to answer your question, nope. I have gotten Pokerus before (once on a Kyogre), and two more other times. I've also gotten shinies, too. Most of them in Emerald. But honestly, I prefer Pokerus to shiny, because shiny is just a different color, Pokerus actually HELPS you in battle, which I think is much more useful then a different colored pokemon.

Beta 1 is out! Click on the image to get it!

Hey guys, I'm really sorry to advertise here, but my friend's band just released a really good song, and I think I'd mean a lot to them if I shared it, so..

https://soundcloud.com/the-keys-to-lincoln-road/thinking-of-you-nana
Old March 28th, 2014 (12:06 PM).
The Lost one.
Crystal Tier

Be happy with Your Pokerus, Its really nice to get, It's harder to get pokerus then a Shiny

Timeghoul is absolute Awesomnes!
Old March 28th, 2014 (01:34 PM).

Quote originally posted by Ninja Surskit:
Why are you complaining? Pokerus is the bomb diggity.. But to answer your question, nope. I have gotten Pokerus before (once on a Kyogre), and two more other times. I've also gotten shinies, too. Most of them in Emerald. But honestly, I prefer Pokerus to shiny, because shiny is just a different color, Pokerus actually HELPS you in battle, which I think is much more useful then a different colored pokemon.
Yeah, but PokéRUS is (if i'm not wrong) only for EV training. And I don't EV train in the game story.

Quote originally posted by mangamusicfan:
Be happy with Your Pokerus, Its really nice to get, It's harder to get pokerus then a Shiny
But I never had a shiny.
Old March 28th, 2014 (02:12 PM).
& having to receive it

In Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, I've encountered about four shines. Been able to capture only three, though, because the other was in Safari Zone and just ran away before I was able to do anything. xD;; As for PokéRus, nope; I've never been able to be contaminated with it.
Old March 29th, 2014 (12:31 AM).
colors of the wind.
CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
While I've picked up Pokerus on three or four occasions over the years, I was never able to get it on any Pokemon in the third gen (not that it really mattered, as I don't EV train either). I have managed to run across 4 shiny Pokemon in FireRed/Sapphire and only two across all other generations though, so I know how the reverse luck feels.
Old April 15th, 2014 (02:35 AM).
Researching

I had been playing since R/B, how is this the first time I have heard of PokeRus? What exactly is it?

Pokemon For PSP
Old April 15th, 2014 (03:34 PM). Edited April 15th, 2014 by Aurora.
HOH HOH HOH WAH HOH HOO-HOO YEE-HAW WAAAAOOO
Gold Tier

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
Quote originally posted by IeUaN_08:
I had been playing since R/B, how is this the first time I have heard of PokeRus? What exactly is it?
it acts like a permanent, non-detrimental Macho Brace - it doubles the EVs yielded from a fainted Pokemon. it can be spread throughout your team and unless you place an infected Pokemon in a box, the virus will (after a day or so) become non-transmissible and the previously infected Pokemon will develop an immunity to it while still retaining its beneficial effects
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links