Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Which design for the Dusk Admin do you prefer the most? [Refer to the first post for designs.]
Design A 3 12.00%
Design B 5 20.00%
Design C 2 8.00%
Design D 1 4.00%
Design E 2 8.00%
Design F 2 8.00%
Design G 3 12.00%
Design H 2 8.00%
Design I 1 4.00%
Design J 1 4.00%
Design K 1 4.00%
Design L 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 29th, 2013 (02:56 PM).
mydrago
Gen IV Hacker/SS Fan

Nature: Timid
Super good,interesting storyline
Your sprites are just awesome
Great mapping,Tiles
And super new items
The scripts are Nice done,great
This hack looks so good and well done
Good luck with your pokemon hack

Old December 31st, 2013 (12:32 PM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by The Glitch:

I'll say now, the big Mansion looks awfully out of place. :/
Funnily enough, I had to make it smaller. xD Idk about reducing the size, but I'll see if I can make it blend in a bit more.

Quote originally posted by mydrago:
Super good,interesting storyline
Your sprites are just awesome
Great mapping,Tiles
And super new items
The scripts are Nice done,great
This hack looks so good and well done
Good luck with your pokemon hack
Thanks a lot for the kind comments! :D
Old December 31st, 2013 (01:24 PM).
RecursiveAcronym

I have to agree, but it's not really the size of the mansion that bothers me; it's the palette. Compared to the bright, cheery colors around it, it seems very dark and gloomy for no particularly reason at all. If that's intentional, sure, but you could make the surrounded area darker or like surrounded in trees like it's in the shadows. Otherwise, I would probably lighten it up a little.
Old January 22nd, 2014 (11:43 PM).
Natsu Dragneel
Fire Dragon Slayer
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Any updates? its been 23 days and it seems that u stopped posting updates

Name: Drakath
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9635-5698
Old January 23rd, 2014 (04:55 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Natsu Dragneel:
23 days is still a low number =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 25th, 2014 (05:24 AM).
Kakarot1212
Awesome as always...

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Natsu Dragneel:
Believe me man, i've seen worst

楓 弘詩
“ Programs must be written for people
to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute. ”

Pair | Pair| Facebook | Showdown | PHO | Twitter
| Text Hex Convert v2.1.1 |
Old March 9th, 2014 (04:37 AM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Sorry guys for the lack of updates. Real life has been taking a toll, but here's a progress report.

Progress has been made. However, I have some good news and some not so good news.

Okay, good news. Thanks to karatekid552's amazing new tool I can now get all of Eevee's eeveelutions working great! This really helps a lot and saves me having to learn the asm to do it manually.

However, there's some bad news. My latest version of the ROM doesn't work with the tool so I've had to backtrack a bit to a later version. It shouldn't take too long to restore the lost scripts and I can still import a lot of the missing maps. This does mean a bit of a delay though. Thanks for understanding, and hopefully I can crank out a beta soon.
Old March 9th, 2014 (09:19 PM).
Sniper
ヘッド·ショット

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Sniper
Quote originally posted by Superjub:
Sorry guys for the lack of updates. Real life has been taking a toll, but here's a progress report.

Progress has been made. However, I have some good news and some not so good news.

Okay, good news. Thanks to karatekid552's amazing new tool I can now get all of Eevee's eeveelutions working great! This really helps a lot and saves me having to learn the asm to do it manually.

However, there's some bad news. My latest version of the ROM doesn't work with the tool so I've had to backtrack a bit to a later version. It shouldn't take too long to restore the lost scripts and I can still import a lot of the missing maps. This does mean a bit of a delay though. Thanks for understanding, and hopefully I can crank out a beta soon.
Great! I'll expect big things on your next update after you restore things

Suck at inserting tiles? Check out my fr rombases
Old March 10th, 2014 (06:05 AM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Saturnus:
Great! I'll expect big things on your next update after you restore things
Haha, I'll try my best. So far I've got

1) Eevee to evolve into ALL of the possible eeveelutions.
2) Imported the Captain script from later versions and it works fine.

So yeah, everything related to Eevee is working. I think I want to get to at least the city with the third Gym to release the beta, but coincidentally that's only one city away and I have most of the maps.
Old March 29th, 2014 (05:24 PM).
k6666

cant wait for beta , good luck for your hack hope you didn't abandoned it
Old April 8th, 2014 (05:53 PM).
Mr.Mako

This looks just plain AWESOME!!! Can't say I'm thrilled about the Fairy type as they beat Dragon, but I can put up with that for Sylveon (the Pokeworld NEEDS more eeveelutions).

Old April 9th, 2014 (06:43 AM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Hey.

I'm going to have the thread closed for a bit. Rest assured I'll still work on the game, it's just that I'm a bit busy with real life so progress is slow. I hope I can get a beta out as soon as possible though. Thanks everyone who's supported the game so far!
Old April 9th, 2014 (07:40 AM).
JimRaz0r
JimRaz0r

Nature: Adamant
I prefer Dazzle Gleam because it'll be the easiest to understand. Adding Fairy type is awesome and I would love to play it! Keep up the good work!

Old April 9th, 2014 (04:54 PM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Closed at owner's request.

~karatekid552

Paired with Simba
Old June 24th, 2014 (02:08 PM).
Christos
do you even gift?

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
This thread was requested to be opened by its owner. Good luck with this, Superjub!
Old June 24th, 2014 (02:12 PM). Edited June 24th, 2014 by Superjub.
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Spheal:
This thread was requested to be opened by its owner. Good luck with this, Superjub!
Thanks Spheal/Christos! :D

Now for the important stuff. :p Just want to warn you first that'll it'll still be a little while until Beta 1, BUT progress IS (and was :p) still being made. I'd just like to clarify two things first.
  1. The game before was pretty incompatible with karatekid552's hacking suite, which is very useful for my hack due to Eevee being a starter and how easy it is to add more evolutions. Due to this, I pretty much RESTARTED the hack. So yeah, it's still gonna be a little while until I can catch up (although I can port most maps and stuff anyway.)
  2. The games a little different now. It seemed a little nonsensical to have only x Pokemon from regions available so ALL POKEMON ARE AVAILABLE (aside from megas and primal reversion.) It is worth mentioning that a good proportion (at the moment about half) WILL NOT be available in the main game. I have a lot of post-game content planned though so yeah. :p

Aaaaand that's pretty much it. Oh, but as a little teaser here are some pics:

(Note that I have NEW player sprites and backsprites and really just need to insert them. Also, new tiles yo' :p)

Anyway, thanks for the support everyone! :D It's what really motivates me to carry on despite some setbacks.
Old June 25th, 2014 (03:06 AM).
mydrago
Gen IV Hacker/SS Fan

Glad to see you are back
I really like your hack
Can't wait to see some progress
Take the time you need
I'm sure I am going to like your updates
I wish you best of luck with your hack
~Mydrago

Old June 25th, 2014 (01:04 PM). Edited June 25th, 2014 by Superjub.
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by mydrago:
Glad to see you are back
I really like your hack
Can't wait to see some progress
Take the time you need
I'm sure I am going to like your updates
I wish you best of luck with your hack
~Mydrago
Thanks a lot! :D

Some updates. :p Redid the Cobblestone Gym with brand new tiles. Open for c&c please- I want to know how it compares to the old tiles. :p

(Old overworlds are old and will be replaced eventually. Btw I know there's a tile error in the bottom one I literally just noticed it. D

Old tiles for comparison:

Snowfall Gym

The second Gym of the Ekkul region is located high up in the snowy mountains. Naturally, their specialty is Ice-type Pokémon.

The Gym Leader packs a powerful Froslass with strong ice and ghost-type moves so brace yourself!

Old June 25th, 2014 (04:25 PM).
ricorbk

Nature: Jolly
Finally you are back Superjub and you have awesome updates. However, I'm supporting you all the way with this hack. Great job and good luck with completion
Old June 30th, 2014 (08:56 AM). Edited July 3rd, 2014 by Superjub.
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by ricorbk:
Finally you are back Superjub and you have awesome updates. However, I'm supporting you all the way with this hack. Great job and good luck with completion
Thanks a lot! :D

I've started inserting house tiles now. :)

Still need to change some palettes and stuff around though. Credit goes to Kyledove for the tiles.

New screenies everybody! :D

Huh? You're not the professor...?

Yeah, in this game the professor isn't in the introduction. It's a change but hey, even Elm wasn't in the intro of Gold/Silver/Crystal and the remakes. Also, the player initially has an assistant role. Specifically, they have a work placement at the lab as a temporary assistant (kinda similar to real life.) Also think of how May/Brendan helps the professor in R/S/E. Of course you become a trainer (can you imagine a ROM hack where all you do is lab duties...? xD) but it makes a change from the "You've just turned the age to get a Pokemon!" routine. The intro leads directly into the game, as shown...

Why'd the Prof send me a letter anyway? Oak contacts Red through telepathy!

An emergency, eh? Does this emergency lead me to getting a starter Pokemon perhaps...?

Mother being motherly~ :)

Gonna be a bit busy this week for a few days so don't expect loads of updates but I'll see what I can do. :)

For now, here's a poll! Pick which design you like best. :) The winning design gets put into the hack.

Some background: this is a Dusk admin. I think I'm gonna go for 3 admins, based on the moon, sun and stars. This is the one based on the stars. He's meant to have a mad scientist feel to him but when designing him kinda made him look pretty metrosexual lol, but maybe that's just me. xD
Old June 30th, 2014 (06:13 PM).
AceTheHanyou

Keep AT IT!!! I've been hoping to play an Eevee starter hack for a while. Good luck!
Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward
Old July 3rd, 2014 (08:34 AM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by AceTheHanyou:
Keep AT IT!!! I've been hoping to play an Eevee starter hack for a while. Good luck!
Thanks, and will do~ :D

Question time! I've been considering including Day/Night (since all Pokemon are available and a lot of them have Day/Night based evolutions) HOWEVER, I really don't want Espeon/Umbreon to evolve through Day/Night so that the gane's balanced (more specifically, one of the big "crossroads" of the hack is what you evolve your Eevee into and I want to make all of the Eeveelutions available through items to make it fair.) So what do you think? Not include Day/Night or include Day/Night but it'd mostly be cosmetics aside from maybe a few time-based events and obviously evolutions (except for Espeon/Umbreon.)?
Old July 3rd, 2014 (05:36 PM).
Caramel-O
The dark Cheetah

Nature: Calm
I like it! some kind of attractive! keep it up!
Old July 4th, 2014 (02:37 PM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Caramel-O:
I like it! some kind of attractive! keep it up!
Thank you! :D

Quote originally posted by Superjub:
Thanks, and will do~ :D

Question time! I've been considering including Day/Night (since all Pokemon are available and a lot of them have Day/Night based evolutions) HOWEVER, I really don't want Espeon/Umbreon to evolve through Day/Night so that the gane's balanced (more specifically, one of the big "crossroads" of the hack is what you evolve your Eevee into and I want to make all of the Eeveelutions available through items to make it fair.) So what do you think? Not include Day/Night or include Day/Night but it'd mostly be cosmetics aside from maybe a few time-based events and obviously evolutions (except for Espeon/Umbreon.)?
Question still stands people. :p I really want your input. Also, I've been inserting some tiles for the 3rd Gym (still not anywhere near there mapping/scripting wise though lol). Tell me what you think (also this is in no way meant to represent what the Gym's layout will look like, it's just for testing/showcasing purposes. :p

Also, there are still some graphical bugs since I replaced some of Vermilion's animated tiles. I'll fix those though.
Old July 4th, 2014 (02:55 PM).
The Riddler
Life returns. Life prevails.

Nature: Naughty
If you feel like you should insert an item to evolve the Eevee into an Espeon/Umbreon, then go for it. I kinda like the idea and it gives the player a sense of control on how they play and progress, even though it may be mostly a cosmetic face-lift (you know what I mean?)

Otherwise, love the tiles. There's a certain uniqueness to it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links