Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokemon: Red Frost

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Should I remake Red frost or keep as is?
Do you want a remake of Red frost? 14 53.85%
Should I continue with Red Frost as is? 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 1st, 2014 (09:21 PM).
Blaziken

Nature: Relaxed
Alright everyone after a long hiatus on red frost I thought it was a good time to post something!

Right now I am stopping the hack at where it is why you ask its because I have come to a block in my creativity pool so I will stop here for now but I will still continue to work on this hack of mine I have left the last bit of work that I have done in the current patch that you can download in the first post.
So for now I have a poll set up as well and I want your honest opinion should i continue the hack from where it is at or should I remake it from scratch. you decide
and one last thing thanks to all of you for all the views and comments you guys are some awesome people :D

Always keep an open mind!
Old April 1st, 2014 (09:32 PM).
The End is Near...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Near~
Quote originally posted by Vicktor Black:
Alright everyone after a long hiatus on red frost I thought it was a good time to post something!

Right now I am stopping the hack at where it is why you ask its because I have come to a block in my creativity pool so I will stop here for now but I will still continue to work on this hack of mine I have left the last bit of work that I have done in the current patch that you can download in the first post.
So for now I have a poll set up as well and I want your honest opinion should i continue the hack from where it is at or should I remake it from scratch. you decide
and one last thing thanks to all of you for all the views and comments you guys are some awesome people :D
Well you could at least say something if you were to remake it? So what would you change in the 'remake' ?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 1st, 2014 (09:50 PM).
Blaziken

Quote originally posted by Syneon:
Well you could at least say something if you were to remake it? So what would you change in the 'remake' ?
I want to remake all of it by that I mean add new tiles, different music and add other pokemon like gen 4-6 and rework scripts in game, and fix some things that need it you know a total remake of the hack from scratch!

also thanks for commenting!

Old April 1st, 2014 (09:54 PM).
The End is Near...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Near~
I want to remake all of it by that I mean add new tiles, different music and add other pokemon like gen 4-6 and rework scripts in game, and fix some things that need it you know a total remake of the hack from scratch!

also thanks for commenting!
Hmmm sounds good xD, Yea go for the remake in my opinion. Sounds great, either way loving your hack
Spoiler:
If you need help with any of that I can help you out
Pm/Vm anyways good luck ~Bye

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 5th, 2014 (10:46 PM).

I need help!! What to do after battling the admin in Route 5??
Old May 14th, 2014 (06:50 PM). Edited May 16th, 2014 by hashtag.
Blaziken

Quote originally posted by King_Of_Nidokings:
I need help!! What to do after battling the admin in Route 5??
There are two events on route 5 that battle an admin!

If you did the "save the girl" event then head back to permafrost city then to route you saw the girl and continue from there.

If it was the "rebellion's base" event then head to route 10.

Alright everyone First I would to say thanks to everyone that has voted, and second the results 14 votes for the remake and 12 votes for keeping red frost as is.

So I will be remaking red frost and I will hopefully get you awesome people the remake soon! thats all I have for now and once again you people are awesome :)

Old May 15th, 2014 (01:53 AM).
ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
Woot. Nice maps! <3 I wanna try the skating thingy. Mehehe <3
Old May 16th, 2014 (11:49 AM).
God is busy...May i help you

Nature: Lonely
Looks good so far.....and also why in the third screenshot the girl is talking to a ruby(oR something)
Old May 18th, 2014 (12:09 PM).
Blaziken

Quote originally posted by parth9:
Looks good so far.....and also why in the third screenshot the girl is talking to a ruby(oR something)
That is sorrow the reason why you are in the land of Perma and she appears to be a crystal but only because she is weakened does she not show her true self

Which is why the girl is speaking to a crystal in the 3rd screenshot.

Also a small update for changes to come!

Here is the new houses that will be used and I will show both old homes and the new ones

This is the starting house you will see

Spoiler:

and here is the professor's home
this one has two houses but one is with a different border so instead of black it is a dark purple.

Spoiler:

Anyway that is all for now.

Old May 18th, 2014 (02:45 PM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Are you sure you want to opt for the new ones? The old ones a lot more fitting and detailed.
Old May 18th, 2014 (03:17 PM).
Blaziken

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Are you sure you want to opt for the new ones? The old ones a lot more fitting and detailed.
I wanted to add more tiles to the hack along with my own and to me my tiles could use a bit more work that is true but I wanted to see what others thought about them and also I wanted show off the tiles before adding them and if they think these tiles were bad or good, they could give suggestions to what they think would look better.

Old May 18th, 2014 (03:35 PM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

I wanted to add more tiles to the hack along with my own and to me my tiles could use a bit more work that is true but I wanted to see what others thought about them and also I wanted show off the tiles before adding them and if they think these tiles were bad or good, they could give suggestions to what they think would look better.
Your tiles aren't bad by any means, and honestly, they do have a less "abandoned" look than the old ones do. Really, it's a matter of simplicity vs. detail. The old one has detail and color choices that really make it seem like a place that has been affected and worn by the environment, while the constant bright brown of the new one seems more "cartoony" and might clash with a snowy environment (or rather, it will really stand out).
Old May 18th, 2014 (04:07 PM).
Blaziken

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Your tiles aren't bad by any means, and honestly, they do have a less "abandoned" look than the old ones do. Really, it's a matter of simplicity vs. detail. The old one has detail and color choices that really make it seem like a place that has been affected and worn by the environment, while the constant bright brown of the new one seems more "cartoony" and might clash with a snowy environment (or rather, it will really stand out).
Hmm yes I can see that your are right the tiles do look a bit "cartoony" and bright so thats something I will have to work on and I was going for a bit less of an abandoned feel so thats a good start also thanks for the input, your comments are very helpful.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links