Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page [Spoilers] M17: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Closed Thread

Old March 8th, 2014 (09:39 PM).
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Aquacorde:
Holy crap thank you for scouting info for us Xerneas! All I have time to comment on rn though is how the final-starter-evo trainers look way to much like gijinkas lmao but I'll be back to think about this more clearly~
I agree with you that the trainers look too much like gijinkas, they just look lazily designed to me like they're not even trying with the designs. Also, is it just me or does the Delphox trainer look a lot like Malva, who is a fire type trainer (I know she doesn't have a Delphox), but maybe it's just me then.

On the topic of fire type trainers being the antagonists, I wonder if she's a part of Team Flare and if they'll make a cameo in this film. Probably unlikely, but it would be like Team Magma's cameo in Movie 6 if they did.

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old March 9th, 2014 (06:32 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Masterge77:
On the topic of fire type trainers being the antagonists, I wonder if she's a part of Team Flare and if they'll make a cameo in this film. Probably unlikely, but it would be like Team Magma's cameo in Movie 6 if they did.
Team Flare isn't limited to Fire types you know. They got their name for their fashionable uniform, and they wouldn't approve an outfit Marilyn is wearing.

It seems like this is the first time we have starter Pokémon playing the antagonist role in the movie since the first movie, which Chesnaught being the only Kalos starter on the hero side. I just know Bonnie's going to propose to Miriss to be Clemont's wife.
Old March 9th, 2014 (07:36 AM).
Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
Kinda figured Absol would be a good pokemon, it never has been a bad pokemon.

As for the carabink, seems like they might have different forms or looks in the 3rd game for Gen 6.

Sorry off topic, but had to bring this up:
And they they said they went scouting for a film location, well in the 14th, like they said, the area was talking about castles and stuff, so it reminded me of France, now they go to Canada, I wonder Gen 7 will be in Canada.

Darker Than It Seem..
Shadow:
Party: Noivern, Greninja, Lucario, Eevee, Seedot
PC: Doublade, Vibrava
Old March 9th, 2014 (08:29 AM). Edited March 9th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Raven

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Iceman3317:
Kinda figured Absol would be a good pokemon, it never has been a bad pokemon.

As for the carabink, seems like they might have different forms or looks in the 3rd game for Gen 6.

Sorry off topic, but had to bring this up:
And they they said they went scouting for a film location, well in the 14th, like they said, the area was talking about castles and stuff, so it reminded me of France, now they go to Canada, I wonder Gen 7 will be in Canada.

Absol will probably be good, since it has a "big role" according to it's movie poster position/size.. there's nothing saying that it will be evil.

as for the multi-carbink forms.. that's mainly for us, the viewer can tell them apart during the movie.. if it wasn't for those different ear sizes or whatever else, it would be hard for kids and adults to tell the difference between the four.

Lastly, as for the scouting location.. it has nothing to do with the game.. it's scouting locations for the movie.. as it states in the interview.. the movie will go from city to mall to forest, etc, Canada has all of those including French influence and architecture (i.e. Quebec) required for X&Y's Kalos region.

Especially for the last 2 points, these make Canada the ideal scouting location for an X&Y movie (French influence/architecture for the cities and towns + untouched forests for where Xerneas/Yveltal reside. Canada also has many caves & mines, and essentially everything else spilled in the plotline and interview..

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old March 10th, 2014 (10:13 PM).
Raven

a new trailer has been posted.. originally only seen in movie theaters but was aired on TV :D

As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old March 13th, 2014 (09:02 PM).
Raven

A scoop related to the 2014 Pokémon Movie!!!!!

The mythical Pokémon Darkrai will be given out!!

The winner of the popularity poll held in the February issue of this magazine, the Next Generation Hobby Fair and other places, Darkrai, will be given out!

Darkrai
Level: 50
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Dark Void, Dark Pulse, Phantom Force, Dream Eater

Dark Void
Darkrai's signature move, which puts all opponents to sleep.

Phantom Force
A move new to Pokémon X/Y", which Darkrai can't normally learn.

Obtain Darkrai via the special pre-order movie ticket, on sale starting April 19th!!!!
Darkrai can be obtained via the giveaway code that comes with the special pre-order movie ticket!

After you've obtained Darkrai, make sure to enjoy the movie as well!
It premieres Saturday July 19th!!
Yveltal will go on an rampage!
What is going on with Diancie...!?

Old March 15th, 2014 (07:54 AM). Edited March 15th, 2014 by Famon.

It seem Ayaka was the one with Mega absol in the movie and she will be battling Ash!

Source :http://www.pocketmonsters.net/main/news/1780
Well , Ash will surly lose to her without a Megamon !!!
My guess , Ayaka will be more of a minor character of the movie which make me sad.
I mean , look at her Standing like Boss !!! Like an ''Ice Cold Beauty'' .
I hope writer/Director does turn her into ''Nice , Polite & Kind'' Boring type ! We need a ''Ice cold Beauty'' now .
That what pokemon need!

The Mega Scizor probably belong to Argos since he has a ''Mega belt'' !

Old March 15th, 2014 (09:31 AM).
Raven

Quote originally posted by Famon:
It seem Ayaka was the one with Mega absol in the movie and she will be battling Ash!

Source :http://www.pocketmonsters.net/main/news/1780
Well , Ash will surly lose to her without a Megamon !!!
My guess , Ayaka will be more of a minor character of the movie which make me sad.
I mean , look at her Standing like Boss !!! Like an ''Ice Cold Beauty'' .
I hope writer/Director does turn her into ''Nice , Polite & Kind'' Boring type ! We need a ''Ice cold Beauty'' now .
That what pokemon need!

The Mega Scizor probably belong to Argos since he has a ''Mega belt'' !

Well who knows if she will infact be the one in the movie or not, since this is just a special, that is a question mark after that statement. but probably will be !!

But one thing that's probably for sure, whoever does have the absol in the movie will probably have a somewhat major role in the movie since the Absol in all the movie posters is more prominent than even the Pokemon starters, so my guess is during her and ash's battle, that's when s**t hits the fan, so they team up together and see things to the end.

Old March 15th, 2014 (10:04 AM).

Quote originally posted by Xerneas_X:
Well who knows if she will infact be the one in the movie or not, since this is just a special, that is a question mark after that statement. but probably will be !!

But one thing that's probably for sure, whoever does have the absol in the movie will probably have a somewhat major role in the movie since the Absol in all the movie posters is more prominent than even the Pokemon starters, so my guess is during her and ash's battle, that's when s**t hits the fan, so they team up together and see things to the end.
She already confirmed to be in the movie & battling Ash .
I'm more worried about her personality .
From Ayaka expression & Pose , She seem like a cold ,confident , Serious and Prideful girl with rude temper ! Basically a Female Paul/Trip .
Thats how I want her to be !
I hope she doesn't turn out to be polite & Nice like serena ! Too Nice Character are too Boring.

Old April 7th, 2014 (04:56 PM). Edited April 7th, 2014 by fenyx4.
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
The English title for the 17th Pokemon movie was revealed today, being:
Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

This was quite startling for me; the English title unveiling so quickly was unexpected! Could The Pokemon Company International (TPCi) be pushing for a worldwide (well, as close to that as it can be) release of the first XY movie as well..? I can't complain about the title - the retaining of the moniker "The Cocoon of Destruction" was practically exactly what I wanted! Kudos to TPCi for not "censoring" it somehow.. I love the logo as well - the "Cocoon of Destruction" part looks suitably menacing and the "Diancie" part looks all diamond-ish and pretty. <3 I guess the main thing I dislike, logowise and namewise, is the prominence of Yveltal...I'm thinking that this movie is probably all of what we're going to get in terms of a "Xerneas vs. Yveltal" movie (unless a sequel involving Zygarde or something else is made), so the imbalance of Yveltal receiving more focus slightly bothers me a bit.

Spoiler:

I love the designs and outfits for Ayaka and Millis Steel - and they're cuties, to boot! ♥ Marilyn Flame looks like a fiery vampire(?) with an intriguing outfit, so we'll see how that works out... Ninja Riot's water-based design looks a bit too generic for me (although his shinguards are cool), but I hope that his English name remains the same. I hope that Millis Steel and Marilyn Flame are kept as their respective English names, unless TPCi can somehow pull a Woosleyism and name them something better.

As for the English trailer, I liked Marilyn Flame's English voice as well as Yvonne/Serena's English voice (first time that I'm hearing it). As with DAT NARRATOR...I don't know. XD At least we got the "Dee-YAN-see" pronunciation for Diancie, so that's a plus (although if the etymology does involve the English word diamond, "Dye-YAN-see" probably would be better and would make more sense...this feels like "Dialga" all over again ). It's going to be a rough few months as Never Trust A Trailer is in full effect, particularly regarding Mega Evolutions (although I hope everything from the trailer makes it in; the diamonds were pretty and stuff and all the voices were decent to good range...still unsure about whatever sound Delphox uttered XD). The English trailer omitted the "Project Pikachu/Pikachu the Movie/Pikachu Project" stuff, strangely... Here's hoping we get an official English release of it online or on the DVD release of this movie.. :x

In addition, it's cool that Ayaka cameoed in Pokemon XY Special Episode: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act I~; looking forward to see her role in the movie! I hope that these movie characters get veiled cameos in future core series Pokemon games...
Old April 7th, 2014 (08:17 PM).
Give up and surrender!

Nature: Naive
I quite like Millis' design as well, particularly since it doesn't shove the whole GET IT SHE HAS A CHESNAUGHT thing in your face.
Old April 7th, 2014 (08:47 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Nature: Bold
I love Ayaka, but they could have done better than to make her that generic trainer class. I mean, based off it? Fine. Exactly the same? Come on. :( Millis is pretty rad-looking; Kamekan is right about not being so over the top. The other two still look like gijinkas lol.

As for the English logo, it's doing the same thing I think most Pokémon logos do: cramming way too many designs into one thing. It just looks a mess. The parts individually look nice, but all together is a jumble of weird.
Dwebble - #184
pairs - ama - gravity falls fc - minecraft
Old April 7th, 2014 (09:07 PM).
Oro

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Aquacorde:
As for the English logo, it's doing the same thing I think most Pokémon logos do: cramming way too many designs into one thing. It just looks a mess. The parts individually look nice, but all together is a jumble of weird.
I think if the pretty pink Diancie text was taken out, it wouldn't look so bad. It just clashes with the ominous 'Cocoon of Destruction' text. What's also throwing me off is the white line across the bottom of 'of Destruction' and the left half of the 'o' in 'of.' Why is it not all red?

As far as the dub title goes, I was hoping Cocoon would have been changed to something more threatening and not so oxymoronic. Like cocoons add to life, not destroy it D: Maybe something more like 'Covert of Destruction' or 'Capsule of Destruction.'
Old April 7th, 2014 (09:11 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Yeah whatever they were trying to do with the gradients there could have gone a lot better ahaha.

Iunno tho, I kind of like cocoon. It gives the vibe of this being a more natural phenomenon than anything. Oh and beyond that I'm getting serious Jirachi movie vibes from this whole thing. Like not enough to be worried but enough to feel a similarity.
Dwebble - #184
Old April 8th, 2014 (04:08 PM).
What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom nom*

Nature: Adamant
I don't watch the movies/Anime, but does this mean we'll be having a Diancie event soon?
Old April 8th, 2014 (04:36 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Some people have uncovered the Diancie event in the game code already, so I presume they're going to have that in tandem with the movie, yeah. :3
Dwebble - #184
Old April 8th, 2014 (05:07 PM).

Sounds good... What kind of event?
Old April 8th, 2014 (05:34 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

I assume it's just the traditional distribution with a little story in-game. The regulars of the XY forum would probably know more; maybe check in with their Quick Questions thread?
Dwebble - #184
Old April 8th, 2014 (06:05 PM).

Will do. I would like so DLC where we get to go underground into the Diancie cave with all the Carbink and catch Diancie. (Yeah, I don't wanna just recieve Diancie, I wanna catch it.)
Old April 22nd, 2014 (01:04 PM).

New Summary from Serebii :

Quote:
And Diancie, who has lived her entire life as a princess, feels what friendship is for the very first time, growing a bit in the process... The group continues onwards, guided by the Fairy Aura Xerneas emits, until they eventually reach the forbidden Alearth Woods, where all life was once eradicated.
It would be cool if Ash actually sense the ''Fairy Aura'' Xerneas emits .
It would be good for the movie and TV Show .
Imagine Team Flare being interested in Ash not because he's was miraculously at the right place at the right time , But because he can sense the Aura Xerneas & Yveltal emit

Old June 23rd, 2014 (11:22 AM).

I found a youtube video showing new scenes of the newest pokemon movie. the link it right here http://youtu.be/Ef0Icessq6I
theres a tiny scene that looks like it shows when diancie mega evolves. and when ash and company first meet diancie too

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old July 17th, 2014 (11:18 AM).

I know What I'm will look forward to this movie !
More Serena Fanservice

Sadly I didn't find the trailer with this-

Old November 8th, 2014 (08:47 AM).

will i be able to watch it anytime soon?
Old November 8th, 2014 (09:53 AM).
♥ maraala ♥

Quote originally posted by janejane6178:
will i be able to watch it anytime soon? :(
Quote originally posted by Wobbu:
M17 airs on Cartoon Network, after a marathon of episodes focused on Team Aqua and Team Magma, on Saturday, November 8th, at 2:30 PM EST.
I don't know if it will subsequently be released on CN's website or Pokémon.com, but it'll be online shortly after. We can't help you find it illegally though. So like, check the streaming sites in like six hours lol

If you want it in Japanese you'll have to wait for the DVD to come out there which will be Dec 17. And then who knows when the subbers will get to it.
Dwebble - #184
Old November 8th, 2014 (10:24 AM).

Quote originally posted by Anna:
I don't know if it will subsequently be released on CN's website or Pokémon.com, but it'll be online shortly after. We can't help you find it illegally though. So like, check the streaming sites in like six hours lol

If you want it in Japanese you'll have to wait for the DVD to come out there which will be Dec 17. And then who knows when the subbers will get to it.
thanks for yout help, very kind of you.
the problem is that i'm not sure how to look up for it or where i can watch it online.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links