The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 29th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Brendon McCullum
Making johto anime hack.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Brendon McCullum
When i have written the whole script and then compile it and Mistakes Comes and When testing, some applymovements goes wrong, some msgbox Doubles And glitches. These make me mad most!
Old April 6th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Near~
The End is Near...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Near~
I'm making a zeo rom base and I accidently loaded a different pal for the trees That I had already inserted... And You would think I saved the tree palette... xD
Spoiler:
Old April 6th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Smeargle
Keep it Artsy :)

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Smeargle
Definitely hate it when I'm hex editing or working on an expirement that involves hex and I make a small mistake like writing offsets backwards or not documenting what I've changed. Mainly the smaller things make me mad because I overlook them.

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

- Eleanor Roosevelt
Old April 10th, 2014, 12:01 AM
hashtag
king cook

I hate it when I mess up things that are simple and when trying to fix my mistakes I don't think about them until the very last second. Case in point: when inserting a routine I needed to change the pointer in Hex Workshop but accidentally changed the pointer to the ASM routine rather than the Script containing the callasm command and I couldn't figure it out for ages!
The path of the righteous man is beset of all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Old April 10th, 2014, 05:41 AM
kingrocker

THE HORRID AMOUNT OF INFO ON ANYTHING!
B-0175 9239 8849
W-0046 4750 6974
W-0132 9743 2114
HG-1808 0115 7051
SS-0949 0181 0382
Pt-5113 5370 6632
D-0734 2697 2097
P-
I have every Main Pokemon game From the 3rd Gen and Beyond
Old April 10th, 2014, 05:46 AM
hashtag
king cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrocker View Post
THE HORRID AMOUNT OF INFO ON ANYTHING!
While this could possibly be my favourite post of all time, is there any chance you could elaborate on what you actually mean by horrible amount of info on anything? I'm interested to see what you feel is complicated, especially when ROM Hacking has been immensely simplified over the past 5 years.
The path of the righteous man is beset of all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Old April 10th, 2014, 06:33 AM
kingrocker

R&D is full of interesting threads that were over years yet were so short... That amazes me that in 5 years nothing new was really done... EXAMPLE: advancemap 1.95 beta is still beta... no 1.95 release or 1.96 in sight, I would think a 2.0 release might be something that would happen in 2014, but Lu-Ho Quit hacking and he either told people not to take over the project or nobody decided to...
B-0175 9239 8849
W-0046 4750 6974
W-0132 9743 2114
HG-1808 0115 7051
SS-0949 0181 0382
Pt-5113 5370 6632
D-0734 2697 2097
P-
I have every Main Pokemon game From the 3rd Gen and Beyond

Last edited by kingrocker; April 10th, 2014 at 06:35 AM. Reason: words R hard
Old April 10th, 2014, 07:32 AM
hashtag
king cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrocker View Post
R&D is full of interesting threads that were over years yet were so short... That amazes me that in 5 years nothing new was really done... EXAMPLE: advancemap 1.95 beta is still beta... no 1.95 release or 1.96 in sight, I would think a 2.0 release might be something that would happen in 2014, but Lu-Ho Quit hacking and he either told people not to take over the project or nobody decided to...
A-Map hardly needs an update, we should be happy that we have a tool that allows us to actually do the maps. Go back just a little longer and you'll see that people didn't even have map editors and mapping was done in a hex editor. Take it from someone who has been around a while, ROM Hacking has vastly progressed over the past five years. When I began my first hack people would have laughed if I had said that I wanted a Day and Night or a Physical/Special system. Maybe if someone else hasn't done enough research on something that you would like to implement then you should look into it yourself and be the innovator. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't believe anyone these days should discredit the amount of information available to them when you can go back 5 years and we'd be laughing at the notion of half the stuff that is freely available these days.
Old April 11th, 2014, 03:08 AM
VV
ブラック

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to VV
When I insert a script then ♥♥♥♥s up the rom and I don't know how to fix it. More ♥♥♥♥ed up if I have no back up, that's a pain.
Old April 11th, 2014, 04:46 AM
hashtag
king cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.V View Post
When I insert a script then ♥♥♥♥s up the rom and I don't know how to fix it. More ♥♥♥♥ed up if I have no back up, that's a pain.
No need for the swearing To be completely honest with you you would have to do something completely catastrophic in your script to mess the ROM up beyond repair, so I can't really see where you're coming from. It's probably a rule of thumb that if you are inserting anything that has even a minor chance of corruption that you should make atleast one backup.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:20 AM
18mlivingston
Rookie hacker

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to 18mlivingston
When you run out of space to add things that made me mad

Good Hacks :3

Jagold is awesome
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Maglor

Insertion of new tiles is the devil. I still don't get it. I have a go at it, fail, get more frustrated than I've ever been, put it away for a while, then repeat the process. (All the time renewing the "frustrated than I've ever been.")
Old April 26th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18mlivingston View Post
When you run out of space to add things that made me mad
Lol more specifically tilesets. You wanna add just one more different looking tree or maybe a fence but no every 8x8 possible is taken. xP I'm a little nervous for my rom actually since I have to use a-map 1.92 for emerald for when I insert new tilesets... eventually I'm gonna run out of offsets to repoint stuff and then I'll be screwed because I can't repoint new map sizes or tileset insertions to any offsets that are in the extended part of the rom which sucks ... hopefully I can find a bypass of this later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maglor View Post
Insertion of new tiles is the devil. I still don't get it. I have a go at it, fail, get more frustrated than I've ever been, put it away for a while, then repeat the process. (All the time renewing the "frustrated than I've ever been.")
Check out my sig, theres a link to my tutorial on adding tiles with a-map. If you need help just send a PM.
• Check out the Ruby rombase sound list I contributed by clicking here
Old April 26th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Maglor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post

Check out my sig, theres a link to my tutorial on adding tiles with a-map. If you need help just send a PM.
Cheers buddy, I'll check it out tonight/tomorrow morning and try to gather a calm mind before setting out on another tile adventure.
Old April 27th, 2014, 02:58 AM
The Riddler
Big TV

Nature: Naughty
Right now, probably inserting graphics like a titlescreen or battle backgrounds and getting just a white screen when testing.
Old April 27th, 2014, 03:00 AM
VV
ブラック

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to VV
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
Right now, probably inserting graphics like a titlescreen or battle backgrounds and getting just a white screen when testing.
Probably, you did something wrong I could offer my help inserting a 256/240 titlescreen for you
Old April 27th, 2014, 03:14 AM
The Riddler
Big TV

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.V View Post
Probably, you did something wrong I could offer my help inserting a 256/240 titlescreen for you
Really, you would do that ? I'll PM you right away.
Old May 4th, 2014, 04:13 AM
Maglor

Not exactly a screwup... but not having enough space on the tileset you're adding new tiles to, cus' that thing can't exceed 128*192...
Old May 4th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
I screwed up in finishing it. Too less motivation these days. :/
Old May 5th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Brendon McCullum
Making johto anime hack.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Brendon McCullum
I also Get mad when i screw up with all palettes in the game for Adjusting one sprites, that has happened to me many times in OW spriting! Now it doesnt happen, but it used to happen when i was new in hacking.

Sponsored Links