Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Reload this Page [Tool] Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 10th, 2014 (11:32 AM).
God is busy...May i help you

Nature: Lonely
The expand pokemon doesn't works.......it expands the pokemon correctly but as I changed the number of pokes to 649....it created it....and in the game as we move on to a battle with the pokemon that we expanded is with us....the game frezzes.....why is it so?
Old May 10th, 2014 (11:51 AM).

Quote originally posted by Dark Sneasel:
I think you did. When you expand the dex in G3HS it asks you for an offset to repoint it to, get it and put it in your ini.
ok so im one step closer so this is the offeset it gave me (manual offset when i expanded one pokemon): 72846c so i replaced PokemonNames=0x245EE0 with PokemonNames=72846c and now it shows me that i have pokemon however their names are corrupted, i see symbols instead of seeing BULBASAUR. Now, for this ROM (since im testing first), im using only 1 expanded pokemon, so i replaced the Pokemonnumbers=411 with 412,413 and it didnt work, i also replaced with 387 to no avail. Probably im getting the pokemon numbers wrong or probably there problem is another.
Old May 10th, 2014 (02:11 PM).
I like being a drone.
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by joshass123:
ok so im one step closer so this is the offeset it gave me (manual offset when i expanded one pokemon): 72846c so i replaced PokemonNames=0x245EE0 with PokemonNames=72846c and now it shows me that i have pokemon however their names are corrupted, i see symbols instead of seeing BULBASAUR. Now, for this ROM (since im testing first), im using only 1 expanded pokemon, so i replaced the Pokemonnumbers=411 with 412,413 and it didnt work, i also replaced with 387 to no avail. Probably im getting the pokemon numbers wrong or probably there problem is another.
Try this: PokemonNames=0x72846c

Join Poketch.com, a new ROM hacking community! Click on the image for more!
Old May 10th, 2014 (02:17 PM).

Quote originally posted by Dark Sneasel:
Try this: PokemonNames=0x72846c
lol my bad i said it wrong yes i have it like PokemonNames=0x72846c XD
Old May 10th, 2014 (04:45 PM).

Quote originally posted by joshass123:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324867 here you go, follow this tutorial my friend

thanks! :DDD

another question... so i managed to put my extended pokemons in the wild. tried to catch one and this happened...
Spoiler:

is there way to edit this? if not, BYPASS it so each time i caught a pokemon, it skips this screen?

EDIT: also, i have already edited the POKEDEX tab on g3hs and repointed the stuff there. it works on the pokedex menu... its just that screen thats giving me that problem.
Old May 10th, 2014 (06:58 PM).

Quote originally posted by pengoy:

another question... so i managed to put my extended pokemons in the wild. tried to catch one and this happened...

is there way to edit this? if not, BYPASS it so each time i caught a pokemon, it skips this screen?

EDIT: also, i have already edited the POKEDEX tab on g3hs and repointed the stuff there. it works on the pokedex menu... its just that screen thats giving me that problem.
Do you have a national dex.
Old May 10th, 2014 (08:13 PM).
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by pengoy:

Spoiler:

You need to give them a habitat! That will be in the next version of G3HS, which I am releasing as soon as I finish the last feature.

Paired with Simba
Old May 10th, 2014 (08:18 PM).

Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
You need to give them a habitat! That will be in the next version of G3HS, which I am releasing as soon as I finish the last feature.

ahhh! i see, i guess i'll have to wait then. looking forward on the next release!

PS: sometimes, when i catch an extended pokemon and went to that menu... the screen freezes. thats why i was looking for a way to fix it.
Old May 10th, 2014 (09:24 PM).

Umm..no one seemed to answer my question so ill just ask again.
I am using Mr.Dollsteak's patch and I hex edited "BPRE" to "MrDS" but then when I open the rom on the tool an error occurs. What am I doing wrong?
Old May 11th, 2014 (06:23 AM). Edited May 12th, 2014 by hashtag.

Quote originally posted by Erkin:
Umm..no one seemed to answer my question so ill just ask again.
I am using Mr.Dollsteak's patch and I hex edited "BPRE" to "MrDS" but then when I open the rom on the tool an error occurs. What am I doing wrong?
Get a clean Fire Red patch and apply the patch. Change BPRE to MrDS and open it up. If it tells you that the Rom is BPRE but it's changed to MrDS or something along those lines click no. Then change it back to BPRE and the same window appears. This time click yes.

BTW Karatekid I don't know if this will help with the sprite aborting problem but I somehow fixed it but it happened to me again when I saved a Pokemon Sprite I added twice accidentally. Nothing was checked including the Fill Sprites with 0xFF.
Old May 12th, 2014 (07:43 AM). Edited May 14th, 2014 by anonyboy.
Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-Creator

Nature: Adamant
Idk if it was already asked here but how do I make the tool work after iv'e added Jambo51's DN evolutions since it shows me an error about evolutions list when i launch the suite, what should i edit in the ini to make the rom work with the suite again?

Old May 12th, 2014 (02:00 PM). Edited May 12th, 2014 by Ewery1.
Buizels FTW!

Nature: Jolly

Get your own one here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307712
Old May 12th, 2014 (04:31 PM).
I like being a drone.
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by Ewery1:

Go to the Pokemon that has that error in Advanced Series, add the sprite again, save.

Join Poketch.com, a new ROM hacking community! Click on the image for more!
Old May 13th, 2014 (02:47 AM).

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552

The next time this happens, send me the rom, the ini, and a picture of the error. Just send it man, and I will look and try and figure out what went wrong.

Quote originally posted by Silver371:
Get a clean Fire Red patch and apply the patch. Change BPRE to MrDS and open it up. If it tells you that the Rom is BPRE but it's changed to MrDS or something along those lines click no. Then change it back to BPRE and the same window appears. This time click yes.

BTW Karatekid I don't know if this will help with the sprite aborting problem but I somehow fixed it but it happened to me again when I saved a Pokemon Sprite I added twice accidentally. Nothing was checked including the Fill Sprites with 0xFF.
So it happened when you clicked save twice.... I don't think I've ever tried that!

Paired with Simba
Old May 13th, 2014 (03:17 AM).
Buizels FTW!

The next time this happens, send me the rom, the ini, and a picture of the error. Just send it man, and I will look and try and figure out what went wrong.

So it happened when you clicked save twice.... I don't think I've ever tried that!
Happened again, it has now spread to every Pokemon, not just the ones i added :L. Okay, I'll send it.

Old May 13th, 2014 (06:33 AM).
dreamin'

A quick question: do you think it would be possible to export all my modifications and apply them to another rom? Or would I have to enter them manually again?

Perhaps this feature could be implemented in the future?

btw keep up the awesome work!
Old May 13th, 2014 (09:50 AM).
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
Am I doing something wrong? I want to change the color of a Pokemon icon. When I try to change the number and save, the changes don't get properly saved.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a .zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old May 13th, 2014 (01:15 PM).

Quote originally posted by AmazingCharizard:
Am I doing something wrong? I want to change the color of a Pokemon icon. When I try to change the number and save, the changes don't get properly saved.
This happens to me as well.
Old May 13th, 2014 (06:21 PM).

Quote originally posted by Akiak:
A quick question: do you think it would be possible to export all my modifications and apply them to another rom? Or would I have to enter them manually again?

Perhaps this feature could be implemented in the future?

btw keep up the awesome work!
Being able to save and load pokemon is planned, just not yet.

Quote originally posted by DarkDown:
This happens to me as well.
Umm, like change the palette? Can you be a little bit more clear.

Paired with Simba
Old May 14th, 2014 (04:48 AM).
dreamin'

Being able to save and load pokemon is planned, just not yet.
Sounds good! Would this be cross-compatible (i.e. from emerald to fire red)?
Old May 14th, 2014 (09:39 AM).

Umm, like change the palette? Can you be a little bit more clear.
This is what I meant:
Spoiler:

I want to change to 2 so it should show up the correct colors. But the changes don't get saved. Is it even possible with this tool(which is quite good, good job)?

BTW: I think what needs to be improved is the speed. Generally, it is good, but especially when you save it gets slow. Once again, still a nice tool

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a .zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
Old May 14th, 2014 (12:31 PM).
Buizels FTW!

Hi, any luck karate? I sent it to you a while ago.

Old May 14th, 2014 (06:51 PM).

This is what I meant:
Spoiler:

I want to change to 2 so it should show up the correct colors. But the changes don't get saved. Is it even possible with this tool(which is quite good, good job)?

BTW: I think what needs to be improved is the speed. Generally, it is good, but especially when you save it gets slow. Once again, still a nice tool
So you change the palette index, then save and it just reverts back to 1?

Functionality > speed
I promise to work on optimizations, but I want to get stuff working much more.

Quote originally posted by Akiak:
Sounds good! Would this be cross-compatible (i.e. from emerald to fire red)?
I think it might, haven't laid down the specifics yet.

Hi, any luck karate? I sent it to you a while ago.
I found that the tables have been filled with crap.... That means something is up. Did you happen to click save twice in a row without making changes? I was able to force replicate the LZDecompression error on a single sprite by doing that, but not on all of them at once like this is.

Paired with Simba
Old May 15th, 2014 (05:28 AM).

So you change the palette index, then save and it just reverts back to 1?

Functionality > speed
I promise to work on optimizations, but I want to get stuff working much more.
Exactly. It is not the biggest deal but if you have a tool that already has lot's of features these nice little things are pretty nice lol. Since I don't think I've seen a tool that can DO that.
Don't worry with the speed, excited to see more features like that exporting, that would be mind-blowing :D

How to patch a rom:
Old May 15th, 2014 (05:39 PM).

Exactly. It is not the biggest deal but if you have a tool that already has lot's of features these nice little things are pretty nice lol. Since I don't think I've seen a tool that can DO that.
Don't worry with the speed, excited to see more features like that exporting, that would be mind-blowing :D
To be honest, I could whip up a JSON exporter for Pokemon pretty easily. I just think my rom recovery feature is more needed right now.

Paired with Simba
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links